PDA

View Full Version : TIMONEY'S DECERTIFICATION HERE WE COME!!

01-06-2009, 12:59 AM
http://cbs4.com/local/ethics.miami.police.2.900658.html ----COPY AND PASTE FOR VIDEO

Jan 5, 2009 7:37 pm US/Eastern
Miami Cops Lectured In Ethical Decision-MakingMIAMI (CBS4) ?
Click to enlarge
Miami police chief John Timoney driving a white Lexus SUV valued at over $50 thousand, which was provided free to him by a local car dealership

Miami Police Chief Ordered To Cooperate With Panel (9/3/2008)
Panel: Chief Timoney Violated Rules Over SUV (7/16/2008)
Civilian Panel: Chief Timoney Guilty Of 6 Charges (7/16/2008)
CIP Investigator:Miami Chief Violated Police Rules (7/11/2008)
Chief Timoney Admits Violating State Ethics Laws (6/6/2008)
Sworn Statements/Records May Contradict Timoney (6/6/2008)
Miami PD Chief Could Reach Plea With Ethics Panel (5/13/2008)
Miami Police Report Sponsored By Lexus of Kendall (5/8/2008)
CBS4 Exclusive: State Ethics Mtg On Chief Timoney (4/24/2008)
Stakes Go Higher For Chief's "Free Ride" (4/24/2008)
Florida Ethics Panel: Timoney Violated Ethics Laws (4/19/2008)
Timoney's Lexus Deal Heads To State Ethics Hearing (3/28/2008)
Investigative Panel Reveals Timoney Questions (3/14/2008)
Judge To Timoney: Answer The Questions (3/13/2008)
Study: Morale Is Low At Miami Police (3/11/2008)
Months after their chief was accused of violating ethics laws for accepting a free SUV, Miami cops are being grilled on their own ethics knowledge. Miami Police Officers are undergoing mandatory training and testing on ethics.

Miami officers spent their Christmas season studying ethics and taking a quiz on what is and isn't ethical behavior: part of the process in keeping their accreditation as a law enforcement agency. For example, they're being schooled on whether it's ethical to make a false report, ignore department policy or accept a gift.

In fact, Miami Officers are instructed in the tutorial on ethical decision-making to ask themselves, "Would I do what I am about to do were it to become public knowledge… the lead story on the 6:00 news?"

In ordering all members to participate in the ethics test, high-ranking Miami Police officials issued a memo saying "…the department will maintain the highest professional ethics and integrity." That is a goal that would appear to have been compromised at the department's highest level.

Police Chief John Timoney was found guilty by multiple public agencies of violating ethics laws. "There is a perception that's been created that somehow I was getting something for nothing," Timoney said at a press conference in August 2007. The reality is that Timoney did get something for nothing: a $54 thousand luxury SUV. A CBS4 News investigation revealed Timoney drove the Lexus, compliments of Lexus of Kendall, for the better part of two years.

The County Ethics Commission found the Police Chief had, in fact, broken ethics laws and issued a scathing reprimand. The State Ethics Commission also found that Timoney broke the law. And Miami's Civilian Investigative Panel found the Chief guilty on six counts of breaking laws and violating his own department's policies by being untruthful about his free ride.

"He has led by the wrong example," Armando Aguillar of the Police Officer's Union said. "His example to our members is that it is okay to accept gifts; that it is okay to be untruthful."

Chief Timoney did not return phone calls from CBS4 News on Monday. Later this month, the State Commission that certifies police officers will take up the Timoney case. The Commission can impose punishment up to removing an officer's badge. :devil:
(© MMIX, CBS Broadcasting Inc. All Rights Reserved.)
:devil: :devil: :devil:

01-06-2009, 02:07 AM
The Molly Macguires have nothing on you,,,,,,,,Irish Boy :devil:

01-06-2009, 02:38 AM
We have johnny Lexus all wrong. As long as he stays and BK and El enano locke stay, we can all steal over time, get free rides for 2 years for $1,000 (fines juanito paid he ethics people), LIE, and all we have to say is it was a BONEHEAD MISTAKE, and get off scot free. Do we really want to lose the ethically challegened Lexus Johnny, and have to obey the rules and laws? As long as he is chief, it a free pass for anything Junito & crew have done for the rest of us. I say KEEP Lexus Juanito, and we can ALL ride new rides. OK 4th floor, when do I get my oak leaves? That's the best spin I can put on it since the "puppet Master" retired.