PDA

View Full Version : issues

02-27-2009, 04:18 PM
I hope this posting gets some adm attention. As some of us are finding out, the MCSO has been doing this illegal in the past when it comes to DAFs and there are some people stepping up to the plate and challanging the DAFs. Now it is time to fight for our right to get paid money, instead of comp. I found a law firm that had some good info.

According to the Federal Labor union, the following should be followed when paying overtime. From the website.......

Do any of these sound familiar?
The following are a number of common scenarios that often give rise to claims for unpaid overtime. If you have experienced any of these, you may be entitled to recover money for double your unpaid overtime wages. Contact us and we can give you more information and review your specific circumstances. You can submit your information using the convenient online intake form, send an email or call.

Your hours are averaged over 2 or more workweeks to determine overtime. If you work 50 hours one week and 30 hours the next (for an average of 40 hours per week), you are paid for 80 regular hours and no overtime.

You are required to be "on call" when you are not scheduled to work and must be able to report to work within a short period of time

You are not paid for overtime hours because you didn't "put in" or get permission to work, although your employer knows (or has reason to believe) you are doing the work. [/b]

Ramsay, we DO NOT have to get permission to work OT when we have something happen at the end of a shift. If this matter is not corrected, I am going to contact a private law firm to come in and chat with the adm. I am sick of this comp time even when you are not in the comp bank. This by no means is a threat; I am just giving the admin fair warning. The company I got the above info from, has won numerous lawsuits from departments throughout the US. Good day.

02-27-2009, 11:01 PM
Please someboby get on this with the FOP then. This has actually gotten worse since the election. Alot worse.
I'm hearing we won't see a raise this year either. Anybody else heard this?