PDA

View Full Version : Memo regarding ex-Chief Deputy Ferrante

04-22-2009, 05:18 PM
Lee County Sheriff Mike Scott sent a memo on Monday to Abbi Smith, an attorney for the sheriff’s office, about an encounter involving former Chief Deputy Charles Ferrante.

The memo was in response to the March 11 letter where Smith related an encounter with Ferrante, which took place March 5, when she alleged the chief attempted to intimidate her into purging documents from his brother, Dominick Ferrante’s file.

The memo serves “to punctuate the seriousness of that March 5 encounter, and document my inability to pursue formal resolve with Ferrante due to the circumstances of his departure,” Scott wrote.

“I intend this response to be closure absent the ability for further inquiry into Ferrante’s actions,” the memo said.

Ferrante’s brother, former captain Domenick Ferrante, resigned on February after failing a polygraph resignation after an alleged dispute with other officers.

Scott wrote he repeatedly ordered Ferrante to refrain from involvement into his brother’s professional troubles, the memo said.

“I was completely satisfied that Charles Ferrante was clear on my direction,” Scott wrote.

“Clearly, Charles Ferrante approaching you on March 5, 2009 and specifically confronting you in an ‘intimidating and inappropriate’ manner regarding his brother’s personnel file was unacceptable and improper,” the memo said.

“This response serves as a conclusion to a more thorough inquiry into Carles Ferrante that was inhibited by the circumstances following his sudden retirement,” Scott said.