PDA

View Full Version : Drop out of the PBA

10-31-2008, 08:20 AM
I have been a member of the PBA since inception as a deputy in the department. However, as time has progressed the PBA has been wrong on a number of issues. First they settle for a dummy test for Sgt and Lt with 80 percent failing. Then they settle for a overtime option that never came to pass thanks to Larry. Congrats to the board members that were able to be promoted under this new system but for those of us who didn't have $500 to give we failed.

Please, please, please, if you disagree with the current board's position drop out and let's send a clear message to Bain and his bud's. And even if you dont have the guts to opt out of the PBA, then call for an immediate resignation for all Executive members of the PBA so that we can negotiate with the new Sheriff for a final and fair contract.

10-31-2008, 08:26 AM
Before the nut's reply I mean Larry Smith in the above post, not Larry 08.

10-31-2008, 08:29 AM
Wrong time, wrong place to discuss this. Focus. Concentrate on getting Scapecchi elected. First things first! Geet off this subject till after Nov 4th!

10-31-2008, 11:12 AM
I have been a member of the PBA since inception as a deputy in the department. However, as time has progressed the PBA has been wrong on a number of issues. First they settle for a dummy test for Sgt and Lt with 80 percent failing. Then they settle for a overtime option that never came to pass thanks to Larry. Congrats to the board members that were able to be promoted under this new system but for those of us who didn't have $500 to give we failed.

Please, please, please, if you disagree with the current board's position drop out and let's send a clear message to Bain and his bud's. And even if you dont have the guts to opt out of the PBA, then call for an immediate resignation for all Executive members of the PBA so that we can negotiate with the new Sheriff for a final and fair contract.

I don't recall you being at any of the meeting to address your concerns and the contract passed by the membership by a landslide. But you go ahead and resign and then call for the resignation of the exexcutive members. They'll be waiting for your call.

SilverSurfer
10-31-2008, 11:42 AM

Kunert destroyed the reputation of the PBA. Bain has been trying to repair the damage done. He has done a fine job as most of the board members have. If you don't like the direction they are going don't whine about it on a web site. Become a board member and do something about it. But like most of the critics you probably like to complain and want someone else to take all the risk while you sit back and get all the rewards. You are a tard.

10-31-2008, 02:11 PM
If you don't like the direction they are going don't whine about it on a web site. Become a board member and do something about it. But like most of the critics you probably like to complain and want someone else to take all the risk while you sit back and get all the rewards. You are a tard.

Oh like you? Shouldn't you be wrestling your own demons right now and not attacking the membership because they ask what their board is doing for them? Please don't call people "tards" just because they don't agree with you. For petes sake just come out and stop lying to yourself; it's making you a miserable person to be around.

ps...please stay out of my office.

Guestobserver
10-31-2008, 03:22 PM
The PBA is correct in their endorsement and is right on target for calling attention to the insulting statement made by Mr Morgan. There is a clear pattern and not the first time that law enforcement has been insulted and blamed. If the PBA and officiers weren't concerned then that would be a problem.

10-31-2008, 03:30 PM
BS. DON'T CHANGE THE SUBJECT THE PBA SUCKS. (Morgan was talking about the admin and every one of you knows it)

10-31-2008, 03:32 PM
Scapecchi is a McNesby puppet. A vote for Larry is a vote to bring back Ronniemac.

10-31-2008, 04:00 PM
Thanks to the short-sighted PBA board the next round of negotiations could sound like this.

PBA: Sheriff Morgan, you're a no good dirty scoundrel who lies.

Morgan: Pardon me?

PBA: You heard our radio and TV ads and you heard our board members correctly, we said you are a arrogant scumbag.

Morgan: Ok?

PBA: Can we have a raise and window tint?

Morgan: Who are you again?

PBA: PBA and we will rule you.

Morgan: Oh ok, you are the group whose leaders were bought by Ronnie Mac. Sorry Bain but you'll have to earn your next promotion.

PBA: but but but my members made me do it. I knew better but they made me!

Morgan: Bain, for you to say something like that is disgusting.

10-31-2008, 04:04 PM
Thanks to the short-sighted PBA board the next round of negotiations could sound like this.

PBA: Sheriff Morgan, you're a no good dirty scoundrel who lies.

Morgan: Pardon me?

PBA: You heard our radio and TV ads and you heard our board members correctly, we said you are a arrogant scumbag.

Morgan: Ok?

PBA: Can we have a raise and window tint?

Morgan: Who are you again?

PBA: PBA and we will rule you.

Morgan: Oh ok, you are the group whose leaders were bought by Ronnie Mac. Sorry Bain but you'll have to earn your next promotion.

PBA: but but but my members made me do it. I knew better but they made me!

Morgan: Bain, for you to say something like that is disgusting.

Now that funny, I don't care who you are! I just hope it's not true!

10-31-2008, 04:58 PM
"bad boys, bad boys, what u gonna do, what u gonna do when morgan comes for you"

my guess is Kinsey is going to ask for a higher salary for all the deputies that are gonna be arrested

10-31-2008, 05:56 PM

It is a joy from time to time to have the chance to respond to statements that have no basis in fact. One would have the chance to point out ignorance by disecting the statement. There have been mistakes made by PBA. However, all organizations will error sometimes. The mistakes you point out are not accurate and for the majority are not mistakes. The decisions just did not please everyone.

If you were a member of PBA since its inception that would make you an old deputy. At least 4 Sheriffs have worked under a PBA contract. Each of those SHeriffs did not promote you. Two of the admins had no test. If you were not promoted could it be that it was your fault?

As for the failing scores if any passed so could the others. What I hear you say is that I am not as smart as the 20% that passed please give me an ESD version of the test so I can play too. This is an Obama type mentality. We should not create a test for all to pas but one that test knowledge.

As for the overtime PBA never agreed to this proposal Larry or not. Pba was aginst this the entire time. You just lied when you said that.

Further, please list the contributions of ALL board members who gave money to McNesby. I am especially concerned to see the ones that were promoted and and gave 500 as your post stated. If you would like I could give you the location to look because it is appearent you may not have the mental ability to locate this information. If you had that ability you would have looked before you posted such an ignorant statement.

As for asking the board to resign. What a great idea. Lets ask the board to resign because we dont agree with them. What a great attitude..........if you are a dictator. Our form of leadership is based on the idea that not all people have to agree. I would suggest you run for a postion and then you can make all the decisions that please everyone.

Honestly I am ashamed of myself for responding to your post. Typically I can ignore ignorance better than this.

10-31-2008, 08:48 PM

You really showed us all why you're still just a deputy. Of course I don't see anything wrong with just being a deputy.

Dropping out is not a cure for any problems that come up. Nothing gets done if you stick your head in the sand. In fact Morgan and his following are hoping that is what everyone does.

I too have been a PBA member since its inception and even though I don't agree with everything that has been done, its still there for us. Were do you think we would be without it. We have more now than before PBA. Since we no longer have the civil service, you better hope the PBA stays around. Without it there won't be anyone but the good ole boys because those that aren't won't be around.

As for the test, the PBA could only bargain to have a test, what the questions were is not a bargaining point. If only 20% passed then they probably studied or knew their stuff. Another 20 % are probably not good at taking test and that is a problem and unfortunately eliminates a lot of good people. The remaining 60% probably didn't study well enough or didn't open a book. The latter was part of the problem because some of them admitted to me they didn't study. I was one of the 60% who didn't open a book, but I was also one of the 20% who passed. It was a hard test but people like you and me that have been there for a while had a good chance of passing if you knew your stuff and used some good common sense. Sure, I didn't ace it but I passed.

Don't blame the PBA for your short comings. If its broke then do your part to fix it.

SilverSurfer
11-01-2008, 03:48 PM
If you don't like the direction they are going don't whine about it on a web site. Become a board member and do something about it. But like most of the critics you probably like to complain and want someone else to take all the risk while you sit back and get all the rewards. You are a tard.

Oh like you? Shouldn't you be wrestling your own demons right now and not attacking the membership because they ask what their board is doing for them? Please don't call people "tards" just because they don't agree with you. For petes sake just come out and stop lying to yourself; it's making you a miserable person to be around.

ps...please stay out of my office.

I don't work in or around an office.......you have no idea who I am TARD. Get of you butt and do something about it. Get involved and make a change.

SilverSurfer
11-01-2008, 03:50 PM
BS. DON'T CHANGE THE SUBJECT THE PBA SUCKS. (Morgan was talking about the admin and every one of you knows it)

Then do something about it. You guys are like cows playing follow the leader. Its amazing how many people don't have the balls to take action and want to whine on a board.

11-01-2008, 05:52 PM
We are numbnuts. We got rid of McNesby, getting Morgan as sheriff & we are going to get rid of our current PBA Board.

SilverSurfer
11-02-2008, 09:55 PM
And just how do you plan on getting rid of the PBA board? Just like a McMorgan supporter, pompus to the end. Try again in 4 years.

BTW your still a tard.

11-03-2008, 01:34 AM
You and who else, numbnuts???? The PBA stays to negotiate in good faith with Larry or to resist every effort by Morgan to ruin the Sheriff's Office.

11-05-2008, 02:41 AM
Morgan wins!!!!! what you gonna do now????? :cop:

11-05-2008, 03:15 AM

See above. Morgan will have a hard time with the employees that do not and will not respect him even if he demands it.

11-05-2008, 03:29 AM

See above. Morgan will have a hard time with the employees that do not and will not respect him even if he demands it.

I think not, Morgan has a plan for this, just wait and see. To give you a hint, in Star Trek, what is the Borg's favorite saying?

11-05-2008, 03:36 AM
I am not a Star Trek fan, but I am inept and uneducated. So please tell me.

11-05-2008, 03:42 AM
Resistance is futile.

What is he going to fire all of us.

11-05-2008, 03:47 AM
Resistance is futile.

No, only those who don't chant Heil, mein Fuhrer.

11-05-2008, 03:57 AM
Resistance is futile.

I think it is, "Resistance is futile, you will be assimilated!"

Morgan will lead by example, he will give every employee the chance to succeed! All employees will have the chance to prove their worth to the agency, we will all have the opportunity to improve our agency!!!