PDA

View Full Version : Is it true that sheriff/staff tried to get Isp info?

01-17-2009, 02:03 PM
I wonder if sheriff/staff tried to get ISP information on posters of this board?I hope not.Its a clear violation of our freedom of speech rights.Others sheriffs tried it and the court turned him down right away .the press tore him up for wasting taxpayers money on attorney fees.The sheriff (publics money)also has to pay the others attorney fees to defend it.They ruled its a clear violation of freedom of speech to us citizens.If it was done behind closed doors then the Sheriff has some real issues coming up..Can be perhaps a large civil suit!!!!!$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$.We will have to plant our seeds or have they been planted?

MOD 1
01-19-2009, 09:47 PM
I wonder if sheriff/staff tried to get ISP information on posters of this board?I hope not.Its a clear violation of our freedom of speech rights.Others sheriffs tried it and the court turned him down right away .the press tore him up for wasting taxpayers money on attorney fees.The sheriff (publics money)also has to pay the others attorney fees to defend it.They ruled its a clear violation of freedom of speech to us citizens.If it was done behind closed doors then the Sheriff has some real issues coming up..Can be perhaps a large civil suit!!!!!$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$.We will have to plant our seeds or have they been planted?

Most requests for IP addresses come through me. If they don't come through me, I usually hear about them immediately. I don't recall ever having any requests for IPs from anyone in your agency.

We do not give out IP addresses. We have fought attempts to force us to give out IP addresses and have won at the District Court of Appeals level. This gives us case law backing us on our position.

Mod 1

01-21-2009, 03:05 AM

Most requests for IP addresses come through me. If they don't come through me, I usually hear about them immediately. I don't recall ever having any requests for IPs from anyone in your agency.

We do not give out IP addresses. We have fought attempts to force us to give out IP addresses and have won at the District Court of Appeals level. This gives us case law backing us on our position.

Mod 1

Thank you for the clarification.

01-28-2009, 09:47 PM

Sheriff does have some real issues coming up but not over getting IP addresses from this site. Sheriff could give a darn about civil rights and it shows daily with what we get away with.

05-30-2009, 03:14 PM

Sheriff does have some real issues coming up but not over getting IP addresses from this site. Sheriff could give a darn about civil rights and it shows daily with what we get away with.
BADDABING