PDA

View Full Version : Where Am I?

Carl Shawver
11-07-2008, 01:00 AM
This is a feature that I originated on the retired agents message board which is not available to the public. The concept is that a photo is posted that should be moderately familiar to well traveled people and ask if someone can identify it. Of course things like the Eiffel Tower are "grounders" but there are some landmarks that look familiar but you can't quite recall what or where they are. Others are quite obscure but there is usually a landmark or a sign in the photo that gives a clue and it takes a bit of investigation to determine where they are.

Anyone can participate. Give it a try. To minimize confusion we give the photos successive numbers, beginning with A1, then A2, etc.

We will start with an easy one.

Where am I?

A-1

http://i232.photobucket.com/albums/ee317/giovannicurione/pisa-1.jpg

11-11-2008, 02:25 AM
Leaning Tower of Pisa, Pisa Italy.

11-11-2008, 03:18 AM
That was too easy, but it was just a warm up.

How about this one?

A-2

http://i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb8/crueltruth/Indc.jpg

11-12-2008, 03:38 AM
Lincoln Memorial - Washington, D. C.

11-14-2008, 10:30 PM
Right, of course.

I was ready to move on to some of my own photos from my travels around the world, but I've found it somewhat labor intensive to move them onto this board, so I'll probably abandon this project.

That doesn't preclude others from posting some photos if they want to.

:mrgreen:

Carl Shawver
11-14-2008, 10:54 PM
Well, maybe one more.

On the other board someone actually got this one right away.

http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h42/exagent007/Unidentified.jpg

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

11-16-2008, 08:15 PM

Uh, where did the Good Guesser go???

__________________________ :devil:______________

11-17-2008, 02:13 AM
Heh - Heh Heh Never under estimate the "Good Guesser" Bracken Store Cafe, Bracken, Texas.

11-17-2008, 02:25 AM
Heh - Heh Heh Never under estimate the "Good Guesser" Bracken Store Cafe, Bracken, Texas.

I didn't underestimate you.............

I just IDENTIFIED you as coming from the other board. This, with another post you've made even tells me who you are.

Since you know the system maybe you would like to post a photo.

11-18-2008, 01:00 AM
I might just do that. at least they won't be censored like certain other boards I know where they are still fighting the civil war.

11-19-2008, 10:02 PM
I might just do that. at least they won't be censored like certain other boards I know where they are still fighting the civil war.

More correctly known, of course, as "The War of Northern Aggression."

Or, as my great-grandmother called it, "The Recent Unpleasantness."

Do you think they are still fighting the war or are just ignorant about it?

But what can you expect from folks who have no concept of the history of the United States, and/or don't have any family connections with people who participated in the war, or even further back, to the American Revolution. Funny about how they don't get all worked up over the display of the Union Jack ---the nation of those sailors who were the principal slave traders on the high seas at the time.

Personally, I had family on both sides in the war --- more on the Union side than the Confederate side --- but I've been abused for my (non-existent) slave holder ancestors. But logic does not prevail when the bigots and the censors move in. :roll:

Anyway, I like the atmosphere on this board. Within the written Terms of Use, free speech prevails.

:D