PDA

View Full Version : Tread

10-30-2008, 03:35 PM
Attention all!

Do not write anything on this SITE!!!! There is a person within the S.O. that will RAT you out. Watch your back. It is a shame that you can't voice your opinion with out getting in trouble. Please do yourself a favor and stay off this site. :roll: You all know this person, and I think that you would be surprised at who it is. :shock: Be safe Brothers and sisters.

MOD 1
11-03-2008, 07:35 PM
Attention all!

Do not write anything on this SITE!!!! There is a person within the S.O. that will RAT you out. Watch your back. It is a shame that you can't voice your opinion with out getting in trouble. Please do yourself a favor and stay off this site. :roll: You all know this person, and I think that you would be surprised at who it is. :shock: Be safe Brothers and sisters.

If you post anonymously, or use a User Name with an email address that does not identify you, know one will know who you are unless you tell them. Some times you might give away who you are by the way you say certain things or misspell certain words, this is where using spell check might come in handy.

Moderators do not have access to IP addresses. They have no way of knowing who you are unless you tell them. I do have access to IP addresses, I don't share that information with anyone, still having an IP address can only tell me how you access the internet. It in no way tells me who you are.

For someone to come on here and say that a person within your Agency will Rat you out for posting on here is a stretch. The only way someone can know if you are posting on here is if you tell them. The only way they can know what you are posting on here is if you tell them.

Now, if you post from a work computer or network, you have no expectation of privacy. Your agency can find out when and what you access on the internet. They may or may not be able to find out what you post.

If you have any questions or concerns, please let me know.

Thanks,

Mod 1

11-03-2008, 11:38 PM
Thanks MOD1, the response you gave was great, and thanks for reposting the tread that was taken off. Have a great day MOD1, be safe..... :wink:

MOD 1
11-06-2008, 07:22 PM
I just deleted a post in this thread.

If you want to make a complaint against the Moderator containing allegations of wrong doing, email them to me at mod1@leoaffairs.co or PM them to me.

Again I will state that none of the Board Moderators have access to IP addresses. Only the 2 owners (Sysop, Admin1), Mod 2 and myself do. Even with the IP addresses, all that can tell us is how you connect to the internet, ie; Comcast, Roadrunner, Bellsouth, AOL, etc... It does not identify who you are.

Really the only way anyone can know who you are when you post on here are:

1. If you register a User Name and TELL others your User Name, or include identifying information in your User Name or email address.

2. You include identifying information in a post.

3. You talk in an easily identifiable way, and then post in the same way.

4. You post from a work computer or network. Then your IT/MIS people can access information.

5. Somebody tells and only you a made up story, and then it ends up on here a few minutes later.

6. You tell someone and they tell others.

As far as the Terms of Use, the biggest violations of the Terms of Use are:

Personal attacks against a named person.

Allegations of wrong doing against a LEO without posting proof.

You can post things that need to be discussed about people, especially about command members without making it a personal attack on that person. A lot of times, just wording your post a little differently can mean the difference between it being deleted and not being deleted.

Just think about how you would feel if the post was written about you.

Thanks,

Mod 1