PDA

View Full Version : Congratulations

03-24-2009, 08:22 PM
Congratulations for the recipient of the most recent promotion.

03-24-2009, 08:26 PM
Congratulations to being promoted (again), Sgt. John Scholl!! You kept the faith, brother!

03-24-2009, 10:05 PM
So let me get this straight. A sgt QUITS the sheriff dept, gets rehired after being gone for a year, is allowed to take the sgt test and now he gets promoted again? Can you say B.S.?

Just joking! Some are going to whine so I kinda threw that out there. I can't say BS. Why? Another good promotion!! In fact, this promotion and the past 2 tell me the admin are actually making good decisions. Sgt. Scholl was a good sgt then and will be even better now. Congrats John Boy!

03-25-2009, 03:19 PM
So now he can stop telling everyone that he will quit if he doesn't get promoted? Or now will it be if he does not get the district he wants?

03-25-2009, 03:23 PM
So now he can stop telling everyone that he will quit if he doesn't get promoted? Or now will it be if he does not get the district he wants?

Do'h!

03-25-2009, 07:09 PM

Someone is psychic. The word is he turned it down. Mids in D2 didn't appeal. WTF?!?

03-25-2009, 07:53 PM
If he turns it down, who will get it? Really tough, he wanted to be Sgt really really bad, its doubtful that he turned it down.He wanted sgt oo bad he threatened to quit his job and now he wants to turn it down? If he does boot his @$$ off the list. Lets go down the top five. MH is preggy (congrats mommy to be) so it's unknown if they offer it to her, then you have GR, PB, RD and DB. I don't know who else is on the list. If he dont want it I'm sure the others wouldnt turn it down. Of the rest of the top five there are some that I wouldn't follow into water if I was on fire.

03-25-2009, 07:55 PM
So let me get this straight. A sgt QUITS the sheriff dept, gets rehired after being gone for a year, is allowed to take the sgt test and now he gets promoted again? Can you say B.S.?

Just joking! Some are going to whine so I kinda threw that out there. I can't say BS. Why? Another good promotion!! In fact, this promotion and the past 2 tell me the admin are actually making good decisions. Sgt. Scholl was a good sgt then and will be even better now. Congrats John Boy!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA !

Somebody ate some dookie!!!!!!

03-25-2009, 08:02 PM
If he turns it down, who will get it? Really tough, he wanted to be Sgt really really bad, its doubtful that he turned it down.He wanted sgt oo bad he threatened to quit his job and now he wants to turn it down? If he does boot his @$$ off the list. Lets go down the top five. MH is preggy (congrats mommy to be) so it's unknown if they offer it to her, then you have GR, PB, RD and DB. I don't know who else is on the list. If he dont want it I'm sure the others wouldnt turn it down. Of the rest of the top five there are some that I wouldn't follow into water if I was on fire.

And the choir said "AMEN!"

03-25-2009, 11:24 PM
Amen. First thing is first. I wonder how many of the sgts would quit, come back and be eligible to be placed on the sgt promotion list. The only one on the list, whom was given preferential treatment, *****ed and moaned because the admin didn’t promote him fast enough. He even told people he was going to quit if he didn’t get the stripes. Now, out of the blue they say "Congratulations you are hereby promoted. But, you have to work mids in another district." Now he says "I don’t wanna go.”

Second look at the list. I will not mention anyone in particular there are some deputies in the top 5 that, uh, well, don't have what it takes to supervise. They may have questionable integrity or motives in that they may throw you under the bus. There may be some who are downright lazy as patrol deputies like throw calls into other deputies laps, weasel out of calls, etc. There is even someone who was allowed to take the test on a separate date although the admin wouldn’t let some others do it. With all of that being said, I think the admin may have to revert to Mad TV's "Lowered Expectations" as a model for promotion. This is not to say some of the candidates are not good people. Some are just lousy deputies who have little to no respect from their peers, or good deputies who have little to no leadership capabilities.

We road deputies need supervisors who will lead us, and not from the rear. We need sgts who will work side by side, have the guts to calls the shots and stand behind their decisions and not leave their troops out to dry. What we need are those men and women who will take charge and assume the responsibility in which they are tasked: Those who work under their supervision.

So what if some in the top 5 have a degree and that gives them an advantage over another. If you read the evals on one of the candidates it is a surprise that evaluation notations don’t apply to the selection process. It may “look good” to the press that some of the supervisors have a degree in underwater basket weaving, but that does not mean that person knows a dam# thing about leadership. Leadership means the ability to obtain followship, not who has the highest degree in college or in martial arts, it doesn’t mean because you are buddies with unit one and it dam# sure doesn’t mean do what I say and not what I do. Quite frankly, as another poster pointed out, some could not lead their troops to water if they were on fire. Give us leaders. Us slick-sleeves will follow them.

If some take offense to this, so be it. Perhaps if you are one of the ones I am referring to, then you need to re-think some of the things you do before you take on the RESPONSIBILTY of leading a shift. And yes, it is a responsibility. If you want a promotion so you can get the gold brass, the chevrons and the recognition, we don’t need you. We need sgts who don’t constantly remind their troops that they are a sgt, unless a troop thinks the tail wags the dog.

Give us leaders. Us slick-sleeves will follow them. As far as the newly promoted, now I don’t want it sgt goes, remove him from the list and move on.

03-26-2009, 06:07 AM
Well said!

03-26-2009, 11:38 AM
Amen. First thing is first. I wonder how many of the sgts would quit, come back and be eligible to be placed on the sgt promotion list. The only one on the list, whom was given preferential treatment, *****ed and moaned because the admin didn’t promote him fast enough. He even told people he was going to quit if he didn’t get the stripes. Now, out of the blue they say "Congratulations you are hereby promoted. But, you have to work mids in another district." Now he says "I don’t wanna go.”

Second look at the list. I will not mention anyone in particular there are some deputies in the top 5 that, uh, well, don't have what it takes to supervise. They may have questionable integrity or motives in that they may throw you under the bus. There may be some who are downright lazy as patrol deputies like throw calls into other deputies laps, weasel out of calls, etc. There is even someone who was allowed to take the test on a separate date although the admin wouldn’t let some others do it. With all of that being said, I think the admin may have to revert to Mad TV's "Lowered Expectations" as a model for promotion. This is not to say some of the candidates are not good people. Some are just lousy deputies who have little to no respect from their peers, or good deputies who have little to no leadership capabilities.

We road deputies need supervisors who will lead us, and not from the rear. We need sgts who will work side by side, have the guts to calls the shots and stand behind their decisions and not leave their troops out to dry. What we need are those men and women who will take charge and assume the responsibility in which they are tasked: Those who work under their supervision.

So what if some in the top 5 have a degree and that gives them an advantage over another. If you read the evals on one of the candidates it is a surprise that evaluation notations don’t apply to the selection process. It may “look good” to the press that some of the supervisors have a degree in underwater basket weaving, but that does not mean that person knows a dam# thing about leadership. Leadership means the ability to obtain followship, not who has the highest degree in college or in martial arts, it doesn’t mean because you are buddies with unit one and it dam# sure doesn’t mean do what I say and not what I do. Quite frankly, as another poster pointed out, some could not lead their troops to water if they were on fire. Give us leaders. Us slick-sleeves will follow them.

If some take offense to this, so be it. Perhaps if you are one of the ones I am referring to, then you need to re-think some of the things you do before you take on the RESPONSIBILTY of leading a shift. And yes, it is a responsibility. If you want a promotion so you can get the gold brass, the chevrons and the recognition, we don’t need you. We need sgts who don’t constantly remind their troops that they are a sgt, unless a troop thinks the tail wags the dog.

Give us leaders. Us slick-sleeves will follow them. As far as the newly promoted, now I don’t want it sgt goes, remove him from the list and move on.

Best post I've read in a long time.

03-26-2009, 02:48 PM
I agree with the post above. It is so important that a deputy feel like he can trust and confide in his supervisor. I know that there are many people that are just not leaders, but are hard workers. I also feel that you have to gain the respect of a troop and not demand it. There are supervisors that only want the waves to stay low and nothing to cause any question during the shift. Then you have supervisors that want the troops to work and get into as much as possible. In my opinon that is what a true SUPERVISOR is. It is the job of a boss to monitor what is going on and make sure his guys and gals are safe and have all the tools needed to do a good job. I know that everyone is a little angry at times with the decisons that are made. The truth is that being in the ADMIN sometimes might suck a little. No matter what decison is made someone will not be happy. In a place like the S.O., it is hard to please everyone. Bottom line is... To be a good SUPERVISOR you must first be a good person and a hard worker.

03-26-2009, 04:15 PM
With all of that being said, did JS really turn it down or is it a rumor? And if he did turn it down has the admin promoted anyone else?

03-26-2009, 06:57 PM
Yes....he turned it down. Don't know who gets it yet.

03-26-2009, 07:21 PM
Since he did turn it down I hope he gets removed from the eligibility list and not have another chance at promotion. The admin bent over backwards to give him another shot at promotion and after crying the blues about not getting a fast promotion he turned it down. So whoever gets it, congratulations. One other thing, I do agree with the posters above. There may be some on that list that if they get promoted and they are my supervisor, I'll transfer or find another job. That's a fact.

03-26-2009, 07:57 PM
So, If JS did in fact turn the promotion down, who should get it?

I agree with the posts above, but who? I challange each "guest" on here to put down who you think should get it. Don't say anything bad about anyone, or why others should not get the promotion, but who do YOU think should get it and why. I guess the challenge is to not write anything bad about someone.

03-26-2009, 08:09 PM
Who is in the top 5, or does anyone know who is in the top 10? Unit 1 has been known to skip some people before.

03-26-2009, 08:11 PM
If DB is in the top I'd pick him over the others. No offense to the others but the college degrees put them higher up on the list. DB can lead.

03-26-2009, 09:23 PM
I agree with all of the posts in this thread. That being said, DB would be my pick. He can do the job. If there are any other openings I would sugget looking at the next top five. Sorry to the current top except for DB but, well no comment

03-26-2009, 09:26 PM
I would burn the current list and wait until the next next one. I would not be able to sleep knowing I had to make a choice from the current top picks. Good to does ok officers, but not leaders.

03-26-2009, 09:46 PM
I would burn the current list and wait until the next next one. I would not be able to sleep knowing I had to make a choice from the current top picks. Good to does ok officers, but not leaders.

Ok that could eliminate the top five but are still 14 on the list. Who's on the list between 6 and 10? I think there may be couple in the top 10 who would be good candidiates

03-27-2009, 01:24 AM
If DB is in the top I'd pick him over the others. No offense to the others but the college degrees put them higher up on the list. DB can lead.
What shift would he lead--the lie about other deputies shift? He has no integrity or leadership qualities. Dont qualify his potential until you have worked with him. I have, he is no leader.

03-27-2009, 03:22 AM

Ok that could eliminate the top five but are still 14 on the list. Who's on the list between 6 and 10? I think there may be couple in the top 10 who would be good candidiates

The only ones that I can remember between 6 and 10 are R.Holster, S.Tucker, S.Jones. If anyone else remembers post it.

03-27-2009, 01:38 PM
Any one of those three of 6-8 would do a good job. Between them being former FTO's and doing good jobs where ever they work, they would be better choices than the first 5. All three can take charge and know their jobs better than any of the top 5. In fact I would not hesitate to go into battle with any of them.

If what I know is accurate, you have MH (MC), VR(D-1) PB(D-4) RD(D-4), DB(traf/motor), RH(D-3 prop), SJ(MC) and ST(sig 35). Some think DB wouldn't do well due to lying (seen it firsthand) but the admin likes him so really thats all that counts. Also RD(D-4) is known to be a golfing buddy with unit 1 so that may be a factor. MH (MC) is pregnant, admin may or may not hold that slot for her but she is KM's other half so people will automatically assume she's a shoe in. She is #1 on the list with JS turning it down. VR(D-1) has a master's degree but I'll be nice and leave any negative comments to myself. PB and RD(D-4) are good guys, do an ok job but again, I'll leave my comments to myself. Without being negative none of the top five would not be the best choices. The only thing I will say is one of them had really bad evals.

What I would want is any of the top 6-8. BUT! My prediction is DB. Like i said, the admin likes him and whether or not his integrity is iffy doesnt really matter. They will pick who they want.

03-27-2009, 02:16 PM
Thats right, integrity has nothing to do with leadership. Promote him now.

03-27-2009, 03:12 PM
Everyone keeps mentioning MH being pregnant...you do all realize that if they passed her up because of that she would have a lawsuit, right?

03-27-2009, 03:16 PM

The admin probably will. Screw sugar coating it, he or any of the top 5 should get it. Between the sick lame and lazy added to lack of integrity and one being a pisspoor officer.

03-27-2009, 04:34 PM

The admin probably will. Screw sugar coating it, he or any of the top 5 should get it. Between the sick lame and lazy added to lack of integrity and one being a pisspoor officer.

Did you mean "should NOT" get it? If so I agree. As far as MH being pregnant all the admin would have to do is word it so it doesn't look like her pregnancy is the reason for passing her over for promotion. The flip side to it is her being promoted could be "perceived" as favortism due to her b/f being one of the majors. All of aside, NONE of the top 5 should get the stripes.

03-27-2009, 07:11 PM
There is no way to get a straight answer from anyone in admin to see who is getting the spot vacated when JS turned it down. When the new promotee fnds out then we'll know. The admin will read the posts in this thread and promote whomever the deputies don't want in shear spite. If it's anyone in the top 5 I feel sorry for the poor deputies who have to work for them.

03-27-2009, 09:13 PM
The wait is over. The admin has selected the new sgt to fill the slot vacated by JS after he turned it down. It is........

03-27-2009, 09:14 PM
.....Find out this time next week on, "As The Bull$hit Turns."

03-27-2009, 09:32 PM
I heard somone say that MH told them that she got SGT?????? WTF!

03-27-2009, 09:39 PM
Well that figures. God help us all.

03-27-2009, 10:54 PM
Its officials MH got the stripes in district 2 midnights! OMG

03-27-2009, 11:47 PM
Lay off of her. She'll do a good job.

03-28-2009, 12:17 AM
KM is leaving?

03-28-2009, 01:25 AM
Lay off of her. She'll do a good job. So you have no problem with how she got her promotion? You find nothing wrong with the whole integrity thing huh? You have no problem with perhaps more qualified people being denied a chance to support their family better because of what she's done! get a life buddy!

03-28-2009, 05:16 AM
Lay off of her. She'll do a good job. So you have no problem with how she got her promotion? You find nothing wrong with the whole integrity thing huh? You have no problem with perhaps more qualified people being denied a chance to support their family better because of what she's done! get a life buddy!

What do you mean? She got her promotion the same way every other Sgt got theirs. Last time I checked there was a test, written scenario, and points assessed for training, education, and experience. She wound up being number 2 on the list. JS was number three. They passed her over and offered it to JS. The dumb@$$ turned it down and she got promoted. How many of you posting have actually worked with her and how many really know her. Just like all of you, I heard a lot of really bad things about MH before I actually ever knew her. Then, I worked with her and I discovered that she is a hard worker who is very knowledgeable and puts allot of effort into her work. She has never stabbed me in the back and she has always been there to help and take on extra work. Her relationship with KM has hurt her career more than anything, it has not helped. She put in for MC several times before she was ever selected, she was passed over for a promotion, only after the other candidate turned it down, was she promoted. It certainly does not sound like she is getting preferential treatment to me. For you people saying that you will quit or transfer if she is promoted, you need to grow up. Everyone loves to hate MH, but no one ever has a reason for hating her. The best anyone can come up with is that she is dating #2. Would you people also quit or transfer if you had to work for a certain Sgt in D3 who should have been fired for cowardice. MH is a good deputy and I think whoever winds up working for her will be pleasantly surprised.

03-28-2009, 03:43 PM
I think Sgt. Harnett will do a good job. She has done a great job on major crimes and has come a long ways. Her biggest challenge will be earning the repsect of those under her supervision. Another is trust. Why? A long time ago she was percieved as a rumor mill. She was also believed to be the one who ratted several people to the admin prior to the 04 re-election. She has grown and matured since then and then some. We have all been tried by fire. Some have faltered and failed. Others have shown their true nature over time, good or bad. But there are a few that everyone seemed to have issues with that made something of themselves. It is what it is, and the deputies under her supervision will have to live with it. I doubt the admin is going to grant transfer requests to everyone just because she is now a sgt. Give her a chance to show what she can do. Give Sgt. Mai Harnet the repsect that is due, and give her a chance to earn it. If she fails, then we'll just have the cross that bridge when we get there. Since it is a reality now, the best thing to do is to encourage her, congratulate her promotion and welcome her. You don't have to like it. But remember, if she fails, we all fail. She made one hell of a major crimes detective, I will her luck in being a better sgt.

03-28-2009, 06:49 PM
I think Sgt. Harnett will do a good job. She has done a great job on major crimes and has come a long ways. Her biggest challenge will be earning the repsect of those under her supervision. Another is trust. Why? A long time ago she was percieved as a rumor mill. She was also believed to be the one who ratted several people to the admin prior to the 04 re-election. She has grown and matured since then and then some. We have all been tried by fire. Some have faltered and failed. Others have shown their true nature over time, good or bad. But there are a few that everyone seemed to have issues with that made something of themselves. It is what it is, and the deputies under her supervision will have to live with it. I doubt the admin is going to grant transfer requests to everyone just because she is now a sgt. Give her a chance to show what she can do. Give Sgt. Mai Harnet the repsect that is due, and give her a chance to earn it. If she fails, then we'll just have the cross that bridge when we get there. Since it is a reality now, the best thing to do is to encourage her, congratulate her promotion and welcome her. You don't have to like it. But remember, if she fails, we all fail. She made one hell of a major crimes detective, I will her luck in being a better sgt.

so you're saing that two guys will military leadership experience should have been passed over someone who has NO leadership experience anywhere ever. and the dedication and hard work that PB has given to the agency over the likes of MH should not have been taken into consideration. big deal so she worked with you in MC. That means what to the rest of us? her rep on the road is still there! does this mean that KM is now going to be going on patrol with her to help her out or is she actually going to have to walk on her own two fee? and the ranking in the top five doesn't mean squat. check you FOP contract!

03-28-2009, 07:12 PM
Why not take a look at the accreditation standards for promotions. Seems that those that bargained on both sides forgot that in the CBA. If the accreditation standard were followed, there would be no room for the good-ol-boys to play. The agency should not be accredited, its just another Hall joke. Remember, there is a one year probation period to weed out those not capable of handling added responsibilities. But that is never used, it would be work for someone. So just let the good-ol-boys pick, the agency deserves no better.

03-28-2009, 08:21 PM
Ok who has suffered at the likes of MH's bs? Initials will be fine. If it's one I say its crap but give us a list of names or intials that have suffured and explain the circumstances? Not debating or taking up for the, I'll be nice, but list names.

03-28-2009, 09:13 PM
Why not take a look at the accreditation standards for promotions. Seems that those that bargained on both sides forgot that in the CBA. If the accreditation standard were followed, there would be no room for the good-ol-boys to play. The agency should not be accredited, its just another Hall joke. Remember, there is a one year probation period to weed out those not capable of handling added responsibilities. But that is never used, it would be work for someone. So just let the good-ol-boys pick, the agency deserves no better.

Yeah we see how well the probation period works PL is now supervisor of himself. PB teaches more trainees how to get out of work instead of teaching them what they should know. Now she and DY can plot against their next victim......allowed to do exactly as they please by the admin.

03-28-2009, 11:20 PM
Ok who has suffered at the likes of MH's bs? Initials will be fine. If it's one I say its crap but give us a list of names or intials that have suffured and explain the circumstances? Not debating or taking up for the, I'll be nice, but list names.

Nice try. That detective work really paid off!

Go work on your 'leadin skills.

03-28-2009, 11:27 PM

If you do not know already then it must not be your business.

03-29-2009, 02:19 AM
Do any of you think that everything you write here will make any difference?

03-29-2009, 06:04 AM

this sounds like mh wrote this or either baby daddy! so you're saing that two guys will military leadership experience should have been passed over someone who has NO leadership experience anywhere ever. and the dedication and hard work that PB has given to the agency over the likes of MH should not have been taken into consideration. big deal so she worked with you in MC. That means what to the rest of us? her rep on the road is still there! does this mean that KM is now going to be going on patrol with her to help her out or is she actually going to have to walk on her own two fee? and the ranking in the top five doesn't mean squat. check you FOP contract!

Maybe they should promote you since you write so well. By the way, they did not get passed over. She was #2 on the list. I don't think that someone should be promoted just because they were in the military. The military is not the only place to develop leadership skills. I have seen some damn good leaders come out of the military, but I have also seen some complete tards that could not make a decision if it was not black and white and spelled out for them in a manual. I am not bashing anyone who is prior military I just don't think anyone should be promoted just because they were in the military. MH is a hard worker and I have no doubt she will do a great job.

03-29-2009, 05:06 PM
again idiot read your FOP contract or do you need one with pictures? there is no #2 in the top five. tard!

03-30-2009, 01:19 AM

this sounds like mh wrote this or either baby daddy! so you're saing that two guys will military leadership experience should have been passed over someone who has NO leadership experience anywhere ever. and the dedication and hard work that PB has given to the agency over the likes of MH should not have been taken into consideration. big deal so she worked with you in MC. That means what to the rest of us? her rep on the road is still there! does this mean that KM is now going to be going on patrol with her to help her out or is she actually going to have to walk on her own two fee? and the ranking in the top five doesn't mean squat. check you FOP contract!

Maybe they should promote you since you write so well. By the way, they did not get passed over. She was #2 on the list. I don't think that someone should be promoted just because they were in the military. The military is not the only place to develop leadership skills. I have seen some darn good leaders come out of the military, but I have also seen some complete tards that could not make a decision if it was not black and white and spelled out for them in a manual. I am not bashing anyone who is prior military I just don't think anyone should be promoted just because they were in the military. MH is a hard worker and I have no doubt she will do a great job.
It always takes some little cowardly chicken $h1t to talk about something they know nothing about. Hey big-boy, you ever gone to serve your country. No, probably never been out of red-neck Santa Rosa county. Its always the ones that never served, that talk about those that have. Maybe Obama will give you a job. Did you pay your taxes? If not your in. You wouldnt know what real supervision is-- because you are too busy humping your own supervisors leg. Don't talk about something you know nothing about, punk.

03-30-2009, 02:08 PM
I can only imagine right now one of two things could be happening. MH could be sitting back right now with a big grin on her face knowing she got promoted to sgt and she go the last laugh. Or, she could be upset that people are taking so many jabs at her that is unwarranted. What happened in the past happened. Was it her fault? Some of us cannot honestly answer that. After all so many are basing their thoughts on what someone else said, who heard it from this person or that person. Was she the rat? I have no idea. What I can say is I have worked with her on some cases and she did an outstanding job on whatever she was working on. If she was labeled a “rat” that’s one thing. But lazy is something she cannot be accused of. Does that make her a good leader? Only time will tell. I can give you a list of sgts who had questionable backgrounds and yet turned out to be good supervisors. There are sgts who, when they were slick sleeves, wanted to be “in charge” but didn’t want the responsibility of standing in front of the Lt and answering for some bonehead decisions. There were some who wanted to be supervisors so bad they would tell dispatch to put “OIC” next to their radio numbers in the cad when the sgt was off. Again, they don’t really want the responsibility that goes with the title “OIC” or they would find an excuse to hang the deputy out to dry. Some of those same sorry @## slick sleeves turned into good sgts. Then there are some sgts that have been sgts for a long time and can’t decide to go left or right without calling their lt. There is a sgt that has been known for being a coward. Another that was busted for banging a Tom Thumb clerk that should have gotten his stripes ripped from his shirt. Another that got busted for carrying an unapproved rifle that fired a 7.62 mm round in his car, after he was told not to carry it by the admin. All three of those sgts will hang you out to dry to save their own a$sses. MH is being judged for what happened in the past. If we were all judged for our pasts, then some of us wouldn’t be deputies. Regardless if MH did all of the things people say she did, that was then and this is now. Like another poster, I say give her a chance. There is no discussion with the admin to reconsider their decision. After all they could have promoted another top five person that filed a bs complaint against their supervisor after he gave him/her a bad annual evaluation for laziness and other deficiencies. There are two more lazy deputies and one that is known to tell “tall tells.” Anyone of them could have been promoted and they would have suffered the same ridicule, based on past mistakes. MH will do a good job as she did in mc. If she makes mistakes then it wont be the first time a sgt screwed up. In closing, I wish congratulate her and wish her good luck in her new assignment.

03-30-2009, 02:35 PM
You know buddy, you're the same guy that keeps beating that drum over and over and over. Give it up. No one is going to forgive her for her past sins and nothing you're saying here is being heard by anyone so give it up! She is what she is and that's all she will ever be. EVERYONE at the SRSO lives with their reputations good or bad. Most are derserved some are not. But regardless their rep's are there forever and nothing you can say will ever change yours, theirs, or hers. You're the same guy who keeps posting the same crap. If anyone cared they probably already know who you are since she only has one or two running mates so let it drop. Let her go to the road and make it or break it on her own and quit trying to impress her with your chivalrist support. All you're doing is eliciting more responses of which all but yours are negative. Do her a big favor and get off the blog.

03-30-2009, 06:28 PM
You know buddy, you're the same guy that keeps beating that drum over and over and over. Give it up. No one is going to forgive her for her past sins and nothing you're saying here is being heard by anyone so give it up! She is what she is and that's all she will ever be. EVERYONE at the SRSO lives with their reputations good or bad. Most are derserved some are not. But regardless their rep's are there forever and nothing you can say will ever change yours, theirs, or hers. You're the same guy who keeps posting the same crap. If anyone cared they probably already know who you are since she only has one or two running mates so let it drop. Let her go to the road and make it or break it on her own and quit trying to impress her with your chivalrist support. All you're doing is eliciting more responses of which all but yours are negative. Do her a big favor and get off the blog.

Alright wiseass who should have been selected?? PB? RD? VR? DB? Or who out of the top 5?

03-30-2009, 06:30 PM
BTW who makes up the top 5 now MH is a sgt?

03-30-2009, 07:37 PM

I see. Giving someone a chance to redeem herself is a bad thing and wishing her well on her new job is eliciting negative responses? You are a pisspoor excuse for a human. If you want to post negative responses, go ahead. Bravo to the person who posted postive comments. Do yourself and everyone else a favor and get off of the blog. Besides, your a wuss.

03-30-2009, 11:58 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oMMTloO1H-U&feature=related

The above link gave the admin the idea on the recent promotion.

03-31-2009, 12:44 AM
With KM leaving tomorrow, MH will have to stand on her own, give it a chance.

03-31-2009, 06:40 PM
Looks like El Modo has cleaned up this thread, somewhat. It was at 60 now back to 56. Looks like everyone is pushing away from this thread with the realization that nothing is going to change the shurf's mind about promoting MH. Maybe its time to move on to other people to bash, like the admin, sgt SH, KM, FOP, PBA, your district lt, lt JK, major SC, Wendell Hall and his vanity self, or anyone at your heart's desire. Make sure when you do, keep your self annonymous. If there is someone on vacation, bash them. Anyone off? Bash them. We could bash the LEO Deputy of the Year for being an A$$kisser (he's not really, just giving people new ideas.). Here is the best idea. STOP BASHING PERIOD!! Move on. Congrats Mai, you good a very long road ahead of you, ieven f I think the admin could have done way better.

03-31-2009, 08:09 PM
Congratulations Sgt. Harnett. I don't think the admin coud have done better. I wish you luck in your new assignment. Lt. Floyd just got promoted, so another Sgt will be promoted to Lt, so another Sgt may be in the making. Good luck to our top 5!! VR, PB, RD, DB and RH!! May the best deputy get it.

04-01-2009, 04:53 AM

Maybe they should promote you since you write so well. By the way, they did not get passed over. She was #2 on the list. I don't think that someone should be promoted just because they were in the military. The military is not the only place to develop leadership skills. I have seen some darn good leaders come out of the military, but I have also seen some complete tards that could not make a decision if it was not black and white and spelled out for them in a manual. I am not bashing anyone who is prior military I just don't think anyone should be promoted just because they were in the military. MH is a hard worker and I have no doubt she will do a great job.
It always takes some little cowardly chicken $h1t to talk about something they know nothing about. Hey big-boy, you ever gone to serve your country. No, probably never been out of red-neck Santa Rosa county. Its always the ones that never served, that talk about those that have. Maybe Obama will give you a job. Did you pay your taxes? If not your in. You wouldnt know what real supervision is-- because you are too busy humping your own supervisors leg. Don't talk about something you know nothing about, punk.

I wasn't bashing the military! I think you should read the post again. I personally think every member of the armed forces that I come into contact with. I hate to break this to you, but the Santa Rosa County Sheriff's Office is not the military. If you want to be promoted based on your military service, you should have stayed in the military. If someone developed good leadership skills in the military and they exhibit good leadership skills with the sheriff's office then they should be promoted based on their leadership abilities at the sheriff's office. Just because someone was in the military does not mean that they are a better leader or officer than someone who did not serve. I can name several officers at this agency who served in the military who are awesome. I can name just as many prior military who are slackers and the same goes for non military. Judging by your post you think PB and RD should have been promoted over NH. Escambia's Unit 1 was a career military guy and he seems to exhibit superior leadership skills huh. Same with Charlie Morris. Again, I appreciate everyone who ever served in the military, but this is civillian law enforcement and prior military service should not be a factor in promotions.

04-01-2009, 05:21 AM
again idiot read your FOP contract or do you need one with pictures? there is no #2 in the top five. tard!

O.K. Dipshit! I will try to explain this in a way that you will understand. Points are distributed based on test scores, written scenario, education, training ETC....A list is compiled and the person with highest number of points is #1. The list goes in descending order ending with person with the lowest number of points. The top five canidates are provided to the Sheriff and the Sheriff decides who to promote based on the top five. One of the factors that are assesed are the number of points the potential canidate has. The sheriff has some discretion on who he wants, but the selection criteria must be consistent. If you think it does not matter where you are at on the list, you are sadly mistaken. If the person in the #1 spot is in a "protected class" they can not be passed over unless the selection criteria remained consistent. Lets look at what happened. Nh #1 on the list got promoted based on training and experience. JS was number three on the list but was more experienced than MH #2 on the list. JS was offered the promotion but turned it down. Using the same selection criteria they could not pass over MH (Protected Class) unless someone had way more training and experience. Maybe in additon to the FOP contract you should read up on the EOC contract and Fair Wage and Labor Standards. TARD!

04-01-2009, 01:52 PM
JS turned it down and MH promoted. Now we have another promotion possbility with Lt. Floyd being promoted to Captain. The admin may promote a sgt to lt and a deputy to sgt. Who should the next sgt be?

04-01-2009, 03:35 PM
Can't we just let this die?!? DON'T START THIS AGAIN!! You gotta have SOMETHING better to do!

04-01-2009, 05:18 PM
Can't we just let this die?!? DON'T START THIS AGAIN!! You gotta have SOMETHING better to do!

Amen. If there are new promotions coming down the pipe, so be it and I wish all of the qualified and deserving candidates the best of luck. Other than that, this thread is moot.

04-01-2009, 10:24 PM
JS turned it down and MH promoted. Now we have another promotion possbility with Lt. Floyd being promoted to Captain. The admin may promote a sgt to lt and a deputy to sgt. Who should the next sgt be?

Maybe the rank of Corporal should be re-visited...

Possibly a lot less headache involved and more actual deserving candidates.

04-02-2009, 04:15 PM

O.K. Dipshit! I will try to explain this in a way that you will understand. Points are distributed based on test scores, written scenario, education, training ETC....A list is compiled and the person with highest number of points is #1. The list goes in descending order ending with person with the lowest number of points. The top five canidates are provided to the Sheriff and the Sheriff decides who to promote based on the top five. One of the factors that are assesed are the number of points the potential canidate has. The sheriff has some discretion on who he wants, but the selection criteria must be consistent. If you think it does not matter where you are at on the list, you are sadly mistaken. If the person in the #1 spot is in a "protected class" they can not be passed over unless the selection criteria remained consistent. Lets look at what happened. Nh #1 on the list got promoted based on training and experience. JS was number three on the list but was more experienced than MH #2 on the list. JS was offered the promotion but turned it down. Using the same selection criteria they could not pass over MH (Protected Class) unless someone had way more training and experience. Maybe in additon to the FOP contract you should read up on the EOC contract and Fair Wage and Labor Standards. TARD!

Someone struck a nerve! FYI, the admin can choose any name from the top five... It has happened before so ask around. Which contract are you referring to? The current one or the one we didn't have when the last list was established?

04-02-2009, 04:47 PM
Yes the Sheriff can choose anyone from the top 5. It says so in the policy. That means you can be #1 on the list and get passed over. The admin gives the sheriff a list of the top five applicants and he makes the final call. He looks at their personel file, training, assignments and the test scores. Being #1 doesnt make you the most qualified, it only means you have the highest points. The sheriff will see if the aplicant had been an fto, investigator, etc and also if they had any classes in leadership. In reality, one could have only patrol experience, no fto, referred everything to major crimes or property crimes and the sheriff could choose that person over someone who is well rounded. Look at your top 5 and see who is the best qualified and see who the sheriff likes. It could be anyone of the 5 and it all depends on the sheriff's desire. Same thing applies to the Lts. Here is the known top 5 list for sgts. VR (d-1), PB(d-4), RD(d-4), DB (traf) and RH(d-3 prop and only if JS was removed from the top 5 for turning down the sgt promotion). For Lts, it's TM(d-4), LT(d-3), JM(sig 35), BC(d-3) and SH (pio). Not sure about their respective orders on the list.

The word is the next Lt will take Capt. Floyd's spot he vacated in D-4. Then a deputy will be promoted to sgt to replace the sgt promoted to lt. Whoever gets selected I wish them well and hopefully there will be less "fanfare" that Sgt. MH received. At the same time we all hope the sheriff selects the best qualified candidates based on everything their file shows and not other reasons.

04-02-2009, 05:00 PM
Yes the Sheriff can choose anyone from the top 5. It says so in the policy. That means you can be #1 on the list and get passed over. The admin gives the sheriff a list of the top five applicants and he makes the final call. He looks at their personel file, training, assignments and the test scores. Being #1 doesnt make you the most qualified, it only means you have the highest points. The sheriff will see if the aplicant had been an fto, investigator, etc and also if they had any classes in leadership. In reality, one could have only patrol experience, no fto, referred everything to major crimes or property crimes and the sheriff could choose that person over someone who is well rounded. Look at your top 5 and see who is the best qualified and see who the sheriff likes. It could be anyone of the 5 and it all depends on the sheriff's desire. Same thing applies to the Lts. Here is the known top 5 list for sgts. VR (d-1), PB(d-4), RD(d-4), DB (traf) and RH(d-3 prop and only if JS was removed from the top 5 for turning down the sgt promotion). For Lts, it's TM(d-4), LT(d-3), JM(sig 35), BC(d-3) and SH (pio). Not sure about their respective orders on the list.

The word is the next Lt will take Capt. Floyd's spot he vacated in D-4. Then a deputy will be promoted to sgt to replace the sgt promoted to lt. Whoever gets selected I wish them well and hopefully there will be less "fanfare" that Sgt. MH received. At the same time we all hope the sheriff selects the best qualified candidates based on everything their file shows and not other reasons.

Is JS off of the list or did he shuffled back into the mix? Also, has the admin named the new lt??

04-03-2009, 01:50 PM
It is a shame everyone was willing to degrade MH when she got promoted but then not offer any feedback about the upcoming Lt and Sgt promotions.

04-03-2009, 02:59 PM
It is a shame everyone was willing to degrade MH when she got promoted but then not offer any feedback about the upcoming Lt and Sgt promotions.

FAIL

04-03-2009, 03:50 PM

FAIL

What????

04-03-2009, 06:09 PM

Another "Maimonite" has spoken.

04-03-2009, 10:59 PM
I wasn't bashing the military! I think you should read the post again. I personally think every member of the armed forces that I come into contact with. I hate to break this to you, but the Santa Rosa County Sheriff's Office is not the military. If you want to be promoted based on your military service, you should have stayed in the military. If someone developed good leadership skills in the military and they exhibit good leadership skills with the sheriff's office then they should be promoted based on their leadership abilities at the sheriff's office. Just because someone was in the military does not mean that they are a better leader or officer than someone who did not serve. I can name several officers at this agency who served in the military who are awesome. I can name just as many prior military who are slackers and the same goes for non military. Judging by your post you think PB and RD should have been promoted over NH. Escambia's Unit 1 was a career military guy and he seems to exhibit superior leadership skills huh. Same with Charlie Morris. Again, I appreciate everyone who ever served in the military, but this is civillian law enforcement and prior military service should not be a factor in promotions

It always takes a punk like you to put your foot in it. Sounds to me that your bashing military leadership and experience. What would a coward like you know about being in the military or serving anything other than themselves? Maybe some of those military "slackers" have a little life experience. Maybe they learned not to sweat the small stuff? Maybe they learned to be lazy at SRSO? It is for sure that a punk like you has no knowledge of what it is to be in the military or be a military supervisor and leader. Just crawl back into your hole and shut up about things you have no knowledge of. Most all members of the military have had some type of in-residence supervisory schools, many with around 6 months. Why should military experience not be a factor? What kind of leadership skills are available for those not supervisors at SRSO? Dont say FTO--Thats a paid position with most only doing it for the money. You are right--military law enforcement is not the same as civilian. In military law enforcement you have to know and enforce the UCMJ, local and state law, US Code as well as understand complex jurisdictions set forth by the US Congress and President of the United States. But since a punk like you knows so much, I guess that you already knew that.

04-06-2009, 04:52 PM
Any word if the admin made any decisions?

04-06-2009, 05:39 PM
Nothing yet. The word is JS was called and was offered promotion again. Don't know if he accepted it. They must not have dismissed him from the top 5. I don't understand how they went al out for him and then after her turned down a promotion turn around and offer it again. Now the word is they may promote two to Lt replace the slot vacated by Capt. Floyd and a second to work the road, and if they do then two may be selected as sgts. We can only hope the admin doesn't screw around and drop the ball on us.

04-18-2009, 04:44 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oMMTloO1H-U&feature=related

The above link gave the admin the idea on the recent promotion.

That is exactly what the admin looked at when they decided on the 3 promotions. Lowered Expectations. All 3 fity the bill.