PDA

View Full Version : Letter from Representative Robaina to FHP

04-21-2009, 09:23 PM
Before I throw up I wanted to share this with everyone, I'll go puke now,

Report this postReply with quote A Letter To FHP State Troopers From Rep Robaina
by State Representative Julio Robaina on 04/17/09 21:25:00

To State Troopers who serve our State:

You are the soldiers on the front lines, you are our boots on the ground who choose to fight crime in our streets and protect our loved ones. You are our true heroes who protect the citizens and visitors of Florida. Without your courage, commitment, and strength, the people of Florida would not be secure. We’ll never be able to compensate you adequately for the services you provide and the risks you take, I am determined to find cost effective ways of raising revenues to address your salary constraints. For these reasons, I sponsored House Bill 1195, a bill to retain State Troopers, State Law Enforcement Officers, Correctional, and Correctional Probation Officers.

As we navigate through these fiscally difficult times, I wanted to make sure that those of you who serve in the front lines of democracy, as law enforcement officers, are justly compensated. This bill will help retain troopers and state law enforcement officers by establishing new penalty guidelines to generate funds from those who choose to break the law. It addresses the challenges we face in public safety and looks toward sustaining the quality of life that we all want for our families; maintaining a strong and well trained force is paramount to the safety and security of the people of Florida. Florida cannot afford to wait until it faces a crisis in the state law enforcement community to act.

Troopers, I can lobby my fellow members of the Legislature but there is one voice that can truly make a difference and that is YOURS. Allow me to be very direct, I urge you to contact your respective State Representative and Senator, to keep House Bill 1195 alive and moving. In other words, if you don’t get involved and contact your State Legislature, this bill may not have a chance.

I am aware that some of your own superiors discourage you from contacting your elected officials. I have contacted Executive Director Theodorides-Bustle, Colonel Czernis, your leadership and expressed the importance of allowing you to make direct contact with the members of the House of Representatives and Senate. The members of the Legislature need to hear your voices, as constituents and as State Troopers, in order to understand the significance of this bill. If they do not hear from you directly, they will disregard the crisis facing our Troopers.

The bill’s next council stop is the Finance & Tax Council; if this bill is not heard in this council, the bill will not see the light of day on the House floor for a vote of approval. Just as you took an oath to fulfill your duties as Troopers, I took an oath to make and amend laws and this is a substantial bill that will help all Troopers in the State of Florida.

I implore you to make a commitment and contact your State Legislators to co-sponsor and pass House Bill 1195. To help you determine who your own state representative and senator is, please visit the following website:

http://www.myfloridahouse.gov/Sections/ ... ative.aspx (http://www.myfloridahouse.gov/Sections/Representatives/myrepresentative.aspx).

Respectfully Submitted,

Julio Robaina
State Representative
District 117State Representative Julio Robaina

04-21-2009, 09:56 PM
An Important Message Regarding Your Salary from State Representative Julio Robaina.

To the men and women who serve our State:

You all are the fighting soldiers on the streets and in our prison systems who protect the citizens of Florida. Without your courage, commitment, and strength, the people of Florida would not be protected. We’ll never be able to compensate you adequately for the services you provide and the risks you face, but we’re determined to do the best we can. For these reasons alone, I sponsored House Bill 1195, a bill to retain Law Enforcement, Correctional, and Correctional Probation Officers.

As we endured in another fiscally difficult Legislative Session, I wanted to make sure that those who voluntarily serve us are compensated. This bill will help retain the officers of the State by reestablishing different fines violators of the law commit. It addresses the challenges we face in public safety and looks toward sustaining the quality of life that we all desire – maintaining the amount of officers the State needs in order to fully protect our citizens.

Officers, I can lobby my fellow members of the Legislature but there is one voice that can truly make a difference and that is YOURS. I urge you to contact your respective State Legislator, Representative and Senator, to keep House Bill 1195 alive and moving.

I am aware that some of your own superiors discourage you from contacting your elected officials at times. I have contacted them and explained the importance of allowing you to make direct contact with the members of the House of Representatives and Senate. The members of the Legislature need to hear your voices, as active State officers, in order to understand the significance of this bill. If they do not hear from you directly, they will disregard the crisis facing our officers.

The bill’s next council stop is the Finance & Tax Council; without being heard here, the bill will not see the light of day on the House floor for a vote of approval. Just as you took an oath to fulfill your duties as officers, I took an oath to make and amend laws and this is a substantial bill that will help all officers in the State of Florida.

Please make a commitment and contact your State Legislators to co-sponsor and pass House Bill 1195. To help you determine who your own state representative and senator is, please visit the following website: http://www.myfloridahouse.gov/Sections/ ... ative.aspx (http://www.myfloridahouse.gov/Sections/Representatives/myrepresentative.aspx).

Respectfully Submitted,

Julio Robaina
State Representative
District 117

I got that from the PBA. Very similar but definitely disgusting that they got a personalized one.