PDA

View Full Version : The First Call

04-23-2009, 03:25 AM
What was the first call you handled by yourself after you got off the FTO phase?
Were you scared/excited/confident?
What was the outcome?

04-23-2009, 12:32 PM
Hmm...my first call. I remember it as if it were yesterday.

You see, a circus midget and a rodeo clown were driving a chicken truck eastbound on Kendall Drive. All of a sudden, a rig carrying thousands of pounds of fireworks made a left in front of the chicken truck right around 117th ave and POW!!

And guess who was driving the fireworks truck?? None other than Rick Sanchez!! So, not only do we have chickens, feathers, fireworks popping everywhere, a midget and a damn rodeo clown running amok, but now Rick Sanchez, putting down his beer, gets out of the truck and sets up a MEDIA STAGING AREA!!

"SHOCKING accident on Kendall Drive and 117th ave!! News at six!!" So I'm there, trying to figure out where to start, and Rick, the clown, and the midget walk fifty feet south to the Bennigan's and start pounding a few more beers because, of course, it was Friday at 1700 hrs.

So, what could I do? I knocked out the 17 report, 0-6ed, and joined those maniacs for a few beers of my own! What a day. Ahh, yes, law enforcement. Never a dull moment. Oh, the stories we told that day. That Rick, he can drink anyone under the table!

Chicken, anyone? :devil:

04-25-2009, 12:18 AM
My question is this?

!!!WHO WOKE UP THE NEXT DAY WITH THE MIDGET YOU OR THE CLOWN???????? :devil:

05-01-2009, 04:05 PM
A domestic call happening in the driveway of an apartment complex.

I arrived first, my 15 was still 5-10mins away. The guy and girl were fighting about him having the hots for her sister.

I was nervous as hell, but got them quieted down and under control before the 15 arrived. Wrote the report and went 09 and have had a blast for the last 19 years! :cop: