PDA

View Full Version : RETIREE HEALTH COST

RETIRED LT 275
04-17-2009, 07:48 PM
HELLO EVERYONE. MY OUT OF POCKET COST FOR THE FAMILY PLAN, HMO INSURANCE IS $937.00 A MONTH. The year I retired it was $750.00, and goes up about $110.00 every month. I know there are many important issues at the agency, but everyone needs to stop and look at what is going to happen to them come retirement time. There are a lot of individual factors at the time you will retire, but one thing that will apply to everyone is the cost will go up every year. This year my cost is $11,244.00 plus doctor co pays, prescription co pays, and vision care.

The PBA needs to address this issue for all the retirees and for everyone at the agency. While I was at the agency there were suggestions, and plans that were brought up, but nothing was done that I am aware of.

Think about it guys, today, its going up 110.00 a month. What will it be when you retire?

Thanks for your time

04-18-2009, 02:07 PM
IF YOU MOVE OUT OF STATE-YOU MUST TAKE PPO.

THE COST IS UNBELIEVABLE $19674.00 A YEAR-THEN SUBTRACT WHATEVER SUBSIDY'S YOU GET.

THIS IS WHAT THE PBA SHOULD BE LOOKING INTO.

I KNOW I KNOW---COST CUTTING IS COMING. BUT THIS IS GOING TO HAVE A HUGH IMPACT ON A LOT OF GUYS WHO WANT TO RETIRE AND GET THE HELL OUT OF THE SOUTH FLORIDA CESSPOOL!!

04-19-2009, 01:04 AM
WOW ! ! ! Thats INCREDIBLE ! ! ! AND A SHAME ! ! ! The young kids are more interested in filling their pockets NOW....they could care less about 25 years down the road.....SO we may not see much change in the next decade