PDA

View Full Version : Volusia Sheriff's Sgt. Vickery Driving Drunk?

11-04-2008, 02:39 AM
Investigation Underway After Drunk Deputy Allowed To Get Ride
http://www.wftv.com/news/17878203/detail.html
Monday, November 3, 2008

VOLUSIA COUNTY, Fla. -- When police pulled over an off-duty Volusia County deputy, he reeked of alcohol, had bottles in his truck and openly admitted he was drunk, but he didn't go to jail. Instead, he got to call for a ride.

An anonymous source told Eyewitness News about the double standard and there are now two investigations into the incident. It comes a day before Election Day for Sheriff Ben Johnson, who just weeks ago admitted he has occasionally had a couple drinks and climbed behind the wheel.

It started at an off-beach parking lot where a police officer saw a sheriff sergeant and his girlfriend sleeping under a blanket. He had to yell five times and shake him just to wake him up. A traffic ticket, for failing to maintain a lane, was a Volusia sheriff sergeant's only punishment after he was pulled over in his truck, smelled of alcohol and even failed a field sobriety test.

"The officer made a determination on his own to allow the subject to be driven home," said Det. Max Binz, Ponce Inlet Police Department.

From the first contact on the beach, Ponce Inlet Officer Chris Selander had with Sgt. Ken Vickery, the report said Vickery smelled like alcohol. He was reportedly arrogant and argumentative. Police left him on the beach, only to see him 45 minutes later driving on A-1-A, crossing the lines and swerving onto the shoulder.

"We take DUIs here very seriously. Our officers have discretion. I was not on the scene. I could not say for certain. At this time, we are conducting an Internal Affairs investigation," Binz said.

During the stop, right in front of Ponce Inlet Town Hall, another sheriff sergeant showed up, talked to Vickery and left. The police officer wrote in his report that Vickery was under the influence, but then let him call a friend for a ride and go home.

Sheriff Sergeant Ken Vickery was working Monday. He has not been disciplined before and was just promoted to sergeant this year.

11-04-2008, 04:28 AM
This isn't going to end well. Your time couldn't be worse, Kenny.

11-04-2008, 04:37 AM
You mean "FORMER" Sgt Vickery?

11-04-2008, 09:46 AM
Release of swerving sheriff's sergeant raises questions

November 04, 2008
Daytona Beach News Journal
By LYDA LONGA Staff Writer
http://www.news-journalonline.com/NewsJournalOnline/News/Local/newEAST01110408.htm

An off-duty Volusia County sheriff's sergeant who admitted he was too drunk to remember his own tag number avoided a DUI even though he swerved his truck 10 times along Ponce Inlet's main thoroughfare, a police report shows.

Sgt. Kenneth Vickery was never arrested or charged with DUI by Ponce Inlet police Officer Chris Selander during a Sunday morning traffic stop.
Now Vickery and Selander will be the focus of separate internal affairs investigations by their respective agencies.

Officials said Vickery's investigation will focus on his actions when he was stopped in Ponce Inlet; Selander's will examine how he handled the incident when he first encountered Vickery, then watched him sloppily drive his pickup six blocks as he headed north on South Atlantic, the report states.

"We take DUIs very seriously," said Ponce Inlet Investigator Max Binz. "The entire call is under investigation."

Neither Vickery, who works in the sheriff's training division, nor Selander, a patrol officer, will be placed on leave while the queries are conducted. The law enforcement officers did not return telephone calls Monday.

The report Selander turned in details two encounters with Vickery.

At about 1:20 a.m. Sunday and under a steady rain, Selander came upon two people sleeping on the beach at the Oceanview Avenue approach. After the officer's repeated yelling, a woman jumped up, revealing a man lying beside her, the report shows. Selander recognized Vickery.

A "strong" odor of alcohol wafted on Vickery's breath and Selander told the sergeant and his companion, Kristina Settle, to stay on the beach, the report states. Settle was a sheriff's deputy for a short time but did not meet the conditions of her probation, said sheriff's spokesman Gary Davidson. She left the agency in May 2005. But Vickery did not heed Selander's advice.

A while later, Selander, while on patrol, spotted Vickery in his 1999 Ford truck, driving north on South Atlantic.

He saw the truck cross over the white shoulder line on the road three times. Then Vickery swerved onto the grassy shoulder four times. Finally, the sergeant crossed over the double yellow line three times, Selander wrote in his report. Selander stopped Vickery in the 4300 block of South Atlantic and then the officer called Sheriff's Office Sgt. Greg Miles to the scene, but it's unclear why.

In a memo Miles sent to his superiors, he says he spoke to Vickery, but before he left the scene he told Selander "to do whatever he needed to do with this incident," Davidson said.

Selander asked Vickery to perform a field sobriety test. After several refusals, arguments and verbal jabs, Vickery agreed to perform the tests after Selander threatened to arrest him, the report states.

Vickery struggled with the sobriety tests and Selander told him he was drunk and would likely fail a breath-alcohol test, the report shows. He also told the sergeant to call someone and arrange to be picked up. After more arguing on Vickery's part, including a statement by Vickery that Selander had no probable cause to arrest him, he called a friend, the report states.

When Selander told Vickery to sign a liability disclaimer so he could leave his truck in the parking lot at Town Hall, Vickery couldn't handle that either.

As he attempted to write his tag number on the form, he blurted something like, "I'm so drunk, I can't remember my (expletive deleted) tag," Selander said.

In spite of the insults, the weaving and swerving and an admission by Vickery that he was impaired, Selander did not charge him with DUI.

Instead, he gave him a citation for an improper lane change, the report shows.

11-04-2008, 10:21 AM
This is from the News Journal Blog

Speaking of DUI's, Why do cops cover for other cops? Ponce Inlet police stopped a beligerant and drunk driving Volusia County Deputy Sargeant Ken Vickery this saturday night 11-01-08. After Bosco and Miles arrived to watch the investigation (More like influence the outcome) he was let go. Isnt it funny how with an election on tuesday, Johnson would send his croneys down to cover this up. Seeing since Vickery probably thought it was ok to drink and drive since his boss sets the example. Johnson has got to go!!

Hmmmm. Watch Commander Lt. Bosco's and Sgt. Miles' were at the scene?

11-06-2008, 12:54 AM
No watch commanders were anywhere near that call. Let's no start spreading rumors and worry about the facts. I don't think it should be blown up like this. People claim we are corrupt or power abusive when we cut other cops breaks. Think about it, why am I going to screw another Ofc. or Dep. when he might be my backup on a call when the s*** is hitting the fan I like to know that any ofc. that shows up to save my ass isn't the guy I wrote a ticket to or arrested.

11-06-2008, 01:31 PM
No watch commanders were anywhere near that call. Let's no start spreading rumors and worry about the facts. I don't think it should be blown up like this. People claim we are corrupt or power abusive when we cut other cops breaks. Think about it, why am I going to screw another Ofc. or Dep. when he might be my backup on a call when the s*** is hitting the fan I like to know that any ofc. that shows up to save my ass isn't the guy I wrote a ticket to or arrested.

So you think officers should always allow other officers to commit unlawful acts because they might be able to help you in the future?

And a few people mentioned the thing about Lt. Bosco being there. Are you certain no watch commander was there?

11-06-2008, 11:30 PM
Audio In Alleged Deputy DUI Released
Officer Allows Deputy To Go After Failing Test

Click below for video and the audio
http://www.local6.com/news/17924420/detail.html

PONCE INLET, Fla. -- The audio from a traffic stop in which a Volusia County sheriff's deputy was pulled over on suspicion of drunken driving was released Thursday as a multi-agency internal investigation continues.

Ponce Inlet police Officer Chris Selander recently pulled over Volusia County sheriff's Deputy Ken Vickery, who failed a field-sobriety test but was allowed to go home without being arrested.

Vickery was pulled over after swerving outside of the lane in which he was driving 10 times in a six-block area, police said. His girlfriend was in his pickup at the time of the incident.

"Do you feel you're intoxicated?" Selander said.

"No," Vickery said.

"I think you are. We both know the game here. I'm asking you to perform the field-sobriety (test), sergeant. Based upon my training and what Ive seen so far and heard, I have enough probable cause to place you under arrest," Selander said.

"I'm trying to work with you, sergeant. I've never arrested a cop in my life, and I've never given a ticket to a cop in my life. I've been a cop for 10 years, just shy of 10 years. I'm trying to work with you, dude," Selander said. "I would like you to perform a field-sobriety exercise so I can determine if you should drive or whether you need a ride home."

"You are intoxicated, OK. You know as well as I, you've had way too much to drink, judging by the way you're driving and by what I saw in your eyes. You had too much, but I'm going to let you go home. You just got to call somebody. That's all I wanted -- that you do the (field) exercise. You've had too much to drink, sergeant," Selander said. "So get your cell phone, call a friend to get you and your girlfriend and your truck, and you can go home."

"I'm not in the mood to put my job on the line for 13 years of law enforcement," Vickery said.

"But you're doing that now. You're doing that now," Selander said.

On the audiotape, Vickery is heard admitting to being drunk and said he tried to sober up after spending time on the beach.

Neither law enforcement officer has been disciplined, and the investigation into the incident is expected to be completed next week.

11-07-2008, 10:00 PM

So you think officers should always allow other officers to commit unlawful acts because they might be able to help you in the future?

And a few people mentioned the thing about Lt. Bosco being there. Are you certain no watch commander was there?

Come on now dude. Did I say anything about "always" cutting other leos breaks? To assume that I would feel that way is ignorant. As for the answer to your second question, I am 100% positive that the Lt. was not there.

11-08-2008, 10:23 AM
Deputy, officer argue over DUI stop
Ponce cop heard trying to help county sergeant

http://www.news-journalonline.com/NewsJournalOnline/News/Headlines/frtHEAD03110808.htm
By EILEEN ZAFFIRO
Staff Writer

A Ponce Inlet police officer who pulled over an off-duty Volusia County sheriff's deputy on suspicion of drunken driving last weekend was apparently trying to help his fellow law enforcement officer, an audiotape of the traffic stop reveals.

"(Sheriff's) Sgt. Greg Miles is going to come and get you," Officer Chris Selander is heard saying on the tape he made early Sunday morning. "I'm not going to arrest you. You can relax. You know you've been drinking probably a little too much. I saw the alcohol in the car. I can smell it."

A short while later on the 45-minute tape, Selander goes on to say, "You're a sergeant now. You get to keep your job, and that's your career."

But the deputy, Sgt. Kenneth Vickery, still seemed intent on arguing he hadn't done anything wrong and repeatedly raised Selander's ire as the pair stood in the 4300 block of South Atlantic Avenue. Vickery, who works in the sheriff's training division, insisted he hadn't crossed any lines on the road, hadn't swerved and wasn't speeding.

"You ran off the road, and, now, you're basically calling me a liar," said Selander, a patrol officer. "I didn't have to do any of this. You could be sitting in that jail right now. You still can."

Selander reminded Vickery he had seen him earlier that night on the beach at the Oceanview Avenue approach and smelled alcohol on his breath then. But Vickery also argued about what happened on the beach, saying he was only drinking soda and that he and his girlfriend fell asleep there, despite a steady rain.

"She wasn't passed out. I wasn't passed out. We were sleeping," Vickery said on the tape.

Selander asked Vickery how many drinks he'd had that night, and there was a long pause of silence.

"Before I got in my truck or after I got in my truck?" Vickery finally responded.

Later, he insisted he'd pass the breath-alcohol test.

The conversation continued to switch from calm to arguing.

At one heated moment, Selander said, "You'll be lucky if you have a job after this. Now, sign the ticket, keep your mouth shut and go home."

At another angry moment Selander said, "I think you want to go to jail. I'm tired of your attitude. . . . You don't even act like a police officer. You don't even act like a sergeant."

Vickery responded: "I don't know why I'm getting my (expletive) kicked."

"Because of the way you're talking," Selander said. "You know how to talk to a police officer whether you want to or not. . . . You're trying to manipulate words."

Vickery apologized, but Selander was still worked up.

"Yeah, you can apologize in my jail cell," Selander said. "I'm getting real tired. You can still get a bunch of tickets. So change your attitude real quick because this whole thing is being recorded. I'm going to document everything."

When all was said and done, Vickery was cited only for an improper lane change.

Neither Vickery nor Selander have been placed on leave while separate internal affairs investigations are conducted by their respective agencies.

11-09-2008, 01:18 AM
Click below to download audio of the traffic stop
Daytona Beach News Journal
It's about 16 MB, so it's takes a couple of minutes. You can right click and "Save Target As..."

http://www.news-journalonline.com/media/audio/news/sgt_vickory110708.mp3

11-14-2008, 12:19 AM
Very interesting... From http://forums.leoaffairs.com/viewtopic.php?f=296&t=80275

From the News Journal Blog

#602 EK2 - Deland, FL. - 11/7/2008 12:56:00 PM
Unfortunately Dergeant Vickery is a good cop, I worked with him for a long time. I had an 11 year history in law enforcement, both as city police officer, and a deputy sheriff in Volusia County. I was arrested for DUI, and ended up being terminated by Volusia County for violating department policy "misdemeanors, whether chargeable or not, which are injurious to the department." I lost my job because I wasn't in the good ole boy click, but I can name several deputies Sergeant S. Helmer, Deputy Eric Kemple, Deputy R. Henshaw, Deputy W. Burnsed, Sergeant B. Socha, and the Sheriff who could have been, or were charged with DUI, but kept their jobs. Sergeant Vickery is a FOB and will keep his job. I have personally witnessed the Sheriff driving under the influence three seperate times. A retirement party, and 2 county parties held at the fair grounds. As for people living in glass houses and throwing stones, the only deputies in Volusia County who don't drink and drive are the deputies in recovery. I rest my case.

#640 EK2 - Deland, FL. - 11/7/2008 2:14:00 PM
Reply to #630 moorfam: They can come after me, I have absolutely nothing to hide. I had wanted to be a cop from the time I can remember, I got to live that dream, and hopefully I will be able to once again. As for naming names anything I have written on here is actually public record, and available to anyone who desire to read the internal affairs investigation. The only one that wouldn't be public record would be the naming of Sheriff Johnson, but after what has recently been published in the news about his driving under the influence, and the fact that he frequents the blind pig pub, and the airport lounge, and that it really isn't a secret that he drinks and drives I don't believe Sheriff Johnson would like to come after me. Sheriff Johnson exclaimed to everyone in my FTEP class that so long as you tell the truth there will always be a position for you with the Sheriff's Office, I was very honest during my internal affairs investigation to the point that I told Lt. Goggin I had a drinking problem, 1 because of the stress of my cheating ex, and financial trouble, but the extreme stress of being an Investigator in the busiest district in the county with a very large case load, you see where that got me. Anyway I do have an attorney and am in the process of filing civil action against the county. Oh yeah Adultry and cohabition are still on the books as a misdemeanor according to Florida law, so all of the deputies are guilty of something, isn't that right Sergeant Pedri, and Deputy Crystal North. I won't hide behind a screen name I am James Mathis,was a very good cop, and please please corrupt officers and deputies of Volusia County come after me.

11-19-2008, 02:47 AM
Whats the latest on Sgt Vickery and Officer Selander of Ponce Inlet. The alleged investigation should be over by now ?

11-19-2008, 03:29 AM
The election is over, nothing will come of this.

11-23-2008, 08:54 AM
There has to be a news media followup ? The "investigation " should be finalized by now,on Vickery (and Selander of PIPD) ??

11-23-2008, 02:46 PM
Nothing is going to happen. There was a carpet here and it all get swept under it.

Whatever
02-26-2009, 05:53 PM
He was drunk. He got away with it, just like all the other cops get away with things. At least this was published in our newspaper and on the news. His ego is so big that that was punishment enough. LOL He's a real jerk.

03-06-2009, 07:49 AM
Ofc Selander is no longer with Ponce Inlet, he was either told to leave or just quit out of frustration over this incident. He was a lousy cop anyhow from what I was told, but apart from his many many other incidents of poor judgement, he was pretty stupid for attracting so much attention to himself over this whole incident, like having his body mike on and recording the whole incident "DUH" ,and writing Vickery a summons, which began the documentation "DUH" "DUH" :roll: Face it, once he found out Vickery was a cop he should have called him a cab and parked his vehicle. He never should have said ANYTHING over the radio,and extended the usual professional courtesy,as one does to a fellow colleague. If at that point Vickery gave him a hard time , he should have done what I did years ago to a fellow "bone headed" drunk cop that I stopped for DUI. He gave me the same hard time that Selander got,and shortly after trying to reason with him,calling him a cab, calling a friend etc and he insisted he could drive , (like Selander tried with the drunk Sergeant) I said: "ok , I'm leaving,but you wont be driving tonight" With that, and making sure his car was properly parked, I climbed into my police car, rolled down the window, and let him see me throw his car keys ,into a dark wooded lot,and waved goodbye. Justice served :!: Now thats how you do it :snicker: The OLD PRO !!!!!!!

05-29-2009, 03:46 PM
Vickery is a complete jerk, and he deserved to be arrested, just like the rest of you arrest "regular" people for DUI. He's a complete alcoholic. He'll get his someday, but at least he's not on the road. He's just some douche at the shooting range. LOL What a joke.

05-29-2009, 05:11 PM
Vickery is a complete jerk, and he deserved to be arrested, just like the rest of you arrest "regular" people for DUI. He's a complete alcoholic. He'll get his someday, but at least he's not on the road. He's just some douche at the shooting range. LOL What a joke.

Sounds like you have anger control issues. Sergeant Vickery was punished....so he got his. If you cannot handle that the punishment fit the crime then it is on you.

He is not some "douche" at the shooting range. He is the Sergeant in charge of a major training facility where there is always training taking place.

Get a life....go to some other blog board (like maybe the News-Journal that hates cops)....

05-31-2009, 02:41 AM
He is not some "douche" at the shooting range. He is the Sergeant in charge of a major training facility where there is always training taking place.

And this is precisely the problem.

06-01-2009, 12:06 PM

There's a real easy solution to your problem: walk up to Vickery and arrange to meet him out of uniform. Then maybe you slap his face. Then maybe he grabs you by your hair, drags you to your knees, and punches you square in the throat OR MAYBE YOU SHOULD JUST KEEP HIS NAME OUT OF YOUR BIG MOUTH BECAUSE YOU DONT KNOW NOTHING ABOUT THE SITUATION YOU PUNK JUST WALK UP TO HIM AND TAKE A SHOT YOU PUNK JUST DO IT OH GOD I DARE YOU AND WISH YOU WOULD DO ITTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT!

06-01-2009, 01:23 PM
[quote="Vickery's Victim":34ljs6xa]Vickery is a complete jerk, and he deserved to be arrested, just like the rest of you arrest "regular" people for DUI. He's a complete alcoholic. He'll get his someday, but at least he's not on the road. He's just some douche at the shooting range. LOL What a joke.

There's a real easy solution to your problem: walk up to Vickery and arrange to meet him out of uniform. Then maybe you slap his face. Then maybe he grabs you by your hair, drags you to your knees, and punches you square in the throat OR MAYBE YOU SHOULD JUST KEEP HIS NAME OUT OF YOUR BIG MOUTH BECAUSE YOU DONT KNOW NOTHING ABOUT THE SITUATION YOU PUNK JUST WALK UP TO HIM AND TAKE A SHOT YOU PUNK JUST DO IT OH GOD I DARE YOU AND WISH YOU WOULD DO ITTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT![/quote:34ljs6xa]

I don't think we need that to happen. Vickery needs to keep a low profile for a little while.

And after we finally had a decent Deputy Refresher after years of not so decent deputy refresher...let's have the training section relax for a bit and get busy writing themselves up for awards and schools and such.

coded67
07-14-2009, 08:45 PM
Ofc Selander is no longer with Ponce Inlet, he was either told to leave or just quit out of frustration over this incident. He was a lousy cop anyhow from what I was told, but apart from his many many other incidents of poor judgement, he was pretty stupid for attracting so much attention to himself over this whole incident, like having his body mike on and recording the whole incident "DUH" ,and writing Vickery a summons, which began the documentation "DUH" "DUH" :roll: Face it, once he found out Vickery was a cop he should have called him a cab and parked his vehicle. He never should have said ANYTHING over the radio,and extended the usual professional courtesy,as one does to a fellow colleague. If at that point Vickery gave him a hard time , he should have done what I did years ago to a fellow "bone headed" drunk cop that I stopped for DUI. He gave me the same hard time that Selander got,and shortly after trying to reason with him,calling him a cab, calling a friend etc and he insisted he could drive , (like Selander tried with the drunk Sergeant) I said: "ok , I'm leaving,but you wont be driving tonight" With that, and making sure his car was properly parked, I climbed into my police car, rolled down the window, and let him see me throw his car keys ,into a dark wooded lot,and waved goodbye. Justice served :!: Now thats how you do it :snicker: The OLD PRO !!!!!!!

"professional courtesy"??? Well, OLD PRO...there's the problem right there. "Professional courtesy", or "thin blue line" or intimidation and blackmail. I am about ask a question that does not refer to the officer involved, but just a question for law enforcement every where....

How could an officer feel safer with a liar, crook, alcoholic, drug abuser, sadist, or murderer backing him up? A criminal is a criminal, unstable and crazy is exactly that. How can you argue that you are keeping yourself safe, when you don't trust the offending collegue to back you up, unless you break the law for him/her? Do you wonder why people are distrustful of Law Enforcement? How can the honest Officers allow this to go on? Are they afraid of the retribution? Are the LEO's who choose this career for the right reasons offended by the ones who choose to break the law? How can you be sure this crooked cop will back you up when you need it?

My life has been screwed up lately because my sister was a victim of the "bad ones". She was tortured and died as a result of overbearing, over zealous, rightous LEO's. She is dead. I saw her dead. I touched her tiny, cold, cold body. Her death was the result of bad LEO's. She was not a criminal, she needed help and they taught her a good lesson because they could. Who's going tell on them? Who's going to rat them out? Who's going to teach them a lesson? They have circled their wagons and they are protected by this "professional courtesy".

Now, as a civilian, who do you think I am going to be able to trust? Who should I go to for help? How do I teach my kids to trust the Police? This is screwed up. It's not how I thought it was supposed to be. I am afraid.

So, OLD PRO, I guess tossing that guys keys into the deep dark would teach him a lesson....keep him from getting back in his car and driving drunk again? Next time, who knows what might happen? Where's the justice served? I don't get it.

07-14-2009, 10:09 PM

"professional courtesy"??? Well, OLD PRO...there's the problem right there. "Professional courtesy", or "thin blue line" or intimidation and blackmail. I am about ask a question that does not refer to the officer involved, but just a question for law enforcement every where....

How could an officer feel safer with a liar, crook, alcoholic, drug abuser, sadist, or murderer backing him up? A criminal is a criminal, unstable and crazy is exactly that. How can you argue that you are keeping yourself safe, when you don't trust the offending collegue to back you up, unless you break the law for him/her? Do you wonder why people are distrustful of Law Enforcement? How can the honest Officers allow this to go on? Are they afraid of the retribution? Are the LEO's who choose this career for the right reasons offended by the ones who choose to break the law? How can you be sure this crooked cop will back you up when you need it?

My life has been screwed up lately because my sister was a victim of the "bad ones". She was tortured and died as a result of overbearing, over zealous, rightous LEO's. She is dead. I saw her dead. I touched her tiny, cold, cold body. Her death was the result of bad LEO's. She was not a criminal, she needed help and they taught her a good lesson because they could. Who's going tell on them? Who's going to rat them out? Who's going to teach them a lesson? They have circled their wagons and they are protected by this "professional courtesy".

Now, as a civilian, who do you think I am going to be able to trust? Who should I go to for help? How do I teach my kids to trust the Police? This is screwed up. It's not how I thought it was supposed to be. I am afraid.

So, OLD PRO, I guess tossing that guys keys into the deep dark would teach him a lesson....keep him from getting back in his car and driving drunk again? Next time, who knows what might happen? Where's the justice served? I don't get it.

Oh I see...officers who go sideways chose their fate so they deserve to get hammered. Your poor innocent sister was a victim...she didn't choose to be a drug addict and she didnt choose to have a chaotic life that led to her death.
Shut up, hypocrite.

07-15-2009, 12:07 AM
Not really sure what you mean. My sister was not a drug addict. She was physically ill and emotionally distressed and, in a hospital setting, administered medication to which she reacted badly. Look...people are people. There are good people and there are bad people...in all walks of life. But choosing to be in law enforcement holds you to a higher standard. I haven't heard of anywhere in the US that requires service. If you re-read my post, I did not classify all officers as bad but, you have to admit that it is hard to tell the difference sometimes. I want to be able to depend on LE. I have always been respectful and appreciative to the hard and dangerous work the field requires. This whole situation has rocked my world. And you would feel the same if this happened to someone you love. Your bitter response certainly didn't go very far in convincing me of anything except that my suspicions are true. There is much documentation in my sister's death. There are many contradictions and bold face lies. There are photos of before and after. And huge ommissions.

I know that LE is often blamed, even when it was not their fault. But, because of these "bad ones", who are protected, the honest LEOs lose the respect they deserve. It seems to me, that if LEOs, as a group, held each other to higher standards by not accepting substandard ethics or behavior, the whole profession would demand more respect. Make each other accountable for disrespecting the profession and for outright crime.

I am not a hypocrite. I am a law abiding citizen who has never come close to being arrested. I have never even had a speeding ticket. I rolled through a 4 way stop sign once and got pulled over. And I got a ticket once for no seat belt. I am going to go ahead and say those offenses are different than what I am talking about. I try to understand why people do the things they do but I am having a really hard time coming to terms with this one. Man, my sister is dead. No second chances, nothing. Gone. And she didn't die a peaceful death. She was scared and it hurt.

04-03-2012, 05:43 AM
Selander was fired from Ponce Inlet,and is now a greeter at Wal-Mart . :lol:

04-05-2012, 04:17 AM
Your sister was a drug addicted dirtbag and you need to find blame so you chose the police....you know kinda the same way your sister chose to smoke crack err I mean become "mentally ill".

10-25-2013, 11:31 AM
[quote="Vickery's Victim":39xkabjb]Vickery is a complete jerk, and he deserved to be arrested, just like the rest of you arrest "regular" people for DUI. He's a complete alcoholic. He'll get his someday, but at least he's not on the road. He's just some douche at the shooting range. LOL What a joke.

There's a real easy solution to your problem: walk up to Vickery and arrange to meet him out of uniform. Then maybe you slap his face. Then maybe he grabs you by your hair, drags you to your knees, and punches you square in the throat OR MAYBE YOU SHOULD JUST KEEP HIS NAME OUT OF YOUR BIG MOUTH BECAUSE YOU DONT KNOW NOTHING ABOUT THE SITUATION YOU PUNK JUST WALK UP TO HIM AND TAKE A SHOT YOU PUNK JUST DO IT OH GOD I DARE YOU AND WISH YOU WOULD DO ITTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT![/quote:39xkabjb]

Well we all know who wrote this , right Vickery ! Your reputation precedes you pal. Do you and Leclerc both drink Jack Daniels ? I know your both in a bottle club together :snicker:

10-25-2013, 09:20 PM
Doesn't anyone come on here, or are some of you scared ? Pathetic, LEO affairs never divulges you I'd or IP address, so don't be afraid. You ought to see what's written on other agency sites if you think this is bad :lol:

01-08-2014, 01:49 PM
No one talk shit about Officer Sealander. He was and will be again the best damn cop...period. He helped another officer that was in a bad situation try to keep his job and freedom based on a bad decision. I know everyone here including myself has made at least one bad decision so get off your high horse. Officer Sealander is the type of cop that one could count on for back up or anything. Officer Sealander doesn't see race, gender or department (Police/Sheriff/Highway Patrol).....he sees blue. Sealander would make any department a damn good cop. All of you can learn from a man like him.

W. Brown

01-10-2014, 01:17 AM
No one talk shit about Officer Sealander. He was and will be again the best damn cop...period. He helped another officer that was in a bad situation try to keep his job and freedom based on a bad decision. I know everyone here including myself has made at least one bad decision so get off your high horse. Officer Sealander is the type of cop that one could count on for back up or anything. Officer Sealander doesn't see race, gender or department (Police/Sheriff/Highway Patrol).....he sees blue. Sealander would make any department a damn good cop. All of you can learn from a man like him.

W. Brown
Ofc Chris Selander, was fired from ponce Inlet not just for this, but for other reasons. He was corrupt, and tried to use his badge for power and sexual favors from Ponce Inlet citizens, and many other things. Trust me, we over here at PIPD know the REAL truth. Sure he did Sgt Vickery a favor, I would have done the same,but this was NOT why he was fired.

Unregistered
10-13-2015, 03:46 AM
This reminds me of when now retired Les Cantrell did this. Not only were the deputies trying to cut him a break but he fought with them, wanting to continue driving while drunk as a skunk. What an ass.

Unregistered
05-02-2016, 04:13 AM
Ofc Chris Selander, was fired from ponce Inlet not just for this, but for other reasons. He was corrupt, and tried to use his badge for power and sexual favors from Ponce Inlet citizens, and many other things. Trust me, we over here at PIPD know the REAL truth. Sure he did Sgt Vickery a favor, I would have done the same,but this was NOT why he was fired.

Just saw this, yea we knew the asshole. Sure he gave Vickery a break, but that was NOT why he was fired. It was because of harassment of decent local citizens, and sexual advances towards female motorists, he stopped.
Good riddance, I heard he is now selling magazines.

Unregistered
12-02-2016, 10:39 PM
This reminds me of when now retired Les Cantrell did this. Not only were the deputies trying to cut him a break but he fought with them, wanting to continue driving while drunk as a skunk. What an ass.

Also reminded me of Les Cantrell who was drunk and belligerent. He is such a lying creep. He took the state corrections unit and drove them into the ground. It figures he is now with costal PBA....what a loser.

Unregistered
05-14-2018, 05:05 PM
Just saw this, yea we knew the asshole. Sure he gave Vickery a break, but that was NOT why he was fired. It was because of harassment of decent local citizens, and sexual advances towards female motorists, he stopped.
Good riddance, I heard he is now selling magazines.
You're absolutely incorrect about this statement you made. You didn't know Ofc. Selander, he wasn't fired, he resigned, he never made sexual advances toward female motorists and he never harassed anyone. Ofc. Selander left to pursue a career in the private sector and from what I hear is doing quite well. Get the facts before you spew garbage about someone on the internet.

Unregistered
05-14-2018, 05:06 PM

You're absolutely incorrect about this statement you made. You didn't know Ofc. Selander, he wasn't fired, he resigned, he never made sexual favors and he never harassed anyone. Ofc. Selander left to pursue a career in the private sector and from what I hear is doing quite well. Get the facts before you spew garbage about someone on the internet.

Unregistered
05-14-2018, 05:11 PM

Old Pro, you don't know anything about Ofc. Selander and you don't know the facts. He wasn't a lousy cop and did much good. He made decisions based on what was happening and things that were said. Many other incidents of bad judgment? You heard lies or you twisted you comments because that is not the truth. Based on your own statements, you're the lousy cop or were.

Unregistered
05-14-2018, 05:15 PM
Whats the latest on Sgt Vickery and Officer Selander of Ponce Inlet. The alleged investigation should be over by now ?

Selander resigned in December 2008 to pursue a career in the private sector and from all accounts is doing well. As for Vickery just Google his name I believe he left the Sheriff's Office after another alcohol related incident.

Unregistered
05-14-2018, 05:18 PM
Selander was fired from Ponce Inlet,and is now a greeter at Wal-Mart . :lol:

Ofc. Selander was not fired from PIPD and definitely is not and has never been a greeter at Wal-Mart. Get your facts straight before you comment on the internet. Selander resigned to pursue a career in the private sector and I hear is doing well.

Unregistered
05-14-2018, 05:23 PM
Hmmmm. Watch Commander Lt. Bosco's and Sgt. Miles' were at the scene?

Sgt. Miles was asked to respond to the scene by Selander since the stop involved an off duty deputy.