PDA

View Full Version : Hello

03-09-2009, 03:04 PM
I just wanted to stop in and let eveyone know that, despite my huge pay cut and my alleged insanity, I love Polk County S.O.; it's status as seven star accredited agency is well deserved.

I didn't get to tell a lot of you goodbye, but I can assure you I think about the friends I have a PCPD on a daily basis. Most of you have my number, please don't hesitate to call me if you need anything at all. My email address is traytowles@msn.com, so feel free to email me as well.

There was a lot of speculation as to why I left. Despite what some may think, my reasons for leaving were personal and it really had nothing to do with my dis-satisfaction with the Department or its administration.

Of course, those of you who knew me well should know that I have an opinion about everything and am not afraid to express it. With that being said, being on the outside looking in now, I have the ability to make a rational and unbiased assessment of the Department and my personal experiences there....without being accused of kissing ass.

I know a lot of people are angry with the Chief for one reason or another, but I am a firm believer that, whether he is right or not, the Chief truly does have the best of intentions when he makes a decision concerning the department or people within the Department. Try to give the guy a break...after all, he is only human. For that matter, give the rest of the admin a break too. They have a tough job, and they are good genuine pepole. Yes, they are about to retire, but personally speaking, each of them would go out of their way to help you, if needed.

You all have a great Department with limitless potential. Be smart and keeping looking toward the future...a great deal of you have the potential to run the place one day.

Thanks for the many happy years and all of the great memories.

Tray

03-12-2009, 03:16 AM
Tray, it's good to hear you are doing well and you are happy where you're at.