PDA

View Full Version : Cops offended by alleged comment of former USSS Agent.

01-07-2009, 05:08 PM
In a Parade Magazine article entitled "They'd Take a Bullet For The President"
http://www.parade.com/news/2009/01/they ... ident.html (http://www.parade.com/news/2009/01/they-would-give-their-lives-for-the-president.html) former USSS Agent Jim Previtera was quoted as saying "Cops are trained to retreat when gunfire starts, but the Secret Service has to stand tall and go into the gunfire."

This alleged statement has provoked a firestorm of anger from police officers throughout the United States, with hundreds of angry e-mails flooding the sheriff's office where he presently serves as the Colonel in charge of the jail and where he was formerly the Major in charge of Training.

PARADE has a circulation of 32 million and a readership of 71 million in over 400 newspapers.

If he used the word "retreat" it was an unfortunate slip, because the context of the article clearly shows that what he was trying to do was contrast the difference in training between regular law enforcment officers who are trained to seek cover in a gunfight and USSS agents on protective assignment who are trained to stand up straight when under attack in order to provide their own bodies as cover for the person they are assigned to protect.

A clarifying statement would be prudent.

01-07-2009, 05:14 PM
Try the Parade Magazine link here: http://www.parade.com/news/2009/01/they-would-give-their-lives-for-the-president.html

01-13-2009, 11:50 PM
Let's get this straight. Who REALLY retreats in the face of gunfire?

The Secret Service, that's who.

Cover and evacuate is the term used. Hear shots? Cover the President and get him out of there!

:?

01-14-2009, 02:26 AM
Stand Up Straight? You sound like my mother, not any training I ever got in the USSS - I was taught to cover and evacuate - CAT and PI stand and fight FROM COVER - get it? No standing up straight like a tin soldier - quit equivocating and making excuses for a guy who spoke out of turn - you're wrong - get over it!

01-14-2009, 03:20 AM
After reviewing the AFAUSSS website as well as this site, I can no longer hold my tongue.

I couldn't help but notice that one of the posters on both sites, is always right and everyone else is wrong. His side of the story is the only correct side. ***

(Edited - mod 166)

Former T-Man, thank-you for standing up to this individual.

(Edited - mod 166)

01-14-2009, 05:03 AM
HE IS WITHOUT SIN,

It is difficult to hold your tongue when you read the postings by the person you reference. You are not alone with your thoughts. This person has no understanding of just how he is preceived by others.

01-14-2009, 07:16 AM
Rawhide::

Be careful the police are out in full force. They edited my previous post, don't understand why?: A) was not vulgar B) factually accurate C) did not name, names, D) and a certain author is aware of certain thangs that have happened in the USSS.

Why I was edited is a freaking mystery.

http://leoaffairs.com/disclaimer/

"This is not a SLAM site and the Forums should be used constructively." - mod 166

01-14-2009, 10:26 PM
Stand Up Straight? You sound like my mother, not any training I ever got in the USSS - I was taught to cover and evacuate - CAT and PI stand and fight FROM COVER - get it? No standing up straight like a tin soldier - quit equivocating and making excuses for a guy who spoke out of turn - you're wrong - get over it!

CAT and PI weren't there to cover and evacuate. That was the job of the detail.

Cover didn't mean take cover it meant provide yourself as cover which equals standing up straight so the person you are protecting can take cover behind you. Sadly it appears you didn't get it. Lucky you were never protecting someone who was attacked.

01-15-2009, 03:45 AM
Help me out here oh Great Pontificator -

01-15-2009, 04:18 PM
MOD166, so in YOUR opinion the 2 paragraphs that you redacted were "SLAMS" - correct?

01-16-2009, 12:24 AM
MOD166, so in YOUR opinion the 2 paragraphs that you redacted were "SLAMS" - correct?

You guys just don't get it and never will. This is not the Oldstar forum where you can continually make personal attacks and slams against every other poster without fear of retribution. If you have not yet read the rules of this forum, you need to because you obviously do not understand them. I know you are not as stupid as you appear to be. In case you don't understand that is a compliment not a comment. These forum rules are easy to understand.

01-16-2009, 12:52 AM
MOD 166:

Rawhide asked a very simple question of MOD 166 -- that of course just like many questions never gets an answer.

How could ithose deleted paragraphs been viewed as "SLAMS" when NO names were mentioned other than --- (as mentioned in the second deleted paragraph)?

I've read other tFederal hreads on this site referring to people by name and calling them a crooks. To me that would be a slam. But to simply mention *** is all of a sudden a SLAM.

Check you self, it's Freedom of Speech, ...

01-16-2009, 04:44 AM
It is real clear that MOD 166 is frustrated with errors in judgement. He does not get it and never will. Has a real problem with rejection.

01-17-2009, 01:47 AM
It's his board and he'll control all discourse - "pay no attention to the man behind the curtain"

01-19-2009, 03:48 AM
Former T-Man:

Was part of your message redacted? When reading it, it seemed to be lacking something.

01-19-2009, 07:40 PM
If you want to dialog with a mod, register on the board and use the PM system. - mod 166

01-22-2009, 03:14 AM
A banned poster will not be permitted to convey messages through surrogates.

01-22-2009, 04:24 PM
A banned poster will not be permitted to convey messages through surrogates.

So far the above poster has made numerous nasty remarks towards other posters, moderators of this forum; now he has the audicity to attack a particular section of this country which has nothing to do with any other postings on this thread. One wonders if there is anything that is satifsfying to him? One could assume the answer is probably NO! The postings are the same as his postings on Oldstar; always attacking messengers rather than the critiquing the message. Same old, same old. That is all he is capable of doing.

02-24-2009, 09:12 PM
Retreat? How many armed robberies in progress has Maj.***** arrived on first, alone? How many fights with husbands beating **** out of the wife has he been in? How many burglaries in progress has he been to? How many riots has **** faced crowds throwing rocks and bottles and a sniper or two ? Or do the "stomp and Drag" in gas mask to clear a street of rioters. How many drunks fighting instead of going to jail peacefully? Been there, done that, and have the scars to prove it. Retreat? Like the Agent said, USSS RUNS WITH POTUS to the armored BEAST and let the cops handle it. I think I have said it ALL. Major **** needs a reality check BIG TIME. But most majors DUE.

Keep your language clean. mod 166

02-25-2009, 02:42 AM
Retreat? How many armed robberies in progress has Maj.***** arrived on first, alone? How many fights with husbands beating **** out of the wife has he been in? How many burglaries in progress has he been to? How many riots has **** faced crowds throwing rocks and bottles and a sniper or two ? Or do the "stomp and Drag" in gas mask to clear a street of rioters. How many drunks fighting instead of going to jail peacefully? Been there, done that, and have the scars to prove it. Retreat? Like the Agent said, USSS RUNS WITH POTUS to the armored BEAST and let the cops handle it. I think I have said it ALL. Major **** needs a reality check BIG TIME. But most majors DUE.

Keep your language clean. mod 166

Why can't you guys just make an honest constructive criticism of an action or individual with whom you disagree. No, instead you have to make a personal obscenity laced attack because that is a vital part of your nature and character. You cannot resist - it's not within you. There are many on this forum who know your identity precisely because you have made similar posts over and over again on Oldstar. You just can't help yourself. But you do need help. Professional help. I offer my apologies to those to whom you have directed such virulent attacks on this forum. I want them to know that there are very few present or former agents of the USSS who stoop to such low-level conversations or postings. No matter how small a group of persons are in an organization, there will always be two or three individuals who cannot conform to reputable behavior and make outsiders think less of an organization. Please don't. These persons need anger management training and do not speak for the rest of us. Please realize they are sick. Thank you.