PDA

View Full Version : PBA

04-07-2009, 08:02 PM
Hey PBA! Where are you? Just wanted to let you that if my pay gets cut than I will have to make some budget cuts of my own......... First on the list PBA dues. Thanks for nothing. You have been able to produce that (nothing)very well for the last few years. If that was your goal you have reached it and gone beyond. I wonder if I can claim my past dues as a loss on my taxes?

04-07-2009, 09:04 PM
I am dropping PBA now. I was thinking of suing them for breach of contract. They have been getting paid and not holding up their end of the deal. What a waste of time and money.

04-08-2009, 09:49 AM
PBA Opposes 4 Percent Pay Cut!
The Florida Police Benevolent Association put the House of Representatives on notice
today that it will oppose the proposed pay cuts in the budget.
During the House Full Appropriations Council on General Government & Health Care,
Florida PBA testified in opposition to the 4% in salary reductions for state law
enforcement, correctional and correctional probation officers contained in the House
budget proposal.
Now we need your help to drive this point home to the Legislature. Starting tomorrow,
Legislators will be back in their home districts for the Passover/Easter Break. Please
take the time to call and e-mail the Legislators in your area on the list below and express
your concern with this budget proposal. As always, be professional, but make your point
clear – DO NOT CUT THE SALARIES AND POSITIONS OF PUBLIC SAFETY!

Above is from a PBA Hot Sheet. Of course they oppose it, but what are THEY going to do about it? It's time PBA pulls our money from these polyticks. Quit backing these idiots. Anybody that gets money from PBA and votes for these cuts should never get another dime. PBA is the first on my list of budget cuts .

04-09-2009, 02:03 AM
You voted IUPA out now you get what you pay for...

04-09-2009, 09:51 AM
Hey cuz my pockets are already getting heavy. PBA is going to give us $500.00 dollars for every year in service.

04-09-2009, 02:00 PM
IUPA did nothing for us either. The PBA needs to step it up. Funny how the PBA was able to get FHP a raise.

04-09-2009, 02:38 PM
IUPA did nothing for us either. The PBA needs to step it up. Funny how the PBA was able to get FHP a raise.

Duh, that's because FHP deserved a pay raise. What have you guys done to deserve anything?

04-10-2009, 01:55 AM

Duh, that's because FHP deserved a pay raise. What have you guys done to deserve anything?

Our agencies mission is insuring your family has healthy disease free fresh food to eat and we serve many other non traditional law enforcement duties. This agency is credited for assisting the Department of Revenue in the direct collection of an average 1 million dollars per month of what would have been uncollected sales tax on item entering the state through the public highway system for past 10 years. If not for our unique location of inspections stations, this could not be accomplished. Not sure if any other state LE agency can produce those numbers. Talk about homeland security, we have all the roads into the state covered. I think our jobs are pretty safe.

We can also write tickets and put people in jail if we need to but thats not what we are all about.

04-10-2009, 03:20 AM
Well said

04-15-2009, 04:14 AM
Yep PBA caused the budget crisis. :roll:

04-26-2009, 11:11 PM
Here is another question....why do we have an agency representative? He does nothing....no emails regarding issues, nothing nada zilch. PBA itself is a joke. You are suppose to have a union to protect you in troubled times, not an organization that takes your money and gives nothing in return (Oops, I forgot about the handy dandy yearly planer and stickers). They have no power, never have...........never will. Our dues pay their operating costs and the only ones to benefit are FHP. As far as IUPA they were just as bad...again no power. It comes down to the people. The government is there to serve the will of the people. We must unite in order for our voices to be heard. Can you say blueflu???????? :mrgreen:

04-27-2009, 01:11 PM
Bluflu??? Can you say new job seeker? Because that is what you would be.

Look in Florida unions are a joke, we are a right to work/open shop state. Which I am glad we are, we are not forced to join the union. Since we cannot strike the union really has no bargaining power. Look at who is running the union, retired LEO's who were union reps to Departments before retirement, some of who did not and do not have LEO's best interest in mind just their own interests. Current SLEO chapter President is perfect example. Look at our brass in Tally whose interests do most of them have in mind? Their own. Fatso in training is the best example of this, he signed our last contract under IUPA, then he goes to CPT and shortly to Major. Was he rewarded for his loyalty to LEO's or the State? Seems obvious to me, low paid SLEO officer to high paid brass in rather quick order??? The K9 Officer on 95 that was the rep under IUPA was rewarded for rubber stamping the policies to speed accreditation with that K9 position. The Florida Law Enforcement Accreditation Commission is another joke in it's self, again retired LEOs milking the system for their own gain. The only things I see that accreditation has done for us is less officers, more brass, and a big chunk of change every year going to the commission to pay the retired LEOs that run the racket.

The only way that we will get raises is if the union gets the public behind SLEOs, and they contact their House and Senate reps. The unions have been effective on the local level getting LEOs raises, they get the public involved against the councils and commissions. SLEOs have called for our union to do this, they do not respond or they refuse. When they refuse to do our will we should stop paying them. I bet that our union big wigs will not take a paycut, and I bet they have gotten raises the past few years, plus I am willing to bet they make alot more than we do. If union membership falls they just reduce the funds available to line the politicians pockets, not their salary.

It is a racket, that is all. Not much difference from the mob in my opinion. They want us to pay them protection money, that is all it is nothing more, PROTECTION MONEY. Who ran the unions up north, what are they famous for collecting, what would they do to those who would not pay or join the union?

04-27-2009, 11:18 PM
New jobseeker.........the way things are going we may already be in that boat. If not this year then next perhaps. I know you cant strike but something has got to give. You said it better than me, "aint paying".

04-28-2009, 04:26 AM
Most of the post on this board read about the same way. Most refer to the Union in the trird person. They, Them, You, etc. The union if you belong is we, us, and me. While I was a SLEO I was a member of a union, usually which ever one was designated by the state as my representative. As a union member, I was not very active. I did go to Session once, and was able to get some good grub on the union bill. I can say that I voted to support issues that the union supported. Did I feel very powerful, unfortunately "no". The reason the union is weak is due to the fact that we were a small portion of people in relation to the voting body. Most State agencies have a membership level some where around 40% at most, if it were closer to 80-90% the story would definately be different. I remained a member and paid the dues of whoever represented me for very specific reasons. 1st- definately the access to legal representation. 2nd- It is a rather inexpensive Life Insurance Policy, of 20-30k should something happen to me. As well as someone I can send my wife to for assistance in finding the multitude of other benefits offered to fallen leo's. 3rd- If an organization is set up to bargain with the agency heads over policies effecting my job the more money and support they have, the more likely it will be successful. and lastly, it gives me a small feeling of to belonging to a family or group of fellow officers.

Definition of a Union?

Union generally mean a union or combining of two individual things into one.

labour or trade union, an association of workers banded together in the interests of its members
"the Union", a reference to the United States

Most views on this board show very little if any "banding together".

"by Ain't paying on 04/27/09 09:11:28
Look at who is running the union, retired LEO's who were union reps to Departments before retirement, some of who did not and do not have LEO's best interest in mind just their own interests. Current SLEO chapter President is perfect example."

"Reply from Jake
Like it or not you are talking out of your ass. I usually refrain from posting on this site due to the immaturity of most of its users, but I guees I can give it a whirl. I have known Matt Tyre for most of my life, so my opinion will be acused of being slanted, but I cannot see you using Matt as your scape goat."

Matt who is a slick sleeve "SLEO" was elected SLEO President by the SLEO members. He is a 30 years veteran who is at the end of his career and accepted the job because he saw a chance to lead. It was not like we had an extremely difficult list of potential Presidential nominee's to choose from. The bottom line is that it is a tough obviosly thankless position that in order to hold takes an insane amount of didcation and personal commitment. To read the endless comments of how useless the union is, and how "all" the Union heads and representatives have only thier intrests in mind, is irritating to say the least.
If you can? Answer these questions with just a little fore thought. I will answer some of the easier ones for you.

Exactly what "personal interest" has Matt Tyre been able to accomplish as SLEO Pres.?

How much of a raise did he get when he was elected SLEO president?
$0.00, a cell phone, dinner on the house while out of town.

How much time does he spend in Tallahassee, and other out-of-way location attending meetings, and political agendas?
More than you do.. If you were to average it out, about 20 hours a week every year.

If you were SLEO President, what would you do differently to ensure that all the SLEO's are treated, created, and paid equally?
Seriously, If you were given the task to be the leader of a group of people who are too busy working, and enjoying their family time, to get involved behind you. And you were expected to form picket lines on the capital lawn, attend political sessions, meet with politicians, post your comments and agendas on the multitude of internet LEO blogs, while still filling a full time LEO slot, and trying not to neglect your wife, kids, family, and friends. How much do you actually think you could accomplish.

These questions are just to get you to understand that the title has no meaning. The only reason we have these positions is so that we can say that we have an organized "BODY" of officers who have united as a group to have a more powerful voice in government. Although I do not believe that the voice falls on deaf ears, even if we had all the public cries and woes, as everyone thinks, in the end I feel that our politicians in Tallahassee will go on as they see fit. This is the main reason I left State employment, as I saw no light at the end of the deep dark tunnel. All I saw was the differance between 32k and 50k with no avenue for me to get to the 50k. Until the state fixes the lack of a structured career pay package I cannot see myself ever returning.

You can say what you like, however I just find it distastseful that you would accuse someone of being selfish and dishonest without having a clue as to what you are talking about.

Anyway I hope everyone is doing good, and I wish you all well. As for me I feel I made the correct decision to leave and am really enjoying myself. Be Safe.

04-28-2009, 01:26 PM
Still living in "Jakeland" I see. Still sitting on the pedestal that you have placed yourself upon looking down on those that you feel know less than you, which is everyone. Yes you did make the correct decision in leaving, we are enjoying ourselves now also. Catfish made a great replacement for you.

While we are all entitled to our opinions, some though are more grounded in fact than in fantasy.

Sorry but I am not talking out of my ass as you put it, that was real mature by the way. Pot/Kettle?

There are many SLEOs and local LEOs that have seen and understand what Matt is about and wants. Many do not wear the blinders that you do, so I will not waste my time trying to convince you otherwise.

Oh yeah pot/kettle, many times you were heard bashing those in charge of you, those around you, and the unions, many times not having a clue as to what you are talking about simply doing it to make yourself feel better about yourself. Then turning around and kissing the ass of the same. You did the same thing to this Department more times than can be counted. All the problems you tried to stir up thinking that you knew more or better than others. It was very rarely that positive information came out of your mouth.

The IQ of the entire Department surely must have dropped when you left.

Once again, yes we are now enjoying ourselves also.

04-28-2009, 08:33 PM
I once worked for an agency which was represented by the Teamsters, not IUPA. They really made a difference. We can not strike, but groups like UPS and FedEx can. They usually dont have to strike, the mere threat of not making deliveries to Tally during session has just as much impact.

It is time to show PBA the door.

05-01-2009, 03:05 AM
Hey, the only reason the fat training "Major" is where he is at is because he cut a deal with Tallahassee to hire his sorry IUPA A$$... :evil:

05-01-2009, 11:29 AM
He was always a sellout and he stays up managements you know what because he is sucha screwup. He is managements pet fat puppet. He will tell you how messed up management is at Pat Thomas and then kiss thier butts to their face.

05-01-2009, 01:41 PM
Still living in "Jakeland" I see. Still sitting on the pedestal that you have placed yourself upon looking down on those that you feel know less than you, which is everyone. Yes you did make the correct decision in leaving, we are enjoying ourselves now also. Catfish made a great replacement for you.

While we are all entitled to our opinions, some though are more grounded in fact than in fantasy.

Sorry but I am not talking out of my ass as you put it, that was real mature by the way. Pot/Kettle?

There are many SLEOs and local LEOs that have seen and understand what Matt is about and wants. Many do not wear the blinders that you do, so I will not waste my time trying to convince you otherwise.

Oh yeah pot/kettle, many times you were heard bashing those in charge of you, those around you, and the unions, many times not having a clue as to what you are talking about simply doing it to make yourself feel better about yourself. Then turning around and kissing the ass of the same. You did the same thing to this Department more times than can be counted. All the problems you tried to stir up thinking that you knew more or better than others. It was very rarely that positive information came out of your mouth.

The IQ of the entire Department surely must have dropped when you left.

Once again, yes we are now enjoying ourselves also.

Pedestal? Pot/Kettle? Dude I have never looked down on anyone around me, except those that try and tear down those around them.

I will clear your misunderstanding and misconception real quick and easy, contrary to what you claim, I do not know more than most around me, I know just enough to keep myself alive and out of trouble, and I am constsantly learning. As far as being an instructor, I will tell you the same thing I told everyone I ever instructed...I have never tought anyone anything. I just put the information that was provided to me in front of you, hopefully in a way that is conductive to the adult learning process. I may not have done it well, but I was proud of the job I did because I can tell you I knew I tried my best.

I was not happy with my supervisors, however I felt that I had the best Sgt. in the Agency.

As far as my IQ..Dude I am a cop not a Dr. or Lawyer, so it goes to show it cannot be very high.

I am quite happy about the way I feel about myself, and you obviosly do not know me as well as you think. I can only think of 1 maybe 2 people with the Agency I am glad to not see again, and would gladly work with any of them.

If I somehow made you feel inferior while I worked alongside of you, I apologize....honestly was not my intentions.

I feel proud of the job I performed while with Ag Law and about how I acted and treated those around me.

I am glad that you are enjoying yourself, please..dont give me that credit as you know I am already sitting on my pedestal, I am sure you did it all on your own.

So Ill continue to wear my blinders, unconvinced, and sit looking down on all those around me thinking I am better than everyone else, and saying nothing positive.

Dude, grow up and have a little dignity.

Jake

05-06-2009, 04:03 AM
Just like abounch of ag cops, fuss and fewd at each other about nothing. Then when the crapp hits the fan you all diappear like a majic trick. If your making 45,000 or more you best be making the calls to the govner. Its nothing to mouth of about just do it and try to articulate what you mean very well. Without acying stupid as most post here. We have pleanty senior officers this cut will hit unless christ is swayed to veto it. Now get to dailing. You have no time for anythingelse.

05-06-2009, 12:27 PM
Just like abounch of ag cops, fuss and fewd at each other about nothing. Then when the crapp hits the fan you all diappear like a majic trick. If your making 45,000 or more you best be making the calls to the govner. Its nothing to mouth of about just do it and try to articulate what you mean very well. Without acying stupid as most post here. We have pleanty senior officers this cut will hit unless christ is swayed to veto it. Now get to dailing. You have no time for anythingelse.

HOOKT ON PHONIX REELY WORKT FUR U!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

05-09-2009, 04:53 AM
Have another drink.

05-11-2009, 09:11 PM
You guys should stop cutting down PBA that is money well spent out of your checks. Stop crying about a raise I love my job so much I would do it for free. What you got driver?

05-12-2009, 01:07 AM
Since you love it so much and do not need the money how about divide your salary between the rest of us that need it.

05-12-2009, 01:00 PM
You boys do not yet see the big picture ya'll need to worry about your jobs and not your pay checks. Ya'll knew this was just a neckbone and rice job when you started.