PDA

View Full Version : Communications

03-12-2009, 10:02 AM
Remember the e-mail that was sent out yesterday that Dispatch will be shut down this coming Sunday, except for their red phone. Remember that we have a grievance about poor communications. Now we will have even less for six or more hours. How hard would it have been to have all of the sergeants take a survey, of their officers, and ascertain what hours, if any, they are working details this Sunday. If the survey says, for example, that no one is working after 1400, then shut down Dispatch at that time, not when officers are working.

I hope that every officer that is working a detail Sunday has saved the e-mail and given a copy to their family. There is now documentation that officers who may find burglars/trespassers still on campus when they arrive, or have gang-bangers or others start a problem at the Lake Worth Flea Market, or see culprits casing a church parking lot, etc, have no communication. We have yet to have in-service training on how to chase and/or apprehend a suspect while having one hand occupied trying to hold a personal (since dept doesn't issue them to everyone) cellphone to your ear.

03-13-2009, 12:28 AM
CALL THE PBA, I AM SURE THEY WOULD LIKE TO KNOW, FWD THAT EMAIL TO KAZ.

03-15-2009, 03:29 AM
WAH WAH WAH WAH WAH WAH WAH WAH WAH WAH WAH WAH WAH WAH WAH WAH WAH WAH WAH WAH WAH WAH
JUST ANOTHER REAOSN FOR YOU FARTHOLES TO CRY.. WAH WAH WAH WAH WAH WAH WAH.....MY PENCIL IS BROKE... WAH WAH WAH.. I WANNA BE A DEPUTY SHERIFF BUT I CANT PASS THEIR HIRING PROCESS... WAH WAH WAH WAH WAH WAH WAH...MY WIFE IS SLEEPING WITH A FIREFIGHTER...WAH WAH WAH WAH...AND NOW SHE TOLD ME THAT THE KIDS ARE NOT MINE WAH WAH WAH WAH...

03-15-2009, 09:08 PM
Officer safety issues are not a "WHAH" matter. The PD puts every Officers life in jeopardy when they refuse to supply us with the correct and adequate tools to do our job; which in turn provides a superior level of service.

03-15-2009, 11:37 PM
You're darn right that safety issues are not an item to poke fun at. It also shows where the District's heart is. Friday was abysmal as Dispatch could not copy the officers transmissions, however its in the District better interests to spend $4,000,000 to buy a radio station, rather than see that its officers have a safe communications system. Our system looks like the Mayberry RFD re-runs to officers who have worked where, on a traffic stop, by the time the officer approaches the driver, the car, the drivers license, and the wants check have been performed.

PBSO Reserve
03-24-2009, 02:56 AM
You're darn right that safety issues are not an item to poke fun at. It also shows where the District's heart is. Friday was abysmal as Dispatch could not copy the officers transmissions, however its in the District better interests to spend $4,000,000 to buy a radio station, rather than see that its officers have a safe communications system. Our system looks like the Mayberry RFD re-runs to officers who have worked where, on a traffic stop, by the time the officer approaches the driver, the car, the drivers license, and the wants check have been performed.

Ummmmm why can't you switch over to the county system? Don't they have back-up channels available to use? Sounds like you guys need a new radio system and comm center.

04-05-2009, 08:45 PM
We need a new everything.