PDA

View Full Version : Openings Southwest Fl.

11-02-2008, 12:30 AM
Anyone know if there are any current openings in Charlotte, Sarasota, or Manatee Counties ? Thanks

11-02-2008, 12:49 AM
Always have openings there. also in highlands, hardee, desto, polk, kissimmee river crew. but i would not go to the river crew the supervisor is the biggest A** and THE WORST SUPERVISOR in the state.

11-02-2008, 01:56 AM
Always have openings there. also in highlands, hardee, desto, polk, kissimmee river crew. but i would not go to the river crew the supervisor is the biggest A** and THE WORST SUPERVISOR in the state.

The sawed off little prick needs to follow his buddy Dale and retire to some backwater shithole where he can't screw over any more good officers.

11-02-2008, 02:54 AM
After reading on this forum it sounds like there is not a whole lot of retention due to low pay ( poverty ) and a few bad supervisors ! So could I based on meeting requirements etc. get the FWC to gaurentee me a spot in Sarasota county, Manatee, or Charlotte since they are more desperate than ever ? I don't want to re locate beyond the 3 quoted counties. I've been on the web site to find the recruiters name for this region.....is that the best way to approach ? Thanks

11-02-2008, 12:42 PM
you got it bud. just ask

11-02-2008, 03:54 PM
Hello all,

I took the physical assesment yesterday in Tally. Thank God I passed. There must have been 200-300 applicants there. Really only a handful passed. I just wanted to say that meeting all the officers and supervisors up there, I was impressed. I have been in LE for about 6 years and they were very professional. Everyone I met were "High Speed" and I like that. Anyway, yesterday ensured that I want to come work for you guys.

take care, stay safe.

11-02-2008, 04:28 PM
What kind of schedules are the coastal officers working ? Is the schedule fit to slid in a part time job ? 32k a year maybe was good 20 years ago,the state has to catch up to the year 2009 ! I'm keepin my fingers crossed .

11-02-2008, 07:25 PM
Rotating shifts that change every month. As long as your spouse has a good paying job you can survive on a state L/E employees pay. If not, then it will be tough depending on where you live. Good luck!

11-03-2008, 12:34 AM
I have my panel interview in two weeks. Any general tips? I have had a panel interview for my current LEO job, but I was wondering if there are some area specific questions I should study up on. Also, does anyone know if there are any openings in: Hernando, Pasco, Pinellas, Hillsborough. I can only take one of these counties as I cannot relocate. Thanks for any help.

11-03-2008, 12:42 AM
Go to Lee County Sheriffs Office. The pay and have a great sheriff. The FWC is run so poorly and as you can see from these posts the biggest mess in the state as far as law enforcement agencies are concerned. If you are a go getter, this is not the agency for you. High activity people only get in trouble and the good ole boys that sit in the woods for weeks at a time and make one night hunting case per year are the officers that the agency wants. Save the time and go to a police/ sheriffs office. Good luck :)

11-03-2008, 12:52 AM
Guesthaha:

I worked at a local agency and now the state for the past 5 years. My dream since a kid was to be a conservation officer. My wife makes very good money and I teach criminal justice part-time at a local college. So now I can afford to follow my dream which is what I intend to do. I just really have to stay in the four counties I mentioned above.

11-03-2008, 12:43 PM
Then you are golden. As previously stated, if your spouse makes decent money then you can survive in this job (depending on where you live). Good luck!