PDA

View Full Version : Rob Marek

02-26-2009, 03:03 AM
You are a putz.

02-26-2009, 04:46 AM
Okay, I just got the phone call that the Chief dropped his letter at the council meeting because they would not allow the drop plan extension. I was not at the meeting what does RM have to do with it? Inquiring minds want to know?

02-26-2009, 12:07 PM
The chief brought up his desire to leave to counteract a stagnation argument within the department. It had nothing to do with RM.

02-26-2009, 01:15 PM
Okay, I just got the phone call that the Chief dropped his letter at the council meeting because they would not allow the drop plan extension. I was not at the meeting what does RM have to do with it? Inquiring minds want to know?

dont worry it passed!!!! want promoted? go somewhere else!!!!

02-26-2009, 06:56 PM
From a concerned resident:
In the article posted in the Sun Sentinel it states the mayor is asking for the Chief's input on his successor? Is this true? What a bad move all the way! Good luck to us all.... All this means is no change in how the police department is run. It is time for an outsider. To promote from within would be a tremendous mistake. Stagnation? Absolutely the case if we don't cycle out the command staff and introduce new direction. Extended the drop/retirement? for what? to give the same folks sitting around scratching their A$@# another two years to do it? What gives? :shock:

02-26-2009, 08:17 PM
It was bold to name LM as Chief. It worked well. Naming JL or HH would not be bold as they are both 2 years from leaving, now that the drop has been extended. The bold move? MD

02-27-2009, 04:47 AM
MD would not be a bold move, it would be a stupid move. If he did get named chief, I can assure you, he would promote his three nit wit buddies. Hopefully after their little scheme of trying to halt the drop extension we wont have to worry about that.

02-27-2009, 11:54 AM
Larry was chief?.. I didn't notice...

02-27-2009, 01:57 PM
From a concerned resident:
In the article posted in the Sun Sentinel it states the mayor is asking for the Chief's input on his successor? Is this true? What a bad move all the way! Good luck to us all.... All this means is no change in how the police department is run. It is time for an outsider. To promote from within would be a tremendous mistake. Stagnation? Absolutely the case if we don't cycle out the command staff and introduce new direction. Extended the drop/retirement? for what? to give the same folks sitting around scratching their A$@# another two years to do it? What gives? :shock:

I would gather that your not a concerned guest, cause you know too much of out inner politics. your just a fan a of three pukes who tried to block the extension, which FAILED!!! If you dont work here, you know nothing, if you dont work here, mind your business. The concerned ones who were behind the scenes whispering in the future mayors ear, running behind the union to past their own selfish adgenda, got shut out!!!! TOO BAD!!!!!!!
like it was written before... Want to get promoted? GO TO ANOTHER AGENCY!!!!! do the majority a favor, AND GO!!!! The majority wants the extented drop because they too know as well that 20 years in this profession comes pretty quick.

02-27-2009, 02:01 PM
MD would not be a bold move, it would be a stupid move. If he did get named chief, I can assure you, he would promote his three nit wit buddies. Hopefully after their little scheme of trying to halt the drop extension we wont have to worry about that.
Well he should have followed Kenny!! he had his chance, too bad he didnt go.. Sorry we dont need those elitist holy then now individuals in charge...

02-28-2009, 01:10 AM
Egotistical as defined by free internet search:

1) One who has become so ultimately consumed by their ego, that their entire view of the world and everyone in it is twisted. They usually perceive themselves as 'God's Gift to whatever.

2) A person whose ego exceeds both his intelligence and his capacity to see beyond his own personal interests.

3) A self-absorbed waste of oxygen who expects us to grovel at their feet like the unwashed masses they see us as.

4) Someone who talks just to hear themselves (because no-one else will listen)

5) being egoist, is loving, respecting and admiring yourself more than any other being in the World. when you simply think, you're the best.
in better words: your egoist when you start feeling sorry for someone because you don't love him/her:)

by Jen Shultz Aug 5, 2007

Word of the Day. Confidence is good, egotistical is bad.

02-28-2009, 02:15 AM
They not only made fools of themselves. The made a councilwoman look like a fool also. I'm sure she will think twice before getting conned by them again. She has definitley lost a lot of credibility. When a new chief is appointed I'm sure he will loook very closely at the Capt., Lt, and Sgt.'s whose true colors were revealed. You definitely don't surround yourself with guys like these.

02-28-2009, 02:58 AM
They not only made fools of themselves. The made a councilwoman look like a fool also. I'm sure she will think twice before getting conned by them again. She has definitley lost a lot of credibility. When a new chief is appointed I'm sure he will loook very closely at the Capt., Lt, and Sgt.'s whose true colors were revealed. You definitely don't surround yourself with guys like these.

Why should they be concerned for an extended drop. All they are concerned for is power, and they'll step on anyone or anything to get it..You see, old school never left. Support the people in the drop. they are our brothers and sisters. Time for the young ringleader and his tri-fecta to move on!!!

02-28-2009, 03:28 AM
Narcissistic personality disorder
1.has a grandiose sense of self-importance
2.is preoccupied with fantasies of unlimited success, power, brilliance, beauty, or ideal love
3.believes that he or she is "special" and unique
4.requires excessive admiration
5.has a sense of entitlement
6.is interpersonally exploitative
7.lacks empathy
8.is often envious of others or believes others are envious of him or her
9.shows arrogant, haughty behaviors or attitudes
Good morning to you too!!!!!!!!!!!!!

02-28-2009, 10:36 PM
Another cowardly post....... why dont you guys/gals say it to them .All you Plantation Cops are cowards!!! come due some real police work!!!!!! And if you got a problem with that just come see me i'm just east of you!!!

03-01-2009, 02:52 AM
Another cowardly post....... why dont you guys/gals say it to them .All you Plantation Cops are cowards!!! come due some real police work!!!!!! And if you got a problem with that just come see me i'm just east of you!!!

Whats that suppose to mean? We are a great agency with great police work being done everyday. We get the job done and them some. We actually do get along quite well most of the time, even when we differ. So a few of us have a difference of opinion on how a recent "internal issue" might have gone down. It has nothing to do with being a coward. You handle your business the way you feel fit, we will banter among ourselves if that's what we choose to do. Whatever you do, where ever you work, we will be there if you need help, I hope you would offer the same level of professionalism back west to your fellow brother or sister officer.

03-01-2009, 04:09 AM

Your agency is a crap hole and on the verge of take over by the S.O. so go back to your cesspool of a city and stay out of ours !!!!!!!!!!!!

03-01-2009, 04:13 AM
Yep, time to do as our leader and leave, why stay in a place that does not promote and there is no chance of movement.....it gets old doing the same ole forever, stagnation is def. a problem and there needs to be a cap on the time in a unit so we can all get a share of doing something besides the road. No I am not a roadie, just dont think its fair to those who are "stuck".

03-01-2009, 06:11 PM
Yep, time to do as our leader and leave, why stay in a place that does not promote and there is no chance of movement.....it gets old doing the same ole forever, stagnation is def. a problem and there needs to be a cap on the time in a unit so we can all get a share of doing something besides the road. No I am not a roadie, just dont think its fair to those who are "stuck".

Then by all means, Move the phuck on! stop your complaining... count how many are here. then count how many places there are to go. When your done the math doesnt work to move up or around.. There are plenty of other agencies to travel to. I suggest you place an application and good luck.

03-01-2009, 06:25 PM
[quote="yup YUP":38wu7d6a]Another cowardly post....... why dont you guys/gals say it to them .All you Plantation Cops are cowards!!! come due some real police work!!!!!! And if you got a problem with that just come see me i'm just east of you!!!

Your agency is a crap hole and on the verge of take over by the S.O. so go back to your cesspool of a city and stay out of ours !!!!!!!!!!!![/quote:38wu7d6a]
Anything east of us "is crap!" lol.. better check your map junior..or might I suggest going over the nine points on the other post, just in case you are mistaken.

03-11-2009, 01:52 AM
Ya'll are all kidding? Give MD the job. At least he can clean up the place? sad story that we're the shame in PD departments. MD or someone from the outside...
No more comfort blankets!

03-11-2009, 10:35 AM
Ya'll are all kidding? Give MD the job. At least he can clean up the place? sad story that we're the shame in PD departments. MD or someone from the outside...
No more comfort blankets!

guess you didnt get the warning, these nine points are why he's not the boy and worked himself into a corner..earning respect instead of demanding it is how you stay in one place. (thank goodness)
Narcissistic personality disorder
1.has a grandiose sense of self-importance
2.is preoccupied with fantasies of unlimited success, power, brilliance, beauty, or ideal love
3.believes that he or she is "special" and unique
4.requires excessive admiration
5.has a sense of entitlement
6.is interpersonally exploitative
7.lacks empathy
8.is often envious of others or believes others are envious of him or her
9.shows arrogant, haughty behaviors or attitudes

03-12-2009, 03:01 AM
Everyone thinks they know an egomaniac, don't they?

Preoccupation with success and power – They're obsessed with fantasies involving their own brilliance or beauty.

Arrogance – Their behavior is haughty, their attitude conceited and they show rage when frustrated, contradicted, or confronted.

Need for excessive admiration – Egomaniacs need attention, they want to be adored or, failing that, feared.

A sense of entitlement – They have unreasonable expectations and believe they deserve favorable treatment.

Exploitative – Happy to take advantage of others, they use people to get what they want.

Lack of empathy – Egomaniacs can't or won't acknowledge other people's feelings.

A belief of being unique – They believe that they're special and can only be understood by and associate with people of high status.

04-20-2009, 09:15 PM

and that would accomplish what? only prove what everybody else thinks. youre a classic example of a horrible person with a little juice in a little pond. "RETIRE"

05-01-2009, 01:53 AM
I dont know, if my perception is correct, the all the other jobs are not necessarily "greener on the other side". Maybe we should appreciate a little of what we have, quit the gossip.

Then by all means, Move the phuck on! stop your complaining... count how many are here. then count how many places there are to go. When your done the math doesnt work to move up or around.. There are plenty of other agencies to travel to. I suggest you place an application and good luck.

05-03-2009, 01:55 AM
well i heard it tastes like a penny

05-03-2009, 11:55 PM
Just get your quotas in per order.

05-04-2009, 01:05 AM
Just get your quotas in per order.

Yess sir boss man I have thoses #s in to pad that monthly for ya...
but to the gen public, its not a quota folks... lol!!!!!!!!!! right!!

05-06-2009, 01:10 AM
You guys are full of crap. you really need to be embarrassed with yourselves.
There are people not only losing their jobs left and right but there are people spending their days in the hot sun laying cables, building structures, picking up your trash, cutting grass and of course selling dope. All of whom are working harder than you. The most effort you put in on a given night is typing these witty responses.

Rob was right, the administration is wrong and should have backed him. Requiring you to perform some glimpse of police work is not a quota. Had you cry babies had even the slightest amount of creativity you all would have handed in 20 warnings a night, but then again that would have placed your time a quarter deck in jeopardy and God forbid one of those twenty cars had drugs or a warrant you would have been screwed and never would be able to get your lunch and two breaks in!

Oh yeah... and springs has been doing the exact thing Rob suggested for years now and there has been no supreme court battles over it...

05-08-2009, 01:52 AM
Whats up with the quota thing. Is someone giving someone credit when they catch a burglar or equal. That's the kind of quota i'm talking about ya know, police work, whats up with the traffic warnings dude. I need time to think about this one.

05-09-2009, 03:57 AM
You guys are full of crap. you really need to be embarrassed with yourselves.
There are people not only losing their jobs left and right but there are people spending their days in the hot sun laying cables, building structures, picking up your trash, cutting grass and of course selling dope. All of whom are working harder than you. The most effort you put in on a given night is typing these witty responses.

Rob was right, the administration is wrong and should have backed him. Requiring you to perform some glimpse of police work is not a quota. Had you cry babies had even the slightest amount of creativity you all would have handed in 20 warnings a night, but then again that would have placed your time a quarter deck in jeopardy and God forbid one of those twenty cars had drugs or a warrant you would have been screwed and never would be able to get your lunch and two breaks in!

Oh yeah... and springs has been doing the exact thing Rob suggested for years now and there has been no supreme court battles over it...

who ever you are pfft! No one heres complaining about their jobs.. Youve appraently have over stepped your so called knowledge of whats going on. Like we should bow down and be thankful that we have one. Well? we are but we dont do it by kissing a rear end...get it?
and as far as the economy is sinking there will be pleanty of work. One call at a time, there are no heros here. so quit your holy then now attitude and drink a big cup of shut the phuck up!
arse kisser!!!
and if your still complaining about not being able to move up, then MOVE OUT!!!! bunch of babies J.C.!!!!

05-10-2009, 01:38 AM
The comparison between your post an the life of a crack dealer are endless.

If they put half the effort the put into selling dope into a legitimate job, they'd be successful.

It you put half the effort into your job as you did that horse crap of a justification for laziness, you'd be moving up the chain. now run along I heard there is a loose dog that need your immediate expertise.

05-10-2009, 03:39 AM
Not a matter of moving up, that's not necessarily going to happen, but your comments on attempting to justify lazyness is right on the money for sure. We all usually have something to contribute, but it would be nice if someone would occasionally take notice. Some supervisors(???) find it a lot easier to find fault than to give a little praise. It not about some "quota" or if your one of the boys. Show up on our calls every once in a while and maybe you will see it first hand.

05-10-2009, 04:34 PM
What is this 3rd grade? "I need praise to do my job"? First you complain that you need your supervisor to get off your back and not treat you like a baby, now you say that you want your supervisor to show up on your calls and see how wonderful you are? You are just set on not being happy and blaming someone else for it.
you guys complain because RM shows up on your calls, you guys complain because RM asks you to once in a while act like its Halloween and pretend to do police work. Rob may not be perfect but he is a better supervisor than most, If you don't believe me then ask some of the guys who had to work under the human pastrami arm.
I have a wild idea, instead of looking for some praise how about looking for a little pride in what you do? Handling your calls is the bare minimum that is expected of you. How about actually trying to find and arrest those who have not been stumbled upon yet?

05-10-2009, 07:33 PM
OMG......please dont make anybody do anywork at night, at this rate all we need is 4 Officers on Alpha to answer calls.....wait and maybe one K9 and our DUI guy.......
Heaven forbid if your asked to do your job, yeah, the one YOU applied for and you took an Oath to uphold.....guess that doesnt apply....
Last time I checked isnt traffic enforcement part of "securing the roadways" and making them safe??
Too many LAZY people in this place, what gives ?? how do you all sleep at night (or day for some), its pretty sad when criminals can drive all around our city and basically take what they want with no fear of being stopped, while most of you are at Fire Stations or Shopping Plazas' surfing the net with your personal computer then get pissed off when you have to back one of us that choose to do some type of traffic to break up the driving of neighborhoods all night....
I fully support Marek and his decision to get some of you lazy Officers off your butts......I do remember back a while ago, this laziness would not be tolerated and half of you whiners would be long gone........I hope your job performance is reflected in your annual review........
Wait, I almost forgot, you dont care.............so what does it matter...???

05-10-2009, 10:47 PM
I agree with you 100% Here is my question though: Where is the cheif and his adminstration on this? How come they do not support a first line supervisor trying to establish the glimmer of basic standards? Has it all become about a quite Monday morning staff meeting? Don't most of you clowns live in the same city your too lazy or inept to protect?

05-11-2009, 02:03 AM
Not a matter of moving up, that's not necessarily going to happen, but your comments on attempting to justify lazyness is right on the money for sure. We all usually have something to contribute, but it would be nice if someone would occasionally take notice.

Tell me it isn't true that one of the laziest of all working out west in 2 zone isn't going into his computer and being 10-6 every night for the first hour to avoid getting calls until after the late shift goes 10-8. Or is that too much where he went to the Lieutenant and Captain when asked to do legit police work. Try buttoning your top button on your shirt like everyone else and tuck it in properly, this isn't NYPD, you'd look professional when you go 10-6 to avoid calls. Put him east where he isn't sitting at Quarterdeck or a fire station all night.

05-11-2009, 02:33 AM
Tell me it isn't true that one of the laziest of all working out west in 2 zone isn't going into his computer and being 10-6 every night for the first hour to avoid getting calls until after the late shift goes 10-8. Or is that too much where he went to the Lieutenant and Captain when asked to do legit police work. Try buttoning your top button on your shirt like everyone else and tuck it in properly, this isn't NYPD, you'd look professional when you go 10-6 to avoid calls. Put him east where he isn't sitting at Quarterdeck or a fire station all night.

MP is 10-6 right now on a quote business check and has been on those since we went 10-8. Could be worse. Just a couple years ago he would finish a call and not go 98 until it was written and wasted 20 more minutes just sitting. Or before the report system on the computer would go 10-6 PD after every call to type and print his reports while everyone else handled calls and did it the right way. He plants a good flower though.

05-13-2009, 01:39 AM
So when everyone works together are not things just a little bit better than all this BS. Locking up bad guys is what we are suppose to be doing. I'm a little confused about the lazy remarks, for the most part we are motivated and work together in getting the job done. Everyone cant be super cop or super sergeant. Hey I'm not saying things could not be a little better but we make our own beds last time I checked. Hey even the big fella had an arrest. No most of us dont need a pat on the back, but an thank you every once in a while would be nice. Its not all about good supervisors, good officers make a great shift fun to work on.

05-13-2009, 12:07 PM
The comparison between your post an the life of a crack dealer are endless.

If they put half the effort the put into selling dope into a legitimate job, they'd be successful.

It you put half the effort into your job as you did that horse crap of a justification for laziness, you'd be moving up the chain. now run along I heard there is a loose dog that need your immediate expertise.

First let me address your juvenile response( which I find not surprising). All calls for service require that "we" respond and handle them. If it be a 13p, 57, or yes even a animal complaint. Every shift has to address its issues and there are some issues more important than others depending the time of the day or night. Now, just because you took that oath, doesnt mean your better or worse than others or what you do makes you better or worse than any other individual here. If you like running up and down St RD 7 all night to "profile" and toss, well hey you are conducting yourself accordingly and I guess that makes your stats shine. Im not protecting others who are as not motivated or plain lazy. Its not our job or yours to call these people out. I use to work for RM and I had no personal issues with him. I disagreed with him from time to time, but we always worked them out and I think he truely cares about his personel and police work. In the end we all work together. Some more than others lol!!! If you dont like what some of these "officers" are doing, approach them, but calling them out here does nothing, wont change them and your still dealing with what ever issue you may have. So Im not justifing laziness. Some would do better if they got a kick in the rear end for motivation, others are self motivated. Thats human nature. If you have to cover for a lazy zone partner who always seems to be 10-06, im sure others in charge are addressing it the best they know how. Just handle your calls, close the flap and move on. I think the less you complain the more you might find that pat on your back your looking for.

05-13-2009, 12:49 PM
so... you post on a blog telling people they shouldn't post on a blog?
If you could also clarify your use of the word "profile" are you implying that guys stopping cars a "racially profiling"? I would love to hear your defense, i mean clearly you used an inflammatory term to get a response, but now I want you to say exactly what it is you want to say- Is it profiling because people are turning regular traffic stops into something more successful? Is it profiling because guys are putting in an effort you never did, or were never successful at?

It is always interesting to me how guys like you will share your wisdom with the rest of us poor leoaffairs posters when you are right here doing the same thing and clearly too lazy to read all of the posts. Had you read them you would see that the post you quoted was in defense of RM. But, I'm sure you were too busy covering for all those young, profiling guys on SR7. on behalf of young, "profiling", short sighted SR7 guys I would like to extend our deepest gratitude for both your wisdom and your street prowess.
AKA: go install your car set and shut up

Stanco sucks!

05-13-2009, 12:52 PM
Stanco sucks!

No really- He does

05-13-2009, 05:35 PM
I can't believe the complaining about the supervisors and officers on this blog. You guys had good supervisors at times and never gave them any props. There are more crappy supervisors than good but what about when McDonald, Pillado, Swaney, Mastrianni and Dourvetakis were on the road? You guys don't know good when it's right in front of you. We officers have a responsibility to each other to watch each others back. If you're lazy, just make sure your zone is quiet. If you like to stay busy, get with others that are like you and have a ball. There are plenty of places in the city to do both.

05-14-2009, 12:59 PM
so... you post on a blog telling people they shouldn't post on a blog?
If you could also clarify your use of the word "profile" are you implying that guys stopping cars a "racially profiling"? I would love to hear your defense, i mean clearly you used an inflammatory term to get a response, but now I want you to say exactly what it is you want to say- Is it profiling because people are turning regular traffic stops into something more successful? Is it profiling because guys are putting in an effort you never did, or were never successful at?

It is always interesting to me how guys like you will share your wisdom with the rest of us poor leoaffairs posters when you are right here doing the same thing and clearly too lazy to read all of the posts. Had you read them you would see that the post you quoted was in defense of RM. But, I'm sure you were too busy covering for all those young, profiling guys on SR7. on behalf of young, "profiling", short sighted SR7 guys I would like to extend our deepest gratitude for both your wisdom and your street prowess.
AKA: go install your car set and shut up

Stanco sucks!

Im sure he would love to directly hear that from you. Oh thats right you wouldnt do that but will here.
if you feel so strongly about your hate why dont you just grow a pair and walk up to him in the hallway and express it profiler!
See ya out there biatch!

05-15-2009, 02:40 AM
ok ok ok, finally figured it out.........the ones that are being called out as "lazy" are the smart ones.......think about it:

- they generate NO complaints
- there is NO risk to the city being sued for arresting anybody
- their stress level is NONE
- When they do make an arrest like the other night, they will get Officer of the Month because the only thing they did was catch a wheel thief in progress and totally disregard our K9 policy.....
- They get all their breaks
-Their cars dont break down because their not driven (thus benefit to city)
- They dont get behind in paperwork or get called in to fix reports
- AND they get paid the same ie; shift diff, o/t, base pay......

hummmm maybe they are onto something............just a thought...

05-15-2009, 05:05 AM
ok ok ok, finally figured it out.........the ones that are being called out as "lazy" are the smart ones.......think about it:

Speaking of the smart ones, oh wait. WTF, our oldest member who can't find his way around his zone or knows the correct time he works and turns off his radio a hour early to climb into bed. Dude, gets ONE call last night. Well after being 10-6 at the PD for a hour to finish his report from his ONE call the previous night. So one hour into the shift a basic baker act report, yet was 10-6 all night?

05-15-2009, 11:47 AM

- they generate NO complaints
- there is NO risk to the city being sued for arresting anybody
- their stress level is NONE
- When they do make an arrest like the other night, they will get Officer of the Month because the only thing they did was catch a wheel thief in progress and totally disregard our K9 policy.....
- They get all their breaks
-Their cars dont break down because their not driven (thus benefit to city)
- AND they get paid the same ie; shift diff, o/t, base pay......

hummmm maybe they are onto something............just a thought...

LMAO!!! Dude that too funny, you know there's truth in this post. You Sir have infamous wisdom beyond your years..
Stay safe!!

05-15-2009, 11:56 AM
[quote="got it !!!!!":5o0tkfw6]ok ok ok, finally figured it out.........the ones that are being called out as "lazy" are the smart ones.......think about it:

Speaking of the smart ones, oh wait. WTF, our oldest member who can't find his way around his zone or knows the correct time he works and turns off his radio a hour early to climb into bed. Dude, gets ONE call last night. Well after being 10-6 at the PD for a hour to finish his report from his ONE call the previous night. So one hour into the shift a basic baker act report, yet was 10-6 all night?[/quote:5o0tkfw6]

The "box of rocks?" yeah I know, but doesnt every department or shift shall I say have their pets? he works harder to avoid anything resembling "work" cause he's too busy doing details. Day shift has a pet of their own, and the only reason they protect her is because she's multi-ligual...and ole well they're basicly afraid to discipline her! Call it the sacred "cow" LOL!!
do not touch nor bother...

05-15-2009, 05:08 PM
The "box of rocks?" yeah I know, but doesnt every department or shift shall I say have their pets? he works harder to avoid anything resembling "work" cause he's too busy doing details. Day shift has a pet of their own, and the only reason they protect her is because she's multi-ligual...and ole well they're basicly afraid to discipline her! Call it the sacred "cow" LOL!!
do not touch nor bother...

Do the supervisors know he calls us all on every call to ask for directions and how to get the there? After how many years he still does this? It's not the first time he's gone out of service on a call and spent 6-7 hours figuring out how to write a simple police report. Regardless of being at home a hour early sleeping or out of service for the entire shift because he got one easy call, doesn't matter apparently. Buy a GPS for your car and stop calling us for how to get to calls in your own zone.

05-16-2009, 03:00 AM
This is too funny, you guys can make up a great story for Oprah to sell! 5 minutes until briefing - Damm the burglars get GPS maybe they donate one to the PD for the LOST OLD GUY(s).

05-17-2009, 02:55 AM
Re: US District Court Ruling.....
by Guest User on 05/15/09 23:33:52

I think Alpha already has this in testing phase. JS goes home at 6am, turns off his computer, radio and phone, gets undressed and goes to bed. It's similar to the rule K9 gets every shift to feed and take care of their dogs.

Re: 10-6 personal
by Guest on 03/30/09 21:31:47

I'm so lost wrote:
I love reading on the toilet. My passion for toilet reading is now almost at the point where I simply cannot go to the toilet without something good to read. It is almost an addiction. My toilet related reading addiction also wastes a lot of my work time. Midnights is always nice and peaceful, plenty of restrooms, good water pressure, and someone to cover your zone while your 10-6 personal. Would someone stop taking my USAToday I get from the Plantation Inn.

WHO LET THE DOGS OUT. PLEASE LETS NOT CONFUSE BS TIME OFF AND UNAVAILABILITY TO HANDLE CALLS WITH THAT OF OUR K-9 HANDLERS WHO MAKE MORE HIGH RISK APPREHENSIONS THAN ANY OTHER SHIFT COMBINED - NO I'M NOT IN K-9 BUT I SURE LOVE THEM PUPPIES. AND MY IMPRESSION IS THEY ARE ALWAYS WILLING TO COME OUT, EVEN WHEN THEY ARE NOT OFFICIALLY IN SERVICE. NOTHING LIKE 15 K-9 SHOWING UP FOR A PERIMETER WITH THE S HITS THE FAN. I WONDER IF DOGS READ? DO THEY GO 10-6 PERSONAL, I THINK NOT!

05-17-2009, 01:00 PM

I think Alpha already has this in testing phase. JS goes home at 6am, turns off his computer, radio and phone, gets undressed and goes to bed. It's similar to the rule K9 gets every shift to feed and take care of their dogs.

Re: 10-6 personal
by Guest on 03/30/09 21:31:47

I'm so lost wrote:
I love reading on the toilet. My passion for toilet reading is now almost at the point where I simply cannot go to the toilet without something good to read. It is almost an addiction. My toilet related reading addiction also wastes a lot of my work time. Midnights is always nice and peaceful, plenty of restrooms, good water pressure, and someone to cover your zone while your 10-6 personal. Would someone stop taking my USAToday I get from the Plantation Inn.

WHO LET THE DOGS OUT. PLEASE LETS NOT CONFUSE BS TIME OFF AND UNAVAILABILITY TO HANDLE CALLS WITH THAT OF OUR K-9 HANDLERS WHO MAKE MORE HIGH RISK APPREHENSIONS THAN ANY OTHER SHIFT COMBINED - NO I'M NOT IN K-9 BUT I SURE LOVE THEM PUPPIES. AND MY IMPRESSION IS THEY ARE ALWAYS WILLING TO COME OUT, EVEN WHEN THEY ARE NOT OFFICIALLY IN SERVICE. NOTHING LIKE 15 K-9 SHOWING UP FOR A PERIMETER WITH THE S HITS THE FAN. I WONDER IF DOGS READ? DO THEY GO 10-6 PERSONAL, I THINK NOT!

I second that. The cujo handlers are 10-08 in my book...Nothing like a little chomp chomp entertainment, its better than Oprah!!!!! LOL!!!!

05-17-2009, 10:25 PM

Since I posted the comment in the other topic regarding a officer who turns his radio and phone off, then goes to bed a hour early in the same sentence as K9's hour they get per shift. I just want to clarify, I am 100% behind our K9 unit. That in no way was meant to be a stab or open a topic on K9 at all. My apologies if it was taken that way.

I was referring to the time off of one officer and already read about how he was tied up all shift for a baker act and even lost on that. Reading the comments in this topic, how true it is with MP too always out of service on extra watches the first hour of his shift. Does he think he's fooling anyone that he's legitimately busy? Nah, he just doesn't care what others think or that me and other officers have to handle calls in his zone when he's playing those games to get out of calls. Laaaaaazzzzzzyyyyyy.

06-16-2009, 02:29 AM
http://www.ncjrs.gov/pdffiles1/jr000248d.pdf

07-05-2009, 03:52 AM
[quote="biaches"]http://www.ncjrs.gov/pdffiles1/jr000248d.pdf[/quote

Whats up with the sleep deprived midnight shift. Never sleep with both eyes closed.

07-12-2009, 10:09 AM
WTF !!! I hear the "M" is messing with our DUI guy making DUI arrests again.... guess he has to feel that he has to have total rein of Alpha.... or is doing his job (arresting DUI's) wrong to some......

07-12-2009, 12:23 PM
WTF !!! I hear the "M" is messing with our DUI guy making DUI arrests again.... guess he has to feel that he has to have total rein of Alpha.... or is doing his job (arresting DUI's) wrong to some......

Are we really surprised or do you not have all of the facts again. Trouble is as trouble does, whining babies everywhere, this is starting to make me laugh. Night night!

07-12-2009, 02:35 PM

I hope so. at least he's a sgt that does stuff out there and listens to the radio... keep up the good work R!!!

07-12-2009, 04:38 PM
Look at any dysfuctional police agency, yep thats us too. You cant help but notice the lack of leadership from the firstline supervisors. We have a SGT that in 5 short years has basically rendered 2 of the best units in this agency wothless (SWAT and SCU). But its not all his fault look at the admin who see a sinking ship and does nothing; oh BTW lets give him OFC of the Month. Other SGTs choose to spend there time fraternizing with there troops yes on duty, setting up perimmeters for them so that they will never get better at a profession that they choose to get into. Writing up officers for anonymous driving complaints, all while one of his officers just got in her 1,000,000 th sig 4, we will just sweep that under the rug for the time being. Awards, Ofc of the month what a joke. yeh call me a hater, guy cant even speak english on the radio much less make an arrest in OUR CITY . Call me a B*tch but this place is broke and what is happening right now is a DIRECT result of MORONS getting promoted for their own selfish reasons. Not all SGTs fit in to this catagory, but most do. This brings me to Rob M, I worked for him on B two years ago and was one of my better SGTs. God forbid that he ask some LAZY LAZY LAZY, oh did I mention LAZY slugs to just do 20 minutes of police work a night during their 8 hour shift. NO they had to go and whine and make a union issue out of it; these my friends are the real *****es.
Its a shme w/ 12 hour shifts there will be no promotions for the forseeable future, so those of us that would want to try to change wont get the opportunity until were are ready to leave the 8 year drop. I just find this thread ironic. Out of all the Horrible, tyranical, indiferent, obnoxious, stupid, lazy, selfish, SGTs we have, that this is the one that has "earned" his own thread.

07-12-2009, 05:21 PM
Its about time I thought I was the only one who noticed this :devil:

07-12-2009, 06:46 PM

I hope so. at least he's a sgt that does stuff out there and listens to the radio... keep up the good work R!!!

Do stuff out there ?? if you call harassing people to the extent that they DO NOT WORK doing something, you are perfect for this place. No, he doesnt do any thing, yes, he does "selectively" listen to his radio. Get your facts straight and stop kissing his arse you suck up. You guys have no idea what true leadership is and I am sorry that you have been tainted by the ways of these "ideal" officers that were promoted (based on default or who they know) to a leadership position. Its a sad state but nobody cares so guess it doesn't matter........

07-12-2009, 08:19 PM
All the kings hourses and all the kings men couldnt put PPD back togerther again.
Are you kidding me MOST (not all) of our delta units either: arent in the city when they are supposed to be, busy destroying specialized units, driving up to North FL, harassing people for the slightest stubble on their face, yelling and screaming at everyone (oh, he medicled out for being a sig 20, said it was A back issue), busy micro managing people, last but not least (like someone said a few posts back) fratanizing (sorry spelling) with the NERD HEARD and giving them arwards (from what i hear none of these "cops" ever misses a forty). Well at least they are not commiting crimes like some of the delta units from the 70's and 80's; yes I remember being here when that was swept under a rug. Funney 20 years later same idiots they just go by differnt names. Oh almost forgot about the ones who cant even make a simple command decision.
"SOME TIMES THE WORST DECISION IS NOT MAKING ONE AT ALL"

07-12-2009, 09:21 PM
It's hurricane season, lets stick together until at least November 1st, we might need some help putting plastic covering on our roofs. We (I) sound like a bunch of brothers busting balls over who left the twinky box empty. Little fun is good for the heart, so hopefully nobody takes these sites to serious. PEACE!

07-12-2009, 10:24 PM
You are mixing up the difference between a supervisor who is "involved" and one who's micro managing. Micro managing has never been good. Ever. It belittles and frustrates workers. Rob Marek absolutely sucks as a supervisor. Period. He sucked as a cop and he sucks as a supervisor. PERIOD. Anyone who says different is only one of the few little butt buddies he has left.

07-13-2009, 12:43 AM
You are mixing up the difference between a supervisor who is "involved" and one who's micro managing. Micro managing has never been good. Ever. It belittles and frustrates workers. Rob Marek absolutely sucks as a supervisor. Period. He sucked as a cop and he sucks as a supervisor. PERIOD. Anyone who says different is only one of the few little butt buddies he has left.

OUCH! Call the United Health Care service provider for a supportive ear.

07-13-2009, 11:02 PM
All of you are big arse BABIES!!!! cry cry cry... If you did your JOBS, yeah thats right jobs. you might not anything to complain about. And to the poster whos states he or she has been here long enough to remember. well for your info it was horrible back in the days and to compare then to now, your an idiot. It was WAYYYY worse back then... I would hope that if half of you were in a sgt position ,that you could do the job of supervisors. However I agree there are some who are flat out lazy and cranky.. stop worrying about what they are doing and just shut up and go to the call. If you spent half the energy complaining into working maybe you would be ingnored by a bad sgt.
Ive never seen a set of bigger spoiled babies then here at this agency... ME ME ME ME..... grow up.. grow a pair and confront the sgt that you have an issue with. Nothing will probably get done, but at least he knows where you stand, instead of ranting here.
NOW GO 10-08 and shut up!!!

07-13-2009, 11:12 PM

Do stuff out there ?? if you call harassing people to the extent that they DO NOT WORK doing something, you are perfect for this place. No, he doesnt do any thing, yes, he does "selectively" listen to his radio. Get your facts straight and stop kissing his arse you suck up. You guys have no idea what true leadership is and I am sorry that you have been tainted by the ways of these "ideal" officers that were promoted (based on default or who they know) to a leadership position. Its a sad state but nobody cares so guess it doesn't matter........

I dont see your spinless arse doing anything about it, other then I may guess your one of the big babies hiding on midnights to avoid the call volume.. you seem to have lots of personal knowledge of the idividual. heres a clue.. your not going to change or make any impact here. Im not as well, but im not the one crying in my beer over a so called bad selected sgt. get use to it, thats the way things roll around here.
there are plenty of unemployeed people ready to step into your car and zone. meaning? work, what a concept, maybe you wont have to monitor the sgt if you stay busy?

07-17-2009, 04:48 AM

I dont see your spinless arse doing anything about it, other then I may guess your one of the big babies hiding on midnights to avoid the call volume.. you seem to have lots of personal knowledge of the idividual. heres a clue.. your not going to change or make any impact here. Im not as well, but im not the one crying in my beer over a so called bad selected sgt. get use to it, thats the way things roll around here.
there are plenty of unemployeed people ready to step into your car and zone. meaning? work, what a concept, maybe you wont have to monitor the sgt if you stay busy?

STAYING BUSY is NOT allowed on midnights, can only watch so many DVD's and surf the net so much then what ??.... gets old not being able to be a COP !!!!!! oh well, the majority love doing nothing, but thats not what some of us swore to when we took this job........

07-17-2009, 07:51 PM

STAYING BUSY is NOT allowed on midnights, can only watch so many DVD's and surf the net so much then what ??.... gets old not being able to be a COP !!!!!! oh well, the majority love doing nothing, but thats not what some of us swore to when we took this job........

If thats so stop being a big phuzzy and report it, seeing its such a concern for you. Otherwise F.O. and go back under your rock.

07-18-2009, 08:10 AM
[quote="WTF!!!":3338ha1a]WTF !!! I hear the "M" is messing with our DUI guy making DUI arrests again.... guess he has to feel that he has to have total rein of Alpha.... or is doing his job (arresting DUI's) wrong to some......

If thats so stop being a big phuzzy and report it, seeing its such a concern for you. Otherwise F.O. and go back under your rock.[/quote:3338ha1a]

You my friend are a typical co-worker here at PPD.............you are so professional in your words and seem like such a caring person............thats why I love you guys......

07-18-2009, 06:10 PM
Yep they sure are a caring bunch, but when your sometimes discouraged to go out and get the job done its no wonder some are down.

07-18-2009, 11:50 PM
Yep they sure are a caring bunch, but when your sometimes discouraged to go out and get the job done its no wonder some are down.

Im in such awe from this quote, words escape me..Just for you, Ill turn a new leaf and let you continue to ramble. LOL!!!!!

07-19-2009, 04:49 PM
whats up there leaf droppers? Any seeds gonna sprout?