PDA

View Full Version : I.A. Question

04-23-2009, 02:00 AM
I was wondering since when do you need an employee to not be on sick leave to conduct an IA investigation? What bearing does that have? You DO have to speak to all the witnesses and victims BEFORE you talk to the suspect officer, right? Couldn't Mike have been doing that while Charlie was on sick leave?

If Charlie was on sick leave, why were we and the media told he was on admin leave? Which was it? It sounds like our sheriff is slinging some heavy duty bullschitt. Hey, isn't he the guy who never lies??? Doesn't tolerate lying??? Fires anyone who lies??? And whats up with that stupid wink? Is he flirting with the reporters or was Brandy in the room? You need to ask yourselfs these questions because something is not right around here.

04-23-2009, 03:03 AM
This could get worse, Bob M. could be sent to I.A.

Hallelujah brothers and sisters, bring the sinners to the fold.

Good Luck :devil:

04-24-2009, 02:08 AM
the little guy was put on admin leave, then called and asked to be pleaced on flma. once that happened no investigation could be conduced and the little guy new it. he was hiding behind fmla. now that he retired it's a mute point. bottom line he is gone and life is so much better.

04-30-2009, 03:57 AM
Well, let me tell you this. If a suspect is sick and cannot be interviewed (let's say he is in the hsopital), that does not end the investigation. The investigator continues to gather evidence and speak to witnesses, obtaining statements as he or she goes on.
And so, an IA investigation is no different. Charlie was suspended. Whatever reason the sheriff tries to take to justify his actions ignore this one simply concept - in the absence of Charlie, the sheriff's investigators could be gathering information, documents, statements, etc, that would support the investigation into the allegations. Upon the end of the suspension period, call the Chief in and get his statement. Oh, but it is alleged the chief was on fmla until retirement. That cannot happen. He had to come off of light duty for a day, even to just retire.

Oh, and what is this I hear that Mike Scott is being investigated by the feds for some things he has done? Is is true he is corrupt and has been in bed with organized crime?

05-01-2009, 03:58 PM
We, as sworn officers, are all held to a higher standard. If you choose to follow a direct order and you know that order is out of bounds and against the law, such as damaging county property, you have the lawful duty to ignore that order and go to the next level in the chain of command. If you follow the order knowing such order is illegal or unethical, be prepared to suffer the same consequences as the person who gave the order.
That being said, if anyone out there has information of any illicit or unethical conduct, come forward. Don't consider yourself a "rat." I am so over the 60's 70's and 80's era of cops saying protect the thin blue line. Wrong is wrong. I don't care if it is a captain or the sheriff himself you are bound by the oath you took to the people to uphold the constitution of FL and the US of A. If in your ignorance, you choose to turn your head and not do the right thing, please turn in your badge and gun and go find a new job. You are no different than the ones we take to jail everyday. If the people on this site are just running their mouths to support gossip with out fact, I suggest you stop. You are only hurting yourselves and tarnishing our agency. The idiots that have been fired, or retired under scrutiny recently have done enough to give our agency a black eye, please don't make it worse with gossip and innuendo's. I emplore you to come forward to IA with information or evidence of wrongdoing as some of you speculate on this site. IA is there for a reason. If you don't feel IA will do a thorough job, be anonymous, send them the info and copy it to the media so there is no chance of a coverup. thank you.

05-01-2009, 09:41 PM
IT WONT BE TO IA, THAT'S FOR SURE, MIKEY CAN FIND OUT REAL SOON FROM THE FEDS. :evil:

05-06-2009, 05:56 AM
We, as sworn officers, are all held to a higher standard. If you choose to follow a direct order and you know that order is out of bounds and against the law, such as damaging county property, you have the lawful duty to ignore that order and go to the next level in the chain of command. If you follow the order knowing such order is illegal or unethical, be prepared to suffer the same consequences as the person who gave the order.
That being said, if anyone out there has information of any illicit or unethical conduct, come forward. Don't consider yourself a "rat." I am so over the 60's 70's and 80's era of cops saying protect the thin blue line. Wrong is wrong. I don't care if it is a captain or the sheriff himself you are bound by the oath you took to the people to uphold the constitution of FL and the US of A. If in your ignorance, you choose to turn your head and not do the right thing, please turn in your badge and gun and go find a new job. You are no different than the ones we take to jail everyday. If the people on this site are just running their mouths to support gossip with out fact, I suggest you stop. You are only hurting yourselves and tarnishing our agency. The idiots that have been fired, or retired under scrutiny recently have done enough to give our agency a black eye, please don't make it worse with gossip and innuendo's. I emplore you to come forward to IA with information or evidence of wrongdoing as some of you speculate on this site. IA is there for a reason. If you don't feel IA will do a thorough job, be anonymous, send them the info and copy it to the media so there is no chance of a coverup. thank you.

Is that what they taught you in the academy, rookie? Most of the "idiots" who have been fired were done wrong by the department and that's the fact. Also, if you want to be a rat, then be prepared to pay the consequences of having no friends, eating alone, and generally being a miserable chiva. If cops acted more like the 60's 70's and 80's era you wouldn't see these nitwits in Dunbar runninng off at the mouth every time they see us.

05-07-2009, 01:30 AM
Is that what they taught you in the academy, rookie? Most of the "idiots" who have been fired were done wrong by the department and that's the fact. Also, if you want to be a rat, then be prepared to pay the consequences of having no friends, eating alone, and generally being a miserable chiva. If cops acted more like the 60's 70's and 80's era you wouldn't see these nitwits in Dunbar runninng off at the mouth every time they see us.

Yeah you tell him dirty Harry, you've got to break the law to enforce the law! :twisted:

05-07-2009, 08:54 AM

Yeah you tell him dirty Harry, you've got to break the law to enforce the law! :twisted:

No, idiot, it isn't like that at all. But still you need to step up and do what you have to do, not act like a little *****. Espcially in front of the Dunbarians.