PDA

View Full Version : If it aint broke...

11-07-2008, 07:47 PM
Dunno if anyone else feels this way, but it seems to me the old CAD did everything the new cad does, easier. It was easier to read, to access needed info, priority calls were color coded, it refreshed continuously, actually had the sector assigned without having to access the narrative, access to other districts, AND it did not display units that were x85 for three days still on the board, plus when a call cleared, it cleared, not staying on there for hours. I dunno maybe its just me beating a dead horse or redundancy. Our job is tough enough, lets not clutter it with the un-needed.

Hope the Sheriff got a 90 free trial on this thing.

11-08-2008, 02:05 AM
I agree with alot of what you say but i think that once the bugs get worked out of the new system, it will be better than the old system. Touch screen computers would be nice. If youv'e never seen Osceola County's system, it ROCKS! My only question to staff would be....when can we expect all the bugs to be gone? It seems to me that if we are paying millions of dollars for something, the least Tiburon could do is make it work...NOW

11-08-2008, 01:33 PM
can't you see the big picture. they don't care if the old cad was better. they needed to put a system in place that could accommodate all of these city pd's that they've contracted with for law enforcement and dispatch services. this overzealous desire to take over everything has created new district boundaries that make no sense whatsoever, too much radio traffic on each channel that causes mass confusion, and understaffed patrol platoons. and, i don't think that they even care, which is sad.

11-08-2008, 02:22 PM
That, my friend, is the clarification I needed. Well played. So much for fiscal conservatism; oh yea, except when in comes to the "fair pay" dogma...

11-12-2008, 04:26 PM
I recently learned that you can pull up past calls from previous days and you can pull up calls by case numbers .... Its not THAT HARD... it simply requires you to enter a string of text that resembles some sort of arabic alphabet.... followed by a string of text that resembles something NASA would use to code their shuttle launch sequence... followed by your member number and BAM ! you get WHATEVER YOU NEED! :devil:

11-17-2008, 02:13 PM
over a month into this new system and in my opinion, it still sucks. no way this is better than the old system. we just went backwards. you don't hear one word about how terrible it is anymore except from deputies trying to use it everyday. what a waste.

11-18-2008, 01:44 AM
I am glad i'm not the only one with this opinion. Sorry guys...new cad just plain ...yea i'll say it...sucks. EVERYTHING you can do on this new thing could be done on the old cad, easier and better. Whats so tough about just upgrading the old one? Guess staff had to spend 6M on something other than COLAS and STEPs, otherwise giving it back to BoCC.