PDA

View Full Version : k9 handler

04-10-2009, 04:00 AM
I didn't think we had any money. How are we getting a new K9 position?

04-10-2009, 04:22 AM
Well we are already paying that Sgt to run the K9 unit why not give him a dog so we have more on the road. What is the dog going to cost us? Are they getting it with a grant/ donated?

04-10-2009, 04:35 AM
Why give the Sgt a dog when he didn't work the other two that he had? He has already shirked all his other responsiblities by getting rid of the units he did not want that required work.

04-10-2009, 05:08 AM
I heard that the sarge's second dog got so bored that he pleasured himself in the backseat of the patrol car.

04-10-2009, 02:41 PM
They sent a K9 handler back to patrol, replacing him.

04-10-2009, 04:19 PM
WTF, A.T. is a good man! We will miss him in the South-end.

04-10-2009, 04:31 PM
It's a sad day for the south end of the county. They will never even see a K9 now.

04-10-2009, 04:34 PM
We have K9's in this agency ?

04-10-2009, 04:56 PM
Yes, there are K-9s in Santa Rosa County. Just check your CAD and look under District 3. :devil:

04-10-2009, 05:52 PM
You turds are worse then a bunch of f%$#%^ high school GOH's. Who cares if K-9 stays up north ....most of the south end are to busy doing s60's to actually catch a bad guy anyway. AT is a good person, but I'm sure there is a good reason to put him back on the road instead of keeping him in K-9. Stop you crying and go do some actual work......s60 is not work. Find bad guy + put in jail= work

04-10-2009, 06:41 PM
Okay buttmonkey, I guess you need it spelled out for you. Hwy 98 is a MAJOR dope trading route, going between Pensacola and Ft. Walton. This would make the area a prime location for roadway interdiction efforts, but if resources are not available, such as a K9, it makes those efforts nearly impossible. Many who work the south end would love to have a K9 readily available for vehicle searches and tracks when said bad guy runs. Presently, it takes 20+ minutes for a K9 to get on scene South of I10, so why go through the bother of making pre-text stops when the tools are not at hand. When a K9 does venture South, the officers do not utilize it effectively simply because they are not accustomed to working with a dog around. Want to come show us "how it's done" ?

04-10-2009, 06:55 PM
You turds are worse then a bunch of f%$#%^ high school GOH's. Who cares if K-9 stays up north ....most of the south end are to busy doing s60's to actually catch a bad guy anyway. AT is a good person, but I'm sure there is a good reason to put him back on the road instead of keeping him in K-9. Stop you crying and go do some actual work......s60 is not work. Find bad guy + put in jail= work
If you think that putting people in jail is the only indicator of doing work, you need to grow up. You must be Super-cop, the defender of all. Try working the south-end before judging. AT is the best proactive handler I have ever worked with.

04-10-2009, 06:56 PM
Sure, I would love to show ya how to be pro-active if you can show me how and why you do a S-60.

04-10-2009, 07:01 PM
Easy...our supervisors, on orders from their supervisors, say do them...your turn.

04-10-2009, 07:55 PM
Hey Southender

So your going to blame your laziness on our department K9's ? Your statement says "why go through the bother of making pre-text stops"? Its called verbal consent. Its amazing how many people will give consent for you to search their car even though they have dope in it. Oh I'm sorry, I forgot that means more work don't it ? It may require you getting out of your car and getting your boots dirty. How about looking at the big picture and seeing where more crime occurs "north or south"? It would help if we were a little more proactive down here as well so I can't much blame them. If you want the K9 handlers to spend more time in one area how about going to there face and asking them instead of running your cake hole on a computer. There all easy to talk to. Thats fine you can do your 60's but a ten hour shift requires a little more than 60's and getting coffee at your local station. How many people truly run in the southend compared to north end. Theres no comparison seeing how you have to get out and do something before a perp is going to run in the first place. And your other statement "when a dog does venture south your not accustomed to working with a dog around" How hard is it ? I'm sure all of us appreciate you talking SH!T about them, because now they'll never come down here "Thanks A$$hole" !

04-10-2009, 09:54 PM
Whoa there Junior, you really should dial back the aggressive tendencies. It can be bad for your blood pressure. Where did you get from any of my posts that I was talking smack about the handlers ? My point is, and I stand by it, is we simply don't have the benefit of an available K9 most of the time. They are all great guys and gal, and I have asked that they spend more time in the South, but don't start with your "we are the greatest, toughest, meanest, most hard working troops in the agency". There are plenty of bad guys to go around, North and South. You like working North, fine. I prefer South for now, but I have been all over this County and will happily work wherever posted, even with you. The dogs are valuable tools, and everyone should have access to them.

04-10-2009, 10:15 PM
Southender guest obviously is very tight with the Pace k-9 handlers. More than probably one of RJ's little lovers. If they came south they wouldn't know how to find their way home.

04-10-2009, 11:27 PM
If you think that putting people in jail is the only indicator of doing work, you need to grow up. You must be Super-cop, the defender of all. Try working the south-end before judging. AT is the best proactive handler I have ever worked with.

First of all I never said that putting people in jail is the ONLY INDICATOR of doing work. Second I'm far from being a Super-cop, but just call a spade a spade. Drum roll please.........Third I have worked the south-end and up north, so I think I should be able to judge either one....again I call it how I see it. Like I said AT is a good guy and active handler. Don't know if he would be the best I have ever worked with, but he's up there. The north and south IN GENERAL are different some have a hug-a-thug mentality where others don't. Most of you on here appear to know EVERYTHING so I will leave it to you to place the differences where ever you feel they should be placed. As I said IN GENERAL, I know a few from the north and south that can run-n-gun all night and I know some in both areas that can blow the maytag guys resume away........

04-11-2009, 12:52 AM
You boys sure made a mountain out of that molehill. K-9s are nice to have, a great asset for finding concealed drugs and money. Know this, that if a person smoked a joint in a car, they probably are not running a load. If you can smell it, the dog can too and will tell you that yes, the dog smells dope too.

Try taking a load off of 98 and you'll get more dogs down there than you know the department has. Truth is, you can expect that for every 10 stops you make, you'll average one dope find, that's 10%. You won't seize a load if you don't stop cars and try. Consent is a great tool, you must be willing to ask for it and risk being told no. You can do your job just the same with a dog as without a dog, no need to whine about this any more.

04-11-2009, 03:23 AM
Wow I have never seen so much deflection. While the original question was answered, another good deputy took in the shorts. Other questions have been raised. What is this opposition to the k-9's doing there job and covering the county. We all know we need more k-9's but they must think that the pay window is D3. Two of them are scared and refuse to leave D3, one has gone to D1 and D2 when his SWAT boys are working. The only one that went where there was a need is no longer there now. This thread has turned into a north vs south. Guess what this entire department has gotten lazy. K-9 is so full of themselves that they do what they want when they want. I have gotten consent and do get consent. I search more cars without the lazy K-9's. Let them do what they want and I'll still put people in the back seat without them.

04-11-2009, 08:18 AM
I don't understand why you all can't seem to get along. I'm not a deputy but I do know a lot of you. Seems you all like to back stab one another like back in high school. I don't understand why. What happened to you all saying after 9-11 how you all would watch each others backs and take care of one another. Back stabbing wasn't in any of your vocabularies. Look how many showed up for the one lost in Pensacola. Three miles long. If you all could stick together like that at all times what an awesome team you all would make. You all know how many officers we lost in 9-11 and you know anything could go down at anytime. You all need to know that the officer that's watching your back can be trusted to put your life in their hands and be there for you. It don't sound like that's the case. You all should treat and take care of one another as if it may be your last. North or South, it's ALL one if you let it be. Come on people life's to short to back stab this way. If you can't go to each other and say what you feel then it shouldn't be said at all. If one of you need's to be reprimanded then there's a reason. I'm sure his stats are to where any of you can see them if you ask. You all do a great thing every day just getting behind that wheel. I thank you all for being out there, I just wish there were more of you than what there is.
[ Be careful how you judge each other, you may be next.]

04-11-2009, 01:31 PM
Conversation about this subject is good for the agency as a whole. First, it lets the brass know that there are problems (whether they do anything to fix it is up to them). Second, it lets everyone know that there is still a division between north and south ends (whether you do anything to fix it is up to you). Finally, it lets us know that some are out for just the stats--ie... you have a tag light out, can I search your car? Go get em boy, you'll be remembered for nothing.

04-11-2009, 01:44 PM
I have no idea what's going on with AT. I haven't asked him and if he wants me to know he'll tell me. So with that aside, I worked with him when he was on patrol, and I have the pride knowing that I wrote a letter of recomendation to get him in the K-9. He didn't need it though. Why? He went to the training before he got Kai and he knows K-9. I got to work with RP, CT, AT, RJ, AM and CB. All of them are excellent K-9 handlers and I have personally been in hot situations with ALL of them. AT is one of those guys that I had no problem with going into a hot call, and when he has my back there is nothing that I worry about. If At is getting out of K-9, that is his businesss, but the SO will be loosing one of the best handlers I have ever worked with.

04-11-2009, 03:27 PM
thats a fact

04-12-2009, 05:35 PM
First of all I would like to thank everyone on here for the positive comments. It is very needed at this point. The reason for my leaving the canine unit is one that is not clear to me. Also, it was not a decision that I had any involvement in. If you want my opinion and to hear what I've been told, feel free to contact me. My number is in the CAD. I don't want to create any negativity for anyone interested in becoming a handler. The deputies in canine have their own way of doing things. We all need to learn to work together. I agree that there is a division between north and south, but the question is why. I have worked with just about everyone employed for the SO and while I don't agree with the way everyone does things,I will be the first one to help anyone on this side of the line. We all work for the citizens of Santa Rosa County. We should work together to provide the best service we can. Also, in these tough economical times we are facing, we should unify to protect what rights and protection we can. Again, thank you for the positive comments and let's work to make this the envy of every other department in Northwest Florida.

Adam Teichner

04-13-2009, 05:11 PM
That' s one of the reasons I have respect for AT. I wish him luck wherever they put him.

04-13-2009, 05:24 PM
I would bet the reason(s) were justified. Good luck AT.

04-14-2009, 02:46 AM
I don't understand why you all can't seem to get along. I'm not a deputy but I do know a lot of you. Seems you all like to back stab one another like back in high school. I don't understand why. What happened to you all saying after 9-11 how you all would watch each others backs and take care of one another. Back stabbing wasn't in any of your vocabularies. Look how many showed up for the one lost in Pensacola. Three miles long. If you all could stick together like that at all times what an awesome team you all would make. You all know how many officers we lost in 9-11 and you know anything could go down at anytime. You all need to know that the officer that's watching your back can be trusted to put your life in their hands and be there for you. It don't sound like that's the case. You all should treat and take care of one another as if it may be your last. North or South, it's ALL one if you let it be. Come on people life's to short to back stab this way. If you can't go to each other and say what you feel then it shouldn't be said at all. If one of you need's to be reprimanded then there's a reason. I'm sure his stats are to where any of you can see them if you ask. You all do a great thing every day just getting behind that wheel. I thank you all for being out there, I just wish there were more of you than what there is.
[ Be careful how you judge each other, you may be next.]

Thank you. Well said and it is a shame they are doing this to each other!

04-14-2009, 02:48 AM
First of all I would like to thank everyone on here for the positive comments. It is very needed at this point. The reason for my leaving the canine unit is one that is not clear to me. Also, it was not a decision that I had any involvement in. If you want my opinion and to hear what I've been told, feel free to contact me. My number is in the CAD. I don't want to create any negativity for anyone interested in becoming a handler. The deputies in canine have their own way of doing things. We all need to learn to work together. I agree that there is a division between north and south, but the question is why. I have worked with just about everyone employed for the SO and while I don't agree with the way everyone does things,I will be the first one to help anyone on this side of the line. We all work for the citizens of Santa Rosa County. We should work together to provide the best service we can. Also, in these tough economical times we are facing, we should unify to protect what rights and protection we can. Again, thank you for the positive comments and let's work to make this the envy of every other department in Northwest Florida.

Adam Teichner

Well said Adam. You're a great officer!