PDA

View Full Version : Looking to apply

04-21-2009, 07:28 PM
Hello, Im looking to apply with the Bartow Pd and wanted to know a little bit more about the pay and benefits? Equipment provided? Take Homes?
Any insight would be helpful! Thank You!

04-21-2009, 08:29 PM
Not too sure about answers to your questions but, I do know that the deadline to apply is April 30th. I believe there is three positions open, not 100% though on that either.

04-22-2009, 10:07 AM
Never heard of the dead line, but the starting pay is average I think @ 30k while on probation. Retirement is= vested after 6 years, Officers contribute 4 %, multiplyer is 3.125 (higher than the state) 20 years regardless of age. Drop available. All sworn have take home cars. New Chief should be starting in about a month or so. Feel free to contact Donna Harris 8635345034.

04-24-2009, 07:22 AM
Hey guys, I recently applied and was wondering how long the hiring process usually takes? How is the oral board? How long is FTO? What kind of guns do you carry?
Thanks!

05-14-2009, 11:43 PM
Hey, Does anyone know the Pyschologist Dr. Kremper? He is in Bartow. if so, what do you know?

05-15-2009, 12:35 PM
Everybody that works at the PD since like 85 will know who Dr. Kremper is, we've all gone to see him as part of the pre employment. What are you asking?

05-15-2009, 01:23 PM
I have an upcoming visit with him as part of the application process...Just asking around to get an insight, nothing more.

05-16-2009, 12:42 PM
I saw you asked the same thing on another forum.

Is there a problem we should know about?

Stop trying to take a short cut, or the easy way and just do what you are supposed to do.

We don't really need people that try to take short cuts or go the easy way.

05-16-2009, 12:48 PM
Wow, way to blast that guy. I certainly hope that isnt our new chief and is asking about the doc. Have any of you stopped to think that he is probably watching and reading these to get an idea of how we operate. And after reading some of the goofed up things some of you are writing, I think he will have plenty to work with.

05-16-2009, 06:20 PM
X2 with the above post. I am not the Chief applicant...just another academy graduate trying to get an insight on what the psychological exam is like. :?:

05-17-2009, 12:56 PM
why not start googling and find out what a sych exam is?

Why are asking police officers that all passed the sych questions?

I am sorry if asking questions of a potential applicant is "blasting the guy". i feel like we don't need people that are looking for an easy way out or looking for a way to get hookd up to pass an exam.

I don't think the chief applicant is asking anything on this forum, I'm sure he doesn't have to. No matter who gets picked, he has more experience etc then any of our cops.

grow up and stop throwing threats around like, all I want the new chief to grade me on is work product and ability to get things done.

05-20-2009, 08:27 AM
Is it just me or does it seem the same person keeps responding to thier own posts? I dunno, just seems so to me.

05-21-2009, 02:30 AM
I AM THE NEW CHIEF AND IM WATCHING YOU GUYS.... NOW STOP MAKING FUN OF PPL ON THIS FORUM.. :devil:

05-21-2009, 03:14 PM
AND I AM THE NEW C.M. NOW GET TO WORK AND STOP THOSE CITY EMPLOYEES FROM ROLLING THRU STOPSIGNS.

05-22-2009, 11:20 PM
Yea, an youens best be not gettin neeny ice frum dem city ownewd ice mochines. Sick 'em Georgie............yeeeeeehaaaaaaawwwwwwwwwww !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!