PDA

View Full Version : FWC Deputy drunk and charged with DUI crash in uniform!

12-21-2008, 03:48 PM
Wildlife Officer Charged With DUI After 2-Car Crash

TBO.com Staff
A Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission officer was charged with driving under the influence after a two-car crash Friday night.

Pinellas deputies say David Brent Salcido, 40, who was in uniform and driving his state-issued car, struck the back of 2003 Toyota on 102nd Avenue just east of 125th Street in Seminole at 11:30 p.m. Friday.

Deputies say there was evidence of alcohol in the car.

The occupants of the Toyota were treated for non-life threatening injuries.

12-21-2008, 05:08 PM
Couldn't have happened to a nicer guy...

12-22-2008, 01:56 AM
Hey, I just looked at his mug shot. That goatee looks about as professional as he acted. Where was he coming from that he was drinking? Was it one of them game warden cookouts?

12-22-2008, 02:04 AM
Couldn't have happened to a nicer guy...

The fool who kicks another man while he's down, will eventually receive the same.

12-22-2008, 04:41 PM
The fool who kicks another man while he's down, will eventually receive the same.

lol, you just make that quote up? I kicked him while he was down? you = moron.

12-22-2008, 07:15 PM
[quote="Poor guy":18q50es3]Couldn't have happened to a nicer guy...

The fool who kicks another man while he's down, will eventually receive the same.[/quote:18q50es3]
"Fools! Fools I tell ya, they're all fools! Why I oughta come on over there and teach those young whippersnappers manners see." Sorry, I just had to write that. I love it when rednecks try to be prophets.

12-22-2008, 10:16 PM
I heard they are doing whatever it takes to keep him as an officer. That is so disrespectful to everyone in uniform.

12-23-2008, 12:11 AM
I cant see that happening, (to the last poster) As far as bashing the guy....damn sometimes decent peopl have problems and f$%% up. No need to bad mouth him. Does he deserve to go...Yes ,absolutely ! I was embarrassed by it, but you know he is not a bad guy. I see worse people on here everyday...rude, policy violators, etc yet they get to keep thier job. So just let him deal with this withou the bantering. He has enough to deal with

12-23-2008, 12:54 AM
Wow you guys are some squared away LEOs! Like your agency isnt embarrasing enough. Too funny. Great job there Game Wardens!!

12-24-2008, 03:33 AM
Give him a break we gave our Colonel one here at Ag/Law. :oops:

12-24-2008, 04:37 AM
[quote="Poor guy":cxkcfjco]Couldn't have happened to a nicer guy...

The fool who kicks another man while he's down, will eventually receive the same.[/quote:cxkcfjco]

How about "the fool that drives drunk in uniform and in a state vehicle will eventually be arrested"?

12-24-2008, 09:02 AM
I heard they are doing whatever it takes to keep him as an officer. That is so disrespectful to everyone in uniform.

Not true.

Also, FWC is better off without this guy. He was a disgrace, and I was embarrassed he represented us out there in the field.

12-24-2008, 11:25 PM
I am curious what our major in the SW region thinks about this as the two of them are good buddies. And did this guy go through a local academy or something. Just another example of how getting rid of the fwc academy was a bad idea b/c we are turning out substandard officers like this moron. I guess they don't get the "don't drink and drive while on duty in uniform in your state vehicle and injure someone while still on probation" block in the local academies.

12-25-2008, 04:34 AM
I am curious what our major in the SW region thinks about this as the two of them are good buddies. And did this guy go through a local academy or something. Just another example of how getting rid of the fwc academy was a bad idea b/c we are turning out substandard officers like this moron. I guess they don't get the "don't drink and drive while on duty in uniform in your state vehicle and injure someone while still on probation" block in the local academies.
Oh yeah, like those reject rednecks in Tally could teach anything. Thats the best thing to happen to this Agency, was to close that wanna be Academy down. Maybe at the local Academies will teach them not to start a sentence with the word "And". You DUMB A$$. The Major probably thinks the same thing as the rest of us. The guy was an IDIOT.

12-25-2008, 07:33 AM
Oh yeah, like those reject rednecks in Tally could teach anything. Thats the best thing to happen to this Agency, was to close that wanna be Academy down. Maybe at the local Academies will teach them not to start a sentence with the word "And". You DUMB A$$. The Major probably thinks the same thing as the rest of us. The guy was an IDIOT.
Whoa there Nelly! (I always wanted to say that.) You apparently did not attend one of the Simon Dixon academies post merger. That was a damn fine academy that turned out many a good product. If you think for one minute that the local community colleges were half as good as FWC's then you must not have attended the FWC's. As for the Major over the SW region. I can tell you this. He is respected by most of his officers and his ethics are beyond question.

12-26-2008, 09:52 PM
You apparently did not attend one of the Simon Dixon academies post merger.

You are right. But those days have been long gone. Once Simon was shut down, he moved on. The rest of that group went back to the GFC way. The only bright light was JM then he was shut down as well. RC and MW ran the academy into the ground (by design) and was a joke. Until there is a Major change ( pun intended) at the "Academy" and this division is allowed to think and train with a State Law Enforcement mindset insted of a Wildlife officer (Game Warden ) mindset it will only get worse.

12-30-2008, 09:44 AM

"Substandard Officers?". Come down to Broward and see how they've substandardized the testing results over the last few years. Nothing but "Fat bodies" and non-swimmers anymore.

01-02-2009, 03:22 AM
First, it is not an FWC Deputy.. try FWC Officer and the message should have been clear from up top - You are fired! And, that the FWC does not tolerate that type of behavior..... Not, well he resigned and he is innocent until proven otherwise......

Bull**** what he did is an embarrassement to anyone who wears a badge!

01-08-2009, 04:07 AM
Tampa Office...go figure!

01-10-2009, 07:01 PM
thank god this sh*t bird is gone. maybe a few others could get a dui and be gone too