PDA

View Full Version : Atlanta Officer Courtesy?

11-16-2008, 06:37 AM
Hi there, my mom got a ticket in Atlanta on I-75 from one of your area 4 Officers about 1 week ago? Any chance of getting some assistance with it? I am a LEO in South Fl....

11-16-2008, 10:02 PM
Good luck... these guys in GA dont know what its like to take care of family or other LEO's. I have been a COP for over 30 years and never ... ever ... wrote a cop or family member a ticket... ref "traffic". And yes, I have no problem putting a corrupt cop in jail which I did... but traffic.. has always been a discretion no matter who you are... ATTITUDE and COURTESY but not in GA ! I wish you luck.

11-18-2008, 04:52 AM
That is a real shame. I only hope that I have the opportunity to extend some courtesy to a GA cop someday. And I am NOT being sarcastic. The same cop who wrote my mom a ticket, I would give a break to....that's just the way I am. 11 years as a LEO and I have never written one, or their family members....and never will. If we don't take care of our own, noone will.

11-26-2008, 09:14 AM
That is a real shame. I only hope that I have the opportunity to extend some courtesy to a GA cop someday. And I am NOT being sarcastic. The same cop who wrote my mom a ticket, I would give a break to....that's just the way I am. 11 years as a LEO and I have never written one, or their family members....and never will. If we don't take care of our own, noone will.

not many atl cops look at this site. Most dont know about it which is a good thing. So ur chances of getting an atlanta cop on this site is next to zero. I suggest you call him direct its easy enough for them to dismiss it since they set their own court dates. You can get the phone number for the zone 4 pct from the apd website. Thats your best bet, most of the APD guys are pro cop so you prob will be able to get it taken care of.

11-27-2008, 05:02 PM
Yeah I did call and leave a message for him, but did not get a return phone call. maybe a coincidence, but I will not keep calling and harrassing him. Thanks for your help though.

05-08-2009, 04:27 AM
I've never written a cops family or a cop a traffic ticket. I'd go out of my way to help a fellow LEO out . Don't generalize all of us Ga boys like that..I've been helped before by a Fl. leo before. Stay safe down there..