PDA

View Full Version : poaching

12-10-2008, 05:08 AM
How do I get a call back from a game warden? I have someone hunting behind my house between 10 pm and 5 am three to four times a week. We routinely get woken up in the middle of the night to multiple gunshots near my house. I have gone out in the woods and found three seperate hunting stands, taken photos of all three as well as of the bait they are using.
I have previously called the sheriff department who have sent out deputies, but they will not get out of their cruisers. A helicopter was finally flown over the area, but this was well after one of the deputies drove through the area whelping his siren, so the helicopter did not find anyone. Their advice was that I call FWC. I did that. I called the hotline which got me a very rude tampa dispatcher who promised I would hear back from someone. It has been over a week with no return call. I spoke with two guys in an FWC truck setting up signs on the side of the road who took my info and said someone would be in touch with me. Again no calls. What do I have to do to get rid of these guys who are trespassing, hunting at night, baiting, and overhunting the area?

12-10-2008, 12:44 PM
Ask dispatch to contact the supervisor and request a call back. You did not state which county this was occuring in, so that would be your best bet

12-10-2008, 04:57 PM
Bullsh&t alert!! This is the type of information that officers would jump on. Everytime I got this call it turned out to be more than a little overstated. No mention of county, no mention of the dispatchers name, and no mention of the officers names that were busy posting management land thats open to the public. This is someone trying to show that poaching is more rampant than it really is anymore.
How many 99s are made a year statewide?

12-12-2008, 03:46 PM
If this is the attitude of FWC it is no wonder I have not received service from your agency. To answer your questions which DO NOT pertain at all to a request for contact information...I am in Hernando County. I did not get pissed off about the dispatcher until I realized I was NOT getting a call back from anyone so I did not bother to record her name. So on top of being rude she apparently did not process my call. Now what about the two uniformed FWC guys driving a marked FWC truck that I stopped to talk to on the side of the road? They apparently have done nothing with my information. That is two requests for help that have gone unanswered. What am I supposed to do? You guys work the field so I figured I would get your advice on this board.
I am NOT complaining about hunting on management areas. (YOUR -an- ASSumption)My complaint has to do with hunting on a BAITED area at NIGHT on PRIVATE PROPERTY. I have pictures remember? So obviously I have been out there to see where these guys are hunting and what they are doing. So how about you shut your pie hole you moron. All I asked for was information about how to get a response from your organization before these pricks send a bullet through my window playing mighty hunter in the middle of the night behind my house while they wipe out the wildlife population. I did not feel I needed to file a formal complaint with all the details on this board to satisfy YOUR qualifications as to whether or not this was a legitimate issue. So are you satisfied now? Do I get legitimate information? Do you still want more information so you can continue to demonstrate your PROFESSIONALISM?

12-12-2008, 05:07 PM
If this is the attitude of FWC it is no wonder I have not received service from your agency. To answer your questions which DO NOT pertain at all to a request for contact information...I am in Hernando County. I did not get pissed off about the dispatcher until I realized I was NOT getting a call back from anyone so I did not bother to record her name. So on top of being rude she apparently did not process my call. Now what about the two uniformed FWC guys driving a marked FWC truck that I stopped to talk to on the side of the road? They apparently have done nothing with my information. That is two requests for help that have gone unanswered. What am I supposed to do? You guys work the field so I figured I would get your advice on this board.
I am NOT complaining about hunting on management areas. (YOUR -an- ASSumption)My complaint has to do with hunting on a BAITED area at NIGHT on PRIVATE PROPERTY. I have pictures remember? So obviously I have been out there to see where these guys are hunting and what they are doing. So how about you shut your pie hole you moron. All I asked for was information about how to get a response from your organization before these pricks send a bullet through my window playing mighty hunter in the middle of the night behind my house while they wipe out the wildlife population. I did not feel I needed to file a formal complaint with all the details on this board to satisfy YOUR qualifications as to whether or not this was a legitimate issue. So are you satisfied now? Do I get legitimate information? Do you still want more information so you can continue to demonstrate your PROFESSIONALISM? This has got to written by an inland only officer. It kinda fits with the inestigator with the same radio number. 279? If not here's a number to call 1(888) 404-FWCC. If that doesn't satisfy you then email a complaint to Tallahassee. Believe me, you'll get an immediate response.

12-13-2008, 01:43 PM
Again....... Call dispatch and ask to talk to the supervisor of Hernando County, they will forward a message to him and give him your number. Knowing who it is, he and a couple of his officers would jump on something like that if it is as blatant as you say it is. ou still do not sya who you "talked to on the side of the road".. We all where name tags.

12-13-2008, 01:49 PM
Two FWC guys setting up signs on the side of the road?????? Sounds like biologists who are doing controlled burns setting up smoke signs to me...not officers. Another reason why we need to distinguish ourselves from the non-le personel, due to people like this who seem to think they are talking to Officers, not noticing that trucks do not have light bars, no guns, earring, beards and such as biologists, you know the obvious stuff. They would rather come to a le forum ( how they know to come here to voice their displeasure rather than call the office???) to complain, does sure sound like one of own officers to me too.

12-13-2008, 09:22 PM
I'm not an investigator but, maybe his user name gave him away. Here's a hint. "279 Naples"

12-16-2008, 05:37 AM
First, I want to thank the gentleman in the FWC truck (biologist?) on the side of the road who forwarded my information. Secondly, I want to thank the officer who recently called me back and apologized on behalf of FWC for dropping the ball on my complaints. He was more than familiar with the two individuals who I believe are poaching behind my house and will be meeting with me later this week. Lastly, I cannot believe you guys. I am not "279 Naples" nor any part of FWC. I feel sorry for the guy if you are willing to turn on one of your own on a public forum. "279" came from my wanting to add a few digits after "guest" to distinguish my posts. It is simply the prefix to my cell phone which was sitting in front of me at the time. As for name tags, guns, light bars, etc. and identifying your exact jobs, no offense, but as a member of the public that is not my job, nor do I care. For the record I never mistook the biologists for officers, I expected my complaint to be forwarded to the appropriate resources, which apparently it now has been. As for seeking advice on the LEO forum, why not? I didn't get anywhere with contacting anyone directly. Again, you guys work the field and know how to get around the system. How do I know to come here? First, it is a public forum utilizing a public domain with no passwords or registration process. Secondly, I am a member of another field of emergency services. I do apologize for the harshness of my previous post. I do not take kindly to being called a liar.
Stay Safe.

12-16-2008, 06:42 AM
First, I want to thank the gentleman in the FWC truck (biologist?) on the side of the road who forwarded my information. Secondly, I want to thank the officer who recently called me back and apologized on behalf of FWC for dropping the ball on my complaints. He was more than familiar with the two individuals who I believe are poaching behind my house and will be meeting with me later this week. Lastly, I cannot believe you guys. I am not "279 Naples" nor any part of FWC. I feel sorry for the guy if you are willing to turn on one of your own on a public forum. "279" came from my wanting to add a few digits after "guest" to distinguish my posts. It is simply the prefix to my cell phone which was sitting in front of me at the time. As for name tags, guns, light bars, etc. and identifying your exact jobs, no offense, but as a member of the public that is not my job, nor do I care. For the record I never mistook the biologists for officers, I expected my complaint to be forwarded to the appropriate resources, which apparently it now has been. As for seeking advice on the LEO forum, why not? I didn't get anywhere with contacting anyone directly. Again, you guys work the field and know how to get around the system. How do I know to come here? First, it is a public forum utilizing a public domain with no passwords or registration process. Secondly, I am a member of another field of emergency services. I do apologize for the harshness of my previous post. I do not take kindly to being called a liar.
Stay Safe.Still no name, county, or any other identifier. When a case is made on this property someone please post the information. I still don't believe a word of it.