PDA

View Full Version : Werder E-Mail

04-07-2009, 08:34 PM
Our PBA president received an e-mail from Col. Werder asking our members to consider postponing our raise in October in order to avoid layoffs. In his letter the colonel states that furloughs will be considered and between 43-98 deputies will be laid off. The laid off "patrol deputies" would be replaced with detectives and other specialized unit deputies to fill the positions.

Not once in his message did the colonel mention laying off administrators, commanders, directors, etc. I thought most of the contract cities were paying for the deputies that patrol their streets anyway. Please contact your PBA Board and voice your opinion before Thursday's meeting of the reps.

04-07-2009, 09:01 PM
So this fool threatens to lay of Deputies, but the Sheriff tells the County he is not considering that. How about cutting these things first; horses, what a waste of money. Take home cars for secretaries. The last time I counted we have 7 majors. Do we really need 7. Hell Pompano has to Admin Lts, who work behind a desk all day. Why have a LT doing that when a Sgt can do it. There is so much waste they can cut before threatening the employees.

04-07-2009, 09:03 PM
I think Sheriff Werder should consider what other agencies have done, cutting those who make a lot of money already, such as him, and who are way old enough to be retired, such as him and those who are double or triple dipping, such as him.... before laying off those who are busting their butt to make a living.

Another suggestion to Sheriff Werder would be to have Mr. Lamberti ease up on his traveling expenses.... just an idea :wink:

04-07-2009, 09:12 PM
So this fool threatens to lay of Deputies, but the Sheriff tells the County he is not considering that. How about cutting these things first; horses, what a waste of money. Take home cars for secretaries. The last time I counted we have 7 majors. Do we really need 7. Hell Pompano has to Admin Lts, who work behind a desk all day. Why have a LT doing that when a Sgt can do it. There is so much waste they can cut before threatening the employees.

I agree with you to cut mounted but some cities are contracted to have these horses, ie Southwest Ranches. I also agree with the take home cars, to be honest with you if jobs are in jeopardy then they should have pool cars instead of take home cars for DLE; NO take home cars for brass (they can wright of gas and mileage for emergencies when they do their taxes), civilian or DOD since it is not necessary. Other agencies throughout the country do this and saves millions of dollars a year on gas and maintenance.

To throw a deputy out in the street with really no chance of getting another job the way the jobless rate is versus taking away take home cars for civilians and dod, I think the options are obvious. Let's not forget that a deputy and their family has invested a lot in BSO, not just BSO investing a lot in a deputy.

04-07-2009, 09:22 PM
Do we really need a Chaplain that makes over $100,000 a year? especially when we end up having a guest Father, Rabi, Pastor, etc speak during our ceremonies... I think it's time to cut salaries on certain people and here is a good place to start, besides if BSO really needs a chaplain there are plenty of other "holy men" that will do the job for A LOT less than what the current chaplain is being paid.

04-07-2009, 09:26 PM
What about a buyout? $25,000 per year of service. Very similar to what many large corporations are doing.

04-07-2009, 09:48 PM
Do we really need a Chaplain that makes over $100,000 a year? especially when we end up having a guest Father, Rabi, Pastor, etc speak during our ceremonies... I think it's time to cut salaries on certain people and here is a good place to start, besides if BSO really needs a chaplain there are plenty of other "holy men" that will do the job for A LOT less than what the current chaplain is being paid.

I completely agree!! Why do we need a chaplain anyway? You need to talk to someone? Go find a church and talk to the pastor there. Use your insurance and go see a therapist. There's no need for a chaplain. Why should taxpayers be paying for religious consultation?

04-07-2009, 10:07 PM
Just like worthless Werder to do something like this.

04-07-2009, 11:06 PM
Let's see when the cutoff is for layoffs. My guess it will end at the date just before his son was hired. Kinda like the sergeant's test.

And I think they should layoff all the relatives of deputies already working here since they have a family member taking from the budget. Share the wealth!

04-08-2009, 12:09 AM
Let's see when the cutoff is for layoffs. My guess it will end at the date just before his son was hired. Kinda like the sergeant's test.

And I think they should layoff all the relatives of deputies already working here since they have a family member taking from the budget. Share the wealth!

Sounds like someone is jealous he can't cut it....just be glad you can keep Deputy....trust me, your not cut out to be a Sergeant anyways.

04-08-2009, 01:41 AM
Do we really need a Chaplain that makes over $100,000 a year? especially when we end up having a guest Father, Rabi, Pastor, etc speak during our ceremonies... I think it's time to cut salaries on certain people and here is a good place to start, besides if BSO really needs a chaplain there are plenty of other "holy men" that will do the job for A LOT less than what the current chaplain is being paid. Now you want to demean My Rep...and small person that you are....Rabbi has two b's...I was one...remember?? You want to slam the Chaplain...next time your in a Life or Death situation....call on Mohammad or Budda or your next door neighbor, or better yet...maybe your Chief or Ex....they are sure to answer your phone call 24/7...and be careful 'let us pray"..your treading on My territory...and in closing...IF I FOLLOWED YOU AROUND ALL DAY.....JUST WHAT WOULD I FIND YOU DOING???

04-08-2009, 02:07 AM
Let’s have a real conversation here. Stop the childish bickering. Note: that the budget hasn’t even been submitted yet. I believe this was their plan all along to get out of paying our contract. But let’s start with Corporals in non-training districts, extra Lt’s in many districts, being top heavy, Captains in charge of only 12 people. Command staff having more than one assigned car. Get off the take home car program, it has been proven that it’s cheaper in the long run than pool cars. We are already paying overtime on shifts, can we really afford to cut any more positions? Let’s get real people, we are going to need to stick together and demand that the PBA not cave-in to the administration. What say you!!!!!

04-08-2009, 02:39 AM
I'm sorry I voted for Lamberti now, Isreal would have been the better choice. Someone with a back bone. With that said you don't see the Palm Beach Sheriff's Office doing this, and they make more. Again someone with a back bone!!!! Mismanagement at it's finest should replace pride in service with integrity.

Let's see what we can cut:

(1) Colonel (over $150,000)
(3) Lt Colonel's (over $130,000)
(7) Majors (over $120,000)
(1) Executive Lt to the sheriff
(3) Administrative Sergeants
(?) Captains
(1) Chaplain ($100,000)
(2) Secretarys Chaplains Office ($50,000)
Take Home cars for Civilians
Mounted Units, if District have it in their budgets then they pay full / realistic cost
SRO's (School Board Police in Palm Beach, let them pay for it)
SID, RAC, Countywide Operations
Training (Major, Captain, Lt's, Sgt's, Deputies, Civilians) Not required by FDLE, can hire outside for fraction of cost
(5)PIO's, the districts can or one of the (6) Lt's that are in timeout can be the Information Officers
Civilians (Human Resources, Employee Benefits) they don't care about anyone and treat you like crap

I'm sure there is more I don't even know about; but lets get an auditor in and see what the real cost aren and who's paying for what in the city contracts!

Any manager should know if you contract for a service, you should be paid to at least cover your expenses. You don't give things for nothing. The city contract were so low, they can't expect to recoup all of the cost. If the sheriff is collecting for every penny spent by the contract cities, then it's not county money and they can't touch it.

04-08-2009, 03:03 AM
The letter is a scare tatic. It's working good you guys.

04-08-2009, 03:07 AM
[quote="Let us pray..":1obmd7r2]Do we really need a Chaplain that makes over $100,000 a year? especially when we end up having a guest Father, Rabi, Pastor, etc speak during our ceremonies... I think it's time to cut salaries on certain people and here is a good place to start, besides if BSO really needs a chaplain there are plenty of other "holy men" that will do the job for A LOT less than what the current chaplain is being paid. Now you want to demean My Rep...and small person that you are....Rabbi has two b's...I was one...remember?? You want to slam the Chaplain...next time your in a Life or Death situation....call on Mohammad or Budda or your next door neighbor, or better yet...maybe your Chief or Ex....they are sure to answer your phone call 24/7...and be careful 'let us pray"..your treading on My territory...and in closing...IF I FOLLOWED YOU AROUND ALL DAY.....JUST WHAT WOULD I FIND YOU DOING???[/quote:1obmd7r2]

"and be careful 'let us pray"..your treading on My territory"

That's a very godly statement. :roll: Would you rather us lie and tell you you're needed?

04-08-2009, 03:14 AM
[quote="Let us pray..":9do2t6jq]Do we really need a Chaplain that makes over $100,000 a year? especially when we end up having a guest Father, Rabi, Pastor, etc speak during our ceremonies... I think it's time to cut salaries on certain people and here is a good place to start, besides if BSO really needs a chaplain there are plenty of other "holy men" that will do the job for A LOT less than what the current chaplain is being paid. Now you want to demean My Rep...and small person that you are....Rabbi has two b's...I was one...remember?? You want to slam the Chaplain...next time your in a Life or Death situation....call on Mohammad or Budda or your next door neighbor, or better yet...maybe your Chief or Ex....they are sure to answer your phone call 24/7...and be careful 'let us pray"..your treading on My territory...and in closing...IF I FOLLOWED YOU AROUND ALL DAY.....JUST WHAT WOULD I FIND YOU DOING???[/quote:9do2t6jq]

Did you just call someone out for a misspelling? Shame on you.

Buddha has an H
You are is you're not your

If your god answers why wouldn't Mohammad or Buddha? It's very disturbing that you care so little for others' beliefs. Should you really be a chaplain when you have blinders that large?

04-08-2009, 01:49 PM
[quote="Alpha&Omega":2ci2kpa8][quote="Let us pray..":2ci2kpa8]Do we really need a Chaplain that makes over $100,000 a year? especially when we end up having a guest Father, Rabi, Pastor, etc speak during our ceremonies... I think it's time to cut salaries on certain people and here is a good place to start, besides if BSO really needs a chaplain there are plenty of other "holy men" that will do the job for A LOT less than what the current chaplain is being paid. Now you want to demean My Rep...and small person that you are....Rabbi has two b's...I was one...remember?? You want to slam the Chaplain...next time your in a Life or Death situation....call on Mohammad or Budda or your next door neighbor, or better yet...maybe your Chief or Ex....they are sure to answer your phone call 24/7...and be careful 'let us pray"..your treading on My territory...and in closing...IF I FOLLOWED YOU AROUND ALL DAY.....JUST WHAT WOULD I FIND YOU DOING???[/quote:2ci2kpa8][/quote:2ci2kpa8] Our God is capital D..what's in your wallet? :roll: :roll: :roll: You know Grammar Rammer...you couldn't even write proper reports yourself let alone correct your deps before they hit the Exec Lt. The spelling is not the character of the sentence...the content is...like what's in a person's heart....and just curious.....how many "holy men" do you know??

04-08-2009, 01:54 PM
The letter is a scare tatic. It's working good you guys. TACTIC...what's a "tatic"//// :shock: Wait until the smoke clears. :cop:

04-08-2009, 07:06 PM
Every Deputy, DLE, DOD and Fire Rescue must fight this. How dare they try and welch on their deal and threaten furlows or lay-offs. This must be fought with a united front from all three major players who's safety is at stake in the countys public safety corps. PBA, FOPE and IAFF must unite and fight and show solidarity. Never accept failure to pay a contracted pay raise, never accept their idea of lay-offs. We are a top heavy agency like the AIG of Public Safety. Get rid of the do nothing majors, Batallion chiefs and others making 130K plus. I'm sure they can save a bundle there. How about PB&J for the prisoners it is ecnomic hard times so the prisoners must sacrafice too.

Say no to not paying on the contract and no to lay-offs!!!!!!

04-08-2009, 08:37 PM
Every Deputy, DLE, DOD and Fire Rescue must fight this. How dare they try and welch on their deal and threaten furlows or lay-offs. This must be fought with a united front from all three major players who's safety is at stake in the countys public safety corps. PBA, FOPE and IAFF must unite and fight and show solidarity. Never accept failure to pay a contracted pay raise, never accept their idea of lay-offs. We are a top heavy agency like the AIG of Public Safety. Get rid of the do nothing majors, Batallion chiefs and others making 130K plus. I'm sure they can save a bundle there. How about PB&J for the prisoners it is ecnomic hard times so the prisoners must sacrafice too.

Say no to not paying on the contract and no to lay-offs!!!!!!

I agree with you but where were you guys when DOD was demonstrating in front of the PSB? You had gotten your raise (or so you thought) Most DLE guys could care less about DOD and infact alot of DLE Deps where saying stuff to the effect that we don't deserve a raise and we were lucky to have jobs (just look at the old post on this very site) Now that the Sheriff is about to give you guys the shaft you want to fight and unit. Well guess what even though you didn't support me and my fellow DOD Deps I support you guys, why? Because its the right thing to do, cops are suppose to stick together and have each others back. The bad news is you guys backed and helped elect the wrong candidate for Sheriff the good news is this might be the very thing needed to finally unite this agency. Lets stop the bickering and fighting and lets take care of each other and unite...we support you!

04-08-2009, 09:10 PM
I'm sorry I voted for Lamberti now, Isreal would have been the better choice. Someone with a back bone. With that said you don't see the Palm Beach Sheriff's Office doing this, and they make more. Again someone with a back bone!!!! Mismanagement at it's finest should replace pride in service with integrity.

(?) Captains
(1) Chaplain ($100,000)
Mounted Units, if District have it in their budgets then they pay full / realistic cost
Training (Major, Captain, Lt's, Sgt's, Deputies, Civilians) Not required by FDLE, can hire outside for fraction of cost
(5)PIO's, the districts can or one of the (6) Lt's that are in timeout can be the Information Officers
Civilians (Human Resources, Employee Benefits) they don't care about anyone and treat you like crap

I'm sure there is more I don't even know about; but lets get an auditor in and see what the real cost aren and who's paying for what in the city contracts!

Any manager should know if you contract for a service, you should be paid to at least cover your expenses. You don't give things for nothing. The city contract were so low, they can't expect to recoup all of the cost. If the sheriff is collecting for every penny spent by the contract cities, then it's not county money and they can't touch it.

This needs to be repeated again and again.

04-09-2009, 12:58 AM
OK....

04-09-2009, 12:59 AM
OK....

again?

04-09-2009, 12:59 AM
OK....

again?

Enough?

04-09-2009, 01:05 AM
[quote="Grammar Rammer":34m1jrqe][quote="Alpha&Omega":34m1jrqe][quote="Let us pray..":34m1jrqe]Do we really need a Chaplain that makes over $100,000 a year? especially when we end up having a guest Father, Rabi, Pastor, etc speak during our ceremonies... I think it's time to cut salaries on certain people and here is a good place to start, besides if BSO really needs a chaplain there are plenty of other "holy men" that will do the job for A LOT less than what the current chaplain is being paid. Now you want to demean My Rep...and small person that you are....Rabbi has two b's...I was one...remember?? You want to slam the Chaplain...next time your in a Life or Death situation....call on Mohammad or Budda or your next door neighbor, or better yet...maybe your Chief or Ex....they are sure to answer your phone call 24/7...and be careful 'let us pray"..your treading on My territory...and in closing...IF I FOLLOWED YOU AROUND ALL DAY.....JUST WHAT WOULD I FIND YOU DOING???[/quote:34m1jrqe][/quote:34m1jrqe] Our God is capital D..what's in your wallet? :roll: :roll: :roll: You know Grammar Rammer...you couldn't even write proper reports yourself let alone correct your deps before they hit the Exec Lt. The spelling is not the character of the sentence...the content is...like what's in a person's heart....and just curious.....how many "holy men" do you know??[/quote:34m1jrqe]

Your god is a capital D? I bet she is. If the spelling isn't the character of the sentence why did you feel it necessary to correct a misspelling in someone else's post. If you're going to dish it out you should be able to eat it. Never call someone else out on a mistake without first checking your own post for mistakes.
What's with all............. of.............the..........multiple.........perio ds..........................in your............posts?

04-09-2009, 02:17 AM
Looks like Pat H. will be pushing a green and white 12 hours a day. lol

04-09-2009, 01:31 PM
Do we really need a Chaplain that makes over $100,000 a year? especially when we end up having a guest Father, Rabi, Pastor, etc speak during our ceremonies... I think it's time to cut salaries on certain people and here is a good place to start, besides if BSO really needs a chaplain there are plenty of other "holy men" that will do the job for A LOT less than what the current chaplain is being paid.[/quote:2j8fp30k] Now you want to demean My Rep...and small person that you are....Rabbi has two b's...I was one...remember?? You want to slam the Chaplain...next time your in a Life or Death situation....call on Mohammad or Budda or your next door neighbor, or better yet...maybe your Chief or Ex....they are sure to answer your phone call 24/7...and be careful 'let us pray"..your treading on My territory...and in closing...IF I FOLLOWED YOU AROUND ALL DAY.....JUST WHAT WOULD I FIND YOU DOING???

.......to GOD......or the poster who thinks he is God........are you threatening the poster????????you should not be making threats.........when you are looking at being sent back to prison.........for molesting a child........mr team lamberti..........if you start folllowing someone........that someone has enough grounds to get a restraining order against you........and then Calvary chapel will be off limits again to you........as it was when you were on house arrest..........so becareful when you threaten someone..........your public defender should have told you that.....threatening a possible witness against you in the child molesting case.......and we all love the.......and........and sometimes the??????!!!!!!.......

04-09-2009, 02:36 PM
[quote="Let us pray..":3vp1avhy]Do we really need a Chaplain that makes over $100,000 a year? especially when we end up having a guest Father, Rabi, Pastor, etc speak during our ceremonies... I think it's time to cut salaries on certain people and here is a good place to start, besides if BSO really needs a chaplain there are plenty of other "holy men" that will do the job for A LOT less than what the current chaplain is being paid.[/quote:3vp1avhy] Now you want to demean My Rep...and small person that you are....Rabbi has two b's...I was one...remember?? You want to slam the Chaplain...next time your in a Life or Death situation....call on Mohammad or Budda or your next door neighbor, or better yet...maybe your Chief or Ex....they are sure to answer your phone call 24/7...and be careful 'let us pray"..your treading on My territory...and in closing...IF I FOLLOWED YOU AROUND ALL DAY.....JUST WHAT WOULD I FIND YOU DOING???

.......to GOD......or the poster who thinks he is God........are you threatening the poster????????you should not be making threats.........when you are looking at being sent back to prison.........for molesting a child........mr team lamberti..........if you start folllowing someone........that someone has enough grounds to get a restraining order against you........and then Calvary chapel will be off limits again to you........as it was when you were on house arrest..........so becareful when you threaten someone..........your public defender should have told you that.....threatening a possible witness against you in the child molesting case.......and we all love the.......and........and sometimes the??????!!!!!!.......[/quote:3vp1avhy] A little water poured on her head, at it's, "help me I'm melting". :devil: :devil: :devil: ISRAEL LOST JERK, get over it .

04-09-2009, 03:09 PM
What does the above comment have to do with Israel losing? That's old news, stop living in the past and live for the future... but then again your past and future are the same- prison! :lol:

04-09-2009, 03:56 PM
Privatize the jail problem solved.

04-09-2009, 04:32 PM
Please speak for yourselves DLE....WE LOVE OUR SHERIFF AND SUPPORT HIM 100%

04-09-2009, 05:39 PM
Please speak for yourselves DLE....WE LOVE OUR SHERIFF AND SUPPORT HIM 100%

Well thank you majors.

04-09-2009, 09:11 PM
This is Al's way of trying to get us to buy in and support him. Al had **** tell us today that this probably won't happen.The next meeting will be that it is happening and we need to support Al and show a unified front for the County Commission. This is the oldest trick in the book and we need to say sorry Al you signed a contract.

04-09-2009, 09:17 PM
Why is "****" at this meeting today? Why is Al communicating with "****"? Didn't "****" retire? "****" has no business speaking at a union rep. meeting and communicating with the Sheriff. Where is PH, our current PBA president? WTF is this? This is so typical of the PBA if this is true.

04-10-2009, 02:24 AM
First, where has the Sheriff been the last year and what does he actually do? Never see the guy....
Where did he find these managers, Weirder, Wheeler, and the Master of B.S. Benjamin...by the way who doesn't have anything more than a G.E.D.-Call training because his total lack of education is documented in his personnel file.
The Sheriff keeps hiring civilian activist/political friends giving them salaries and take home cars?
And lets not forget, he gave us the 15% in our contract to win our support to get elected and don't think for one minute he didn't know a year ago that he didn't have the money.
More disturbing is the scar tactics on the 23rd hour to take jobs from civilian and patrol levels meanwhile how many extra commanders and the majors/captains who are doing very little like Schnakenberg, Llerena, Robshaw, Gijate, Gillet, Cowart and the list goes on and on. Lets not forget the old friends who are now double dipping or are now consultants
That Weirder memo needs to apply to themselves first and not the minimum salary people of our agency to reduce the agencies budget issues.
Shame on you Sheriff Lamberti and clean up your administration first if you want people to believe in anything you have to say. We're not falling for this and grow some by taking charge in your over paid administration...........

04-10-2009, 03:48 AM
Privatize the jail problem solved.

No a lot of money in the jails! I think a lay off of about 5% of you losers is about right. I saw three of you at dunkin donuts yesterday. I'm betting all three of you should have been working and the junior two have to go. Give the money back losers!

04-10-2009, 08:33 PM
Real nice 411 email.. You come to DLE and ask us to differ our raise, but you brag in a 411 email how we just finsished building our fourth fire station. No money huh?? You threaten to lay us off, but then you tell us the fire station was built to prevent overcrowding.. Your a joke!! Leave DLE alone you agreed to the contract, cut the fat somewhere else

04-10-2009, 09:47 PM

(?) Captains
(1) Chaplain ($100,000)

Guys lets not forget they have recently added roving Commander DR, Captain OL and a Major KT to manage the night shift. Why not have the District Chiefs or Captains change their hours and work a rotation to cover those positions. Trim the fat from the top!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :evil:

04-10-2009, 09:53 PM
It is such a shame we did not ask for more in the original contract. We should have asked for more upfront. Now it seems the Sheriff is just going against his word (the first lie perhaps?). Up to this point, I really respected our boss. Now I am beginning to think our support of him was a mistake. The real question now is if it is really him that is screwing us over, or the incompetence of the people he hired that reflects poorly on him. So much for high morale.... I feel like we just lost a friend.

04-10-2009, 09:54 PM
I have recently heard they (BSO) has hired a retired FLPD Homicide Detective that is coming directly into RID. Any truth to that? What pay scale are they bringing him in on? Perfect example of a person who already getting a pension and taking our in house jobs away.

04-11-2009, 12:17 AM
It's probably the FLPD insider who was feeding Al all the crapola on SI. You know you gotta pay those folks back! Welcome to BSO! You'll be here less than 4 years.

04-11-2009, 01:44 AM
Besides trimming the fluff from the middle and top, they also need to get rid of fire rescue as the fire rescue function has nothing to do with the core mission or constitutional duty of the office of Sheriff. Dump the fire rescue and let the county commission trim their budget once they are not part of the bso, although they will not do so once they can control that patronage organization again. Cut out all the non-law enforcement or corrections functions that are contracted (at a loss) and get the budget under control. Give Charlie Crist back the cpis (where will DW go?), let FHP patrol the highways, let the School Board police the schools, contract out process service, charge cities what it costs to provide the services and the budget will balance.

04-11-2009, 04:07 AM
Whenever you walk into a DOD facility and see the picture wall with the Sheriff and others, a rough estimate would be close to 2 million in salaries. Why does DOCC have to have 2 assistant directors when Colonel W is technically over DOD and DOCC. So including Colonel W, you have a Director (the female) and 2 assistants. And This doesnt include the DOD side with the Lt. Colonel.
Does DOD support services really need to have a Major overseeing it?
Does the sheriff really need an executive officer to him? Faciility DOD executive officers are lieutenants, why is a major needed as DOD executive officer? Does the training division really need a major? Why does the FTD Sergeant have a take home car?
Big Al inherited a nightmare. The county commissioners are going to continue the cut-throat antics just because he is a republican. And yes a 12% budget reduction was also asked for the property appraiser and elections office, but 12% of our budget will put a bigger hurting due to the sheriffs office large budget. A 12% reduction in public safety will not bring a 12% reduction in crime.
DLE was promised 15% they should get it, eventhough alot of DLE guys didn't support DOD guys when they were fighting for their contract. But what's right is right. The public would be in an uproar if they knew the amount the agency spends for these useless positions. I mean come on, a support services Major who was taking pictures of deputies feeding cats..............................

04-11-2009, 04:35 AM
............And another thing! Contact FRS (florida retirement system) and try to coordinate a buy out for Deputies close to retirement. For example a Deputy that has 22 or 23 years of service, offer them credit for 25 years and let them get off the Sheriffs payroll. FRS just sent out these mailers saying how economically strong they are.

04-11-2009, 12:50 PM
It is such a shame we did not ask for more in the original contract. We should have asked for more upfront. Now it seems the Sheriff is just going against his word (the first lie perhaps?). Up to this point, I really respected our boss. Now I am beginning to think our support of him was a mistake. The real question now is if it is really him that is screwing us over, or the incompetence of the people he hired that reflects poorly on him. So much for high morale.... I feel like we just lost a friend.

Not his first of lies. He still has not made changes except fire someone who openly supported Israel. The bumper stickers and green shirts are not considered change. The training changes was done by the training staff not by the sheriff. He made a lot of promises in his campaign and here we are, 6 months later with nothing but threats of losing jobs. He hasn't been a cop in 20 years, he has been brass and he protects his brass. He won't skim the top because they are his buddies and he has to look them in the eye everyday, but some no one deputy working the streets of Lauderdale Lakes he can fire no problem because he doesn't have to look him in the eye.

He is a politician, has been for years and he acts like a politician, he has been for years. He said what he needed to say to get elected--- remember deputies will "steal the bus bench" blah, blah, blah

04-11-2009, 06:35 PM
Whenever you walk into a DOD facility and see the picture wall with the Sheriff and others, a rough estimate would be close to 2 million in salaries. Why does DOCC have to have 2 assistant directors when Colonel W is technically over DOD and DOCC. So including Colonel W, you have a Director (the female) and 2 assistants. And This doesnt include the DOD side with the Lt. Colonel.
Does DOD support services really need to have a Major overseeing it?
Does the sheriff really need an executive officer to him? Faciility DOD executive officers are lieutenants, why is a major needed as DOD executive officer? Does the training division really need a major? Why does the FTD Sergeant have a take home car?
Big Al inherited a nightmare. The county commissioners are going to continue the cut-throat antics just because he is a republican. And yes a 12% budget reduction was also asked for the property appraiser and elections office, but 12% of our budget will put a bigger hurting due to the sheriffs office large budget. A 12% reduction in public safety will not bring a 12% reduction in crime.
DLE was promised 15% they should get it, eventhough alot of DLE guys didn't support DOD guys when they were fighting for their contract. But what's right is right. The public would be in an uproar if they knew the amount the agency spends for these useless positions. I mean come on, a support services Major who was taking pictures of deputies feeding cats..............................

You forget the support services major C retired and came back with a 16000 number at his old salary and collected his pension. Seems to me a deputy could take pictures of cats for a lot less money! watching county commission?

04-12-2009, 12:37 AM

Not his first of lies. He still has not made changes except fire someone who openly supported Israel. The bumper stickers and green shirts are not considered change. The training changes was done by the training staff not by the sheriff. He made a lot of promises in his campaign and here we are, 6 months later with nothing but threats of losing jobs. He hasn't been a cop in 20 years, he has been brass and he protects his brass. He won't skim the top because they are his buddies and he has to look them in the eye everyday, but some no one deputy working the streets of Lauderdale Lakes he can fire no problem because he doesn't have to look him in the eye.

He is a politician, has been for years and he acts like a politician, he has been for years. He said what he needed to say to get elected--- remember deputies will "steal the bus bench" blah, blah, blah

Well said, I hate to say it but maybe we should have supported the DOD guys in their fight for a raise instead of bashing them like we did. Maybe we should have supported the other guy running for sheriff who seems to have had more integrity. Maybe we should have stood up for and supported those few Deps that have been suspended for supporting Israel. Divide and conquer is the oldest trick in the book and it seems we have been a victim of it by this administration.

04-12-2009, 01:10 AM
Well said, I hate to say it but maybe we should have supported the DOD guys in their fight for a raise instead of bashing them like we did. Maybe we should have supported the other guy running for sheriff who seems to have had more integrity. Maybe we should have stood up for and supported those few Deps that have been suspended for supporting Israel. Divide and conquer is the oldest trick in the book and it seems we have been a victim of it by this administration.

You had me until that part then I assumed the whole post must of been a joke.

The jury is still out on Lamberti's reign. The Dem's would have won had they nominated anyone else.

04-12-2009, 06:43 AM
I wonder if the county comission has any idea what BSO spends money on. I like the Chaplain very much, but not for 100k a year. a 100k can put 2 deputies on the street or in the jail and including the cost of the academy and the whole FTD phases. Not only support services Major C taking pictures of deputies feeding cats, but the paperwork that is generated for no apparent reason. This day and age with computers, everything can be done online and printed if needed. For example a use of force report. This can all be done online and electronically forwarded. We can electronically sign the use of force. Heck the IRS allows us to electronically sign our tax return, BSO shouldnt be any different. In the Jails when we do a JOR, its generated online and then we print it out. If the sheriff is truly concerned about saving jobs and fulfilling his obligation to the taxpayers, perhaps he needs to ask the front line workers (deputies) what can be cut and why. People sitting behind a desk have no idea what is needed for everyday duties as a deputy.

04-12-2009, 10:07 AM
I know the Chaplain but he is not a personal friend. I can tell you that he does a lot more than visit the sick and speak at functions. The Chaplain's office handles a great deal of visitation requests from multiple faith based organizations. There are many, many prisoner demands for religious exceptions to rules and the Chaplains office is the first, and in most cases the last, to review and approve/disapprove those demands. There are multiple lawsuits every year in this country that initiate from jails/prisons and even though only a few succeed in court, they end up being very costly judgments against the departments held responsible for violating a prisoners rights. I personally believe the Chaplain and his two secretaries do a good job and most likely save the agency far, far more money in lawsuit prevention than their salaries and benefits combined, times 10!

As far as budget cuts go, how about taking the total BSO/DLE budget and deducting all the contract city payments received. Then I'm sure that simply eliminating the current vacant positions there would be the required percentage cuts. By the way, how many deputies are in the police academy right now? The PBA better keep everyone posted on exactly what is being asked of the Administration as far as the numbers go... this is the first real test of PH and the new and improved PBA. Don't screw it up guys.

04-12-2009, 11:53 AM
Another good reason to get rid of the corrections burden. Look how much support is necessary to continue to coddle the prisoners.

04-12-2009, 01:57 PM
Correct me if Im wrong but I believe that the Chaplain actually makes $140,000 a year. Can anyone confirm?

04-12-2009, 02:51 PM
Correct me if Im wrong but I believe that the Chaplain actually makes $140,000 a year. Can anyone confirm?

All i can say is WOW if you are right. I would like to know what are neighboring counties paying for their Chaplains. I am sure PBSO and Miami Dade does not pay that much. I have a great IDEA. Sell some of those expensive toys at the service center. Do we really need all those gas tankers, mobile command centers, etc. Do we really??? How many crisis do we have each year that we really need that stuff? Seriously??? If we are really in dire straights and the walls are falling indo we need 10 mobile command post and three gas tankers? How about the air boats and the mounted unit??? Southwest ranches is paying full boat for the horses and its deputies??? Do we need all the heavy brass sitting up their?? All those generals and admirals who have been hired in the past for political favors. Just wandering around aimlessly at the PSB?? Here is a term you may not know about, restructuring and downsizing. "Consolidation". Jee, all that out of town schooling and the brass can't figure it out or is it they do but prefer going after the front line troops.

04-12-2009, 03:03 PM
you keyboard coward scumbags.....the chaplin has been around alot longer that you cowards. his salary is a drop in the bucket compared to others who do squat. This man has been there for many of families when they had no one to turn to. As i laided on my death bed for a week in the hospital, he was there every fregin day, making sure my family was taken care of and when i didnt want to go on, he left the church aside and used some choice words to get my head straight. god forbid you or one of your family members suffer a tradegy, let the janitor calm your fears. remember, he is a man first, then a chaplin. He also has a family to tkae care of, go after the birm people who make over 100k a year. Chaplin, god forbid you read thid crap, but remember, you have alot of friends, and i for one appreciate you.

04-12-2009, 06:41 PM
well the above post is right, the Chaplain has been here a long time. Being a man of the cloth, he can still pray and be by our side without getting paid so much money. We have to look at it this way, pay the chaplain his 140k and lay off 3 deputies or have the chaplain retire and allow young deputies to survive? The same goes for all the other employees that have been around for 20 plus years making a killing while the younger ones die (literally)

The Chaplain may have been next to you during your need of help but I can assure you he is not a favorite among a lot of employees. Like Lamberti he has made promises to families during their most difficult times of their lives and he never followed thru with those promises. I believe it was a group of Weston deputies who pooled money together to get a fallen deputies wife a new mattress after her husband, our deputy, passed away in it... The chaplain promised her he would take care of it and she slept on a couch for over a month before word got back to district 8. Or how about promising a fallen officers family that "things are taken care of" and never speaking to them again? and the list goes on and on. Time for him to retire.

I also agree with the BIRM comment, again everyone needs to make sacrifices especially when some deputies are looking at losing their jobs. Also with the comment about all the toys we have. Keep the bare minimum in case of a hurricane or a terrorist attack but get rid of the rest of the nonsense. We know it was purchased during Jenne's time but we can at least try to sell some of it to get some income.

The legal team might also want to start responding to the lawsuits by employees. BSO is known to purposing drag out lawsuits to try to get the person to back off, however many times they end up losing at the end and then BSO's insurance has to pay the plantiff and legal fees. Just 3 years of legal fees and back pay can get pretty expensive and some cases are dragged out even longer.

04-12-2009, 06:55 PM
you keyboard coward scumbags.....the chaplin has been around alot longer that you cowards. his salary is a drop in the bucket compared to others who do squat. This man has been there for many of families when they had no one to turn to. As i laided on my death bed for a week in the hospital, he was there every fregin day, making sure my family was taken care of and when i didnt want to go on, he left the church aside and used some choice words to get my head straight. god forbid you or one of your family members suffer a tradegy, let the janitor calm your fears. remember, he is a man first, then a chaplin. He also has a family to tkae care of, go after the birm people who make over 100k a year. Chaplin, god forbid you read thid crap, but remember, you have alot of friends, and i for one appreciate you.

What does faith and religion have to do with salaries. Coral Springs PD "Man of the cloth" is a volunteer. Are you saying if we pay someone 140,000 dollars a year we will get "ol mighty" to listen to our prayers better? I thought people from the clergy do it for spiritual beliefs and conviction rather than money.

04-12-2009, 08:05 PM

Spell check anyone?

04-12-2009, 08:18 PM
The letter is a scare tatic. It's working good you guys.

Media Terrisom, just like Rush Limbaugh and the those other moron promoting media terrisom. It really goes the show how small your brains are and how people will basicly fall for anyting. :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil: :evil:

04-12-2009, 09:40 PM
A typical with Government Bureaucracy they grow easily but are hard to shrink. The Chaplin has been around a long time. What Sheriff wants to get rid of him? If the Sheriff''s office was a private business they would be getting a government bailout or filing bankruptcy. Heads should roll. But not the guys doing the grunt work. How about the dead wood in the upper chain? I'll believe werders scare tactics when academies stop for a year.

04-13-2009, 12:09 AM
Anyone who is eligible to retire and is sitting on a huge salary should retire and come back for base deputy pay. Let them collect their pension and the base deputy pay + benefits. If they really love what they do, they'll do it for the love and not for the money. In tough economic times, this would be the right thing to do & it would save a ton of cash.

04-13-2009, 12:47 AM
For those of us who have not had the pleasure to view this Maj/Col email will someone post it here. And I don't meansmall verses either, I'm talking every mispelled word, misplaced punctuation. People I'm talking the whole enchilada.

And leave the Cat protecting double dipping Major alone. Since Bob Barker retired who else is going to get the message out to the public about spaying or neutering their pets. :devil:
And leave the Command XO Major alone.

04-13-2009, 04:29 AM
How nice the news finds out about our business before we do. Great job AL to bad this didn't happen in Nov. Pride Service and Integerity Just put the initals BS on our cars its more fitting

04-13-2009, 11:27 AM
How nice the news finds out about our business before we do. Great job AL to bad this didn't happen in Nov. Pride Service and Integerity Just put the initals BS on our cars its more fitting

The news was last to know. If you only read your emails once a month..then that's your problem.

04-13-2009, 02:48 PM
get rid of kool-aid at 500 pounds and hire 2 1/2 deputies at rookie rate,
demote Lt g.w. ( mr all his career on last chance program )
demote capt F of central intake, another goof ball.
just like radio shack, you have questions, we have the answers.

04-13-2009, 07:23 PM
We shall see if the sheriff is going to lay off road deputies. I can hear it now at re-election time: "If I was sheriff, there would've been no layoffs" (fill in candidate name). If Sheriff Lamberti lays anybody off, it will be the death of him. What's he going to do? Blame the County Commission who gave him 700 million? Global warming? His dog ate his budget? Jenne again? George Bush?

04-13-2009, 09:42 PM
Question for anyone with the answer. Is this e-mail from Werder with the listed suggestions to lower the budget coming from Lamberti or the county commission?

I think this is a scare tactic. No way he lays off 40-90 deputies.

Somebody mentioned an early retirement for those deputies already topped out. Most, if not all, municipalities are 20 yrs and out. Maybe those deputies who are topped out can be given a choice whether to retire early. I'm sure you would get a good amount.

04-14-2009, 02:30 PM
Question for anyone with the answer. Is this e-mail from Werder with the listed suggestions to lower the budget coming from Lamberti or the county commission?

I think this is a scare tactic. No way he lays off 40-90 deputies.

Somebody mentioned an early retirement for those deputies already topped out. Most, if not all, municipalities are 20 yrs and out. Maybe those deputies who are topped out can be given a choice whether to retire early. I'm sure you would get a good amount.

The email was generated under the authority of Lamberti. He has Werder doing his dirty work. Probably because he has no spine, or maybe because he is never at work doing his job or maybe he realized that he lied about most things during his campaign and is afraid to face anyone......

04-14-2009, 02:40 PM
I'm just glad you have something to whine about, otherwise your lives would be more miserable.

I agree there are changes and heads that we would like to role for our own personal BSO change list. Ours is not Al's and probably much more personal. You should be happy he doesn't spank everyone in need of a spanking - you might get one too.

He doesn't want layoffs just as no one does but has to be prepared in case it comes to that. This kind of talk goes back to my least favorite shreiff - Ron Cochran - so don't sweat it and have some cheese with your whine.....

04-14-2009, 03:20 PM
They just laid off (or fired) a group of new jailers that were scheduled to start the jailer academy next month. Wooossshhhh!!!!!!!!!!

04-14-2009, 04:46 PM
They just laid off (or fired) a group of new jailers that were scheduled to start the jailer academy next month. Wooossshhhh!!!!!!!!!!
How can you lay off or fire some one who is not yet employed?

04-14-2009, 07:40 PM
How can you lay off or fire some one who is not yet employed?

Where?

04-14-2009, 10:38 PM
Resistance is futile...........Prepare to be dismantled.

04-14-2009, 11:03 PM
Don't be afraid.

04-15-2009, 10:14 AM
Its nice to see that BSO is the only Police agency in South Florida threatening to lay off employees. Great leadership.It would be nice if the Admin would cut all the fat from the budget first, before trying scare tatics. We are so top heavy in this agency. We waste money on things we do not need. Example horses, SUVS for code enforcement, Ex Lts that sit in offices all day, and I can go on and on. We even have a Captian going around telling his Sgts in P.B. to get the troops to except not taking our raise. Well I have a response to that. SHOVE IT. Cut your salary first. Cut all the extra junk we do not need. Then we can consider it. Lead by example for once.

04-15-2009, 10:49 AM

(?) Captains
(1) Chaplain ($100,000)

Also forgot the Office of Homeland Security / Counter Terrorism. Since when do you need 25 people to protect from international threats, let the feds pay for it. Captain, Lt's, Sgt's, Detectives, and Analyst all assigned in SID. What a waist of taxpayers hard earned money, but the good ole boy system is in effect once again. This is paid for out of County money, not a contract city. That's where the cuts can and need to be made.

04-15-2009, 04:55 PM
The Government does pay for the homeland security piece. Perhaps they SHOULD re-evaluate those whinning Range Officers.