PDA

View Full Version : Beauty is in the eye

11-08-2008, 12:05 AM
Does anyone from the city want to explain the facts surrounding the alleged $100,000 ugly p.o.s. that the city is or may be purchasing sitting in front of our train station? The same city that has denied us any type of fair and decent pay increase for several years. Not stirring the pot, yet, just want to know the facts.

11-08-2008, 06:25 PM
I'm sure it was some type of grant like the Arizona Palm Trees.

11-09-2008, 02:30 AM
Not yet....They are looking for a grant...As of now...It is on loan.

11-09-2008, 02:26 PM
They city sure knows how to find grants for trees, sign posts and whatever else they want. Can I put one on your list? How about trying to find a grant to give back our tuition assistance program that conveniently disappeared the semester that the city (mis)manager got his GED or AS. Not asking for a pay raise. God forbid we ever see one of those, just would like to retain our benefits. BTW what is our make-believe union doing to prevent any of this? What is the FOP going to do when they yank our vacation overage payout in the coming months and mess with our pensions? This is only two things on their lists of benefits that they are going to do away with. Think it won't happen? Go sign up for a college course and let me know how much the city pays of it!

11-10-2008, 10:51 AM
BTW what is our make-believe union doing to prevent any of this? What is the FOP going to do when they yank our vacation overage payout in the coming months and mess with our pensions?

I am glad to see your interest in what the Union is doing. Since you seem to degrade the "make-believe" union a priority in your posting, I have a suggestion: call me or Geissenberger and we will gladly make you lead spokesperson at the negotiating table. Matter of fact, you can direct all of your concerns to John Moore at the table. Then, after you get the answers you so eagerly await, you can relay it to the membership.

However, something tells me that you will remain anonymous and will not make the phone call. It's a shame because I can tell from your posting that you are a seasoned negotiator who gets results and would leave Mr. Moore cowering to your demands.

And for all those who don't hide behind LEOAffairs, you are welcome to call me. Negotiations will begin early 2009. As you all may or may not be aware, the Fire Department is currently working to negotiate a new contract. So far, the City and the Fire Department have not agreed to several key contract terms, one of which is a pension modification. I am keeping an eye on the process for it will likely be a indicator as to what we will face when we start negotiating our contract.

Again, if you have concerns about what is going on, please call me at 894-5392.

11-15-2008, 03:36 AM
Got yelled at by a blonde officer in your dept that looked in her upper 30 lower 40's...was one of the greatest officer to civilian moments of my life...thank you very much!

11-15-2008, 07:12 PM
BTW what is our make-believe union doing to prevent any of this? What is the FOP going to do when they yank our vacation overage payout in the coming months and mess with our pensions?

I am glad to see your interest in what the Union is doing. Since you seem to degrade the "make-believe" union a priority in your posting, I have a suggestion: call me or Geissenberger and we will gladly make you lead spokesperson at the negotiating table. Matter of fact, you can direct all of your concerns to John Moore at the table. Then, after you get the answers you so eagerly await, you can relay it to the membership.

However, something tells me that you will remain anonymous and will not make the phone call. It's a shame because I can tell from your posting that you are a seasoned negotiator who gets results and would leave Mr. Moore cowering to your demands.

And for all those who don't hide behind LEOAffairs, you are welcome to call me. Negotiations will begin early 2009. As you all may or may not be aware, the Fire Department is currently working to negotiate a new contract. So far, the City and the Fire Department have not agreed to several key contract terms, one of which is a pension modification. I am keeping an eye on the process for it will likely be a indicator as to what we will face when we start negotiating our contract.

Again, if you have concerns about what is going on, please call me at 894-5392.

I guess Ken is protected by Leo Affairs. Ken what happened to the PCSO FOP Spokesperson? What happened with your ULP Lawsuit? Why cant you answer?

11-15-2008, 10:19 PM
Mr Deputy. Why do you want to come here and try to stir the pot. We really don't want to read about your problems at PCSO.

11-16-2008, 04:08 AM
Mr Deputy. Why do you want to come here and try to stir the pot. We really don't want to read about your problems at PCSO.

Oh, sorry Officer Afienko, I mean Attorney Afienko, I mean FOP Rep Afienko. Which hat is it?

11-17-2008, 02:35 AM
Actually, he isn't an FOP rep.... He is the attorney for the FOP.

You really should get your facts straight before you come on here and play with the big boys...sorry..and girls..

Mod 557
11-17-2008, 03:01 PM
Patrons of LEO Affairs, please remember our terms of use and be mindful of your postings. If you make personal attacks, or accusations of a legal nature, your post will be removed and you could possibly face being banned. Keep posting, and enjoy the fantastic ability to vent on our site, but do be careful. Thanks all! Mod 557

11-24-2008, 02:33 AM
Did the city get a grant 2 pay for the palms? someone told me d.o.t. still hasn't paid the bill. Prob because we needed to use native trees not $100,000 arizona palms. If someone has knowleage of this please inform. If we get stuck paying for that metal piece of junk in front of the brick piece of junk, there will be heck to pay. Everytime I open a paper, I see this city wastefully spending money on stupid items, ie: $500,000 parking lot at the Performing Joke center, palm trees in the medians of hurricane evacuation zones (can anyone say palm tree in the windshield?), how about the thousands of dollars we have dumped into the library and neighborhood services (check out all the $ in remodeling, furniture, and tons of co-directors, vice assistants positions in these two divisions). Randy, bring this up at the next meeting!