PDA

View Full Version : encouraged

02-17-2009, 11:50 AM
IN MY LITTLE OPINION, I JUST WANTED TO SAY THAT I'M ENCOURAGED ABOUT OUR DEPARTMENT. IF YOU LOOK AT WHAT WE ALL HAVE BEEN THROUGH OVER THE PAST 3 YEARS, I THINK YOULL AGREE THAT WE ARE A STRONG DEPARTMENT. BY THAT I MEAN, LOOK AT HOW WE HAVE PULLED TOGETHER. THERE IS VERY LITTLE, IF ANY BACK STABBING OR BITING, EVERYONE IS DOING WHAT THEY CAN TO KEEP THE DEPARTMENT GOING. FROM THE NEWEST TO THE MOST SENIOR OFFICER. I REALIZE THAT THERE IS STILL SOME DEAD WOOD TOWARDS THE TOP, BUT OTHER THAN THAT I AM FEELING REALLY GOOD ABOUT OUR DEPARTMENT. I LOOK FORWARD TO THE CHALLENGES OF A NEW CHIEF, AND HOPE THE CITY MANAGER WILL GET ON BOARD SOONER OR LATER. ON THAT NOTE, TALKING WITH OTHER CITY EMPLOYEES IT APPEARS THE POLICE ARE NOT SINGLED OUT BY HIS LACK OF ATTENTION. WHETHER OR NOT THAT IS A GOOD THING, I DON'T KNOW, BUT AT LEAST WE ARE ALL IN THIS TOGETHER. IF YOU DON'T BELIEVE ME LOOK AT WHERE WE WERE 3 YEARS AGO, WITH SANDVIK, HIS GOING OUT, WILLIAMS' YEAR, AND NOW A 3RD CHIEF IN LESS THAN 3 YEARS. AND HERE WE STAND!! NOW IS THE TIME THAT WE STAY UNITED, DO OUR VERY BEST TO PROMOTE A GOOD IMAGE TO THE CITIZENS, GO THE EXTRA MILE TO BE CURTOUSY TO ALL WE ENCOUNTER AND PREPARE FOR A NEW CHIEF. TOGETHER WE STAND, DIVIDED WE FALL! LIKE A MARRIGE SPEACH-"WHAT WE HAVE BROUGHT TOGETHER, LET NO MAN/WOMAN TEAR APART!"

02-18-2009, 03:46 AM
I couldn't agree more; I was beginning to think I was alone. You are oh so correct in pointing out ALL we have been through together. Im not sure why the CM is dragging around, I figured it was just another way of messing with us. No one seems to really have a good idea of what the status is and all the rumors aren't helping. Keep your head up and hope the end is near.

03-05-2009, 11:05 PM
It is truly encouraging to see members of the agency with positive commentary. As one of the applicants in the selection process I can tell you the process is moving forward. Keep the faith and positive attitude as that will go a long way.

JoeFriday
03-06-2009, 09:54 PM
It is truly encouraging to see members of the agency with positive commentary. As one of the applicants in the selection process I can tell you the process is moving forward. Keep the faith and positive attitude as that will go a long way.
Other then moving forward, any other insight? Are the names of canidates posted anywhere?

03-08-2009, 01:48 AM
ask around the p.d., several people know the names

JoeFriday
03-08-2009, 02:12 AM
ask around the p.d., several people know the names
I heard some of the local names but none of the out of area applicants, any prospects?

03-08-2009, 03:01 PM
i know pudge has them, if someone wants to get with him and have him post them here.

JoeFriday
03-10-2009, 02:41 PM
i know pudge has them, if someone wants to get with him and have him post them here.
C'mon Pudge, post if you got them, I know it went from 17 to a few more names.

03-11-2009, 12:43 PM
per the many request;

A+ Michael Clancey (Texas)
A+ William Colarvlo (Philly)
A+ Joe Hall (Panama City)
A+ William Tokajer (Ellenton, Fl)
A Thomas Button (Maine)
A Larry Cavalaro (Mulberry)
A Robert Davis (Jupiter)
A Randle Dilling (Port Charlotte, Fl)
A V. Lavoyed Hudgins (Kentucky)
A John Kearin (Illinois)
A Michael Ross (Tallahassee)
A Phillip Smith (New Hampshire)
A Lee F. Spector (Cooper City, Fl)
(B+ people all from Florida)

B+ William Davis (Plant City)
B+ Rule Durrance (Ft. Meade)
B+ Walter Zalisko (Port Orange)
B+ Rudy Binas (St. Cloud)
B+ Stanley Sunday (Defeniak Springs)
B+ Leonard Mitchell (Lake Worth, Fl)
B+ Phillip Amabile (Tamarac, Fl)
B+ James Cummings (Davis, Fl)

*Disclaimer*, the spelling of the names should be close. The city represents which city they reside and not the agency in which they are currently employed.

This is the most recent list I have.

03-11-2009, 09:50 PM
Thanks for the info, let the "google-ing" begin!

03-12-2009, 05:40 AM
I'm curious- how did the grading system come about? Who drafted it & what merits did they use to create it to score the candidates? The mailed questionnaires were only due back a few days ago- there's no way the responses could've been reviewed already, much less rated.

03-12-2009, 10:06 AM
From what Ive been told the grades were assigned by the chiefs assoc that collected the resumes.

03-13-2009, 06:45 PM
The questionnaires were due in today, 03-13. The word is the new chief will be hired with in the next 35 days.....or so.

03-14-2009, 08:24 PM
I dont believe it will happen that soon. The CM is obviously in no hurry!

03-15-2009, 07:00 AM
true and i remember when they were saying he would be here by march. i remember when aj said they were going to fund us and not sit around and do nothing. i remember......but i also remember when things were a lot tougher to work here because of certain people that are now gone.

so i agree, things are better than they were, best to stay hopeful.

03-15-2009, 11:48 AM
word is only 7 or 8 candidates turned in the questionnaire. only 7 people out of the orginal 100 or so original candidates! and of those who responded, how many are going to be chosen to continue in the process? not exactly a vast pool to choose from.

03-16-2009, 07:30 PM
if i wasnt in the top 7 or 8 i probly wudnt have turned the q in either. in the real word, if ur not near the top u prob dont have the good of a chance to get the job anyway.

03-16-2009, 10:48 PM
Let's be real, if Deal has drug her feet up to this point, I doubt that she will wrap this up in 35 days. Maybe we should be looking for a new City Manager at the same time. I pity the poor guy that takes the job. Anyway, anyone had any luck with the top names? Anyone know them or know someone that we can call?

03-17-2009, 10:28 AM
Let's be real, if Deal has drug her feet up to this point, I doubt that she will wrap this up in 35 days. Maybe we should be looking for a new City Manager at the same time. I pity the poor guy that takes the job. Anyway, anyone had any luck with the top names? Anyone know them or know someone that we can call?

*Wrong city I think* Deal is dragging her feet in HC. Long is dragging his feet in Bartow* But maybe dragging your feet in high mangement positions is a training class for C.M.s that no one else has been to. It could be a stratigy. I highly doubt it, but lets face it, HC hasn't been with a CHIEF for what 6 months. Bartow is pushing two years. During the vote Long was asked by a commisioner how long would it take to find a chief. Long responded with 90 to 120 days. That time has come and gone. I think everyone needs to realize that Long does not give a $hit about the agency or the city all together. He was going to be Bartows night in shinning armour after delegee. But I can't think of one thing he has done better or different than Delegee. No money during union talks, no decisions, no improvements, no hurry to do ANYTHING. Are the commisioners HIS boss, I would like to know what they are thinking at this point! Has anyone other than the commish even met this guy yet (LONG) yet?

03-18-2009, 01:29 AM
I have talked to a bartow fireman and he told me Long has spoken with them and he was very cordial to them and told them they needed higher pay....

I agree with the above poster, i think Long doesnt give a crap about us and is working us out the door.

03-18-2009, 02:14 AM
If you talked to a fireman as you say, you were lied to. Long hasn't stepped foot into our house! So either the fireman you talked to was full of $hit or you are full of $ hit. I don't know which one but somebody is full of it and I'm guessing YOU!

03-18-2009, 07:57 PM
Look, bunkbandit,

I never said he went in your "house" and I was told what I said from a fireman from BFD.

Be nice, or next time you want us to make A SCENE SAFE from a 85 year old bed ridden woman who is "combative" we will take our time.

BTW don't you have another building to let burn down...I hear the chamber of commerce has some extra steaks laying around...

03-18-2009, 08:22 PM
Look, bunkbandit,

I never said he went in your "house" and I was told what I said from a fireman from BFD.

Be nice, or next time you want us to make A SCENE SAFE from a 85 year old bed ridden woman who is "combative" we will take our time.

BTW don't you have another building to let burn down...I hear the chamber of commerce has some extra steaks laying around...

Wow, that was mature. You did say that the fireman said he has spoken to "US" which eludes that he has spent time with them. After reading your post I spoke to every firefighter at the BFD, since we were all together this afternoon and everyone said you must be lying, cause non of the firemen have spoken to him regarding your post including the chief. So you can get defensive if ya want and talk down to me or the FD even though I won't sink to your level and do that same. The FD and PD have always had a good relationship and I will do what I can to support that relationship. If I remember correctly firemen stood up at the merger meeting on your behalf, b/c you guys couldn't! If that isn't support I don't know what is.

03-19-2009, 12:52 AM

Look, bunkbandit,

Wow, that was mature. You did say that the fireman said he has spoken to "US" which eludes that he has spent time with them. After reading your post I spoke to every firefighter at the BFD, since we were all together this afternoon and everyone said you must be lying, cause non of the firemen have spoken to him regarding your post including the chief. So you can get defensive if ya want and talk down to me or the FD even though I won't sink to your level and do that same. The FD and PD have always had a good relationship and I will do what I can to support that relationship. If I remember correctly firemen stood up at the merger meeting on your behalf, b/c you guys couldn't! If that isn't support I don't know what is.

To all the firemen that supported the PD during that merger crap, allow me the time to say THANK YOU!!. Firemen did stand up for us and speak what we couldn't SO again thank you. Please disregard what ever the bumb has stated in the past and what he/she may have to say after this post. I too have spoken to a many of firemen, including the chief and all have told me that have not talked with the city manager. I think this officer (if they really are an officer) is trying to start drama. There really is no telling who this person may be and we will never know, which is probably better that way. Anyway, to firedog, thank you and your coworkers, to the previous poster, GROW UP!

03-19-2009, 06:01 PM
To my fireman friend, please be careful responding to the gibberish you see posted here. I dont know who that was, but believe me, BPD has nothing but respect for BFD.

03-19-2009, 06:49 PM
i guess I am kinda strange but when someone says I am full of shit and calls me out I respond in kind.

im also sorry that one of your firemen is a liar. i don't know if he was trying to make himself look good, or the fd look good, i honestly don't.

but it doesnt change the fact that i was told that by a bfd.

i have no probs with most fireman at bfd. but firedog call me a liar and jumped on me and that called for a smackback.

if firedog hadnt jumped on me the way he did, i wouldnt have jumped his ass.

03-19-2009, 08:06 PM
easy enough i.d. the fire fighter you talked to. Do it by i.d. number if need be. Then Firedog can be put in his place.

03-19-2009, 08:20 PM
im not trying to put anyone in thierr place. im not trying to start a bunch of crap with anyone at bfd either. i relayed information that i heard and thats it. im sorry if people don't like what i said. firedog came onscene and started throwing insults at me so i gave some of it back to him. like i said in the above post if firedog hadnt come on this site and started throwing insults he wouldnt have got it back.

03-20-2009, 10:30 AM
Gentlemen, please, huh,,,were arguing and binkering over something we can't control. Lets move on in a positive direction. Lets agree on one thing, Long doesn't like anyone. Its just easier that way.

03-24-2009, 12:05 AM
I don't have a lot of info on the others but I can say you guys will be sorry if they pick William Tokajer from Bradenton Police. He has a lot of baggage and checkered past but he is where is now due to our prvious mayor and him taking care of him. Bill Tokeajer is know as the teflon man as he can do anything he wants and nothing ever happens to him. Good luck guys and watch your back if he gets in. Someone from your agency needs to do some digging on this one and maybe look up some past capias requests (years ago) with his name on them at the SAO. Also pull the Carmichael internal file and you will find out a lot about him and his ways. We would love to loose him but he's done in May anyway in a "layoff" of our top 4 in the drop program. I would hate to see you guys have to inherit him.

03-24-2009, 12:28 AM
Any information is greatly appreciated.

03-24-2009, 01:13 AM
The following was a quote about WIlliam Tokajer from the Bradenton Police board.

"Like any high ranking Official he has his enemies who are going to dog him. Bottom line for me is: do your job and you will have no problems with him.

He is a smart guy, knows the job and is very much pro WORKING officer.

May have been alittle wild in his younger days(15-20 YEARS AGO) that people dog him for but is now blessed as we say because when you ask him how he is ---- he responds blessed. I think he went back to church when he was shot in the line of duty some years ago and thanks God he is still alive. Says blessed to thank God for that. (why anyone would make fun of that is beyond me)

His mother is dying right now and he is staying with her. We wish him our best with his mom.

I think you would be pleased with him if you got him.

OK now the evil people with a personal or political agenda can now dog him on this blog"

03-24-2009, 01:20 AM
The past post dogging Tokajer is a past officer who knows not what he speaks of. The statement of "We would love to loose him but he's done in May anyway in a "layoff" of our top 4 in the drop program." is old and shows it is written by a past ex-officer probably fired for cause. The council did not approve the restructuring of the agency if it included layoffs of administrators.

Also you may want to try using the spell check.

03-26-2009, 06:41 AM
IT'S FUNNY HOW THE WORD "DOG" IS NOT ONLY USED IN A QUOTE BY TOKAJER, BUT ALSO BY THE POSTER SPEAKING POSITIVE ABOUT HIM....I WONDER IF THE ARE THE SAME PERSON.

03-29-2009, 04:28 AM
Yea Bill, did you respond yourself? Just the comment about his wild days from years ago makes you think, is that who you really want or do you want someone that has been 100% professional for their entire career? He is acting like the rest on the inmates we see go through the court system, I found god so all should be okay now. I prefer the person that has an uncheckered past, not a reformed one. :devil: