PDA

View Full Version : Cowboy Hats

11-12-2008, 02:15 AM
Holy crap, let me start by saying I'm not trying to make fun of any of you! What the hell was your admin thinking when they decided to make you guys put cowboy hats on? This is Florida not Texas, if they were concerned about professional image, the way to go would be the campain hat ie, drill instructor cover. Maybe your admin has been watching to much of Walker Texas Ranger, I truly feel bad for all of you. Stay sae and God bless.

11-12-2008, 08:36 AM
Whose position is it to say a campaign hat would be more "professional" looking than a Stetson? It's kinda like saying a single breasted suit is more professional looking than a double breasted one; it's strictly a subjective call.

And native Florida is a lot more similar to Texas than you might think. Ever been to an area called the PANHANDLE? Ever been north of Orlando? Ever seen the hundreds and hundreds of cattle farms in Arcadia? Ever been to Southwest Florida (Naples, Fort Myers, etc)? What you see in Fort Lauderdale and Miami is not necessarily what the rest of the state is like!

11-12-2008, 01:54 PM
Just look at the picture floating around of the female captain and officers in the panhandle...How embarrassing, yep, it sure gets attention, but FWC is now a brunt of alot of jokes! As I have said before -- will take a reprimand before I wear that freaking thing. And, the new hat is Not a Stetson OR is not a Stetson style hat you can get from a police magazine. It is a true cowboy hat where you have to purchase from a country western store.
giddy up.
Still in shock! :shock: :oops:

11-12-2008, 02:38 PM
The bad thing is the hat is spreading. Leon County SO just placed an order for the same hat.

11-12-2008, 11:41 PM
Whose position is it to say a campaign hat would be more "professional" looking than a Stetson? It's kinda like saying a single breasted suit is more professional looking than a double breasted one; it's strictly a subjective call.

And native Florida is a lot more similar to Texas than you might think. Ever been to an area called the PANHANDLE? Ever been north of Orlando? Ever seen the hundreds and hundreds of cattle farms in Arcadia? Ever been to Southwest Florida (Naples, Fort Myers, etc)? What you see in Fort Lauderdale and Miami is not necessarily what the rest of the state is like!

Sorry, didn't mean to affend you. Getter done!!

11-15-2008, 03:26 AM
That Captain on your website looks like a knock-off from Broke Back Mountain!

Who's going to be the Indian Chief...Construction Worker...Y...M...C...A

This is an insult to every state worker. While the majority suffer through budgetary cutbacks, the FFWCC choses to re-outfit all their officers into cowboy suits.

SHAMEFUL!

11-16-2008, 10:11 PM
Them hats, bring back the look of the real Florida. For those of you who moved down here from up north, the same road that brought you will take you back.

11-16-2008, 11:48 PM
I just saw the website and I cannot believe it. That is the funniest thing I have ever seen! The hats do not even match the uniforms. What happened to that guys radio? All I saw was his radio holder. Good job FWC. I love my campaign cover!!! Oh and GFC Lt.....well nevermind I think your name speaks for itself. Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee Haaaaaaaaawwwwwww

11-17-2008, 05:01 PM
Just did a quick overview of a few SO's and seen where the three term sheriff of Pasco County loved the FWC look and going to implement it in his county. Looks like Tallahassee is raising the states standards. BTW, are the hats madatory for you guys to wear?

rickjames
11-17-2008, 06:15 PM
Just for certain dress occasions other than that its not required wear

11-18-2008, 02:08 PM
That Captain on your website looks like a knock-off from Broke Back Mountain!

Who's going to be the Indian Chief...Construction Worker...Y...M...C...A

This is an insult to every state worker. While the majority suffer through budgetary cutbacks, the FFWCC choses to re-outfit all their officers into cowboy suits.

SHAMEFUL!

Alot of references here to an alternate lifestyle...It's OK, no need to be ashamed you can come out of the closet now.

11-18-2008, 08:21 PM
Laird,

Still bitter after all these years, and still in the closet I see too!!! Maybe the guy from the keys that works w/ you helped write it.HHMMMMM???

11-18-2008, 11:42 PM
Them hats, bring back the look of the real Florida. For those of you who moved down here from up north, the same road that brought you will take you back.

Big x4 on that! As a bumper sticker I saw once said, "If you love New York, take I-95 north." :evil:

rickjames
11-19-2008, 12:23 AM
AMEN!