PDA

View Full Version : DEPUTY

04-10-2009, 06:26 PM
A Monroe County Sheriff's Office Deputy pulled a handicapped man out of burning trailer on Sunday morning.

Both the man, Wayne Hiland, and the deputy, Rosa DiGiovanni, were later treated at Fishermen's Hospital for smoke inhalation.

City of Marathon Assistant Fire Marshall Adam Geanas said the cause of the fire was determined to be an electric power strip that malfunctioned and sparked up under the television set in the living room.

"The owner of the house did not own a fire extinguisher, but tried to use a bucket of water to put out the fire," Geanas said. "The fire had progressed too far along though."

According to MCSO Spokeswoman Becky Herrin, two police deputies used a garden hose to keep the flames at bay until firefighters arrived and extinguished the fire.

The Marathon Fire Department was able to send 12 fire fighters to the scene since the incident took place in between shift changes.

"From arrival to knockdown was eight minutes. Which for a trailer is very quick," said Marathon Fire Captain Eric Dunford.

Dunford said fire fighters were able to fight the fire with a compressed air and foam unit from inside the trailer. Pumper trucks were able to tie into a fire hydrant on 15th Street, according to Dunford. Geneas said most of the trailer suffered smoke damage.

rbusweiler@keysnews.com

04-11-2009, 09:14 AM
WHAT DO YOU WANT, A COOKIE? THANKS FOR DOING YOUR JOB!!

04-11-2009, 02:16 PM
i'll have a cookie, thanks

but i agree, you did your job, wow

people in other department do this kind of stuff every week

04-11-2009, 04:28 PM
Was just trying to give her Kudos! We know it's our job, is it not nice to give someone a pat on the back! This is why nobody wants to use this site anymore. Trying to be nice and give her a pat on the back and DB like you ruin it for everyone. Thanks, you can now return to your miserable life.

04-12-2009, 06:05 PM
I agree great job Rosa.....and everyother real deputy agrees too. We have to stick together we are all we have.

04-15-2009, 11:21 AM
Good job Rosa. STFU Tony.

centermass
04-22-2009, 02:13 PM
Great Job Rosa! :mrgreen:
Frm Sev.