PDA

View Full Version : Potential Harrassment

Liza
02-15-2009, 09:47 PM
I am being targeted by my neighbors some are members and/or very close relatives to law enforcement in the Sheriff's Department.

Facts: I have lived in my home since 2001
I have never had any problems with my neighbors until recently.
My boyfriend, who lives with me, is a registered sex offender.
He has lived here since 2007
Neighbor is trying to sell her home
Neighbor asked if we would do something about an old car that we had in our driveway
I agreed it was an eyesore and covered it. I also offered to move the car if a potential buyer was coming to see her house
I also advised that we were trying to sell it
Everything seemed okay but county code enforcement was called by someone. Was no problem as car was registered and insured
Car was finally sold

Law enforcement employee has rallied up the neighbors - you can cut the tension when you drive in with a knife - for years they never socialized with each other but now they are all best buddies

This week: Tuesday night - I am not home - "someone" calls Sheriffs department because dogs can be heard barking. Dogs were locked in my house. Yes, I'm in violation as dogs could be heard on the street.

Wednesday night - i return home around 10:30 and within 5 minutes two patrol cars come to my house. They say someone reported loud noise. I say, we just got home from a friends house. I do lose my cool, which I will never do again, because I'm disappointed and angry that in my 52 years on this earth, I have never had any visits by police in my life, let alone 2 in one week. I ALSO AM AMAZED THAT THE POLICE SHOWED UP SO QUICKLY FOR NOISE. I feel like, and I hope I'm wrong, that someone has some PULL on the inside.

This is scaring the ever living life out of me. I'm afraid of what they may do next. I installed on Friday an $1800 surveillance system on the outside of my home. I'm not suggesting that someone would do something to intentionally "set me up" but I'm freaked out. I have been an emotional wreck since the Wednesday incident. My nerves are so shot, I am making an appointment in the morning with a doctor. I feel like I'm a prisoner in my own home and can't believe that this is happening to me.

I don't know what they are going to do next and need some advice.
HELP

02-16-2009, 06:22 PM
I agree, you're in a tough predicament, but the fact that your live-in boyfriend is a convicted sex offender is the crux of your problems. Let's face it, his life will never be normal again (for good reason) and neither will yours as long as you're with him. If you realize this, then you must be aware why neighbors don't want you (him) in their community. They don't feel safe, especially for their children, and you can hardly blame them. In their minds they are doing whatever possible to protect themselves and their kids...and I might add at whatever means.

I wrote the above to help you understand my answer to your problem. I don't know that there is much you can do. My best advice is to stay clean and watch what you do so when they call the cops and watch you there is ultimately nothing for you to get in trouble for. You could move, but it will all start over again unless you have no neighbors. If you would have said you had neighbors vandalizing your property or setting your house on fire, etc..., then you would have something to worry about and some good recourse to take. But, however, that does not appear to be the case. If I were you I'd get used to what you are viewing as harassment because that's what your boyfriend signed up for and what society thinks he needs to stay in line.

Good luck!

08-03-2009, 01:13 PM
Interesting story. First, you need to know WHY the guy is a registered sex offender. the category is WAAAAAy to broad. It conjures up images of a blatant child molester, when the guy could have gone to far on a prom date. He would still be wrong, but does that make him a sex offender? It happened to a friend and he got some jail time and probation, and now he is married to the girl that he was arrested over. that stigma will never go away, unless the governor expunges his record and he has to wait 7 years for that to happen. There should be a special category for sexual predators that molest children, use violence, or stranger on stranger. At least we would know if they are truly perverts, or 1 wrong guy listening to his youthful hormones. Sexual battery is never condonable, but 2 teens on a date, could have their lives ruined forever. It's a parents responsibility to teach morals to their kids, and not leave it up to the schools. If this lady utilizes her new surveillance system, iot will help. since a barking dog complaint is public record, she can get a copy of the report, if it wasn't cleared c/o, then try to meet her neighbors and make friends, if that;'s possible. good luck, Maam.

08-30-2010, 03:49 AM
I can provide relief from this harassment, please provide your coordinates as determined by google or gps.
The truth is LEOS always break laws, LEOS that's don't believe they do break laws should examine the Fed Statutes.
Your shield will not protect you!
Will you donate all of your retirement and assets to make a Sex Offenders life miserable?
LEOS should consider their family first before jumping on the John Walsh scumbag bandwagon.
John's son had his head cut off, his zeal is understandable, LEOS yours is not.
We may have been apathetic to LEOS in the past, now we are watching.
Good Day :-)