PDA

View Full Version : where is our f.o.p.?

02-06-2009, 03:35 AM
I WAS WONDERING IF ANYONE KNOWS WHERE OUR F.O.P. IS HIDING? I HAVE NOT HEARD ANY INFO SINCE OUR AWESOME BINGO IDEA TOOK A DUMP. I ALSO HAVE NOT HEARD OF ANY UPCOMING MEETINGS.DOES ANYONE HAVE ANY INFO?

02-07-2009, 12:42 AM
Why don't you come and see me......I will give you an update

Please do not HIDE behind this blog Be a MAN or WOMAN...

02-07-2009, 02:12 PM
Why don't you come and see me......I will give you an update

Please do not HIDE behind this blog Be a MAN or WOMAN...

:roll: :roll: :roll:

Whatcha hiding yourself?

02-08-2009, 12:48 AM
No but you have....

02-08-2009, 05:05 PM
Actually that was a question brought up in a recent read off, where are you guys? No posting of meetings, no bingo, no nothing. As the contract deadline fastly approaches, we as members would like to know the current state of what is going on. Some of us are not in the "IN Crowd" are not previledge to all the information that they are.

02-11-2009, 02:55 AM
Actually that was a question brought up in a recent read off, where are you guys? No posting of meetings, no bingo, no nothing. As the contract deadline fastly approaches, we as members would like to know the current state of what is going on. Some of us are not in the "IN Crowd" are not previledge to all the information that they are.

Well?????

02-12-2009, 03:38 AM
I am going to start off by saying, that I may have not shown up to a whole lot of meetings but I would like to know what is going on.
I just started a family and there are things that I would like to address about our next contract.One thing is our health care for family.I think that there are more and more guys and gals having children at the office now and I think that this is a big thing on a lot of peoples minds.I would like to know what is going on with our meetings, bingo and the lodge that was at the fairgrounds.There is rumors that are floating around and I think some of this needs to be clarified.
I think the F.O.P. could be used as a usefull tool. However we do not have the showing that we need to at these meetings to make the kinds of changes needed to make this a better work place. We can get on here all day long and bash the office or we can come together as a UNION ( or a group if you dont like the word)and make some changes.
To the President I would like to say that I would like to become more involved with the F.O.P and make it to more of the meetings and I am telling to that you will have more of a commitment out of me when things get going again, I just hope they are soon.I think it is time for a change.

*Just a note this is not to bash or insult people just my thinking on this.
So I will post my name just like I do on all my posts.

Thank you,
Brandon Cox

02-14-2009, 07:35 AM
HEY ALL,,, I GOT THE STORY ON THE F.O.P. AND UR GONNA LOOOOOVE IT.

HERES THE DEAL

THE FOP HEADS ALL GOT TOGETHER AND DECIDED TO DO THIS BS BINGO THING TO RAISE MONEY FOR THE FOP FUND. AT FIRST THEY WANTED TO BUY A BUILDING,BUT STEVE AND BRIAN DECIDED TO TRY TO GET ALL THE MEMBERS TO COSIGN A LOAN FOR THIS BUILDING. PETE REFUSED (SMART MAN) AND HE LEFT THE BOARD. THEY THEN DECIDED TO LEASE A BUILDING AT THE FAIRGROUNDS FOR THE CRRAZZZY AMOUNT OF $2200 A MONTH. THEY THEN SPENT TENS OF THOUSANDS-YES I SAID TENS OF THOUSANDS-OF DOLLARS GETTING THE BINGO UP AND RUNNING. THEY SPENT THE MONEY ON SUTFF LIKE TABLES, CHAIRS, BINGO SUPPLIES AND OF COURSE MONEY FOR THE POT. BUT THEIR MONEY MAKING SCHEME DIDNT GO AS PLANNED. NO ONE WAS SHOWING UP TO PLAY, BUT THE FOP STILL HAD TO PAY OUT THE POT EVERY NIGHT. THERE WERE MANY MANY NIGHTS THAT THEY PAID OUT WELL MORE THAN THEY TOOK IN. SOOOOOOO AFTER LOSING SOMEWHERE AROUND $40,000-YES I SAID $40,000-TOTAL, THE FOP DECIDED TO SHUT IT DOWN.

IF YOURE WONDERING WHY THERE HAVE BEEN NO MEETINGS, THIS IS WHY. THEIR AFRAID TO TELL US THAT THEY LOST 40G'S ON A BS VENTURE. I CANTBELEIVE MY FOP DUES ARE GOING TO FINANCE THIS CRAP. BUT I STILL WOULD RESPECT THEM MORE IF THEY WOULD MAN UP AND HAVE A MEETING TO LET US ALL KNOW WHAT HAPPENED. WE SHOULDNT BE KEPT IN THE DARK. IS THIS WHAT WE PAY DUES FOR????

I GUESS IM THINKING ABOUT SWITCHING UNIONS. TEAMSTERS LOOKS GOOD RIGHT ABOUT NOW.

02-14-2009, 01:26 PM
Do we get a refund on all our dues that have been lost in this bingo adventure? It's no wonder he say's don't hide behind the screen name and come see me. I guess he is too embarassed to let "everyone" know what happened. If you look at Citrus' leo affairs they are sending FOP updates on there every month, just like "we" used to.

02-14-2009, 02:46 PM
Again,still what matters is that the leaders of our FOP are in bed with the sheriff and admin.Thats still the point!!!The leaders of the fop need to not work for our agency!!!PERIOD :lol:

02-14-2009, 03:17 PM
Again,still what matters is that the leaders of our FOP are in bed with the sheriff and admin.Thats still the point!!!The leaders of the fop need to not work for our agency!!!PERIOD :lol:
bingo

02-15-2009, 10:25 AM
I'm awaiting a response from fop president. If you blew $40,000 on bullsh--.Well Mr.
president, I'm calling for impeachment proceedings,you freaking idoit.

02-15-2009, 03:05 PM
In the olden day,wouldnt they say"off with his head" :oops: :oops:

02-16-2009, 12:54 AM
Watch...now he'll get a friggin promotion.....he's really got some kissin to do.

02-16-2009, 11:12 AM
You Guys ever see the Visa commercials?? I made one for FoP BINGO. I had to fudge some of the $$ amounts cause they wont keep us informed on anything but you get the point. See if you like it--

20 bingo tables and 400 chairs---$4000

renting an overpriced building at the raggedy HC fairgrounds--$2000 a month

stacks and stacks of bingo cards---$200

hiring Brooksville volunteers to run the BINGO and having one steal from you---$who knows how much

funding the BINGO pot even though you are never breaking even---$20,000

Losing $40,000 of FOP members money and then trying to hide it from them--------------PRICELESS!!!

HCSO FOP------its NEVER where you want to be!!!

:twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

02-16-2009, 02:52 PM
We were ripped!!!Impeach!!! :cop:

02-17-2009, 01:27 AM
:snicker: :snicker: :cop:

You Guys ever see the Visa commercials?? I made one for FoP BINGO. I had to fudge some of the $$ amounts cause they wont keep us informed on anything but you get the point. See if you like it--

20 bingo tables and 400 chairs---$4000

renting an overpriced building at the raggedy HC fairgrounds--$2000 a month

stacks and stacks of bingo cards---$200

hiring Brooksville volunteers to run the BINGO and having one steal from you---$who knows how much

funding the BINGO pot even though you are never breaking even---$20,000

Losing $40,000 of FOP members money and then trying to hide it from them--------------PRICELESS!!!

HCSO FOP------its NEVER where you want to be!!!

:twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

02-19-2009, 12:52 AM
No but you have....

Hey Prez,
Where are you now? Hiding? You got some splainin' to do!!
A Member

02-19-2009, 01:36 AM
Let's get something clear. Yes the bingo was a flop but how many of those who are posting looking for blood stood up against this and made their feelings known. Who amoung you stood up to offer assistance in running the games to make it work? Am I happy that ALOT of money was lost during this...no but it happened. Time to pick ourselves up and move on. If this bingo thing had done well and we all profited by it then the board would be heros. I don't recall any complaints about money when Christmas parties for families and Easter egg hunts were put on no to mention the passing out of school supplies. How many of those persons posting the negative now took their kids and family to these events only to turn and complain now. Lets face it the FOP gambled and lost so what do we do about it? Sit here and complain or move on? I for one will still be behind the FOP. They have come to my aide in the past and will continue to do so, to this I have no doubt. For you to call out Brian and Steve by name is low. Both of these men would have your back in a heart beat.....return the favor.

02-20-2009, 04:05 AM
I can't believe one of the deputies on here actually thinks we could get family medical coverage as a new benefit. That is a clear indication that some people have no clue what is going on in our society, and nation. Budget cuts my man... it's reality. We aren't going to have the money to add benefits - we'll be lucky not to lay lots of people off work. Thankfully the Sheriff has fought every year so far to keep that from happening.

Do you think our agency is somehow immune to what is going on in government? Money is drying up for local government and people are getting laid off all the time - and you want something like family medical coverage? If you want to make a real impact or difference, fine - get involved... but you first need to get a reality check and recognize that there isn't going to be any money for more stuff for quite a while.

02-22-2009, 03:32 AM
THAT'S RIGHT THERE WON'T BE ANY MEDICAL BENEFITS, BECAUSE THE MONEY WENT ON TABLES, BINGO CARDS, CHAIRS, AND RENT ON A SHABBY BUILDING THAT IS MAINLY USED FOR HO-DOWNS. WANT A REALITY CHECK? YOU JUST GOT ONE.

02-22-2009, 02:17 PM
You little BOYS don't even have the BALLS to approach any of the BOARD members... All you can do is hide behind some BULL $h** crying blog, Grow up and face these people!!! I have asked some questions and gotten some good answers.... We have a tragedy that we have to deal with and this is not the time to bash the FOP. They have been working very hard over the past few days getting things together and helping out the families.

02-26-2009, 01:52 AM
You little BOYS don't even have the BALLS to approach any of the BOARD members... All you can do is hide behind some BULL $h** crying blog, Grow up and face these people!!! I have asked some questions and gotten some good answers.... We have a tragedy that we have to deal with and this is not the time to bash the FOP. They have been working very hard over the past few days getting things together and helping out the families.

WHY SHOULD WE HAVE TO APPROACH ANYONE? WHY ARE WE NOT KEPT INFORMED? GROW UP AND FACE THESE PEOPLE? ARE YOU NUTS? WHY ARE THEY HIDING AND WHY DON'T THEY JUST KEEP US INFORMED? ARE THEY THINKING THAT SOME OF US ARE FED UP WITH THIS BULL SH** AND DON'T WANT TO BE TARGETED? ARE THEY AFRAID THAT THE PUBLIC WILL FIND OUT WHAT A FLOP THE HERNANDO SHERIFF FOP IS? COME ON DUDE, THINK CLEARER AND GET YOUR NOSE OUT OF SOMEONES BUTT!!!

SO THEY CAN WORK HARD FOR A WELL RESPECTED MAN WHO WAS NOT ON THE CLOCK BUT WAS DECLARED IN THE LINE OF DUTY BY NUGE? WHAT A BUNCH OF BULL SH** YOU ARE TRYING TO FEED THOSE WHO READ THIS, THE NEWSPAPERS AND WHAT A WAY FOR NUGE TO SPEND MONEY AT THE TAXPAYERS EXPENSE. PEOPLE ARE TALKING ABOUT THIS AND HOW BECAUSE CAPTAIN WAS A BROWN NOSER, SO TO SPEAK, HIS FAMILY WILL BENEFIT. NUGE DON'T CARE. HE'S OUT OF HERE SOON ANYWAY. PEOPLE ARE TALKING MAD CRAZY ABOUT A BUNCH OF THINGS INVOLVING THE WRECK THAT TOOK SCOTT'S LIFE. NOT GOOD TALK EITHER.

WHAT A DEFENSE....WORKING VERY HARD THE LAST FEW DAYS? WTF????

F.O.P. IS A FLOP!!

02-26-2009, 07:28 AM
The loss of the Capt. was a major blow to the agency and those that knew him. I think it is great that the FOP was working so hard after he passed. Just one question...What the HELL were you guys doing in the days prior to his passing? In case you haven't noticed, it has been asked on here what is going on with the FOP. The only response I have seen is "be a man and come see me, blah blah blah..." How about YOU be a man and tell us what is going on and do it here so everyone knows, not in private where you can feed us each a line of BS like you are so good at doing. Each and every member of the FLOP should not have to go to you. If you look back on this site, you might remember the FOP updates that used to be sent out and reminders of the meetings etc... In case you didn't know this, the FOP was adopted to protect the guys and gals that are out there busting their butts, not to kiss the administrations butts. It doesn't look too good that our FOP prez is out there supporting the NUGE, putting up signs etc...but if you look at how many times members have needed help in one way or another and "sorry, the FOP can't help"

02-26-2009, 05:57 PM
Ref. guest comment above. If your going to run your mouth about the tragic death of a brother, then at least have to common sense to know what your talking about. There are hourly employees and deputies and salaried. The capt would have been salaried. That means he doesn't get overtime. When he or she works after normal business hours they are not being paid for it. But they are on duty. Once he got in his car and was responding to the office he was on duty. Further, I guess in your eyes anyone who goes up in rank is a brown noser. Try reading his guestbook in the obits of the St Pete Times at the ten or more pages from all over the country reference this capt.. This is not a brown noser but a honorable and hardworking man. Ask Sheriff Mylander if Scott was anything but just a good cop and person.

What is really tragic is that you would dishonor a brother in this way and his family. Why don't you and this aledged "bunch" you speak of go to see Angie and Scott's children and express your thoughts on Scott's tragic death. Were you and this "bunch" in the procession yesterday?? I hope not. Why would you want to be a hipocrite. It is really sad that in times like this one, there are always people that are usually jealous and want to blame everyone else for there plight in life that like to sit in hiding and make lude, rude and crude comments about others misfortunes or tragic events.

Your concerns about the FOP may be valid, but the way to solve them is for you and the "bunch" to go to the meetings and voice your concerns and if you feel your not heard then vote the people out and put new people in. But I hate to inform you, but the FOP and PBA are not as strong in Florida as they are in the north. But you will never be happy if you think your the only one that counts and have a what have you done for me lately attitude. Alot makes up an agency. True, good leaders is important but so is good line personnel and support also. So how about being part of the solution and not part of the problem. You will find if you do your job and do it well, show you have some brains and commen sense, are level headed with good character then you to can go up and be one of those butt kissers who sucked up for everything you got.

My heart has always been and always will be with the cop on the street even though I was a capt. But as much as some of the brass ticked me off, there are line people that do the same. Those that couldn't be a pimple on a cops butt. There are times when things said on here aren't to be helpful but are shameful and hurtful. Just remember one thing. God forbid if something happened to you in this profession, then all those that lined up yesterday will line up for you also as brothers do.

02-27-2009, 12:50 PM
Do u miss it that much???You sound like you really miss being part of this circus.I figured you would have opened a booth at the flea market by now,or perhaps took up a hobby such as air swimming. :shock:

02-28-2009, 08:46 AM
To the previous post: Have some respect toward Ret. Captain Henning. Hes earned it over the years! You may not of liked him under his supervision at the time, but from what I see of him (past) and present hes a cops cop! Give the man his due and respect the content he writes. I dont see much of what hes saying is bashing like most of you out here!

As for the FOP, all I can say is this--Fraternal Order of Police! A brother hood. Were all brothers and sisters doing the thankless job of law enforcement. We should all bond together and stop this vial name calling and ridiculing of the FOP. Being president of the FOP can not be enjoyable, nor can it be rewarding during these uncertain economic times were facing today! Steve and his board were trying new ideas, trying different methods to make the FOP grow and become finacially stable, in return giving back toward needy causes! Okay, the bingo idea went FLOP as one member said - but at least he tried, at least he was making an effort to bring in more revenue for the lodge--which in retrospect that revenue is allocated for good causes throughout the year and what ever expenses the FOP encure! But, lets not forget the main purpose of the FOP, the main reason why you fellow members joined in the first place,,,LEGAL REPRESENTATION!!!! For those in here reading this thread and have worked or are working with an agency that has no FOP or PBA you know exactly what I mean....I work for an agency that has neither and let me tell you right from the get go, its a scarey feeling going to work every day know there isnt a single person watching my back other then me! All I have for legal representation is hiring a lawyer on my own to fight any charges brought against me from a possible rouge administration. Luckly I work for a very honorable Sheriff and his administration is top notch! But the fact remains I still dont have that protection like you guys do in Hernando.

Keep in mind that FOP is there for your RIGHTS, LEGAL REPRESENTATION. FOP will stand by you if you're wrongfully accused! Or if the admin is playing games with the policy's. Lets face it guys and girls. If you've been in this job long enough then you've seen a time or two where admin plays god with the SOP's and will always come out claiming that those documents are considered LIVING DOCUMENTS, they change all the time! Well that might be true, but I assure you folks that Steve and the FOP will be there to make sure your Policeman bill of rights are not violated! I'd be willing to bet my next paycheck that 90% of you in here dont even know what your "Policeman bill of rights" are? Try reading and understanding them, it will make a smoother transition when you're being investigated by I.A.

For those of you who keep coming in here and putting down the FOP and Steve, just remember hes got your best interest at hand. He'll fight for your rights! But he wont fight for your gross violations, the obvious violations, to name a few, theft dealing with payroll, his initials R.L.; and disorderly conduct, battery and conduct unbecomng (you know who Im talking about ) his initials D.S. From what I was told these two side show charactors came to Steve and demanded he get them off the charges and get them re-instated back in their positions! They claimed that they've been paying their dues to FOP and wanted Steve to get their jobs back! Now come on guys--FOP doesnt work that way, and anyone here reading this thread thinks other wise, well you better get a reality check real fast!

So in conclusion my brothers and sisters. lets put this to rest about (Where is our FOP) and come together as a brotherhood. Someday you'll need Steve or the FOP and brother if you didnt violate policey, and you're wrongfully accused--Then watch the FOP come to your aid like a Knight on a white horse ready to do battle with the I.A investigator and Admin.. Keep the peace! Stay safe out there everyone!