PDA

View Full Version : Hiring

04-05-2009, 09:04 PM
I heard today that the HCSO is currently hiring LEO's with experience. Can anyone shed some light on that? I don't want to drive all the way up to Hernando to beturned away because there is a hiring freeze. I know turnover has been an issue for several years. Any info would help. Thanks.

04-05-2009, 09:20 PM
Just read this forum! Why would you want to come to work here? If you're not a good ole boy/girl, chances are slim to none that you will get in. You have to know someone or be a hot young female LEO in order to get hired. Save your gas and your time.

04-05-2009, 11:03 PM
First, thanks for the advice, but that did not answer my question. The question was is HCSO hiring? Second, I worked for HCSO years ago and have found that the grass isn't greener on the other side. HCSO has problems, trust me I am well aware. But when your department is handing out pink slips at a rate of 13% reduction in LEO's every budget year, the old problems don't seem as bad any more. I was at the funeral a few weeks ago and noticed that most of the higher ups are still in the same positions, so things could not have changed too much since I left almost ten years ago. Thanks again for the friendly advice, but I would rather take the "HCSO problems" and job security than standing in an unemployment line with over a decade of LEO experience.

04-07-2009, 03:32 PM
Freeze is in place but they do replace deputies who have left....call HR and ask them.

04-08-2009, 03:00 AM
Please don't listen to that idiot that is trying to tell you this forum represents HCSO. The only thing this forum represents (for the most part) are the handful of unhappy, whining babies that have nothing better to do that use this as their platform to spew their negativity. I'm glad to hear that you recognize that the grass isn't typically greener elsewhere, and that any problems at our agency aren't nearly what the whining minority want you to believe. If you have experience, and didn't burn your bridges when you left here, the agency will be interested in you. Thanks, and good luck to you!

04-08-2009, 01:03 PM
Dont come back...Being a traveling armed security guard passing out Nugents vote 4 me cards gets old.It has gotten worse if your from the Mylander days.Way worse trust me!!!the only ones happy are your favorites and your company men sgts.who treat the place better then there own family.Trust me on this!!!

04-08-2009, 02:24 PM
Please don't listen to that idiot that is trying to tell you this forum represents HCSO. The only thing this forum represents (for the most part) are the handful of unhappy, whining babies that have nothing better to do that use this as their platform to spew their negativity. I'm glad to hear that you recognize that the grass isn't typically greener elsewhere, and that any problems at our agency aren't nearly what the whining minority want you to believe. If you have experience, and didn't burn your bridges when you left here, the agency will be interested in you. Thanks, and good luck to you!

Suck-up, read the ABOUT US section on the home page of LEO Affairs. Matter of fact, so that you'll have more time to pass out your cards, I'll copy and paste it to here and then maybe you will understand why we come here and do what we do.

LEOAFFAIRS.COM™ has been featured on television, radio and in newspapers across the country including MSNBC and The Washington Post. The LEOAFFAIRS.COM ™ Message Boards are unique in that they seek to effect change. We encourage access and participation by Law Enforcement Personnel, the Media and the Public. In this way the LEOs (law enforcement officers) can post about the pros and cons within their industry, Media can pick up on the stories and publicize them and the General Public can respond by applying pressure to the agencies and powers that be for any changes they see fit.

Ever think that some of us who aren't suck-ups would like to see some positive changes, like getting the corruption out of our agency? Open your eyes, there's a lot of problems.

To the original person inquriring, I say don't come back. As you can see, the person who is complaining in the post I quoted didn't take the time to answer your question, instead they decided to only suck up to you and complain when more truths are brought out on this board.

04-08-2009, 02:27 PM
Dont come back...Being a traveling armed security guard passing out Nugents vote 4 me cards gets old.It has gotten worse if your from the Mylander days.Way worse trust me!!!the only ones happy are your favorites and your company men sgts.who treat the place better then there own family.Trust me on this!!!
Shakes head in agreement. :cop:

04-10-2009, 11:56 AM

Read the comments on the recent news articles. I think they are realizing what has been going on for far too long. WE HAVE A CORRUPT DEPARTMENT AND THERE IS NO WAY IN HELL THAT I WOULD ADVISE ANYBODY TO COME WORK WITH US. NO WAY IN HELL!!!!!!!!!!

I hope the media continues so that we can get this place back to where it should be.

DO NOT COME TO WORK FOR HSO.