PDA

View Full Version : no money

03-16-2009, 08:11 PM
let's get this perfectly clear as of today there is no more MONEY for departmental overtime . What about Graduations!!!!!!! NUF SAID

03-16-2009, 10:02 PM
Graduation is not a Police Dept expense. It's paid out of DAC (Instructional Services). We cannot control fights, drug arrests, etc and other things that happen late in the day, that can't be put off till tomorrow. That will eat into the OT. It is not reasonable to expect our detectives to stay at home and let active personnel and/or criminal investigations to languish during the non-contract days (the biggie is summer). While summer school is a lot smaller this year, new personnel investigations pop up. That's either OT or a Commander or Major. There is still court. I've been to court during non-contract days, and I am certainly not unique. We get a minimum of three hours. There is also the Officer Friendly side that will be a PR problem, but not to us. I've already had to tell parents that I will have to talk to them and/or their child the next morning because of the OT issue. They are not happy, but they know its not a "me thing", its a District thing.