PDA

View Full Version : final 8

04-09-2009, 02:26 PM
In order by score,

Randle Dilling, Port Charlette
William Tokajer, Bradenton
William Davis, HCSO
Lee Spector, Ft. Lauderdale
Joe Hall, Panama City (TIE in 5th position)
Stanley Sunday, Defuniak Spings (Tie in 5th position)
Phillip Amibile, Tamarc
Michael Ross, Tallahassee

got the info from email sent today!

04-13-2009, 09:20 PM
Bill Davis from HCSO would be the best from those I know.

JoeFriday
04-14-2009, 02:33 AM
Bill Davis from HCSO would be the best from those I know.Why? same old, same old maybe it is time for something new and different. Change is inevitable, a fresh pair of eyes, maybe?

04-14-2009, 07:56 PM
yea we need a younger chief. someone with new ideas, not some newly retired old guy. who knows what long will do. sandvik was a selfish pension hog, we dont need that again !! and to resident, how many of these guys do you know?

04-15-2009, 12:43 AM
Bill Davis from HCSO removed himself from the list and has decided to stay with HCSO.

04-16-2009, 11:36 AM
davis dropped due to the pathetic money long is offering. 62,000? davis makes that in 6 months. look for more to drop as well.

04-18-2009, 03:12 AM
Word is that the selection process is drawing closer to being finished. I understand that the final few have been picked and will be interviewed during the next two weeks. Anyone else heard this rumor and is there any truth to it?

04-19-2009, 12:15 AM
Dilling, tokajer and Spector were interviewed last monday. The remaining four will be interviewed next monday or tuesday.

04-19-2009, 12:20 AM
Bartow please pick the BLESSED ONE from bradenton!!!!!!!!!!!!! :snicker:

04-19-2009, 01:17 PM
I agree I hope we get him.

04-19-2009, 03:57 PM
Guys you definitely dont want Amabile he is the worst of the worst please have someone do there homework and contact the Broward County Sheriffs Office where this guy was at, thats right I wont say worked because he didnt and he is terrible.

04-19-2009, 06:40 PM
Bartow please pick the BLESSED ONE from bradenton!!!!!!!!!!!!! :snicker:

Sounds like a little sarcasim from someone at Bradenton Police watning him to transfer to our BPD!

04-19-2009, 06:49 PM
I heard the guy from Bradenton is a cop's cop. The non-workers will bad mouth him. But all the candidates will have people who don't like them.

04-20-2009, 12:28 AM
We need the Deputy Chief from Panama City, he has the experience and education that Bartow needs!!

04-20-2009, 02:05 AM
The deputy chief from Panama, I know him. He has been active widely in the community and has always went out of his way to watch out for his guys. I don't know that he has the union experience as some and that MAY be a great thing. Ask your friends in the Florida FBINA and FPCA, everyone has heard of him and they LOVE him. If you are looking for humor, leadership, someone that is going to get their hands dirty right next to you....this is your guy.

04-20-2009, 02:54 AM
I second Joe Hall for Chief!!

04-20-2009, 12:19 PM
Never heard of him. Anyone have specifics on who is he, how he is as a boss, and so on? The only thing I found was their website and it doesnt give any information other than the basics. What community service? Education? Experience? Anything.

04-24-2009, 08:34 PM
I also checked his department's website and found much information on his bio page ... he sounds like a top pick to me! We could use some fresh blood like this!

http://www.panamacitypolice.com/dc_hall.html

04-27-2009, 01:11 PM
Very Unprofessional to pick someone and still go on with interviews. Does not say much for council and CM.

04-27-2009, 01:53 PM
We shouldn't blame Hall if he is their #1 candidate. He is probably as out of the loop as we are. :oops:

04-27-2009, 02:19 PM
I don't believe the city manager has made his decision for Chief, I mean he hasn't interviewed any candidate as of yet. Why would he gamble his integrity away? How can he be trusted in the future if he is not honest and fair with the hiring process? He will loose much respect if he compromises this process. Hope the best is chosen.

04-27-2009, 09:55 PM
If you think Long has made his decision all ready, youre crazy. From what I understand he hasn't spoken to any of the applicants. Any of the remaining 5 have a shot at it. Ofcourse it may take him 6 months to make a decision, but I think the decision is still up in the air.

04-27-2009, 09:57 PM
If i were the one chosing, I would chose amabile or hall, thats from the "google" results. other than that, i have nothing to add. I won't have to work any of them, but thats just my 2 cents worth. Good luck and god bless.

04-27-2009, 10:47 PM
First, I believe you mean you wont have to work "with" any of them. Second, that's the problem, there are those that keep giving input on a decision that doesn't impact them. If you don't work at BPD or have credible information to offer, why put you "two cents" in? I have Google each of the candidates and have found good and bad on just about each. I have been impressed with Hall, the link gave a bunch of information on him (thanks to whomever offer that). If anyone has credible information to offer, I say lets have it...otherwise, keep your "two cents" to yourself.

04-30-2009, 01:28 AM
Well, here we wait. Was there ever any doubt in anyone's mind that we were heading for yet another delay? I swear I believe Long does this just to mess with us, and I know for a fact that none of the remaining applicants have even been contacted to schedule appointments. So what, another 30 or 60 days? I can only assume that he "thinks" he is saving the city money by not having a full-time Chief on staff and contracting with the SO instead.

04-30-2009, 05:21 PM
Well, here we wait. Was there ever any doubt in anyone's mind that we were heading for yet another delay? I swear I believe Long does this just to mess with us, and I know for a fact that none of the remaining applicants have even been contacted to schedule appointments. So what, another 30 or 60 days? I can only assume that he "thinks" he is saving the city money by not having a full-time Chief on staff and contracting with the SO instead.

You are full of $hit, and you don't know your facts. The interviews are scheduled and have been for several days now! So quit being a troll!

04-30-2009, 10:00 PM

You are full of $hit, and you don't know your facts. The interviews are scheduled and have been for several days now! So quit being a troll!
Well why dont you quit being a coward and walk up to him to tell him what your two cents are. Maybe then you slap him in the chops to show how tough you are. Maybe then he spits in your mouth. Maybe then you square off to prove you have a SET. Maybe then he grabs you by your mop, drags you to your knees, and punches you square in the throat. THEN WHAT???!!!

05-01-2009, 02:18 AM
Have we learned nothing of the past year? We write about unity and needing to convey the right and positive image to an incoming Chief, and then we continue to have these useless and senseless postings. To those that post that garbage, did you stop for just one single moment and think that our new Chief might be reading this also? If I were them and read some of the trash that several of you are throwing out there, I would question my decision to have applied. I know many are posted from outside by individuals looking to "stir the pot", but many are coming from right here within our own people.

I'm glad to hear the interviews have been scheduled, I hadn't heard that yet. Maybe we can hold it together and keep from killing one another for just a little while longer. Any idea when they are planned for? If you must post, at least keep them positive and productive.

05-01-2009, 12:30 PM
Have we learned nothing of the past year? We write about unity and needing to convey the right and positive image to an incoming Chief, and then we continue to have these useless and senseless postings. To those that post that garbage, did you stop for just one single moment and think that our new Chief might be reading this also? If I were them and read some of the trash that several of you are throwing out there, I would question my decision to have applied. I know many are posted from outside by individuals looking to "stir the pot", but many are coming from right here within our own people.

I'm glad to hear the interviews have been scheduled, I hadn't heard that yet. Maybe we can hold it together and keep from killing one another for just a little while longer. Any idea when they are planned for? If you must post, at least keep them positive and productive.
Well said. Things are moving along and I am sure a good candidate will emerge from this process. Whoever is selected will have a tough job but I am certain we will all move in the right direction and make the police department one of the best. I am hopeful and will reserve judgement until I actually have a conversation with the new chief. I also will
judge him based on what I SEE HIM DO as opposed to listening to others. Any of the 5 remaining candidates have gone through a process so anyone of them has exceeded the requirements, now it comes down to who is the best fit for the city, the whole city, residents, city government and department . I am hopeful and look forward to repairing the things that are broken and having direction for the future. We have been through a lot of turmoil, like unneccasry input stated, let's hold it together a little longer.

05-01-2009, 01:40 PM
The reality is, none of us know whats going to happen and to participate in speculation is a fools game. Just doing our jobs the best we can, day to day as we have been doing, is the most important thing all of us can do. Leave the speculation and "pot stirring" to the outsiders. We need to continue to be a focused, cohesive group in order to properly welcome the new chief.

05-05-2009, 01:16 PM
I thought Bpd would have a chief by the 1st of May..???? WTF? How much longer do we have to wait?

05-05-2009, 09:46 PM
The City Manager is meeting with the final 5 individually on the 12th and 13th, who knows how long it will take him to make his final decision.

05-07-2009, 12:12 AM
Any side action going on the selection. Any front runners?

05-07-2009, 01:43 AM
Frontrunner? Its pretty safe to say that the CM is staying pretty close lipped unless you are on the inner circle (ah, Pudge). I hear he has hinted of a frontrunner but he is obligated to say nothing too openly until after next weeks interviews are done. Rumors around are that the Chief from Panama City is way out front. Not sure what the committee thought of him but his background looks good and he has the youth that the agency needs.

05-07-2009, 11:27 AM
Front runner? Its pretty safe to say that the CM is staying pretty close lipped unless you are on the inner circle (ah, Pudge). I hear he has hinted of a front runner but he is obligated to say nothing too openly until after next weeks interviews are done. Rumors around are that the Chief from Panama City is way out front. Not sure what the committee thought of him but his background looks good and he has the youth that the agency needs.
Just curious, how would someone be way out in front when they have had only an interview with the committee? The backgrounds of the 5 remaining is similar, all have college degrees and specialty schools, and I don't think any are "old", so I am curious as to how a front runner can be established. I would say after next weeks interviews a ranking would be possible, then the offer has to be made. The " front runner" may not accept the salary or other conditions for employment, then we go to plan B.

05-08-2009, 12:18 AM
Front runner? Its pretty safe to say that the CM is staying pretty close lipped unless you are on the inner circle (ah, Pudge). I hear he has hinted of a front runner but he is obligated to say nothing too openly until after next weeks interviews are done. Rumors around are that the Chief from Panama City is way out front. Not sure what the committee thought of him but his background looks good and he has the youth that the agency needs.
Just curious, how would someone be way out in front when they have had only an interview with the committee? The backgrounds of the 5 remaining is similar, all have college degrees and specialty schools, and I don't think any are "old", so I am curious as to how a front runner can be established. I would say after next weeks interviews a ranking would be possible, then the offer has to be made. The " front runner" may not accept the salary or other conditions for employment, then we go to plan B.

I don't think anyone is out front, and Im quite sure no one is "Way" out front. I think its people just talking and guessing, trying to start drama. I think all 5 will have an even shot at when they interview.

05-08-2009, 12:26 PM
I have no idea why you guys are getting so excited. Did you read the article in the Ledger yesterday? Mulberry's PD and FD are headed to the county due to budget shortfalls. Why do you think BPD is going to last? Why keep kidding yourselves. The CM is going to keep stalling on hirirng a new chief until the budget process begins again and when it is apparent that Bartow's money problems are only worse, his is going to drop the Sheriff bomb on the commisioners. There is no money. At least the Mulberry chief is being honest and had the balls to tell it like it is and stopped baiting his people along. Too bad Long won't do the same for you guys.

05-08-2009, 12:50 PM
I have no idea why you guys are getting so excited. Did you read the article in the Ledger yesterday? Mulberry's PD and FD are headed to the county due to budget shortfalls. Why do you think BPD is going to last? Why keep kidding yourselves. The CM is going to keep stalling on hirirng a new chief until the budget process begins again and when it is apparent that Bartow's money problems are only worse, his is going to drop the Sheriff bomb on the commisioners. There is no money. At least the Mulberry chief is being honest and had the balls to tell it like it is and stopped baiting his people along. Too bad Long won't do the same for you guys.

I think Bartow has made the turn and will continue to move forward. I don't see the CM or the commish revisit that plan anyime soon. Im thinking the new chief will be named and start before july. just my opinion could be wrong, been wrong before. but i think the merger ship has sailed. i hope im right.

05-08-2009, 04:18 PM
I know it dosent sound like it, but I hope I am wrong as well. The possibility still has to be part of any fiscally responsible equation and from what I understand, Long isnt beating down the door at the PD in an attempt to make it known that it is his stance that he and his staff will work to prevent it either. The economy is driving all of this anyway so, Good Luck you guys.

05-09-2009, 01:09 AM
ive
I know it dosent sound like it, but I hope I am wrong as well. The possibility still has to be part of any fiscally responsible equation and from what I understand, Long isnt beating down the door at the PD in an attempt to make it known that it is his stance that he and his staff will work to prevent it either. The economy is driving all of this anyway so, Good Luck you guys.

We appreciate your support. Regarding Long, he isn't beating the door down at any department. Long isnt good for much except getting a check, sitting in his office and monday morning quaterbacking. Hell it took him 8 months to hire an electric dept head., 8 months to hire a parks dept head and said in an open meeting he could have a chief hired in 90 to 120 days, That was almost 9 months ago. He still hasn't met his employees regardless of the departments. I think the entire city work force is tired of Long all ready.