PDA

View Full Version : Taxpayers chrged for detectives' steak roast

01-30-2009, 03:53 PM
http://www.cggazette.com/index.cfm?dsp= ... w&nid=1145 (http://www.cggazette.com/index.cfm?dsp=news.view&nid=1145)

01-30-2009, 03:55 PM
http://www.cggazette.com/index.cfm?dsp= ... w&nid=1145 (http://www.cggazette.com/index.cfm?dsp=news.view&nid=1145)

01-30-2009, 03:59 PM
You’d have thought that Coral Gables Police would have learned their lesson about the unwise use of the city’s controversial P(urchasing) cards. After all it was its inappropriate use by a police major in 2007 that first brought attention to the relatively unregulated use of the P-card in the City Beautiful which eventually brought down former City Manager David Brown.
You might have thought it. But you could be wrong.
The Gazette has learned that there is currently an Internal Affairs investigation into a $248.58 P-card purchase made at BJ’s Wholesale Club in Kendall on Wednesday, Sept. 3, 2008 just after noon. The purchase was made by Sgt. Danny Mosquera of the Investigations Division and approved by his major, Mark Ginn.
The stated purpose of the purchase: “Divisional working lunch meeting.”
And what a lunch it was. Listed on the receipts are steaks, barbeque sauce, burgers, hot dogs, buns and spareribs. Who attended the lunch, where it was held, who did the cooking – the grocery list makes it appear obvious that this was a legitimate barbecue – and how they managed to get any work done while cooking and consuming ribs, burgers, hot dogs and steaks is in question.
Neither police spokesperson nor Internal Affairs representatives comment on active cases.
City Manager Maria Alberro Jimenez – who saw close up the damage that illicit P-card purchases had on the career of her former boss – did confirm that there was an investigation into the matter taking place but said she would not comment until such time as that investigation was completed. Several commissioners queried about the case also admitted to having heard talk of the investigation but could not provide any specific details.
It is unclear how the issue managed to come before Internal Affairs but what is known is that this is not the first time police have had mishaps resulting from the problematic p-cards.
Late in 2007, a police major purchased numerous watches for his subordinates as a Christmas gift. Although he repaid the department, it was clearly against card guidelines and led to a closer examination of other abuses and ultimately to the former city manager’s purchase of alcohol during business lunches. The maelstrom which resulted from the original investigation – including Brown’s foolhardy attempt to cover his tracks by forging official receipts – eventually led to the former city manager’s demise.

01-30-2009, 04:07 PM
What a DUMB A**!! You'd think they would learn after the Masington P-card incident, but I guess not. Never underestimate CGPD staf when it comes to potential dumbassedness!!!

01-30-2009, 04:09 PM
Is it true that Ginns kid delivered the Barbeque in his truck? I heard that he ran an Amber light "3" all the way to the station. :roll:

01-30-2009, 11:08 PM
From the Gazette:
Maria is a fine one to talk.

01-30-2009, 11:09 PM
From the Gazette:
Fire the Major and demote the Sergeant, anything less is unacceptable by us taxpayers.

01-30-2009, 11:10 PM
From the Gazette:
Great another example of wasting tax payer funds. These employees are looking more greedy by the day.

Time to clean house in the PD again!

01-30-2009, 11:11 PM
From the Gazette:
This is more of the same under the "weakest ever" leadership our department has had. Naue is a fine person, however, he does not run the show. He is being run by two losers, Ginn and Hudak, aka Gand H, or GH (garbage hustlers). The show is run by his incompetent and a__-kissing Majors, Ginn and Hudak, both useless pieces of s___ that have no respect for Interim Chief Naue. Hudak recently got slapped on the wrist for fu_____ up royally, one of his many. The offense was serious enough to have warranted a demotion, however, Naue is running scared and losing on his run to be named permanently. I heard that he is hot water when a resident documented the lies he and Naue told the City Manager and Commissioners about the area patrol fiasco. I know the resident is right because I prepared some of the garbage for Hudak when my boss told me to stretch the facts. Do not blame the rest of my fellow officers about this as we are not pleased with what is going on. The fine women and men of this department are proud of what we do and who we serve. We will be there in two minutes, even if Hudak fudges the numbers and lies about them. At least one loser, Gibbons, got his tail whipped and is out of the picture. Good riddance, you fat big-mouthed pig. He and Hudak, two real specimens. Residents, do not let up and demand the best, as we are the best, however, leadership under Naue and his buddies stinks. We trust Ms. Jimenez will put an end to this as we approach the Chief's to-be or not-to-be date.

01-30-2009, 11:12 PM
From the Gazette:
sign your name and maybe you could be believed. Maybe its the wanna be chief, AB writing this.

01-30-2009, 11:13 PM
From the Gazette:
The person you refer to, I would not mind having as Chief of our department as she is a highly competent female that has more ba___ than Naue, Hudak,Ginn and all put together. At least, we know where she stands, however, with clowns like you, Pappa One, we do not. Get off your computer reading this and do your work, one that is clearly cut out and incomplete. I am one you have offended and that has no respect for you, but then you have no respect for females, including me. Good luck to you, clown!!!

01-30-2009, 11:14 PM
From the Gazette:
Shopping at BJ's on duty? Then having a tax payer paid exclusive
"divisional lunch meeting" the next day? That Major has approved too many overtime slips and purchases without zero oversight. Someone told me he is a contract employee too...why not just terminate his contract?

01-30-2009, 11:15 PM
From the Gazette:
That comment is accurate, why keep this Gin if he keeps signing credit cards and extra time that is false in his section. If he is a contract employee, void the contract. No more Gin and no more financial messes

01-30-2009, 11:16 PM
From the Gazette:
Sgt. Mosquera is an excellent officer who has excelled in every unit he has been a member of. Naue, Hudak, and Ginn are all exceptional officers and extremely competent leaders who have excelled in every aspect of their careers. Gibbons has done more for the FOP then any of the previous presidents. This expenditure is not far fetched; I know Ginn and Mosquera would not be foolish enough to try anything illegal. The unwarranted attack on the aforementioned Officers is not only slanderous it is also cowardly. Stop airing your personal attacks to further your own agenda.

01-30-2009, 11:17 PM
From the Gazette:
Anonymous, please keep the Sgt. out of this. He only did what he was told. You must be Gibbons, Ginn or Hudak, as no one in this department would ever defend the a__holes that they all are. They are a "clique" that must go and they are fu_____ up what is our pride and joy, our department. I know how Ginn and Hudak operate, they will blame on the little guy as they have no ba___ to stand up to their own corrupt, devious and lying ways. It is time to clean up this department as it is quickly falling apart due to the incompetence of Lying Hudak and Scumbag Ginn. Get real anonymous, we are due for a change. It started with voting Pig Gibbons out soon to be followed by Hudak and Ginn. More work for the Public Corruption Unit at Miami-Dade. This time, his wife will not bail him out. We have him by the ba___. Any questions? I am not fooled.

01-31-2009, 01:09 AM
From the Gazette:
The city is top heavy, and the offenders need to be AXED!

01-31-2009, 01:11 AM
From the Gazette:
It is shameful and ridiculous the things that go on in that department. How much longer is this going to be allowed to happen before someone actually does anything about it?

01-31-2009, 01:12 AM
From the Gazette:
I am a CEO of a major company, and I served my country in the Armed Forces. The $250.00 dollar bill to feed these employees is petit. I spend over $10,000.00 a year on a Christmas party for my employees, this actually boost moral, and brings them together. While in the Armed Forces we spend millions a year to boost moral for the men and women who serve our country. $250.00 dollar lunch for the men and women who put their lives on the line on a daily basis is worth it! I actually spend more then that to feed my family every week. I say keep up the good work Coral Gables Police!

01-31-2009, 01:13 AM
From the Gazette:
Mr. CEO you also work in a PROFIT driven environment where employee reward comes back to YOU in production and sales. Not even nearly the same situation. How many of your employees take an oath before being hired? Stupid.

01-31-2009, 08:19 PM
From the Gazette:
Hey Bozo perfect name for you, it is even more important for non-profit orginizations to promote teamwork and good will. Since most officers did not take an oath to get rich but to help people they dont even know, these small events are needed. When you are in a profession where everyday you deal with people who are in trouble or are trying to victimize other innocent people, you need time to smile and laugh and vent. Just remember when you are in trouble and need real help, it is not Volsky, Gazette reporters, or even the people in city hall that are hauling ass to get to you, to help you. It is the men and women in the blue uniforms and the men and women in the big red trucks.People who took and oath to risk thier own lives to protect YOU, a person they dont even know!!! God Bless the United States of America!!!

02-02-2009, 08:38 PM
I'm just upset that I was'nt invited!

by the way, watch out..............don't slip up and make a mistake, cause you WILL be written up by some someone with a shinny gold badge who does much worse! :cop: