PDA

View Full Version : Deputy Accused Of Attempting To Flee Officer

02-11-2009, 06:26 PM
http://www.wftv.com/news/18691350/detail.html

Wednesday, February 11, 2009

VOLUSIA COUNTY, Fla. -- A Volusia County deputy is on suspension with pay after being arrested for attempting to run from officers.

Deputy Omar Lopez's had a wide grin on his face when he took his mug shot. He was arrested Tuesday, accused of fleeing from an Edgewater officer.

Lopez was in his personal car at the time. He has been with the sheriff's office since March 2004.

02-13-2009, 04:05 PM
Deputy Smiles In Mug Shot After Fleeing Police

http://www.wftv.com/volusiacounty/18691350/detail.html

VOLUSIA COUNTY, Fla. -- The man grinning in his mug shot is a Volusia County deputy and he's accused of taking local cops on a high-speed chase with his motorcycle. It all started when Edgewater police tried to pull over deputies Omar Lopez and Austin Littleton.

Police said the deputies were speeding and driving recklessly on their motorcycles, but the officers told Eyewitness News they had no idea they were pursuing deputies.

There was an officer posted in a parking lot when he saw two men on motorcycles speeding past him; one was doing a wheelie. As soon as police followed them, they sped up and disappeared into a neighborhood.

Lopez was smiling when he was booked into jail Tuesday, even though the five-year sheriff's veteran is facing a felony charge, accused of running from Edgewater police.

"I think that they really needed to stop and think what they were doing, and especially the one that took off from the scene and kept on going," said Paulette Tubbs, Edgewater Police Department.

Lopez was spotted on US-1 Tuesday with Deputy Austin Littleton. Both were on personal motorcycles when an officer saw them going 60mph in a 35mph zone. They did eventually pull over, but Lopez wasn't about to stay there.

"The other officer stopped and then took off again from that position," Tubbs said.

More officers joined the pursuit and Lopez was spotted again near Oak Hill, where he appeared to be hiding behind a gas station. Again, he sped away.

It wasn't until police checked the ID of the other motorcyclist that they realized they were dealing with off-duty deputies. Police reports said a sheriff lieutenant was called to the scene. He compelled Littleton to give up Lopez and police arrested the 34-year-old in his New Smyrna Beach home.

Police insist, the pair were done no favors.

"No, no, no, 'cause they did not know that they were deputies," Tubbs said.

While Deputy Littleton was stopped and getting three tickets for his part in it, his cell phone rang and it was Deputy Lopez. The sheriff lieutenant who was on scene grabbed the phone and answered it, only to have Lopez hang up on him.

Both men were suspended with pay Wednesday morning while the sheriff's office investigates.

Whatever
02-26-2009, 05:55 PM
Let me guess...the "investigation" is over and they are back at work? Yeah, that's the M.O. of the VCSO.

02-28-2009, 04:29 AM
Let me guess...the "investigation" is over and they are back at work? Yeah, that's the M.O. of the VCSO.

You should check things out before engaging your uneducated mouth. Find out what really happened first, then make your comment. I presume that you are not VCSO as we are trained to gather the facts first. Sorry you didn't make the cut when your tried to get a job with us. If you don't know the results, why post inflamatory and baseless comments on this site?

03-15-2009, 12:11 PM

You should check things out before engaging your uneducated mouth. Find out what really happened first, then make your comment. I presume that you are not VCSO as we are trained to gather the facts first. Sorry you didn't make the cut when your tried to get a job with us. If you don't know the results, why post inflamatory and baseless comments on this site?

Baloney! We know how VCSO works and what you say is not truthful, which goes right along with the way VCSO works!

One thing that makes me smile is that we can tell who the suck up brown nosers are, by what they post. VCSO is one of the worst departments I've worked for. Corrupt and they cover too much up that needs to be exposed.

03-15-2009, 04:01 PM
If you have all the answers or know of stuff that is being covered up why don't you enlighten us? Otherwise just keep the baseless innuendo's to yourself. Like I am sure you work for the VCSO...

03-15-2009, 07:29 PM
If you have all the answers or know of stuff that is being covered up why don't you enlighten us? Otherwise just keep the baseless innuendo's to yourself. Like I am sure you work for the VCSO...

She can't, because she is full of crap and she knows it.

12-03-2010, 06:28 PM
What I've typed is the god's honest truth. I have the utmost respect for our laws and those who put their lives on the line enforcing them. Austin Littleton's actions during the events of 5 November 2008 at 3231 Lackland Drive in Deltona were a digrace to all good deputies who are keeping us safe.

12-03-2010, 10:15 PM
What I've typed is the god's honest truth. I have the utmost respect for our laws and those who put their lives on the line enforcing them. Austin Littleton's actions during the events of 5 November 2008 at 3231 Lackland Drive in Deltona were a digrace to all good deputies who are keeping us safe.

So you wait two years to post what you think is a "digrace." Whatever. The VCSO was, is, and always will be the preeminent law enforcement agency not only in the county but perhaps the state as well. Better luck next time in casting asperions on the VCSO.

12-04-2010, 08:33 PM
To the original poster, don't pay any attention to the "Elite" rookie making 14 bucks an hour with his high school education. BUT...I am not going to judge the deputy in the original article, I was not there and I doubt you were either. However, this douche with his elite mentality is the joke of the board. Just view some other threads about him from the larger agencies. They all make fun of this douche. It's only human nature to have pride in your employer, I'm sure the Oak Hill guys think they are elite too...but damn kid save it cause its getting old.

12-05-2010, 02:41 PM
To the original poster, don't pay any attention to the "Elite" rookie making 14 bucks an hour with his high school education. BUT...I am not going to judge the deputy in the original article, I was not there and I doubt you were either. However, this douche with his elite mentality is the joke of the board. Just view some other threads about him from the larger agencies. They all make fun of this douche. It's only human nature to have pride in your employer, I'm sure the Oak Hill guys think they are elite too...but darn kid save it cause its getting old.

I am sorry that you are not able to get hired on with the VCSO. Your hatred of this fine organization is quite sad. The anger and jealousy that you have must eat you up inside.

12-05-2010, 08:25 PM
I am sorry that you are not able to get hired on with the VCSO.

You sir, are a GENIUS! No wonder you got hired with a GED!

12-06-2010, 12:55 AM

You sir, are a GENIUS! No wonder you got hired with a GED!

More proof positive that the anger and jealousy is eating you up inside. What mall do you provide security for? You are about as clueless as an Amish guy in a Radio Shack. Two suggestions....(1) get a clue and (2) get a life. You can do the suggestion in any order you are desirous of.

12-06-2010, 07:36 PM
I didn't trash the VCSO, just that one deputy. If you read all that I had written you would have perhaps absorbed that information.

So you wait two years to post what you think is a "digrace." Whatever. The VCSO was, is, and always will be the preeminent law enforcement agency not only in the county but perhaps the state as well. Better luck next time in casting asperions on the VCSO.

12-06-2010, 07:57 PM
Perhaps you did only make disparaging remarks about one guy...but that one guy is a professional in the preeminent law agency in the county (possibly the state). When you libel one...you libel the entire department. Are you related to the guy who hates the VCSO because they would not hire him and is fixated on the $14 an hour figure?

12-06-2010, 10:43 PM
in the preeminent law agency in the county (possibly the state).

Lets post this statement throughout the entire forum and see what the majority of the members of the other agencies think. The "elite" proclamation is hurting your entire image, I think deep down inside you know that too. It's great to have pride in your employer but it needs to be kept in check and in some sense of reality for that matter. Good Day.

12-07-2010, 12:32 PM

More proof positive that the anger and jealousy is eating you up inside.

Are you REALLY that stupid, really?

You wouldn't even be able to apply at my agency with your education, wouldn't even make it through the pre screener. When LEO's throughout the state think elite, they're responses have shown that the VCSO "ain't" what comes to mind. Kepp drinking the Kool Aid Ronnie the Redneck.

12-08-2010, 12:59 AM

You wouldn't even be able to apply at my agency with your education, wouldn't even make it through the pre screener. When LEO's throughout the state think elite, they're responses have shown that the VCSO "ain't" what comes to mind. Kepp drinking the Kool Aid Ronnie the Redneck.

Well...the question is then....why do you spend all your time on the VCSO Board? Surely there must be some deep psychological meaning....I can understand why you would want to be on this board...probably the same reason why you wanted to be with the VCSO (do you care to answer)

12-08-2010, 01:25 AM

Well...the question is then....why do you spend all your time on the VCSO Board? Surely there must be some deep psychological meaning....I can understand why you would want to be on this board...probably the same reason why you wanted to be with the VCSO (do you care to answer)

Like I said...your a GENIUS with a GED. Good day "sir".

12-08-2010, 01:13 PM
All I have to say is don't go away mad...just go away. For somebody who harbors such hatred of an agency you spend a great deal of your time on this board.

12-08-2010, 03:48 PM
If someone has to come onto your board to bash you, that tells me their jealous, inferior, and have smaller meat than you. Of course that would include about 85% of Port Orange PD

12-08-2010, 07:58 PM
If someone has to come onto your board to bash you, that tells me their jealous, inferior, and have smaller meat than you. Of course that would include about 85% of Port Orange PD

Perfect explanation!!!

I knew I was not the only one that could see through the jealousy. This little guy is the type who had his milk money taken away from him in school...and now he tries to make himself feel like a real man by bashing the elite VCSO

12-09-2010, 02:59 AM
The elite VCSO that has deputies that attempt to flee and elude and drive drunk. You sure are elite.

12-09-2010, 11:54 AM
Just an isolated incident. Look at all the lives the deputies save, the crimes they solve, the good things. Don't focus on the one isolated bad thing.

12-09-2010, 10:59 PM
Perhaps you did only make disparaging remarks about one guy...but that one guy is a professional in the preeminent law agency in the county (possibly the state). When you libel one...you libel the entire department. Are you related to the guy who hates the VCSO because they would not hire him and is fixated on the $14 an hour figure?

No, I'm not in any way related to that guy. I have no problem with the VCSO, have had nothing but good encounters with you guys, except one deputy. The "professional" acted very unprofessionally when he was needed. My statements are only libel if untrue. I speak nothing but the truth. The deputy in question may one day grow up to be a man, and perhaps even a good deputy. Sadly the deputy Littleton who responded to our 911 call was neither. I understand your desire to defend one of your brother deputies, but he was wrong. On a side note I hope some of you guys are able to head down to Orlando to pay your respects to deputy Brandon Coates, twenty-seven is way too young. You guys aren't paid enough for the risks you take.

12-10-2010, 07:39 PM

No, I'm not in any way related to that guy. I have no problem with the VCSO, have had nothing but good encounters with you guys, except one deputy. The "professional" acted very unprofessionally when he was needed. My statements are only libel if untrue. I speak nothing but the truth. The deputy in question may one day grow up to be a man, and perhaps even a good deputy. Sadly the deputy Littleton who responded to our 911 call was neither. I understand your desire to defend one of your brother deputies, but he was wrong. On a side note I hope some of you guys are able to head down to Orlando to pay your respects to deputy Brandon Coates, twenty-seven is way too young. You guys aren't paid enough for the risks you take.

Whether you salt and pepper it with pleasant statements, it's still a slam on a named person by a troll and a coward hiding on the internet.

12-11-2010, 01:13 PM

Whether you salt and pepper it with pleasant statements, it's still a slam on a named person by a troll and a coward hiding on the internet.

He knows who I am, we've spoken face-to-face. His sgt and lt had both heard from me back then. You can throw insults all you want, facts are what they are. He did my family a great disservice two years ago by acting like a little punk. Also, genius....I mentioned the deputy by name as the topic of the string is about him. His name was mentioned on the local news and in the papers as well. I've got friends & family who are LEOs. My pleasant statements were not to temper your opinion of me, I could care less what you think. My statements were in part due to the fact that this is the second LEO killed in the past decade who had either friends or family that I know personally. They weren't just cops, they were somebody's son, husband, etc.

12-14-2010, 01:29 PM
This string was originally started out concerning the antics of Omar Lopez. This web site is supposed to be the voice of law enforcement. I do not think it was supposed to be the voice of a malcontent that is upset with law enforcement. There are other venues for that. Go use them and leave this site to law enforcement. And stay out of trouble and you probably will not have any interaction with law enforcement.

12-14-2010, 01:34 PM
This string was started out concerning the antics of Omar Lopez. The site is supposed to be the voice of law enforcement. I am sure there are other venues/sites you can access to complain and belly ache about law enforcement (and how you feel you are being mistreated). Why dont you go to those. And if you dont want to have interaction with law enforcement....stay out of trouble.

12-17-2010, 05:16 AM
This string was started out concerning the antics of Omar Lopez. The site is supposed to be the voice of law enforcement. I am sure there are other venues/sites you can access to complain and belly ache about law enforcement (and how you feel you are being mistreated). Why dont you go to those. And if you dont want to have interaction with law enforcement....stay out of trouble.

Wow...bet it took hours to think of that genius. So everybody that calls 9-1-1 is in "trouble"...another genius response. Hey I bet it took hours to think of that response huh bigmouth internet guy! No wonder you work where you do.

12-17-2010, 01:16 PM
You are pretty brave hiding in cyber space too....And I am sorry that either (1) the VCSO will not hire you or (2) the landlord is evicting you from your trailer or (3) the library where you troll on the internet is going to be closed for holiday hours. Or....shudder....could it be the trifecta, all three of the aforementioned?

12-17-2010, 04:56 PM
You are pretty brave hiding in cyber space too....And I am sorry that either (1) the VCSO will not hire you or (2) the landlord is evicting you from your trailer or (3) the library where you troll on the internet is going to be closed for holiday hours. Or....shudder....could it be the trifecta, all three of the aforementioned?

I have no issue with law enforcement, only you (if you are him). Not once have I spoken against any organization, only you. I'm not in trouble; there are no charges against me for any reason. I haven't so much as a traffic ticket on my record. My beef with you stems from your unprofessional behavior when we called you to protect us and enforce the law after my wife was savagely attacked in our drive way by someone who lived down the street from us. We had expected a deputy, instead you showed up. I'm pretty sure that was all typed into this string. Why don't you address your actions on that day? If you don't want outsiders in here then maybe you should restrict access. I hope one day you grow into your badge & gun. Your childish responses only serve to prove me right. Also I've never posted as "guest", so there is someone else taking exception with you as well.

12-17-2010, 06:36 PM

I have no issue with law enforcement, only you (if you are him). Not once have I spoken against any organization, only you. I'm not in trouble; there are no charges against me for any reason. I haven't so much as a traffic ticket on my record. My beef with you stems from your unprofessional behavior when we called you to protect us and enforce the law after my wife was savagely attacked in our drive way by someone who lived down the street from us. We had expected a deputy, instead you showed up. I'm pretty sure that was all typed into this string. Why don't you address your actions on that day? If you don't want outsiders in here then maybe you should restrict access. I hope one day you grow into your badge & gun. Your childish responses only serve to prove me right. Also I've never posted as "guest", so there is someone else taking exception with you as well.

Sorry you're mom is loose. That's the real reason for you coming on here and slamming the guy years after your interaction with him.

I'm no cop or friend of a cop. I just think you are funny, you tell anyone who will listen about your sad little story......WAAAA WAAA WAA

12-18-2010, 10:49 AM

Sorry you're mom is loose. That's the real reason for you coming on here and slamming the guy years after your interaction with him.

I'm no cop or friend of a cop. I just think you are funny, you tell anyone who will listen about your sad little story......WAAAA WAAA WAA

So you aren't a LEO, not in any way a stakeholder in this, but you troll to talk trash? I'm sorry but you are pathetic. I have an issue with one of the deputies mentioned in the string. I get to use this forum to vent. It is legal and much better than getting tazed. You have no stake in this, so why are you here? Wow man, get a life. Also if you want to bring mothers into this you should at least learn the difference between the words "your" and "you're". If you are going to talk smack try to at least sound like you are educated enough to speak to me without asking if I want fries with that.

12-18-2010, 11:47 AM
I agree with the other individual. I think you are (or you're) pathetic. To continually harp on one deputy is just sad. You said that you addressed the complaints with his supervisor. Obviously since he is still working here you are either (1) delusional or (2) a prevaricator or worse yet (3) both of the aforementioned. Give it a break already.

12-23-2010, 05:05 AM
I agree with the other individual. I think you are (or you're) pathetic. To continually harp on one deputy is just sad. You said that you addressed the complaints with his supervisor. Obviously since he is still working here you are either (1) delusional or (2) a prevaricator or worse yet (3) both of the aforementioned. Give it a break already.

Most humans misspell words from time to time -that is normal. File a complaint or get over it. What a loser you are.

12-23-2010, 03:26 PM

Most humans misspell words from time to time -that is normal. File a complaint or get over it. What a loser you are.

I agree. This guy is a loser with a capital L. Just like the other troll that continuously posts here (anonymously) talking (or writing) smack about the VCSO. One guy is a bitter malcontent because a deputy did his job and the other guy is a malcontent because the VCSO will not hire him. What a pair those two are.

12-23-2010, 07:28 PM
"Hey Bubba (tapping the two tin cans and a string of a car radio) you gots any mo' Copenhagen left. That there radio just sent me to a call of two cows outta Ol' Man Meoff's farm humping his tractor! I thinks I need 10-33 and a ghetto bird for 'dhis one..wait better yet I'll call Shuriff Ben first, and I needs me my Copenhagen Bubba, I iz skared. Hows do dhose big city guys in Jacksonville, Tampa and Orlando handle all dhis pressure....10-33 10-33 oh me's oh my how iz i gonna handle dhis cows...but my trusty five point and elite agency wills sees me through "

12-23-2010, 08:23 PM
I think they might have a hiring class next year. I doubt very seriously that you would be selected (you probably could not pass the stress shoot or the background). But maybe if you are lucky you might can request to do a ride-along. Keep on trolling...mr jap (jealous anonymous person)

12-24-2010, 05:32 PM
"Hey Bubba (tapping the two tin cans and a string of a car radio) you gots any mo' Copenhagen left. That there radio just sent me to a call of two cows outta Ol' Man Meoff's farm humping his tractor! I thinks I need 10-33 and a ghetto bird for 'dhis one..wait better yet I'll call Shuriff Ben first, and I needs me my Copenhagen Bubba, I iz skared. Hows do dhose big city guys in Jacksonville, Tampa and Orlando handle all dhis pressure....10-33 10-33 oh me's oh my how iz i gonna handle dhis cows...but my trusty five point and elite agency wills sees me through "

Least he got the radio system right.

12-27-2010, 01:46 PM
Pretty good post about the radio. Reminds me of the Marines. How they get hand me down and used equipment but are still the elite!!!

12-27-2010, 07:55 PM
Pretty good post about the radio. Reminds me of the Marines. How they get hand me down and used equipment but are still the elite!!!

Yeah, I just read the headline article about the "elite" VCSO. :snicker:

12-28-2010, 11:55 AM
This blog is filled with articles about the exploits and training of the VCSO. I guess there is one more negative person (other than the guy who cannot get hired and the one guy with a grudge) posting negative comments now.

12-28-2010, 09:19 PM
Yeah Marine Corp ROTC boy, sure whatever you say about your agency. You are the running joke across this board with your "elite" posts. You can't spell elite with a "lie", and it's your lie pal so tell it any way you want to!

12-28-2010, 11:45 PM
Yeah Marine Corp ROTC boy, sure whatever you say about your agency. You are the running joke across this board with your "elite" posts. You can't spell elite with a "lie", and it's your lie pal so tell it any way you want to!

Your ignorance is priceless. It keeps a blog going. It is spelled Corps (with an "S"). You are such a tool that you would have difficulty leading a pack of Girl Scouts. Thanks for the never ending chuckles.

12-29-2010, 08:14 PM
Your ignorance is priceless. It keeps a blog going. It is spelled Corps (with an "S"). You are such a tool that you would have difficulty leading a pack of Girl Scouts. Thanks for the never ending chuckles.

Actually, your correct I incorrectly spelled Corps, sorry ROTC guy. I went to college and obtained a four year degree so I could gain employment at an agency that is well respected within the nation (and an agency people throughout the nation have actually heard of). I only have a few years to go before I move on to a smaller more po-dunk agency like yours to watch the grass grow and work on my second retirement. It is a shame that I didn't practice my spelling and grammar skills while in college, that is a fact I must concede to you. However, you are the actual joke of the entire board, troll the other sites and see what a joke your "elite" garbage has stirred up about your "agency". I'll try to post in a few days in response to your next post, it's entertaining for me to see what latest response you'll have about your never-ending "elite" agency (you are nothing sub-par at best and I you are the only person wearing Ray Charles like glasses). Have a good day you overmatched ROTC redneck. :snicker:

02-27-2011, 10:26 PM

I agree. This guy is a loser with a capital L. Just like the other troll that continuously posts here (anonymously) talking (or writing) smack about the VCSO. One guy is a bitter malcontent because a deputy did his job and the other guy is a malcontent because the VCSO will not hire him. What a pair those two are.

Actually ass-bag, the deputy didn't do his job. After he sided with the person who had attacked my wife that person went after an eighty year old couple, one of them in a wheel chair. It was a completely random and unprovoked attack. Unfortunately for the bi-polar individual that couple has a child employed by the NYPD. That child came down and paid them a visit. They moved three weeks later. We dropped our complaint as we didn't want to be harassed as retaliation. We could see by the Sgt’s behavior that he wanted this to go away. You run your mouth, but if you were in my shoes you’d be pissed off too. I don’t forget when somebody f*cks with my family. I do however stay within the law….

02-28-2011, 05:58 PM
And then I woke up and exited fantasy land. I realized I was delusional and that the Deputy had performed his job. I realized that maybe i should not make up fairy tales about how the NYPD came down and three weeks later somebody moved. What tv show was that on? I hope next weeks episode is as entertaining. Thanks. Keep up the good work VCSO.

02-21-2012, 07:09 PM
I'm sorry but austin littleton hides behind his badge. He is nothing more than a young punk kid who was proply n and outta trouble as a kid. He prob feels like he can use his badge 2 get whatever he wants in life. He should not have had paid leave during investig8n. I pay taxes and this is a prime example of a waste of tax payers dollars. He got away with something that anybody else would have suffered 4. The problem is he is not above the law and thinks he is. Grow the f up littleton and stop tryn 2 make up 4 your mistakes by maken others suffer. Egotistical power hungry prick. And that's as nice as I can possibly say it. The day u retire littleton and r no longer a cop is wen u will c what people you've ncounter truely think of you. Asshole!!!

02-22-2012, 09:34 AM
I'm sorry but austin littleton hides behind his badge. He is nothing more than a young punk kid who was proply n and outta trouble as a kid. He prob feels like he can use his badge 2 get whatever he wants in life. He should not have had paid leave during investig8n. I pay taxes and this is a prime example of a waste of tax payers dollars. He got away with something that anybody else would have suffered 4. The problem is he is not above the law and thinks he is. Grow the f up littleton and stop tryn 2 make up 4 your mistakes by maken others suffer. Egotistical power hungry prick. And that's as nice as I can possibly say it. The day u retire littleton and r no longer a cop is wen u will c what people you've ncounter truely think of you. Asshole!!!

What happened? Did he give you a ticket or something? Chill out.

02-22-2012, 10:05 PM

GFY! Learn to spell.