PDA

View Full Version : chief search

11-24-2008, 10:29 PM
OK, so the agency posts for a chief, way back when, through the Fla Chief's Association. The cutoff date has come and gone, the resumes have been ranked and everyone is waiting for the city manager to do....something!!!! It has gotten so embarrassing that the Chief's Association sent letters to all that applied stating, " We are sorry for this delay but the city has not moved on this"! Why post, hire the association to assist in the search, have applicants send resumes, transcripts and other relevant information if you are not even going to act! Hey, over analysis causes paralysis..... The City of Bartow is not doing itself a service and you are compromising the integrity of your search, besides the damage it is doing to the morale and stress level of the police officers and community..........To not decide, is to decide ,not to do anything.....yawn.

11-25-2008, 08:08 PM
waaaaay in the back of your medicene cabinent is your prescription. feel free to take one and shut up.

11-30-2008, 12:34 AM
waaaaay in the back of your medicene cabinent is your prescription. feel free to take one and shut up.
Did you mean medicine cabinet ? Next time that big dusty thing with all those pages in int, and all those words and stuff, it's called a dictionary, feel free to use it, then shut up, unless you have speech to make at the college!!!!!!

12-01-2008, 03:37 AM
Did you mean medicine cabinet ? Next time that big dusty thing with all those pages in int, and all those words and stuff, it's called a dictionary, feel free to use it, then shut up, unless you have speech to make at the college!!!!!!

Did you mean all those pages in "it"? and, did you mean, unless you have "a" speech to make at the college!!!!!" ?

u r a nerd dude.

12-16-2008, 04:53 AM
My question is this, if the police chief associations is handling the hiring and they handle the applicant process for other cities, who's to say they are recommending to the better candidates to pursue employment through other cities? The City's delay is costing us as each day passes.

12-16-2008, 12:26 PM
My question is this, if the police chief associations is handling the hiring and they handle the applicant process for other cities, who's to say they are recommending to the better candidates to pursue employment through other cities? The City's delay is costing us as each day passes.
The association is just ranking the applicants and sending the recommendation to the city manager, it is up to him to do the hiring or ask for more resumes. As far as the association steering applicants to other cities, possible but unlikely......

12-16-2008, 03:32 PM
I'm not suggesting that they would intentionally steer them away, but there are alot of chief openings around the state. The longer time clicks on, the more likelihood that the "good ones" or at least better ones will be snatched up by competing cities.

12-19-2008, 01:25 PM
The city manager has the shortlist of about 15 people. Now, a group of "citizens" will create questions to ask the candidates and presumably the list will be shortened from there.

12-21-2008, 06:15 AM
15?, and working with citizen to get questions?...and we're in the middle of the holiday season. I go back to my original statement that he is dragging this out and it is going to cost us the best candidate.

12-27-2008, 01:35 AM
i guess the city manager learned quickly that it's a certain group of citizens that really run this town. Welcome to Mayberry - but dumber

01-01-2009, 11:41 PM
I REALIZE THAT THE PERIOD OF TIME FOR APPLYING FOR CONSIDERATION OF BEING YOUR NEW POLICE CHIEF HAS EXPIRED. HOWEVER, SINCE I AM ABOUT TO RETIRE FROM PINELLAS PARK PD IN A FEW MONTHS, I DON'T GUESS I WOULD HAVE STOOD MUCH OF A CHANCE ANY WAY. TRUE??

01-02-2009, 08:33 PM
Our last chief retired from pinellas park pd and he didn't work out so well.

01-04-2009, 05:52 PM
"didnt work out so well"...that's an understatement....unless you are one of just a few. All the more reason to bring in from the outside, there is a lot of untapped potential within the department that is and has gotten overlooked because they didnt fit into a certain circle. I say look outside and bring new blood in; then everyone can be judged on their merit and accomplishments.

01-05-2009, 12:38 AM
guys,

i think pppd is just another troll that is prob from our own rangks. ig nore it.

01-09-2009, 02:20 AM
Any thoughts on who the 15 are? I have asked around and aside from the one to the west, I haven't heard of any.

01-10-2009, 01:50 AM
There is a list going around the P.D. Im sure someone will post it eventually.

01-11-2009, 02:23 AM
Hey guys, first time visitor to your site. Sorry for not being able to use my name, you'll understand why as the post progresses. The Chief for the agency I am with in North Georgia has applied for your Chief's job. In reading your posting I noticed that you say the search has been narrowed to 15; I am wondering if my Chief may be one of those. My reasoning is straight-forward, while he looks great on paper and his references are probably unmatched, I assure you he comes with excessive baggage. At the present, he is in the drop so our problems are almost over; however, if possible I hope to caution the next unfortunate souls. Again, I apologize for the lenght; if he has infact makes your final listing, I would be more than happy to provide some more accurate references for your C.M. to check.

01-11-2009, 11:34 PM
thanks anyway, but if I remember correctly, there is no one for Ga. on the final list.