PDA

View Full Version : Decide for yourself

03-17-2009, 12:46 AM
i recieved my FOP propaganda letter. Why did you have to negative,you tell me whay you have done. I am sure the PBA will tell us what they can do and we can do what we need to do for the BETTERMENT of our department and ourselves. I feel if you scream that loud you are afraid someone may move your cheese. I for one want to see what both sides have to offer. I already know that PBA'S legal and Legislative efforts are far superior to FOP, so don't be negative convince me why i should allow you represent me.

03-17-2009, 08:54 PM
i recieved my FOP propaganda letter. Why did you have to negative,you tell me whay you have done. I am sure the PBA will tell us what they can do and we can do what we need to do for the BETTERMENT of our department and ourselves. I feel if you scream that loud you are afraid someone may move your cheese. I for one want to see what both sides have to offer. I already know that PBA'S legal and Legislative efforts are far superior to FOP, so don't be negative convince me why i should allow you represent me.

Maybe I got a different letter.....my letter states all the positive things that the FOP has done and reminds us of the good stuff that we got in the new contract. And as far as "superior" representation from PBA......talk to the jail deputies (the ones that have been here a few years) and talk to some of the more senior guys over at Escambia. There are just as many pros and cons with PBA as there are with FOP.

03-19-2009, 03:43 PM
But no one wants to admit that the issue with the 40 hour comp time bank is shaping up to be a disaster? The extra pay from outside sources is GONE.

Be sure to ask someone from either Narcotics or some working under the Marshall's grant before you try to shoot this one down.

03-20-2009, 02:54 AM
You mean since they can't get a fat check now until they bank 40 hours in comp. It's always about "ME ME ME" around here and if everyone would look at the big picture it would be a much better place.

03-23-2009, 08:34 PM
To the creator of this thread, let's get a couple of things in order here.

You said "i recieved my FOP propaganda letter."
My answer: A letter explaining to you what your benefits are with the FOP and telling you about an upcoming meeting is NOT propoganda.
Dictionary says Propoganda is the particular doctrines or principles propagated by an organization or movement.
I see that no where in the letter.

You said: "Why did you have to negative,you tell me whay you have done."
My answer: Where did you read negativity? It was a statement of facts. I have an overwhelming urge to fix your typing issues but I am refraining as it does prove a point for me.

You said: " I already know that PBA'S legal and Legislative efforts are far superior to FOP"
My answer: Really? How much time have you spent in Tallahassee witnessing this for yourself? If you are an FOP member, why don't you go to the Capital and actually witness the FOP's legislative efforts. You'd probably be surprised. Find out how many of these candidates WANT an FOP endorsement when running for office. How many people do you know that are on the FOP Legislative Committee? Did you know that our lodge actually has a person on the Legislative Committee?

Basically, the bottom line is this........do you want to keep your contract or not? By the vote it seemed many were happy about it.

03-24-2009, 07:26 PM
Personally I'm not looking for anything to NEED to change right now. Without jumping on any bandwagon I think the best thing would be for us as a whole to keep what we have in place. And no, I'm not affiliated with either the FOP or PBA...

We now have a contract in place. Is it perfect? No, but there are now certain protections for us, especially the seniority issue. From the result of the vote I hope that there is some agreement that at least something is better than nothing.

WE are looking at another budget reduction of AT LEAST two million, if my sources are correct. Obviously that means no raises but the concern should be as to how many deputies WE may lose due to the cuts. No raises, no new cars, and possibly less deputies.

So IF we get a new bargaining unit, the Sheriff possibly could (and can) void the current contract. Which means we could be back to having no contract in place, and again no protection, less than six months before the new SO budget kicks in. And finally, WHY would the Sheriff give a new barganing unit any more than what is already in place? The safe bet is that he would not.

So my decision is to keep with the current. Please give this some thought prior to the upcoming vote.

coondog
04-15-2009, 09:30 PM
The law requires that the current agreement stays status quo until a sucessor agreement is ratified...if a new representative is voted in.

04-15-2009, 09:44 PM
The law requires that the current agreement stays status quo until a sucessor agreement is ratified...if a new representative is voted in.

Can you advise where that is listed? Not wanting to doubt ya just would like to see it to believe it.