PDA

View Full Version : Some things never change

12-04-2008, 11:58 PM
Anyone else think it is insulting that yet again our admin leader (ha) fails to notify our Police Department members that Chief Velong is officially no longer our Chief and is retired? Just like they (OK the top 2) never told us when 1 was named Interim Chief and the other acting Deputy Chief before the press release to all city employees and the news media? The retirement party announcement does not count as an official notice of the change of command and power you idiots.

Their leadership skills suck worse than I have ever seen. Me Me Me Me - it's all about me (And secrets, secrets, secrets-if I keep a secret from everyone, then I am better than everyone else.)

God I hope they open up the Chief's position and it is not just another insulting white wash. The one "groomed" for it, is nothing but a continuation of the idiot in charge now - and in my opinion potentially even worse with more evil intentions. Using GOD as a cover does not make it less evil.

I can list several times he blatently took credit for other people's good actions or ideas and has lost his temper in a red faced-vein throbbing-quiver. Not to mention how he dis-trusts every patrol officer in the department. We are not rampant with corruption like your old department was. Oh - and it was not the patrol division then anyway - was it?

YES city manager this is exactly what we need.......a convenient bible thumping, lie to your face, selfish, credit stealing, back stabbing, Officer Bill of Rights violating, forgotten how to do police work Chief.

12-05-2008, 10:45 PM
So I tell the truth and I know most all of you have the same opinions and no one has the courage to at least agree on here?

I know you are all afraid of retaliation but SPEAK UP! Tell the stories we have all seen at roll call and everywhere else. What happens when anyone disagrees with the "groomed one"?

12-06-2008, 01:00 AM
I agree, if you don't like something he proposes, he glares at you across the table and proceeds to do small things to teach you not to disagree with him again. This is what you have to look forward to. :evil:

12-06-2008, 01:19 AM
I agree too! He does not take a disagreement well at all. HOLY SMOKES does his face get red.

12-06-2008, 05:38 AM
Personally I really like the guy and he has never done anything to me. I don't see why everyone can't just give him a chance. I believe Albano has alot to offer this department and I see this department going in a very good direction under his leadership.

12-06-2008, 10:17 AM
I think you give him a chance before you declare him no good. You would want the same. Fair is fair. I say wait until he has the job and then see what kind of guy he is. If you still think the same then ok, but you may be surprised that the guy wants to be a good leader.

12-06-2008, 01:12 PM
Top Dog, I agree with you IF you are talking about the Patrol Commander. If you mean the other guy, you are insane! I am sure you personally have witnessed his red faced, screaming, baby fits. This is not what our City needs!

12-06-2008, 01:36 PM
I am a resident of Temple Terrace and I am a little confused. Doesn't a govenment have to advertise a position as important as a Police Chief, so that anyone interested could apply? I don't know this man/lady ya'll are speaking about but it doesn't sound right to have someone appointed without finding out if there is someone better out there. Can someone tell me how this process is supposed to go? Thank you.

12-06-2008, 05:49 PM
To Resident: Not sure but it works like this in this department. New guy is hand picked by the old chief because they both thump the bible (nothing against the bible but I don't care for, do as I say not as I do). Chief brings him to all the big political functions, keeps him away from all "controversial" things like union negotiations, lets him get credit for others ideas, covers up all his stupid mistakes (like paying a claim to an arrestee when the officers were actually correct), and then proclaim him the obvious choice. I think the City Manager is not that stupid and I have hope that he sees through the set-up and opens this up for interviews.

12-06-2008, 08:56 PM
I think you give him a chance before you declare him no good. You would want the same. Fair is fair. I say wait until he has the job and then see what kind of guy he is. If you still think the same then ok, but you may be surprised that the guy wants to be a good leader.

Give him a chance???? What? We have given him plenty of chances. He has been here for what like 2 years, what leadership has he shown??? Yes, he might want to be a good leader but come on, get real, if he hasn't shown it by now, he never will!

12-09-2008, 02:11 AM
Did he really pay off a family for an arrest that was correct, but labeled it a false arrest?
I heard he did everything trying to look like a savior but after further review it was determined to be absolutely correct. I didnt know we actually paid out any money?

That was a cover up then huh? more to come?

12-09-2008, 04:58 AM
If your favorite color is red, disagree with him or take an opposing stance, you'll see red all over his face, then he sets about making sure you don't ever disagree with him again.
I ask you is this the guy to lead? OPEN IT UP!!!! there has to be some qualified people out there that don't declare a holy war on you if you don't blindly agree. God and Velong may have picked him but we sure did not.

Mr. Leinbach are you there?

01-29-2010, 01:16 AM
Sgt Collins sure knew wht he was talking about. I wish we all listened sooner, but at least we are taking notice now