PDA

View Full Version : Off-duty

04-17-2009, 07:41 AM
I am curious what the off-duty detail lists look like, how much you guys get paid, and how often or how available details are at SPD?

Thanks

04-28-2009, 03:08 PM
I'll tell you about it. It stinks. There are very few details being offered these days, which means very few officers are getting details for the month, some aren't getting any at all, and then there are some (1 in particular) that seems to have at least 1 detail every one of his days off, some even as soon as his shift ends.

So how it goes at the Sarasota Police Department

04-29-2009, 08:29 PM
Here we go again. I am going to sit back and watch the fun begin.

:cop: :shock:

08-24-2009, 03:27 AM
Seriously, what's the deal with the details? Is anyone getting more than one a month? Something needs to be done!!!!

08-24-2009, 08:31 PM
I look at the list and it the same people getting / working the details. Why is that. If people are constantly giving away details, then they shouldn't be on the list. :roll:

08-25-2009, 01:21 PM
I look at the list and it the same people getting / working the details. Why is that. If people are constantly giving away details, then they shouldn't be on the list. :roll:

but when people do give away details, its those same people that they know they can count on to work them. they dont have to call 10 people and hear excuses why they cant work. its that simple, be available and you can work.

08-25-2009, 08:20 PM

but when people do give away details, its those same people that they know they can count on to work them. they dont have to call 10 people and hear excuses why they cant work. its that simple, be available and you can work.

People dont care about friends giving their 1 monthly detail away to each other. Its the fact that the same 2 to 3 people, who happen to work dayshift spend their early mornings in Janes office with their little notebooks out, filling up the days of the month with details. Then when it comes time to give out the leftovers, the rest are lucky to get 1, and its usually crap. Its not worth 75 bucks, to go to a 3 hour detail.

08-26-2009, 02:55 PM
Funny how this continues and will continue for a long time. These people that are are always working the details must be paying the ladies in the off duty office a cut of there checks. Maybe I should start taking them to dinner with me or buying them gifts!!! Or doing other special favors!!!!!

08-26-2009, 06:54 PM
Well something needs to be done.. period. that's it. If the same peoples name keep showing up on the daily list for details, and working details immediatly after their shift ends, or within 8 hours of the begining of their next shift, or on days where another officer should be working them, or more than one a day, or taking more than one detail per list per day... SOMETHING NEEDS TO BE DONE!!! this is getting more and more ridiculous. Why is this continuing? Is a certain someone giving a certain two people kickbacks? why put a list of available details out, when others aren't getting any. and how about make it fair. Like not sending the email out a 5pm, knowing that its the last thing they do before walking out the door. then how is if fair to officers who called, or sent an email. who gets it? does it depend on which they checkfirst the next day? the phone or the email. Seriously, lets make this fair. why do we need two of them in that office anyways? and plus you can always tell when they are on teh phone giving out certain information to certain people. would somebody please look into this and make it fair for everyone.

09-08-2009, 04:49 PM
You look into gutless, dont leave it up to some one else to do your dirty work. Thats the problem around here no one wants to take a stand. Pony up and do it your self. :evil: