PDA

View Full Version : New Units

01-23-2009, 08:21 PM
I hear the Sheriff is looking to put together some new kind of County wide Tac Unit. Anybody upstairs hear anything? Thanks

01-23-2009, 11:20 PM
whatever. stop spreading crap.

01-24-2009, 12:52 PM
I heard that the new man wants things to be fair. No more back slapping good ole boy "you got the job just keep it quite for now" stuff. So if there really is a new unit on it's way then you bet that the new car1 will let the most qualified have the job without prejudice of past politics that this place has always had. I am so glad that he is here. I am positive that there will be a posting and interviews etc. This is already a better place to work. :lol:

01-24-2009, 01:16 PM
I think it's a good idea, as was our last tac unit. This time though, they may want to interview people first so that they understand the concept of "you work when we say you work," not "oh I can't work nights because I have child care issues," I can't be in my area on time because of this, or that, or any other excuse. My favorite though "I can't have the hard plastic backseat cause my kids ride back there."

01-24-2009, 02:54 PM
Who do you think would be qualified lets say 6 guys.

01-24-2009, 03:00 PM
Voice of reason:

Stop all these rumors about new units. Yes we are all in agrement its needed. However, the budget process will start @ March and if your watching/listening to the news theres a good chance the budget will be real tight this year ever more so then last year.

Final budgets are usually adopted in August so please dont get peoples hopes up by starting these rumors.

Be happy we have these jobs and lets just get through this next year, and then see whats going on.

01-24-2009, 03:26 PM
A county wide tac squad that goes after the worst of the worst , whether its burglars, dopers, sexual offenders, or wanted persons can be put together regardless of budget concerns. It just has to be done right. No meddling by two many Staffers with their own agendas. A Sgt and 6 bodies is an easy fix. If people do not think we can come up with the manpower by cutting fat and reassinging posistions then you must have your eyes closed. I am confident that once Dr. Sewell submits his findings there will be a shift towards a more "agressive" stance towards crime fighting in Sarasota. Years ago we put our eggs in the SRO and Community Policing baskets. Those numbers swelled and we went away from our most basic duties. The traffic unit numbers held steady and have now declined to where it can not function effectively. The old TAC unit was reduced , meddled with until it was disbanded.

Yes ,Virginia there is a Santa Claus and he is going to drag some of us kicking and screaming to a new stance as a Law Enforcement agency. If I was in cake position/supervisor with minimal responsiblites or something created for me by the old regim I'd be worried. Time to get back to our crime fighting ways. You wanna just dress up and play cop, those days are almost over. Better grab a call clearing guide, a statute book, and learn the 3T boys . The times they are a changing and not soon enough. Time to get back to kicking a** and taking names.

01-24-2009, 03:44 PM
I agree with your post. But things are budget driven. If the SSO is forced to cut the budget then law enforcement positions are likely to be eliminated, not reorganized. Even if the budget isnt cut and stays the same cuts will need to be made just to give people their step raises.

I agree we need this unit i just doubt it is going to be this year. My point is we need to see how the budget process plays out before we can start talking about starting these units.

01-24-2009, 04:09 PM
The worst of the worst in Sarasota and just who would that be?

01-24-2009, 05:25 PM
NEWTOWN IM GUESSING

01-24-2009, 05:39 PM
Get rid of CP1. A complete waste!!!

01-24-2009, 11:22 PM
I hear the Sheriff is looking to put together some new kind of County wide Tac Unit. Anybody upstairs hear anything? Thanks
It's called CP3

01-25-2009, 12:03 AM
It's called CP3

I heard he is starting cooking school and and all the cp guys will be reassigned to grow food with the inmates. Anymore rumors. Yeah thats what I thought :roll:

01-25-2009, 01:56 AM
I heard you can S.A.D,,,,,Thats what I thought.

01-25-2009, 02:05 AM
I heard the newtown cp guys making arrest in central county last week. Anybody know why?

01-25-2009, 03:09 AM
x4 on the X15 in central they transported him to D-2 HQ for interview.

01-25-2009, 02:34 PM
because they were assisting sib. who cares if it was in "central county". these district lines are sometimes taken a little too serious. it's all sarasota county.

01-25-2009, 08:05 PM
because they were assisting sib. who cares if it was in "central county". these district lines are sometimes taken a little too serious. it's all sarasota county.
I agree. Who cares where they x14 someone to? Are you paying for the gas? It's all Sarasota County.

01-25-2009, 10:06 PM
Where did they take the X15?? There is no such place is there?

01-25-2009, 11:22 PM
I heard the newtown cp guys making arrest in central county last week. Anybody know why?

You guys crack me up. Lets see becasue they are deputies. Who cares where they are assigned. Its just a title.

02-13-2009, 09:16 PM
WE ONLY HAVE A FEW SPECIAL UNITS AND NO MORE CREATING ANY NEW ONES.

(FULL TIME UNIT ON THE STREET)

MARINE
RANGE
CP
WARRANTS
TRAFFIC
SIB

02-14-2009, 09:23 PM
WE ONLY HAVE A FEW SPECIAL UNITS AND NO MORE CREATING ANY NEW ONES.

(FULL TIME UNIT ON THE STREET)

MARINE
RANGE ( ITS AGARICULTURE ) We are not watching a kids cartoon home on the rangeCP
WARRANTS
TRAFFIC
SIB

CP needs to be realigned back to parks patrol thats all it is - great gig tho. No we wont have more new units anytime soon. Just in case you missed it THE ECONOMY SUCKS,,,Were lucky to have a job now how about doing yours. The Traffic Unit might increase but that is only logical Knight is Traffic for traffic cop and Balkwill was former kindagarden cop. Just the same I am just happy I have a pension, benefits, take home company car and a paycheck to provide for my family

02-19-2009, 05:13 AM
yohoho... shhh, don't tell anyone but they are cops and they can do that.