PDA

View Full Version : Soldiers

11-19-2008, 12:59 PM
What the hell is going on around here? I can't believe that our own Officers who are enlisted in the Military are being penalized for serving our country. They are given the weekend off of their shift to go to military training and when they return they are forced to make up those days on their shift during the same work week. So that means that they work FRI/SAT/SUN for military training and come back and work on their scheduled days off to make up those days they missed. That's complete bullsh!t! Can the department do this? One of the Officer's wanted to comp out on one of the days he was forced to work on his day off and he was told he could not. They told him he HAD to work and could not comp out, even though there were enough Officers on the shift. Its not like these Officers are going out for some R&R at some remote resort in the Bahamas... they are training in fu@#ked up conditions and then are forced to come back and make up days?
This department is completely backwards in their ways. Lets put Detectives on day shift so that they can go to court all day and not handle any call for service. And where are the f-ing cars? How hard is it to order parts for cars that you knew were coming a year ago? How bad is it when an Officer rushes out from a restaurant while on a 12 to run 315's to an Officer, and when he gets in his car it won't start. He has to get a patron from the restaurant to get up from their food and jump start the Officer's car.... How embarrising! How bad is it when there aren't enough Officers on a shift to take perimeter points on a good 26 subject that the Officer just chased for a block or two and is pinned down within the perimeter.
WTF?

11-20-2008, 09:25 PM
This department has turned into a complete joke. It starts from the D-BAg chief to Major Prescott (you know the major that got promoted because he is black). That military idea came straight from Prescott. He is no smarter than RPH Jr. They both deserve each other. Those poor soldiers working 10 damn days in a row. I was told they are so embarassed to go to military training because all the other soldiers laugh at thier department. And now I see a new email about suspended with or without pay. Yeah chief, way to motivate everyone and bring morale back-up.

What the f%$%# have you done here chief............NOTHING. I have so much to say in this survey my hand is going to fall off. Keep trying to take away OT, the more we will make because you dont know how to run an agency. Have you once stood up for your officers or staff. NO, you are a suck-ace bobblehead and the city managers DO-BOY. This place is so out of control, I am embarassed to work here. Unfortunately I have too many years invested here to leave. Chief RPH, you are a waste and I wish very bad things to happen to you in referecne to your employment here.

12-01-2008, 08:43 PM
IT'S ALL FUN AND GAMES TILL SOMEONE CALLS THIER CONGRESSMEN, AND FILES AN OFFICIAL USERRA COMPLAINT ON THE DEPARTMENT, THAT THEY ARE NOT TAKING CARE OF THE OFFICERS WHO ARE IN THE MILITARY. IM SURE CHANNEL 7 OR THE NEW TIMES WOULD LOVE THAT. :cop:

12-03-2008, 01:46 AM
Hundreds of N. Miami Beach homes face reinspection
An unlicensed North Miami Beach building inspector has certified hundreds of sheds, roofs and fences in the last year thanks to a paperwork flub.
BY CARLI TEPROFF
cteproff@MiamiHerald.com
Hundreds of North Miami Beach residents who have had their roofs, fences or sheds inspected in the last year will have to have them inspected a second time.

That's because more than 500 inspections were done by a city inspector who was not licensed by Miami-Dade County. North Miami Beach staff realized Ideris W. Denis was not properly licensed when it did not get a renewal form for a county-issued license for him in October when all of the other renewals for city inspectors were sent.

Any inspections conducted by Denis have to be redone, according to the Miami-Dade County board of rules and appeals.

North Miami Beach officials had to appear at a Nov. 20 hearing to explain why Denis had been able to perform inspections without a proper license.

Denis was hired by the city in December 2007. City building departments are required to fill out and send paperwork to the county in order for inspectors to get the Miami-Dade license.

But the paperwork for Denis' license was never sent, City Manager Kelvin Baker said.

''We are doing damage control,'' Baker said. ``All we can do now is make sure we fix the situation as soon as possible.''

Denis has conducted 511 inspections since he was hired last year, said Phillip Azan, the new head of the city's building department.

Roofs accounted for 174 of those inspections, the rest were sheds and fences.

Beverly Hobson, director of the city's human resources department, said Denis met the proper requirements for the job and was qualified to work as an inspector. She said the lack of proper licensing was a result of an oversight on the part of the city's building department.

Azan started his new position in mid-November. One of Azan's predecessors, Dale Lee, said he interviewed Denis -- but retired as head of the building department before Denis' hiring was complete. Lee's successor, Steve Pizzillo, resigned about a month before the city realized Denis was not licensed, Baker said.

Baker said the city would not charge residents for reinspections.

''I am optimistic that there will not be too many issues out there,'' Baker said.

Denis has been temporarily assigned to other duties in the building department, city officials said.

The city is dispatching other inspectors to revisit Denis' work, Azan said.

The county board wants a monthly update.

Michael Goolsby, the chief of the Miami-Dade County Code Compliance Department, said the North Miami Beach flub was a first for him.

''I've never seen anything like this,'' he said. ``It is up the city to make sure the proper paperwork is in place.''

Residents whose homes were inspected by Denis can call 305-948-2967 for more information.

12-03-2008, 10:08 AM
Once again, Hobson passes the buck. Its an HR function to be sure "ALL" required paperwork is in order when hired ! Like other staffers, she is out of her league and has been! Others who are qualified are overlooked and hidden in back offices.

12-03-2008, 09:19 PM
Hobson is a completely incompetent idiot, but of course, she'll never be held to account because that would be "racism".

12-05-2008, 04:16 PM
It's sad to say, but Hobson and Prescott are in their positions for the same reason...........Because of thier RACE........no other reason. Obviously, thier qualifications are not up to par to be in those high ranking positions. I have heard so many negative comments through the years from people around the county of incompetence, when it comes to both of these individuals.
City of N.M.B. (NO MORE BRAINS)

12-06-2008, 05:47 PM
I'm getting sick and tired of you annonymous cowards stating that "Hobson and Prescott" get what they get and are where they are because of thier RACE. This is 2008 not 1908. "Hobson and Prescott" got where they are at the old-fashioned way........ With hard-work. It had nothing to do with race. Nothing! So all you annonymous cowards stop complaining. That's why our dept. is the way that it is, because of all you crying, jerkoffs who point fingers and blame sex, race, and national origin. Get a life losers

12-06-2008, 11:54 PM
Yeah right... we deal with the facts right from LL's mouth as told to us at roll calls. So now whats your comment! Also BH cant make a decision to save her life. She is a boat anchor and way out of her league... I know someone who is black in HR that can run circles around BH... I dont care what color you are, even gender.. etc.. but you have to show us you can do the job and BH and KP have done neither ! Incompetence is incompetence ... no matter who you are! Actions speak louder than words ! KP I cant take the pressure... I need to go out for a ride... yeah right !

12-09-2008, 09:53 PM
I'm getting sick and tired of you annonymous cowards stating that "Hobson and Prescott" get what they get and are where they are because of thier RACE.

Do you mean cowards like Linda Loizzo, our former chief of police, who stood before a room full of cops and specifically said that Kevin was only being promoted because he was black? Honestly, I can't even believe that Kevin accepted the job, knowing what she said about him. I thought that he had more character and self respect than that, but I guess that I was wrong. Obviously I was.

And Beverly Hobson is as dumb as a box of rocks. If she had a single competent bone in her body then people would not assume that she was an affirmative action baby, but since she does not, since she is as stupid as the day is long then people inevitably assume that she, like Kevin, got promoted because of her skin color and for no other reason. Beverly is utterly worthless.

12-10-2008, 07:29 AM
Oh yeah, Kevin has so much self respect instead of turning down the job he took it and will be getting free insurance when he retires unlike you. God, sometimes you people are so stupid.

12-10-2008, 09:32 AM
Free insurance.. it maxes out at 80% for himself after many years which he wont survive. City insurance is a joke! Learn your facts and dont deal with "rumors"

Our City PD has no true leaders with guts !

12-12-2008, 01:46 PM
Oh yeah, Kevin has so much self respect instead of turning down the job he took it and will be getting free insurance when he retires unlike you. God, sometimes you people are so stupid.

If by accepting a token appointment Kevin traded his dignity, integrity and self respect at NMB...is his health insurance really free? Everyone pays for what they get, be it with money or in Kevin's case his principles and character. I choose to pay for my health insurance with cash rather than my honor. Virtue is like virginity, once you lose it you never get it back.

But hey, that's just me and to each his own. Thanks for the reply.

12-12-2008, 04:13 PM
You think KP is smart because he became a token for free health insurance? No wonder this place is so filled with back stabbers and suck aces! Not only is JE more respected than KP because of his qualifications, but he is and will always be more respected because he would not agree to sell out for a buck.

:devil: