PDA

View Full Version : Employment Inquiry from Out of State LEO

01-10-2009, 07:07 PM
Good afternoon, all. I am interested in transferring to FL. I am currently a LEO in NY, but I have obtained my FL certification. I have a few questions.

1. How is the morale?
2. I am a worker. I don't mind going call-to-call, but I'd like time to be pro-active. Is this possible?
3. Is the hiring process expedited for out of state officers?
4. The PAT. Is it the standardized FL test consisting of the runs, dummy drag, pylons, etc etc, or is it the Cooper test consisting of mile and a half run in a set time, same with push-ups, sit-ups, etc?
5. I have heard there is no pay step plan, which isn't the end of the world, but is it a possibility in the future?
6. Lastly, how is the opportunity for OT and off-duty work?

Thanks for your responses, everyone. You all be safe. Hope you had a happy holiday and a good new year.

01-12-2009, 08:24 PM
1. How is the morale?Good
2. I am a worker. I don't mind going call-to-call, but I'd like time to be pro-active. Is this possible? Depends on where you end up after training.
3. Is the hiring process expedited for out of state officers?Not to much.
4. The PAT. Is it the standardized FL test consisting of the runs, dummy drag, pylons, etc etc, or is it the Cooper test consisting of mile and a half run in a set time, same with push-ups, sit-ups, etc? I have no idea. Nothing to hard there are some pretty heavy deputies.
5. I have heard there is no pay step plan, which isn't the end of the world, but is it a possibility in the future?Pay is based on your experience.
6. Lastly, how is the opportunity for OT and off-duty work?
[/b] More off duty work that any one person can handle. Different from OT. Detail pay is a set amount[/b]

01-12-2009, 10:52 PM
Thanks very much

02-22-2009, 02:15 PM
It is what it is!

08-15-2009, 01:57 AM
LCSO is the Best agency in FLorida !!!!