PDA

View Full Version : Training and Hiring

02-25-2009, 05:29 AM
How long does the Hiring Process at PCPD usually take? And once hired what is the training/fto like? How long till you usually receieve a take home? How do the schedules run?

02-25-2009, 05:40 PM
You don't want to work for PCPD at least right now, watch the news and when something big happens, then apply. It has the potential to be a great agency its just that a certain person needs to be removed.

02-26-2009, 07:18 PM
Currently the department is short half a dozen positions and taking applications. It will take anywhere from 1-6 months for the hiring process depending on the readiness of the Chief/City to hire. After being appointed you will be subjected to a 2 week orientation and a four month FTO process at which time you will be provided with a take home car if you complete the process. It is a good department consisting of about 61 of the best people I have ever worked with. Some people are grumpy as posted above, but you will find that everywhere. I recommend coming in and speaking with Det. Maurer who is in the training division. I saw him giving a tour of the department earlier to a possible applicant and he will give you the information you require.

02-27-2009, 03:21 AM
I would not say that I am grumpy but rather experienced and knowledgable. I did not say that the agency was bad, its a great agency with alot of potential. Either you are a rookie that cant see the forest for the trees or a seasoned officer that is very nieve. Say what you want to but there is a big problem with the adminstration and until that changes PCPD will not be the agency it has the potential to be.