PDA

View Full Version : Sheriff responds to ex-chief deputy

04-22-2009, 11:13 PM
LEE COUNTY: Newly retired Lee County chief deputy Charlie Ferrante spoke about the final days of his career spent on administrative leave after accusations of intimidation and abuse of power. Sheriff Mike Scott also talked about the investigation into his former right-hand man.

There are more allegations against the sheriff's ex right-hand man. And for the first time, we're hearing them straight from Sheriff Scott's mouth.

"If he was here, I'd get to the bottom of it - don't worry," Sheriff Scott said.

New documents just released show that because Charlie Ferrante went on medical leave during his suspension, he wasn't completely investigated.

We took those papers straight to the former chief himself.

"It's got me thoroughly confused," Ferrante said.

Ferrante said an investigation would have cleared him and that he never meddled in his brother’s affairs. His brother is ex-captain Dominick Ferrante.

"That contact came after explicit and countless direction from me that he stay out of his brother's issue," said Sheriff Scott.

Charlie Ferrante says that's not the case at all. He says the sheriff even called him into a meeting when they discussing his brother's personnel file after Dominick's resignation.

"Why would you invite me to the meeting? That makes no sense to me. It should be, ‘Chief, you are to stay out of this. Go to your office. We're going to discuss this,’" said Ferrante.

The ex-chief also deny allegations against him of intimidation, threats and rage when it came to a sergeant and a department lawyer.

Wednesday, Sheriff Scott said he had already started to investigate the allegations when Ferrante suddenly handed in his letter of retirement in early March.

Ferrante said he never planned on going out like this after 20 years of service. The sheriff's office says because he went on medical leave, they could not call him back in for question regarding the family leave act.

04-24-2009, 01:28 AM
I can see why Mike doesn't tolerate lying. He is a horrible liar. Is anyone fooled by his quizzical looks and embarrassing feigned ignorance?

"You can bet if he was here I would get to the bottom of it!" So go ahead and get to the bottom of it. What was stopping you? Why didn't you conduct your IA and interview everyone you needed to. Allegedly that was a long list, so it should have taken some time to complie all those statements, right? Once Charlie returns, you interview him. Wow, that was easy.

You remember the Obama scandal? His goofy shrugs and "What? All I did was use his middle name. What's the problem?" Like he didn't kno whe was intentionally associating Obama's name to Saddam Hussein. This guy is going to find himself collapsing fast without Charlie to take the hard hits for him.

04-24-2009, 02:03 AM
why conduct an investigation if Charlie is going to hide behind Fmla. he cant be interviewed and any investigation would stop once charlie retired. any investigation would be a waist of time. the bottom line is the little guy is gone. thank god.