PDA

View Full Version : NEW SHIFT HOURS

12-20-2008, 03:33 AM
Yet another stellar job by our brass. They have have been talking about changing our shift hours for 3 years now and this is the best that they could come up with? What a gimmicky piece of garbage these new hours are. Whose brainstorm was it to make an already long work day even longer? Must be some weasel who sits in their air conditioned office 9 to 5 everyday with the biggest dilema being what mission quote to use at the end of his emails :roll: Oh, and what another great idea it was giving us the survey that meant absolutely nothing. 90% of everyone voted no and 2 weeks later our braintrust sends out an almost identical shift proposal. I mean I know we are dumb but we are not that stupid. Now that they didnt get the answer they wanted they are just gonna shove it down our throats. Next time don't insult us with the illusion that you actually want any opinion from the people who are gonna get stuck working these terrible hours. Just kick us in the nuts and get it over with!

12-20-2008, 02:46 PM
You are a pansy. What's a 1/2 hour more a day if you get 4 hours off on your early day? Per the PBA contract management can dictate our working hours. At least they gave us a chance. And most everyone who voted against it did so to pee in the city's cheerios because of the negotiations. I like the sched and so does everyone I talk to! Plus the half hour gives me a chance to look at Tolbert's man boobs a little longer. Man those things are huge. I wonder if his dog fed on those when it was a puppy!

12-22-2008, 02:09 AM
Ma man Russ!!!! Wicked cool to see you back on the site, we missed you man!!! Well... time for another drink. A-Salute

12-24-2008, 05:50 AM
You are a pansy. What's a 1/2 hour more a day if you get 4 hours off on your early day? Per the PBA contract management can dictate our working hours. At least they gave us a chance. And most everyone who voted against it did so to pee in the city's cheerios because of the negotiations. I like the sched and so does everyone I talk to! Plus the half hour gives me a chance to look at Tolbert's man boobs a little longer. Man those things are huge. I wonder if his dog fed on those when it was a puppy!
dont pick on K931 or he'll toss you into a pool

:lol:

12-24-2008, 05:05 PM
For some one who acts so tough, fat-titty Tolbert had to pick on a small kid. No balls to do that to some one his size (although there are a limited number of fat officers to pick from). He knows that he would get destroyed by any respectable officer. The guy has fat titties and his farts clear a room. What does Laura see in that guy???

12-24-2008, 09:43 PM
with the biggest dilema being what mission quote to use at the end of his emails :roll:
hilarious

02-11-2009, 06:06 PM
well its done and it appears Joey did his best to screw as many people as possible

this should be the message at the end of your outlooks

The beatings will continue until morale improves

02-11-2009, 07:01 PM
You're lucky to have a job that pays what it does and offers free money if/when you cross the 20 year finish line. You are quick to slander fellow officers that have advanced themselves the hard way........hard work and competence, as though they purposely go out of their way to "screw someone"especially you! The next time you are sitting under a shade tree, wiping vanilla frosting off your fat face, ponder this player.....is it easier to supervise,motivate and receive production from subordinates who are happy and content or those that are miserable? Look around fool, there is an economic crisis in this country and alot of people with more to offer than you do are out of work.
Get your lazy, malcontent soul to a negotiation meeting fruitcake and see how badly "Joey" wants to screw you. He is and has always been a cop first, however, when you get promoted you get paid to try and do what's best for both the members and also what is in the interests of the city. Most people that climb that ladder could care less about who was left behind or how they got to the top. Joe doesn't fit either category. He's the same guy that when he was LT. he drove 30 miles through downed trees and powerlines to get the troops hot bagels and food during Hurricane Wilma and paid for it out of his pocket!! If you can do it better, step up & get er done, but if not.....10-3.

02-11-2009, 07:54 PM
I along with others have been to meetings and I gotta say, he doesn't seem like a cop's cop. Just an observation that is shared by many, the generous bagel getting guy is no more. The very idea of TELLING us we will work more for less money and trying to play a ruse that it's a raise is deceitful. An honest approach may not have gotten a better response from the union but at least it would show character.

Furthermore - Don't go spouting garbage about being thankful for free money and a paying job. We chose this job with the understanding of a great many things that include the good like a pension and a job that is not susceptible to loss due to economic issues, corporate downsizing, or outsourcing. We also get the bad like doing shift work that keeps us away from our families on nights, weekends and holidays. Getting spit on by lowlifes and having for the most part a thankless job. You also didn't mention the fact the we are the ones who also worked in all those storms, during the storms with our homes and familes somewhere else, dealing with the downed trees, standing water, etc. and I didn't complain nor heard any complaints.

Yes Mr Silverspoon, you're right we should be shown a complete lack of respect and be thankful and not speak our minds.

02-12-2009, 02:18 PM
Guest you missed the point. Your post would lead me to believe that you are a younger officer, who did not know Joe, the officer, sgt., etc. A guy who fought for what was right, even if it meant he would be disciplined or ostracized by bosses.One of the few guys I ever knew who got to the top w/o being a "lick-boy"
Every member of DBPD plays a role in your organization. One of the roles of the Union is to see to it the officer's rights are not being violated. Similarly, the union negotiates in good faith with the city for a fair contract. Most union presidents/boards do not concern themselves with the city's budget, bills or needs, but rather what their needs are. A deputy chief or others in admin have to look at both sides of the coin and try and please both; completely different roles than the union. I remember a time when Delray's contract was the laughing stock of PB county, but over the year's it has become a solid one. Don't make the mistake of comparing with PBSO, who negotiated their contract when business was booming! Also keep in mind that we no longer have public sympathy or empathy to fall back on. What I was alluding to is that times are tough and people in all occupations are losing their jobs;they no longer believe we are underpaid.
I am not talking in theory; I have 24 yrs logged in the field and have seen many changes. I have known Joe over those years and he is still the same guy, however, his role has changed. Keep in mind that management ALWAYS has the last say when it comes to schedules and can impose what they want when they want. Your admin also has to deal with the City Manager, and what they want and need. Listen, you can say what you want, everyone is entitled to an opinion, but calling Joe a company man that is going out of his way to screw people might be a narrow view. Be safe, blues brother.....in the end that's what really counts.

02-14-2009, 01:52 AM
WOW! QUITE THE MAN CRUSH YOU HAVE ON YOUR BOY JOEY. MAYBE TOMMORROW YOU CAN TELL HIM HOW YOU STUCK UP FOR HIM ON THIS WEBSITE. THAT WAY YOU CAN KEEP YOUR CUSHY LITTLE OFFICE JOB THAT YOU BLW EM TO GET IN THE FIRST PLACE. YOU MAY HAVE A BADGE BUT YOUR NO COP! TAKING THE CITY'S SIDE OVER OURS? WEAK BROWNNOSERS LIKE YOU ARE THE REASON THESE THINGS ARE ALOUD TO GO ON HERE. THE COPS HERE HAVE TO UNITE, TAKE A STAND, AND TELL THEM WHERE TO STICK THEIR PROPOSAL.

02-14-2009, 09:22 PM
Wrong again SS! Never had an office job in my career because I love the streets and making arrests in whatever unit I'm in. I love being a cop and back when I was hired, most of the officers felt the same way. Now we have so many spoiled"educated" kids that had their mommy & daddy hold their hands all the way through college while they paid for little Johnny to party hearty and listen to some business instructor tell them what the world owes them. They come out of college and can't get a good job in their respective field so all of the sudden they want to carry a gun and badge.I am going to guess you may very well fall into that category like alot of others wearing blue today and because you've been handed so much, so soon, you'll never be content.
Let me make a last ditch effort to get you to see my point. If you are married and have kids; do you buy or give your kids everything they ask for or think they deserve? I'm guessing the answer is no and if so, I'd also surmise that when you do have to deny them things, you mention budgets or something to the tune of all the other bills or expenditures you have. Does that make you a prick? Or is it not YOUR responsibility to govern your house even if you're not popular with the decisions you make. Don't you expect your kids to understand that sometimes things will not go their way and move on or do you just say yes to everything at all costs? If you answered in the affirmative then you are not only a discontented cop but a lousy dad/mom too. I'm betting that when you are in authority, you expect those under that authority to submit, because you are doing what you believe is fair & just and all I'm saying is that Joe is doing the same. Joe has not and cannot do anything for my career and has never been a company boy. The contract you have now is a decent one comparatively speaking and has alot of cop's sweat in it, including his. You have every right to fight for what is just, but bashing cops that have worn the blues & paid their dues is out of line and in the old days, we'd "hold court" behind a shopping center for things like that until it got squared away. Lastly, your city manager makes the big decisions on what happens in Delray, not Joe, not Tony, or Phillips and I know for a fact they they do not like hearing "no", any more than you do. We will always be underpaid for what we do, but that is the society in which we live in's fault. Alex Rodriguez, an entertainer, will make millions for hitting a round ball well 3 out of 10 times, while we spin round and round taking generations of violent people off of the street so people like him can live in peace and safety while driving his Mercedes! It is what it is, like it or not.

02-15-2009, 05:47 AM
thats good. stand up for someone who intentionally runs this department into the ground for his own amusement? he is trying to help the city take money away from your kids and mine as he sits back and trys to fatten up himself and his credentials for a cheif job. he has never fought for anything that would be good for cops since ive been here. the economy is bad but no one here is asking for a raise and everyone just wants to hold onto the small amount of percs that we rightfully have. you want to side with someone who is screwing us everyway possible? i will work an extra 4 hours when he does, i will give away my holiday options when he takes a pay cut, and i will give up my car privledges when he does. dont be a fool. vote yes for that contract and you stab every cop here right in the back.

02-15-2009, 06:24 AM
OH AND BY THE WAY TQ, HOW IS THE WEATHER ON THE BEACH THESE DAYS?

02-17-2009, 07:45 PM
everyone just wants to hold onto the small amount of percs that we rightfully have.
that is absolutely correct

don't take anything away from us. the city can afford to pay us fairly ..and if they cannot keep up with our neighboring cities it's time to call in PBSO

Delray Beach - Minimum Salary: $42,200

Boynton Beach - Starting at $46,836.16 a year!
Boca Raton - A starting salary of $50,918
Palm Beach Gardens - Salary Range: $43,500 - $75,730
Ft. Lauderdale - Starting Pay $49,649.60