PDA

View Full Version : LAW and ORDER

11-24-2008, 12:30 AM
Ok Just for fun. Worst Attorneys out there and any stories you might have about them. You can use initials and other things to describe them if needed. I am sure you all have some great courtroom stories. I hate to leave the lawyers out of this board.

11-24-2008, 01:29 AM
A young kid drove about 60 mph through a housing parking lot. I was at the apartment complex on an unrelated call, but the compl and myself had to get out of his way or else get hit by his pick-up truck. If I didn't have to jump out of his way, then I wouldn't have chased him down. After I got in my patrol car and FINALLY caught up with him, he was just a stupid rich kid who had a few drinks. He had alcohol in his truck (just a few beers - a 12 pack) plus open containers. He had a ****y attitude after I stopped him (he just didn't get it), so I arrested him for reckless driving, but since he was just young and stupid, I didn't cite him for the alcohol. Then he hired an attorney who should have known better, especially after reading the PCA.

I couldn't believe that she (the attorney) took the case. :roll: I'm not going to say what happened to her because it would make me look like an arse, but.... never mind... nuff said. :cry:

11-24-2008, 07:39 AM
I'll be the first to throw Varina Van Ness under the bus as one of the most arrogant ****y women I have ever met. Majority of her clients are minorities and she indirectly accuses or insinuates that ever case against these people is racially motivated. She also tried to make it appear like every cop is lying, when all of her clients are actually dumb enough to do what they got caught for. Depositions with her are always painfully long, and she asks the most retarded questions, most of which have nothing to do with the case. I have always wanted to ask her how she can sleep at night knowing she is selling out the safety of her community to make money, and allowing some of the most violent, repeat offenders to walk away from their criminal acts on technicalities. My only hope is that she takes some of her money derived from her drug dealing delinquent clients, and go to a doctor that can fix that scruffy voice of hers. It pierces my ears every time she opens her fat mouth, and reminds me of the nasty chain smoking lady from the movie Kingpin!!! Thanks for reading...

11-24-2008, 12:47 PM
Hit the treadmill please. Your not hot!

11-24-2008, 05:40 PM
Varinia was that way when she was a state attorney. She hated the police then too. When you look how low an attorney is, look a little deeper and you'll find her. I fell sorry for Scott

11-24-2008, 08:16 PM
About seven years ago I worked an agg battery/hate crime where a white guy smashed a skateboard over the back of a black guy who was at work minding his own biz. I went to the PFI with SAO Art J. During the PFI, he asked me all these inane questions about the case. I asked him if he bothered even reading the pca. He was unaware that I had classified it as a hate crime and had no clue that there was video in evidence that had the whole incident on it. Anyways, in the middle of the PFI, he asks me if i'd like to have dinner with him some time. I said, "Aren't you married or something?" He said he had a girlfriend. I asked him, "Hypothetically, if we were out to dinner and your girlfriend saw us out, would she be upset?" He said, "uh, yeah she would". I'm like, "Uh, yeah, I don't think so Art." Totally blew my impression of him. Next!!

11-27-2008, 01:29 AM
Come on fellas, here is your chance to speak your mind!

11-27-2008, 01:51 AM
Some of this stuff simply can't be put into writing, at least not the names.

A defendant accused me of committing a pretty bad crime. Nope, there's no truth to it. No way!!! So anyways, I have to go to court against the defendant for a previous crime that he committed because I was the arresting officer.

I knew who the public defender was, so I pulled him/her aside and told her about the defendants false allegation against me. His/her eyes got as big as silver dollars. I knew the public defender pretty good, so he/she knew that I would never lie.

So trial came. The public defender did his/her job and defended the defendant. However, he/she could have objected a lot, but he/she didn't. Instead, she let the facts stand on their own merit. He/she didn't vigorously defend the defendant, but instead, he/she let the defendant sink himself.

I have a great deal of respect for public defenders. I refuse to go any deeper then that on this public forum. Suffice it to say that there are good cops and bad cops on both sides of the fence, just like there are good attorneys and bad attorneys on both sides of the fence. It's all in how you play the game. We've entered into a very interesting profession. Do the best you can!!! That's all the public asks!!!

The names are withheld to protect the valiant.

11-27-2008, 02:10 AM
Do you think that these drug lawyers just like money or do they, hate us as people?

11-27-2008, 02:20 AM
Do you think that these drug lawyers just like money or do they, hate us as people?
Noooo they don't hate us, even if they have to lambaste us in court over a judicial fire. It's all part of a game. It's an adversarial system, as our founding father intended. It's not about innocence or guilt, but instead, its about who presents the best case! ;)

Yes, the drug lawyers like the money, but so do cops. Where else can you go with a GED and get paid our salaries? Well, attorneys have bills too. ;)

11-27-2008, 10:36 AM
When Verinia worked for the SAO, she spent all her time trying to find case law to drop your case, other than to prosecute it. She would try and twist case law to conveniently say she could not get a conviction. We had to go over her head several times to get cases reinstated that she nolle prossed. Now she is representing these grow house boys from Miami and LEO is wrong for stopping them! Go figure.

11-27-2008, 02:50 PM
I don't like the attitude or position several of the defense attorneys have taken over the years, that is, "all cops are lying, cheating bigots that would do anything to make an arrest." There are a few in the Pub Def office still like that John Scot...... is one and MS VV that you are talking about is another in private practice doing that. The sorry part about all of this is that she use her position at the SAO to learn all she could with the intent of using it against us at a later time. Smarter than your average bear but with the loyalty and ethical standards of a scorpion. I don't think she evr was on the side of law and order, just get they guy off regardless of what it takes.

11-27-2008, 03:53 PM
I don't like the attitude or position several of the defense attorneys have taken over the years, that is, "all cops are lying, cheating bigots that would do anything to make an arrest." There are a few in the Pub Def office still like that John Scot...... is one and MS VV that you are talking about is another in private practice doing that. The sorry part about all of this is that she use her position at the SAO to learn all she could with the intent of using it against us at a later time. Smarter than your average bear but with the loyalty and ethical standards of a scorpion. I don't think she evr was on the side of law and order, just get they guy off regardless of what it takes.
To an extent, I fully understand why most public defenders and private attorney's make us look bad (and feel bad) in court while we're on the stand. It's their job to discredit us and to blow smoke and to create smoke-n-mirrors to create doubt in the minds of the jury. It's not about us or our "feelings" getting hurt or about making us look bad. That's their job. It's an adversarial system and we're a part of it. Now that I fully understand what an adversarial system is and how it works, I use it to the fullest extent in traffic court. I make the traffic violator look bad and I make him say stupid things in court. I lead him without asking leading questions. I'm just now starting to get the hang of it and I've been here for quite a few years.

11-27-2008, 11:50 PM
Giant nose too. Man shes hard to look at.

11-28-2008, 10:09 PM
+1