PDA

View Full Version : KWPD Fallen Officer

12-02-2008, 03:32 AM
Key West police officer commits suicide
BY CAMMY CLARK
cclark@MiamiHerald.com
A Key West police officer died early Monday of a self-inflicted gunshot wound at his home, according to the Key West Police Department.

Keith Rendueles, 28, of Big Pine Key, had been with the police department for eight years. Since 2004, he had been a member of the K-9 Narcotics Unit with canine partner Daxo.

Rendueles' roommate heard a gunshot at 3:17 a.m., finding Rendueles dead, according to the Monroe County Sheriff's Office that is investigating.

Why Rendueles killed himself is not clear. ''We're still looking into it all,'' Sheriff's Office spokeswoman Becky Herrin said.

''It's a heartbreaking day for everyone here,'' Key West Police Department spokesman Alyson Crean said.

Rendueles' personnel file was full of letters from people in the community commending the job he did, Crean said.

''The letters acknowledged him for his professionalism and quick response,'' Crean said.

Rendueles was not married.

RIP .....

12-02-2008, 05:18 AM
I MISS YOU ALREADY. I CAN'T BELEIVE IT...TAKE CARE BROTHER.

12-03-2008, 01:31 AM
So sad. Rest in peace, brother.

Wedge2112
12-03-2008, 10:05 AM
My heart goes out to the friends and family of Ofc. Keith Rendueles.
Rest now brother, well take it from here.

12-04-2008, 01:25 AM
I am so sorry for your lost. The family and the KWPD will be in my prayers.

02-15-2009, 12:20 AM
ANYONE KNOW WHY HE WOULD TAKE HIS OWN LIFE?
WEIIIRD!

Unregistered
10-20-2014, 11:27 PM
I know I'm a little late...it's been almost 8 years now. Keith was a good friend of mine. I moved away from Key West just months before this happened. I couldn't believe it...I still don't feel that this happened as it was told. I miss you, Keith! You still after all this time, are not forgotten.