PDA

View Full Version : Arnold Gibbs may possibly lead us out of this mess

11-18-2008, 12:27 AM
Strong indications point to no other than former member Arnold Gibbs as the new Chief of Police. While other candidates are also in the running, his name has come up several times as the man to replace the current maladies that are afflicting this department. :D

11-18-2008, 12:33 AM
Oh good, maybe he'll finally find the $150,000.00 from the Property Room for the past 20-plus years! Just what the City of Miami needs!

11-18-2008, 02:25 AM
Not a chance in hell will Arnie Gibbs be back within the Banana Republic.

11-21-2008, 03:04 PM
IS HE THE GUY THAT ALWAYS WEARS A STETSON? THAT WON'T WORK..I DON'T LOOK GOOD IN A STETSON

11-21-2008, 03:22 PM
IS HE THE GUY THAT ALWAYS WEARS A STETSON? THAT WON'T WORK..I DON'T LOOK GOOD IN A STETSON

The guy in the stetson is Clarence ****son

11-21-2008, 03:27 PM

The guy in the stetson is Clarence ****son

WHEW! WHAT A RELIEF. I LOST MY LAST STETSON IN MY COMMANDERS A%%!

11-21-2008, 07:41 PM
We'd be better off with Andy Gibb.

11-21-2008, 08:32 PM
We'd be better off with Andy Gibb.

Hate to break your heart, but "Andy Gibb died on March 10, 1988, just five days past his 30th birthday. His death from myocarditis (inflammation of the heart) followed a long battle with cocaine addiction, which had weakened his heart."

We have better idea. Since ethical conduct is not longer an issue, given Timoney's repeated violations and he is still there, let's bring back Donald Warshaw!

11-21-2008, 08:49 PM
Like I said. WE'D BE BETTER OFF WITH ANDY GIBB. Get it Knucklehead???? I guess some guys are slow.

11-21-2008, 10:34 PM
Like I said. WE'D BE BETTER OFF WITH ANDY GIBB. Get it Knucklehead???? I guess some guys are slow.

Forgive us for being obtuse! We can only hope to be as astute and witty as you! How brilliant of you to mention a person that has been dead for more than ten years to replace the irreplaceable Timoney. That's pure brilliance!

11-21-2008, 11:26 PM
You are forgiven. Like i said some guys are just slow. LOL

11-26-2008, 03:50 AM
Hey, a ten year old dead guy, is a vast improvement over Johnny Lexus. You know he won't get a freebie, let alone lie repeatedly. Yes, Give me the corpse the job, dig him. Hell, he's better looking then t$ alive. :D

11-26-2008, 01:55 PM
Hey, a ten year old dead guy, is a vast improvement over Johnny Lexus. You know he won't get a freebie, let alone lie repeatedly. Yes, Give me the corpse the job, dig him. Hell, he's better looking then t$ alive. :D

Touché! Probably a better leader too!

11-26-2008, 04:20 PM
I dont think that Johnny Lexus is the problem;He is never around to begin with. The problem lies with the Enfant Terrible and his gang of zeroes that are make believe heroes. He is the one that as been running things around here and is the one that has gotten us into such a sorry state of affairs.

11-26-2008, 05:46 PM
Technically, you are correct. Still, who's Miami’s police chief? When in command you can delegate authority, but never accountability for the actions taken or not by those to whom you have delegated authority to act on your behalf! Since his arrival, Timoney has been on a six year paid vacation, playing golf and traveling on the City's dime, while BK and his minions decimates the rank and file's morale and by extension, their ability to effectively serve and protect the citizens of Miami!

Fortunately, this will come to an end on November 3, 2009!

11-26-2008, 06:37 PM
You all throw around November 3, 2009 as if it were D-Day. Let me tell you what is really going to happen on that day: NOTHING!! Bk will become Chief and everything will stay the same. It's not going to be Burden (or his wife) and it's not going to be Exposito or anyone else. It will be Frankie baby. The faster you recognize that, the easier you'll have it. By the way, how come the media doesn't do a story on the nepotism in this place and Burden's hatred of anyone not black??

11-26-2008, 08:22 PM
Wake to the reality of our time! Blacks are impervious to criticism, really untouchable, just because they are black.

As to Frankie becoming Miami's police chief, only if Joe Sanchez is elected, for he will be an extension of Manny Diaz!

11-27-2008, 02:24 AM
Stop the hatred. Chief Adam has historically based his decisions on merit not color. He is fair and unbaised. Many of the people that he surrounded himself with are thre because of their competence (including his wife) and not because of any kind of favoritism. If he becomes chief you can be sure he will lead the department in the same manner. If Frankie gets the nod he will surround himself with the upsets of the department and if its Miguelito you will see the Seiglie types florish. Lets hope and pray it's Adam and not Miguelito or Frankie.

11-27-2008, 04:36 AM
Really. How many whites thus Adam have working in his Office? None.. He sure has alot of good looking black females though... JAJA Way to go Adam! Keep it up.. All of it. Don't worry your wife doesn't care. She is getting it as well. Just check her phone.! :devil:

Black Power!

02-07-2009, 07:14 PM
Really. How many whites thus Adam have working in his Office? None.. He sure has alot of good looking black females though... JAJA Way to go Adam! Keep it up.. All of it. Don't worry your wife doesn't care. She is getting it as well. Just check her phone.! :devil:

Black Power!

Assistant Chief AB, for one, has one of the smallest offices of all the senior command staff. How many whites does he have working in his office complex - none. . . last i checked he has 3 females, 1 who is hispanic. How many more can he fit in there?

How many whites does Assistant Chief TC have in his office complex - none . . . oh, but you consider the 3 hispanic females in his office as white?

Oh, now let's look at Deputy Chief FF office complex.

When BC had the office, he had 4 people working for him (a hispanic male captain, a black female sgt, and 2 black female clerical staffers). DC has 6 people working for him (a hispanic male ea, a hispanic female sgt.,a white male sgt., a black female po, a hispanic and a black female clerical staffers). Big difference in FF's staff is that when the clerical staff is not at work, the work doesn't get done!!! How many times have you received ticklers where you were given short due dates?? You think that is because the COP's office gave FF a short due date?? Nope, his staff can't make a move unless he approves of it. When BC was there, his sgt. was able to make decisions that affected the division, not just the office staff!!!

02-09-2009, 06:15 AM
After reading all the post on this thread, I say dig up the dead guy. Can't do any worst. He should add a new air to the 4th floor. But BK as chief will kill this place as an effective police agency. 87 % want nothing to do with BK, Johnny Lexus had 80%. Can you feel the LOVE.

02-22-2009, 11:53 PM
Arny Gibbs??? hELL yEAH!!!!!!!!

02-23-2009, 12:59 AM
Arny Gibbs??? hELL yEAH!!!!!!!!

I have my helicopter ready to pick him up aslong he makes :devil: :evil: :snicker: :lol: me Deputy Chief( Blom) and Exposito Assistant Chief. Juana Casiano Major and Francisca Pichel Colonel ( like the old days). :devil: :evil:

02-23-2009, 05:12 PM
Why would Arnold want to come back and put up with this mess?

02-25-2009, 02:49 AM
I heard that Gerald Daring is interested in the chiefs position. He would be better than Burden...maybe?

02-25-2009, 11:41 AM
Go Arnie!!! Yeah!!!!

02-25-2009, 01:07 PM
What a joke

Everybody wants to go backwards.

We need new blood not the same old stuff

NARGA
03-17-2009, 07:51 PM
I don't believe there is a snow ball chance in hell that Arnold Gibbs would ever return. He is enjoying his retirement way too much.....And besides, Arnold Gibbs has what it takes to tell City Hall where the buck stops.....He is a deeply religious man. However, under no circumstances are you to assume that this soft spoken man lacks in any way intestinal fortitude.... If you do, you will be sadly mistaken..

03-22-2009, 12:30 AM
I don't believe there is a snow ball chance in hell that Arnold Gibbs would ever return. He is enjoying his retirement way too much.....And besides, Arnold Gibbs has what it takes to tell City Hall where the buck stops.....He is a deeply religious man. However, under no circumstances are you to assume that this soft spoken man lacks in any way intestinal fortitude.... If you do, you will be sadly mistaken..

I worked for Arnold Gibbs many, many years ago. He was well liked and respected by all. He has a very strong command presence, and a thunderous voice (and a sense of humor). I would hope and pray that he returns to MPD. He left at the bidding of his wife for the sake of their young daughters. Miami, back then, had become too much for them to handle. He wanted a place where his girls could grow up and be safe.

ARNOLD GIBBS for CHIEF OF POLICE :devil: :devil: :devil:

03-22-2009, 03:58 AM
Who is this guy with the helmet and shades? Is he with the department? What's his stake in this?

03-22-2009, 06:30 AM
Who is this guy with the helmet and shades? Is he with the department? What's his stake in this?Absolutely no stake, just regretting he let BK run him out of here :roll:

03-22-2009, 05:08 PM
Wasn't Arnold Gibbs the guy that made a suggestion at a staff meeting that we should have take-home horses as a way to cut down on travel time for mounted to bring the horses from Tropical Park ?

Wow!!! He's either the epitome of "thinking outside the box", or he's the dumbest guy I ever met.

03-22-2009, 08:15 PM
Yeah, That's Arnold. The guys living in west dade or Broward would have had a long gallop home. He may not have been the brightest of leaders but he sure was lenient on the troops. Heck, his aid (then Sgt Brenda Williams) used to walk around the 5th floor in a robe and slippers. Again, not much in the way of leadership but a nice guy.

03-22-2009, 08:26 PM
Wasn't Arnold Gibbs the guy that made a suggestion at a staff meeting that we should have take-home horses as a way to cut down on travel time for mounted to bring the horses from Tropical Park ?

Wow!!! He's either the epitome of "thinking outside the box", or he's the dumbest guy I ever met.'d

Let's see if I understand you, you mean Arnold Gibbs suggested to staff that the mounted officers be permitted to take the horses home once they 06'd? The same way that K-9 take their dogs home?

03-22-2009, 09:46 PM
Good for you Oldtimer I see you are able to connect the dots.

03-22-2009, 10:28 PM
[quote="T. Tresh":d4nov72i]Wasn't Arnold Gibbs the guy that made a suggestion at a staff meeting that we should have take-home horses as a way to cut down on travel time for mounted to bring the horses from Tropical Park ?

Wow!!! He's either the epitome of "thinking outside the box", or he's the dumbest guy I ever met.'d

Let's see if I understand you, you mean Arnold Gibbs suggested to staff that the mounted officers be permitted to take the horses home once they 06'd? The same way that K-9 take their dogs home?[/quote:d4nov72i]

Yes, you understood it correctly.

03-23-2009, 12:30 AM
I do not see what the big deal is. Have any of you ever seen Mr Ed. That horse lived in the living room and talked, I think if we can train these horses like Mr Ed then its a super idea to save the City money. We could use that extra money for two spare tires in all our cars incase we get two flats at the same time.

03-25-2009, 01:26 PM
I don't know how smart Arnold Gibbs is, but I do know that they kicked him in the butt out of Cape Coral for incompetence. Check the newspaper articles on the west coast.

03-25-2009, 09:22 PM
I don't know how smart Arnold Gibbs is, but I do know that they kicked him in the butt out of Cape Coral for incompetence. Check the newspaper articles on the west coast.

May 4, 2008 (San Dimas, CA) Police-Writers.com is a website that lists state and local police officers who have written books. The website welcomed its 1000th police officer: Chief Arnold A. Gibbs.
Chief Arnold Gibbs was born in the Bahamas and raised in Miami. Chief Arnold Gibbs has a BA from Barry University as well as a Master’s in Management from St. Thomas University. Chief Arnold Gibbs is a decorated US Army veteran, having served three years including a one-year tour in Vietnam. At the age of 22, he joined the Miami Police Department. During his law enforcement career with the Miami Police Department he earned the Miami Police Department Medal of Honor and rose to the rank of assistant chief. In 1994, he retired from the Miami Police Department and became the Chief of Police for the Cape Coral Police Department (Florida). He retired from the Cape Coral Police Department after ten years of service. Chief Arnold Gibbs is the author of The Ties That Blind and Where Are the Champions: A Simple Approach to Effective Criminal Justice and Social Reform.
According to the book description of The Ties That Blind, it “is quite appropriate to the time in consideration of the present growth of interest in religious and spiritual matters. Additionally, much of the story’s prophetic content is extremely relevant to the events of September 11, 2001, although the book was completed prior to that date. The author skillfully depicts the realities of racial prejudice; much of the violence being recounted from his experience, while driving home the point that love always conquers hate. It is a true inspiration to people of faith, criminal justice practitioners, and those who fight for racial equality and brotherly love.”
According to a reader of The Ties That Blind, “Arnold’s portrayal of the pains of prejudice inflicted on the innocent broke my heart, but with each turn of the page he showed how love, honor and loyalty to one’s beliefs can overcome even the most deeply imbedded hatred. A truly inspiring story you won’t want to put down!”
Another reader said, “This was one of the most interesting and saddening depictions of race and prejudice in America. Nowhere has the truth been portrayed in a more realistic and sobering fashion. Arnold Gibbs captures the essence of the era, and reveals the truth about the hurt and pain of injustice. I would highly recommend this to student of justice, and American History.”

03-25-2009, 10:51 PM
Additionally, much of the story’s prophetic content is extremely relevant to the events of September 11, 2001, although the book was completed prior to that date.

Wow I didn't know he was a Prophet.

I see it also states that he rose to the rank of assistant chief. sorta like Warshaw only Gibbs at least made sergeant. Interesting fellow, a prophet maybe, a nice guy definately, a leader for the MPD no way.

03-26-2009, 02:56 AM
ARNOLD GIBBS WAS A GREAT LEADER IN THE MIAMI POLICE DEPARTMENT. THEY RAN HIM OUT OF MPD LIKE SO MANY OTHER GOOD HONEST LEADERS BECAUSE HE WAS NOT A CROOK, HE WAS NOT UNTRUTHFUL, HE DID NOT ACCEPT FREE LEXUS, AND HE DID NOT CHANGED CRIME STATS. YOU GUYS DESERVE TMONEY AND BOY KING AND HIS FOLLOWERS. SO STOP IMAGINING THAT ARNOLD GIBBS IS RETURNING TO MPD. AFTER TMONEY, YOU DESERVE EXPOSITA AND HIS FOLLOWERS. BUT DONT DISPAIR, THERE IS HOPE, THE FEDERALES ARE ALWAYS LOOKING.

03-26-2009, 03:04 AM
Take the horses home when we 06? Great idea. Oh boy,Pla will be estatic and we can hear him scream about imaginary 3-29's at banks all day and night,l.o.l.
Luis,didn't they teach u at academy not to listen to citizens/bakers who tell u,Ofc. There are armed robbers all over the bank,l.o.l.

03-26-2009, 04:08 AM
Come on my friend. Arnie a GREAT LEADER? Great guy, wonderful human being but a GREAT LEADER? Only if you don't mind riding a horse home. LOL

04-05-2009, 04:52 PM
Ya he made sgt on his 3rd attempt and only after the federales stepped in with thier consent decree. Truly a legend in his own mind